• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I'm really torn on what to do with two hakus. The DD is so damn good it seems like if I ever did get Ronia or Lubu that extra active and awakenings will make it worth having two of her in a devil team as opposed to using the other one for the dragon evo.

Zero_IYAD

So v 6.5 will hit Japan in July..
Wonder when we'll get it :|

I have 2 Hakus, one Max leveled & fully awoken yet I never used her..
Guess I'll turn her to D/D & evolve the 2nd to D/F.

linsivvi

Only if Devil Haku got D/B instead of D/D...

I'm ok with that. If you are going for the row-enhance route, then the bulk of your damage will come from D anyway. In essence the sub-element and the 2-pronged attack will give her a 1.65x boost against all enemies, on top of all the bonuses you apply.

Only if Devil Haku got D/B instead of D/D...

I disagree, If the choice was only ever between D/D Haku and D/B Haku for devil subtype I'm glad she got D/D.

She still has great synergy with her existing teams and Satan, but she gets a bit better for Ronia teams with D/D over D/B.

Seeing I&I get a second ultimate makes me wonder if the rest of the Norse gods will get second ultimates. What would dream ultimates be for Freyr, freya, Thor and Loki?

Seeing I&I get a second ultimate makes me wonder if the rest of the Norse gods will get second ultimates. What would dream ultimates be for Freyr, freya, Thor and Loki?
If the pattern holds they're gonna be slightly increase HP/3xATK for some type. Does it seem like GungHo is pushing secondary colors for types recently? New I&I could make for a decent Blue healer team with Siren/ninja/Blue Valk.

Edit: looks like all Norse gods are getting stat boosts so just a matter of time for the others to get busties.

Jagernaut

I completed all difficulties of the Takaoka Collab with a mono red Ares/Freyr team. Pretty easy. If it was running for more than 2 days I would try to skill up the boss.

Wow so much stuff coming down the pipeline. Need more free stones! Can't keep up with all this stuff.

Anyway, Takaoka City Collab looked pretty simple so I decided to take my infinite loop Kushi team for a test run. It worked beautifully.

Kushinada
Echidna
Echidna
Echidna
Blodin
Kushinada

All max-skilled except for Blodin. He's just there for stats, skill boosts, and a source of Water damage. Once Kushinada and Echidnas are active, you're able to do an infinite delay+armor loop. Every 3 turns right before delay wears off, activate Kushi to reduce damage between delays. Then delay with the next Echidna. Continue ad infinitum, alternating Echidnas and Kushis. Of course if you get a big enough combo, Kushi will OHKO anything anyway, but this is super safe, in case you just can't get big enough combos or if you're in a regular 6 color dungeon.

lenni

I was so counting on D/R Haku to be attacker for my dtron..now I don't know what to do with mine. Maybe some complaining over Twitter will fix this? :/

Hige

If the pattern holds they're gonna be slightly increase HP/3xATK for some type. Does it seem like GungHo is pushing secondary colors for types recently? New I&I could make for a decent Blue healer team with Siren/ninja/Blue Valk.

Edit: looks like all Norse gods are getting stat boosts so just a matter of time for the others to get busties.
That reminded me of a post I read at PAD forum a couple weeks ago (link). It does seem like a way to sidegrade and encourage people to roll REM subs since there are not a lot of choices for the new color/type match ups. Lawl @ my three green Guan Yus.

Quantum

Yeah tricolor with her is so stupendously fun.

edit: Rolled Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao. This is a 4x multiplier. The same as Dark Angel Metatron who is considered really really good. Can Da Qiao clear most content like Kirin can? How REM dependent is Da Qiao?

I have been using DQXQ as my main lead for the lest two weeks, I have been following the team building link and have really enjoyed it as a lead.

You can absolutely steam roll all farming levels and clear most of the main content. There are times when you can do tremendous damage, but with decended levels I am still having a ton of problems focusing the damage.

It seems most people are running healer teams with some focusing on blue dmg - definitely a good pull but absolutely runs into problems with the decended dungeons.

I have been using DQXQ as my main lead for the lest two weeks, I have been following the team building link and have really enjoyed it as a lead.

You can absolutely steam roll all farming levels and clear most of the main content. There are times when you can do tremendous damage, but with decended levels I am still having a ton of problems focusing the damage.

It seems most people are running healer teams with some focusing on blue dmg - definitely a good pull but absolutely runs into problems with the decended dungeons.

Hrrmmmm... That's no good then honestly. Descends are a huge part of the game. I could back up this file and keep rolling for Kirin I guess.

Or perhaps DQXQ will get and ult evo in the future that would let her take on descends.

Quantum

She's definitely descended capable make no doubt. You just might need a little extra oomph that she can't provide alone for the more difficult ones.

Certainly some debate about that - specifically if you read through the team building thread there is concern about the damage.

I will admit I'm not great with them yet and have done 2-3 million damage with some 13-15 combos (with skyfall ofc) but it is not consistent.

it is also noted that people who have been clearing the descendeds are using either venus or yomi with change the world combined with either row enhance or the king shinee and healer teams. I am not seeing the consistency which is partially because I am not proficient with spike teams yet, but its also largely dependent on specials I don't have access too.

16x is active 95% of the time, but the 3x (16x) comes with decreasing total hp and deciding which specials you can do without.

it is an amazing leader no doubt, but the final teams remain dependent (from my perspective) on other REM pulls where kirin teams can be obtained through regular play.

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=46199

Jagernaut

If Horus was capable of killing descendeds before he got his busty then DQXQ who has a strictly better version of his original leader skill should be too.

I like Horus but his 16x or 25x attack is diluted by using all colors and he has no burst. I wish I had Kirin and her mostly light focused 25x.

Uthred

I like Horus but his 16x or 25x attack is diluted by using all colors and he has no burst. I wish I had Kirin and her mostly light focused 25x.

I think the point being made is that for quite a long time Horus was "king of the hill" and more than capable of clearing all available descends, so a god with a better version of his leader skill is also equally capable of clearing the same descends.

I think the point being made is that for quite a long time Horus was "king of the hill" and more than capable of clearing all available descends, so a god with a better version of his leader skill is also equally capable of clearing the same descends.

Did descends just get progressively harder or something?

Quantum

Did descends just get progressively harder or something?

The game has constantly evolved. Harder? IDK, different - absolutely.

I think if you look at the newer decendeds there is definitely both higher base hp throughout the dungeons and shorter number of floors.

you need to do more damage and have a harder time stalling for skills.

that being said - the mobs have also increased both their power (spikes) and have faster turn counts (and awoken skills).

the newer leaders can tear through the older content, so I'd say its easier but it still requires skill and timing (and luck).

I also just wanted to point out that DQXQ has a ton of potential and I didn't mean that they can't clear decends, its just all of the videos have very powerful sub teams. Personally running it is fun and can do tremendous damage, I just haven't gotten my sub teams together and am fortunate to have a few subs which I think will work well.

But I IAP'd a bunch and might pick up some birthday stones for the coming PC godfest.

But I IAP'd a bunch and might pick up some birthday stones for the coming PC godfest.

I'd totally IAP but spending stones on rolling is basically just gambling. And I've gotten golems and other REM trash on free stones. If I got one on payed stones I'd be livid.

Really wish they'd remove the trash from the REM.

I'd totally IAP but spending stones on rolling is basically just gambling. And I've gotten golems and other REM trash on free stones. If I got one on payed stones I'd be livid.

Really wish they'd remove the trash from the REM.

Between this game as CS:GO crates it is actually a lot worse than the lottery scratchers I've been giving my dad shit about for years.

Between this game as CS:GO crates it is actually a lot worse than the lottery scratchers I've been giving my dad shit about for years.

I can't link a study, but I'm pretty sure the whole idea between special currencies (stones, toonbux, disco dollars, etc...) is because it psychologically makes you think you aren't spending as much as you are.

Haha, it's part of the game. The frustration and randomness of the gatcha is a key part. The secret is not to take it so seriously and just emjoy the ride!

At 5 dollars a spin its not really something you can just "relax and enjoy." It is part of the game as a clear revenue enhancing device, not to increase player enjoyment. The PAL Egg Machine can be whatever it wants, but the REM machine is just there to suck up player money as much as possible and the game would be far improved if it didn't give vendor trash but always gave something at least -somewhat- potentially useful.

On an unrelated note, the iPad version of this game is awful at diagonals. Really just can't do them at all.

colinp

Banned
At 5 dollars a spin its not really something you can just "relax and enjoy." It is part of the game as a clear revenue enhancing device, not to increase player enjoyment. The PAL Egg Machine can be whatever it wants, but the REM machine is just there to suck up player money as much as possible and the game would be far improved if it didn't give vendor trash but always gave something at least -somewhat- potentially useful.

On an unrelated note, the iPad version of this game is awful at diagonals. Really just can't do them at all.

Whether you can relax or not is completely up to you, but it has made Gung-ho millions and millions. Whether the game would be improved is debatable, scarcity IS a large part of the design after all, but it would undoubtedly make gung-ho much much poorer. In short, complain all you want it isn't going to change. Your time and frustration are better placed elsewhere.

Quantum

To each their own I guess. I did play 370 days before I converted to IAP, I was a heavy mmorpg player and paid monthly for a number of games, I have picked up hundreds of titles for an xbox that I no longer play at full price. I have a ton of steam games that I've played less than an hour.

I have now played PAD consistently for over 430 days and continue to enjoy it. I agree that the REM is terrible, at I believe 3.75 usd a pull (when buying stones in bulk) and I have documented most of my pulls and I think half of them were shit.

The 180 USD I've spent is more than I like to admit, but it has greatly improved my enjoyment of a game I play daily and it scratches the mmorpg itch pretty well without eating up the time the mmorpgs did.

I think psychologically If I had everything to start with I would have been done with this game in two weeks.

I certainly don't think the game is worth 180 dollars, *but* I know I've gotten more than 180 dollars worth of enjoyment out of the game (if that makes sense).

Whether you can relax or not is completely up to you, but it has made Gung-ho millions and millions. Whether the game would be improved is debatable, scarcity IS a large part of the design after all, but it would undoubtedly make gung-ho much much poorer. In short, complain all you want it isn't going to change. Your time and frustration are better placed elsewhere.

Well as more and more stuff gets added to the REM good luck pulling anything you need, even if you are a caual IAP player.

colinp

Banned
Well as more and more stuff gets added to the REM good luck pulling anything you need, even if you are a caual IAP player.

Yeah, I've only ever spent $5 on PAD. I'm not too worried about the REM. I'm only playing to have fun and enjoy the experience. When I stop I'll probably stop playing, too.

I know I come at PAD from a different approach, and it's because I played over a year ago and then stopped when I hit a wall about thirty or so days in. I pulled Yomi but this was before awoken skills and ultimate evos. I got tired of the grind, pulled during a Godfest using all the stones I saved up and got absolute shite. I was so pissed I quit!

Earlier this year I decided to start again IF I got a good first pull. Before going to bed if I had time I would do one run through of the tutorial. First one was bad so I deleted it and went to bed. Few days later, same. Few days later pulled Kirin. I had no idea whether she was good or not until checking the op, hah. The point is I wanted a no stress approach to the game. When you follow this thread it sometimes sounds like the players are in an abusive relationship. It's really weird! I recommend avoiding that. PAD isn't inherently unhealthy, but the way some people approach it is.

Spoit

See, the thing is, there's no point in pulling in anything other than a godfest, where the odds are fairly static (for the featured series you'd be targeting) anyway, iirc?

Yeah, I've only ever spent $5 on PAD. I'm not too worried about the REM. I'm only playing to have fun and enjoy the experience. When I stop I'll probably stop playing, too.

I know I come at PAD from a different approach, and it's because I played over a year ago and then stopped when I hit a wall about thirty or so days in. I pulled Yomi but this was before awoken skills and ultimate evos. I got tired of the grind, pulled during a Godfest using all the stones I saved up and got absolute shite. I was so pissed I quit!

Earlier this year I decided to start again IF I got a good first pull. Before going to bed if I had time I would do one run through of the tutorial. First one was bad so I deleted it and went to bed. Few days later, same. Few days later pulled Kirin. I had no idea whether she was good or not until checking the op, hah. The point is I wanted a no stress approach to the game. When you follow this thread it sometimes sounds like the players are in an abusive relationship. It's really weird! I recommend avoiding that. PAD isn't inherently unhealthy, but the way some people approach it is.

I also attempted to get a leader requiring as little REM as possible. Apparently Da Qiao can do that and if not I will reset. I haven't and don't plan on spending money on the game.

I just think the game would be less abusive if absolute trash was removed from the REM.

Hadn't seen an announcement for failio dungeon. GH has always lagged with their posts anyway. Easily doable with a Satan team:

viKwGWMl.jpg

Valk + L.Tron with all 1 rarity subs works very well. Valk gives you an orb changer and Wood attack. L.Tron gives you an autoheal, 2 skill boosts, and Water attack. They work well in combination since the skill boosts guarantee Valk will be active by turn 4 if you need her, and the 2 extra elements allows you to still deal damage even if there are no Light orbs on board. The Pixies and Carbuncles are also Healers to take advantage of the multipliers and have better overall stats than simple masks.

l3HpfQ1.png

Top Bottom