• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Uthred

I also attempted to get a leader requiring as little REM as possible. Apparently Da Qiao can do that and if not I will reset. I haven't and don't plan on spending money on the game.

I just think the game would be less abusive if absolute trash was removed from the REM.

I think everyone agrees with you, but its never going to change as its the games main money maker so there isnt much to do other than acknowledge it and move on (have to say though, whenever I do get pure shit from the REM it puts me off the game for a few days ;) )

Ducarmel

S rank is possible with Grodin / Busty Echidna team with 1 star subs.

Got 222,502 score

edit: 4 millioin downloads for NA PAD, I wonder how they will reward us.

Zero_IYAD

Gotta love these S-rank Tamadras <3

tumblr_n66qycBMIx1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

But yeah, if you think PAD is abusive...don't start MPQ. I think I have stockholm
PAD definitely has one of the less abusive monetization models out there - if you want a game where rolling the REM is a terrifying experience, try Dragon Poker (7% for an SS rare), LLSIF (1% for an Ultra Rare), or Monster Strike (I have never rolled a 5* monster outside of the tutorial roll). Some games also seldomly or never hand out free stones.

On the other hand other games have done better than PAD, such as with stamina regen rate. Many games coming out take much less time to gain 1 stamina, and Dragon Poker even gives you one free stamina refresh each day.

PAD definitely has one of the less abusive monetization models out there - if you want a game where rolling the REM is a terrifying experience, try Dragon Poker (7% for an SS rare), LLSIF (1% for an Ultra Rare), or Monster Strike (I have never rolled a 5* monster outside of the tutorial roll). Some games also seldomly or never hand out free stones.

On the other hand other games have done better than PAD, such as with stamina regen rate. Many games coming out take much less time to gain 1 stamina, and Dragon Poker even gives you one free stamina refresh each day.

How is dragon coins in terms of this?

J0dy77

Ok, thanks. I need 40 more ranks for team 9, and only 7 more for 150 stamina.

I hit my 150 stam rank a week or two ago. It's a real nice in game accomplishment.

If Horus was capable of killing descendeds before he got his busty then DQXQ who has a strictly better version of his original leader skill should be too.

I am looking at dqxq a bit more. She has the ability to stack light and king Shynee is an X factor. You can stack an all healer team for easy combo match and burst on bosses.

Ducarmel

What's the point of getting the S ranking, does it give you another stone or something?

Free Tamadra

How is dragon coins in terms of this?

I play Dragon coins, it is a little all over the place right now, bugs and broken events. I'm non iap player so I cant really give you an informed comment on iap. I like the game a lot but I have a feeling its mostly because of PAD fatigue and I just wanted something different.

You get enough free pulls to at least get 2 or 3 Super Rare monster in the first couple of weeks you play the game. The problem now is evolving the SR monsters to SR+, the way evolving monsters work you need to feed it a duplicate copy of the monster.

They seem to get you by giving you a lot of free stuff early but then you hit a wall and you notice you have monsters you cant evolve yet.

The chances of getting two of the same Super Rare monster have to be significantly low. I have 2 SR monsters and I don't see anyway outside of iap I am going to evolve them. I would have to be super lucky to get it from free pulls.

Also increasing box space cost more then pulling for a Rare monster.

IAP actually is cheaper in Dragon coins though. $100 for 43 pulls. You would have to pay about 143 dollars for the same amount of pulls in PAD.

Edit: woops its actually $100 for 130 pulls for the regular rainbow chest, the 43 pulls is for a special featured rainbow monster chest which is still a bargain compared to pad

Speaking of Dragon Coins, I just started playing it last night. Went in blind just to get a feel for it. Seems cool. I think I'll alternate between that and PAD. Anyone know of a good beginner's guide and/or discussion forum for it? Also anyone know how you get Rainbow Tickets? I was able to pull the Rainbow Chest with a single Rainbow Ticket but I don't know how I got the ticket and the game doesn't tell you how many you have. I think I've seen enough of the game to start over and reroll for a SR. I'm guessing the best thing is to roll the Friend Chest until I get a good SR, then just spend Rainbow Coins on box space.

Ducarmel

Speaking of Dragon Coins, I just started playing it last night. Went in blind just to get a feel for it. Seems cool. I think I'll alternate between that and PAD. Anyone know of a good beginner's guide and/or discussion forum for it? Also anyone know how you get Rainbow Tickets? I was able to pull the Rainbow Chest with a single Rainbow Ticket but I don't know how I got the ticket and the game doesn't tell you how many you have. I think I've seen enough of the game to start over and reroll for a SR. I'm guessing the best thing is to roll the Friend Chest until I get a good SR, then just spend Rainbow Coins on box space.

The English wiki is incomplete but still useful
http://wiki.dragon-coins.net/wiki/Main_Page

Japanese or Chinese? wiki
http://zh.dragoncoins-data.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Coins_维基

English forum, actually registered today and started a thread to complain about a bug.
http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?404-Dragon-Coins

A majority of your pulls will be friend coins and it is possible to get SR monsters I got my first one through the friend chest.

Rerolling has its pros and cons. The friend chest is your best bet since it does have a chance give SR, the rainbow ticket and free rainbow coins however are log in bonuses. So it will be time consuming to collect all those free coins and tickets. You also get rainbow coins for collecting all monsters in an area.

Again as stated in my previous post the game gives you a decent amount of free rainbow coins, friend coins, and tickets in the first couple of days to get a good taste of what the game has to offer. I am not sure what the log in bonuses are for consecutive log ins after 13 days but so far the last 2 days I only have gotten gold coins. It looks like tomorrow I will get a free gold star monster will report tomorrow what i got.

Thanks! Yeah it looks like Friend Points are only used for the Friend chest, so that seems the best source for rerolling since there's a smaller chance for a SR, and because Rainbow coins are much more valuable and versatile. That is, unless the pool of SR monsters you can pull from the Friend chest is limited and the only way of pulling better monsters is through the Rainbow chest.

Ducarmel

Thanks! Yeah it looks like Friend Points are only used for the Friend chest, so that seems the best source for rerolling since there's a smaller chance for a SR, and because Rainbow coins are much more valuable and versatile. That is, unless the pool of SR monsters you can pull from the Friend chest is limited and the only way of pulling better monsters is through the Rainbow chest.

The SR pool in the friend chest is limited, you can actually see which ones you can get if your click on the see all tab.

Right now there is only nine available for the friend chest, while the Rainbow Chest have 25, and the featured chest 13.

Typically how long does it take for a new God with only one evolution to get an ultimate evolution?

Basically, when can we expect the Heroes of the Three Kingdoms to get ultimate evolutions? 1 year? 2 years?

Looks like I got extremely lucky on my first reroll and pulled #729 Dark Elemental from the Rainbow chest. The English wiki only goes up to #646, so I don't know what it evolves into, but the active skill looks really good. Absorb: "Feeds off enemy hostility, recovering HP when attacked!" Activate it on the brink of death and just spam coins until it runs out, and be back to full health.

My single Friend pull also yielded a rare #105 Shadowcat to go along with it. And it's skill looks like it complements Dark Elemental's. I guess I can be happy to have this combo as my first reroll, but I'll roll at least a few more times because rerolling is actually fun as long as you don't go too long without anything worthwhile to show for it.

edit: I guess I got the Shadowcat from the tutorial pull, not the Friend chest.

Been playing for 2(?) or 3 weeks now with my U&Y and Odin with dublit subs.

Got my U&Y to max level through Pendraga farming and thought it was going to be forever until I got a Mystic Mask when I saw the Wiki for it. So I sighed and moved on to leveling my Odin up, got a few more Pal Points and did one pull... fucking Mystic Mask!!~!~$

Now I just need the Keepers and one Water Dublit thing (very technical!) and I'll be able to evolve my U&Y.

Also, I'm assuming this next God Fest will be the best chance in the history of chances to get the best pulls since it's player voted? ... I've managed to save 25 stone from just going through the game and have been saving them for a God Fest.

Can this zombie team clear the dublit/mask dungeons?

Ogre + 4 Dragon Seeds + auto healer friend.

Only problem I can see is not having poison for some of the higher difficulties. That can be solved once I get a monster with an auto-recover awaken skill which will replace one of the dragon seeds. Then I can use a friend with poison.

Jagernaut

Can this zombie team clear the dublit/mask dungeons?

Ogre + 4 Dragon Seeds + auto healer friend.

Only problem I can see is not having poison for some of the higher difficulties. That can be solved once I get a monster with an auto-recover awaken skill which will replace one of the dragon seeds. Then I can use a friend with poison.

Yes, but you can't take 2 hits on the same turn. If 2 enemies have the same timer you have to kill 1 of them before they both attack.

maks

Curious...what are the best or most desirable Collab monsters out there? These guys come to mind off the top of my head...

TamadraPurin
Valkitty
Batman D/L
Time Mage (wish this came to US)

Even though Flame Chaser outclasses him for the current limited dungeons, D/D Batman is also a good limited leader with no matchup weaknesses. He's also easy to pull from the Batcha.

Ducarmel

Killua is from hunter x hunter collab

Tennin from pad arcade collab seems to be popular in Japan. Plays just like Killua but with light instead of dark.

Tobe

fuck fairlio, ty for the tama but fuck that shit. cool if wouldnt had gotten him in rem but not cool after all. well free skill ups and wicked ladies.

Cleofis

Neo Member
As far as leveling monsters that have an ultimate evo, is there a preferred method to level v. evo? Like is it more cost effective to level my Leviathan to 99 and THEN ult evo him to Water Twin Star Leviathan, or ult evo then go level 99?

Also, sub question, I'm assuming Water Twin Star Leviathan is really the only path to go with Leviathan. The other ult evos seem a lot easier to obtain but kinda gimp Levi for my mono blue team in the long run.

Doesn't matter. You can uvo at any level. The experience curve will still be the same. And yeah, for the late bloomer Dragons, their double main color forms are generally their best forms.

raiot

Doesn't matter. You can uvo at any level. The experience curve will still be the same. And yeah, for the late bloomer Dragons, their double main color forms are generally their best forms.

Echidna is the only exception to this, if you UEVO her before 99, you might actually loose stats until she is maxed by evoing her.

On another note, does anyone have an S-Rank Team for the flower dragon dungeon?

razterik

Okay, 37 runs later, I'm finished with little fish boy. Only saw four Udon, but did go 2/3 on skill ups. Saved a bunch of the blue fish if I feel like skilling one up later. Horus and Genie can stay unskilled, can't think of a use for either.

Also finished Byakko #2 today. Did pretty well, 18 chasers left over.

Rodin skill ups tomorrow. No rush there, thankfully.

Pretty sure I'm going to pass on fairy farming. Chaser hunting was rough and these are no better.

On another note, does anyone have an S-Rank Team for the flower dragon dungeon?

I ran Horus with high attack subs. The score is a really generous 100k, so you can bludgeon your way through pretty easily as long as you maximize combos and don't stall much. 10 turns gets you 40k points, and I think it drops off 2k per turn after that.

raiot

Which Technical Dungeon has the best plus egg rate? Talos's Abyss or Hill of Iris's Rainbow?

The highest chance on x5 days is Talos Abyss, If you have stones to spend and the right team you might go with the red only dungeon...

I just failed my S-Rank on Red Flower Dragon. I went in with a Horus F/L Team, swept every floor till the boss and then got him down to ca 20% and got bound :(

After that, I tried the new Legendary Seaway and 0-Stoned it. My team was:

D5qTBPd.png

Edit:

THIS IS NOT A SAFE TEAM!
If you get synced mobs on Floor 1, you are toast :(

Zero_IYAD

Seems like Legendary Seaway is a permanent dungeon..
Any videos of successful runs with Bastet or Horus leads?
Not sure how to zero stone it yet.. Do need to skill up my R.Odin tho :|

Volodja

EU is having Hera Descended today, so I managed to do my first descend with it.
Used an Hades Odin team and it was such a miserably boring experience even if ultimately successful without spending any stone.

I'll be ready to go again in like 1 hour but I'm not sure I really want to.

Hige

It took me close to 2 hours to do the RO Ace collab dungeon the other day. Never again! I tried it out only because a friend had Sylph up, so I used my own Sylph and 3 Leeks and a Golem. Second to last fight is fire element so my already pitiful damage was halved. I hate these low cost/rarity dungeons.

Maledict

EU is having Hera Descended today, so I managed to do my first descend with it.
Used an Hades Odin team and it was such a miserably boring experience even if ultimately successful without spending any stone.

I'll be ready to go again in like 1 hour but I'm not sure I really want to.

I've done it twice now, and the second time was only slightly faster than the first. It's such a miserable, soul destroying experience I've sworn off ever doing it again until I have a team that can do the dungeon properly.

Volodja

I've done it twice now, and the second time was only slightly faster than the first. It's such a miserable, soul destroying experience I've sworn off ever doing it again until I have a team that can do the dungeon properly.
I'll probably do it once more too so that I can have 3 gravities in total.
So tedious.

anyone have a link to that Haku ultimate? Missed that info over the weekend. Also, managed to snag DaXiag (sp?). Anyone else run them and have some extra space on the friends list?

Oh it did I just wasnt really paying attention ;)

Ouch, rough stuff. Not as bad as accidentally burning a stone to continue though :D

Is it more efficient to fuse five +1 monsters into one +5 monster or a +6 monster (using another +1 monster as a base)?

I store mine up to +15 at a time and then fuse, but yes...it's more efficient to store them up and fuse in batches of 10 or 15.

Top Bottom