• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Uthred

Is there any reason not to ult evo Red Giant Gigas?

I know Hera / Two Hero's are considered to be the " easiest " of the Descends and where people should start. But what would be considered the next ones to try?

Is there a Tier of descends like ...

Bottom Tier - Hera / Two Hero's

2nd Tier - Hera Is / Hera Ur

3rd Tier - Heracles / Valk

Etc. etc.

Since I am done with Hera / Two Heros, just curious which one I should try focusing in on next. Now that they seem to run descends all week long, all the time.

Hera->Two Heroes->Hera Is/Hear Ur/Goemon->Odin/Takeminikata/Satan->Hera-Beroc/Heracles/Artemis/->Valk->Zeus Dios/Izanami

Though the order will depend on what monsters you have available

Tobe

New event for summer :) more stones and probably tamas. Can copy since oim on the phone. Cool is a 2 day jester dragon for all new guys here is you gateway to descends. Max skill this dude. Personally I think he is the best heart maker. Apparently I could copy I just didn't knew how to. Lol

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Spires of Fire & Pillars of Ice - Part 1*
[Duration]: 5/27 (Tues), 12:00 AM - 6/5 11:59 PM (PDT)

Puzzle & Dragons is gearing up for summer, but like always, it's a matter of knowing when to stay cool and when to get hot! We've got quite a few bonuses and surprises in store, and we hope you enjoy them all! It's the perfect time to sit outside with a refreshing beverage, Puzzle & Dragons in hand.

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
5/27 - 5/31 - 1 free Magic Stone daily
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
5/27 - Heracles Descended!
5/28 - Heroes Descended!
5/29 - Izanami Descended!
5/30 - Hera-Ur Descended!

■③ Bonus Two Day Dungeons Bonuses!
Things got a little mixed up in our Flower Power event, but we're rounding things out by finishing up the two day dungeons! There's 24 hour 2x drops on the second days of both dungeons, so prepare for skill ups!

5/27 - 5/28 - Sword of Flames
5/29 - 5/30 - Dragon in Motley

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
5/27 - 5/31 - Jewel/Metal King Dragons

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

If I hoard stones, and wait for the right event I'll eventually get a Kirin right? Right? I don't want to reset....

Sometimes I really think I wouldn't mind giving up my Dark Angel Metatron (and other monsters I've pulled from the REM) to reset and keep on rerolling until I get a Kirin, especially since you can build a decent Kirin team through farmable monsters.

Ducarmel

If I hoard stones, and wait for the right event I'll eventually get a Kirin right? Right? I don't want to reset....

Sometimes I really think I wouldn't mind giving up my Dark Angel Metatron (and other monsters I've pulled from the REM) to reset and keep on rerolling until I get a Kirin, especially since you can build a decent Kirin team through farmable monsters.

If you plan on not iap then reroll.

D.Meta is the definition of whale team leader. You absolutely need her REM subs for late game content.

and this is what will happen to you hoping to get Kirin
EckXVd8.png

If you plan on not iap then reroll.

D.Meta is the definition of whale team leader. You absolutely need her REM subs for late game content.

and this is what will happen to you hoping to get Kirin

Yeah non-IAP. Actually if I downloaded the game on my phone and re rolled, could I then transfer over that to my ipad?

Hige

Just finished Hera-Is for the first time on legend and 0-stoned it and got the drop, whoo! Pretty much didn't meet the HP threshold for anything with around 13.5k HP and I had to nail a Kirin activation or Hera-Is would have killed me in the next turn.

Now back to Verche skill ups and waiting for a damn ruby dragon event to show up. I have like 15 fire pengdras sitting in my box!

Ducarmel

Yeah non-IAP. Actually if I downloaded the game on my phone and re rolled, could I then transfer over that to my ipad?

Do you mean data transfer option or physically taking the data from your phone to your ipad.

Data transfer goes through the gungho servers I believe I never tried it.

And just transferring the game files from your phone to your ipad should work but I think your phone would also need to be ios version of PAD.

Do you mean data transfer option or physically taking the data from your phone to your ipad.

Data transfer goes through the gungho servers I believe I never tried it.

And just transferring the game files from your phone to your ipad should work but I think your phone would also need to be ios version of PAD.

My phone is an apple one thankfully! Guess time to start rolling for Kirin on it.

colinp

Banned
Just finished Hera-Is for the first time on legend and 0-stoned it and got the drop, whoo! Pretty much didn't meet the HP threshold for anything with around 13.5k HP and I had to nail a Kirin activation or Hera-Is would have killed me in the next turn.

Now back to Verche skill ups and waiting for a damn ruby dragon event to show up. I have like 15 fire pengdras sitting in my box!

What does your Kirin team look like Hige?

Hige

Kirin, Echidna, Orochi, GrOdin, Verche

Orochi and GrOdin are just there for stats and color requirements. I think I've used Orochi's delay like 4 times the whole time I've had it. I use them on a couple other teams so they're what I've already got leveled up. I don't use Kirin a whole lot except for descends, because there's too much planning involved lol. Easier for me to use Horus for regular dungeons because I can use dark orbs and 16x is fine for a lot of things. I also have Valk and just pulled a Ronia last godfest, so I'm using them a lot now since they're pretty easy to farm with.

colinp

Banned
Kirin, Echidna, Orochi, GrOdin, Verche

Orochi and GrOdin are just there for stats and color requirements. I think I've used Orochi's delay like 4 times the whole time I've had it. I use them on a couple other teams so they're what I've already got leveled up. I don't use Kirin a whole lot except for descends, because there's too much planning involved lol. Easier for me to use Horus for regular dungeons because I can use dark orbs and 16x is fine for a lot of things. I also have Valk and just pulled a Ronia last godfest, so I'm using them a lot now since they're pretty easy to farm with.

Hmmmm, yeah I should give Hera-Is a shot. Thanks!

So I tried setting up an account on my phone but for some reason it recognizes my iCloud data and tries to overwrite my iPad version of PAD. Would I have to set up a completely different apple ID?

Is there any way I could back up my current data, reset my account, and then if I wanted, transfer the backup on my computer back onto my iPAD if I get tired of trying to reroll for Kirin?

thetechkid

So PADX says The Mythical Twin Dragons is on Tuesday, I'm wondering if I would be able to do it with either my Valkyrie or Sonia teams. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it, anyone have any tips/advice?

Ducarmel

So PADX says The Mythical Twin Dragons is on Tuesday, I'm wondering if I would be able to do it with either my Valkyrie or Sonia teams. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it, anyone have any tips/advice?

It does not look good for Valk teams I have been watching some vids the closest to a valk healer team i seen zero stone it is LMeta teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhGNaQ9bgo

I don't know how it would play out if you switch the leaders out on that team and put valk. One problem I see is you lose out on the +s awakening and Echidna will not be up by floor 6.

A Sonia team will do it but all the vids I have seen suggest only the heavy iap ones are the ones that will work.

Ducarmel

Out of all the dungeons she legally allowed to enter in as a leader I have not seen one she cant do with the right team, and assuming rng does not screw her.

She can even do dungeons where there is a missing orb she needs. Just need to bring the right orb changer and subs to stall/survive.

Kirin beating Takeminakata, no green orbs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfNRWhKIf3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6XxnVBvGQ

Disc of Ephemeris - Legend no light orb, I assume the same is true for the rest of Mystic Dragons series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykNlaMeHcck

The only one I have not seen proof if she can beat is Ancient Light Dragon, but I bet somebody has done it.

colinp

Banned
Ah, one stoned Hera-Is but she didn't drop! Got caught by her binds and then OHKO'd. Just had to make one more match but got orb trolled. Still, was good fun! Thinking of trying again as I got a level up from it.

Out of all the dungeons she legally allowed to enter in as a leader I have not seen one she cant do with the right team, and assuming rng does not screw her.

She can even do dungeons where there is a missing orb she needs. Just need to bring the right orb changer and subs to stall/survive.

Kirin beating Takeminakata, no green orbs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfNRWhKIf3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq6XxnVBvGQ

Disc of Ephemeris - Legend no light orb, I assume the same is true for the rest of Mystic Dragons series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykNlaMeHcck

The only one I have not seen proof if she can beat is Ancient Light Dragon, but I bet somebody has done it.

Wow... So is she like the best monster in the game?

Fuck fuck fuck.... What even are the odds of rolling her if I reset over and over?

Ducarmel

Wow... So is she like the best monster in the game?

Fuck fuck fuck.... What even are the odds of rolling her if I reset over and over?

She is up there you can argue she is the best god in the game

But there are some broken teams you can build if your willing to drop hundreds of dollars to roll like 3 red odins and red sonia's.

We don't know the numbers but your chances to roll for her are higher when Chinese gods are 5x during godfest.

She is up there you can argue she is the best god in the game

But there are some broken teams you can build if your willing to drop hundreds of dollars to roll like 3 red odins and red sonia's.

We don't know the numbers but your chances to roll for her are higher when Chinese gods are 5x during godfest.

Well I am going to remain a non-IAP player. And I know you can make some really really effective Sakuya teams with grindable monsters.

Meh I shall keep rerolling. I''ll have to get her eventually. Even if it takes all summer. Hopefully she is picked during the players choice godfest.

Reroll Progress:

1st attempt: Red Golem (Sakuyacomic.jpg)

2nd attempt: Phoenix Knight (to the ashes with you)

3rd attempt: Idunn & Idunna (Idunn goofed by rolling you)

4th attempt: Sarutobi Sasuke (nope)

5th attempt: Andromeda (this is not the god I'm looking for, but at least it is a god and the correct gender. A sign perhaps?)

6th attempt: Titan (sorta like a golem right? Sakuya must be following soon....)

7th attempt: Sarutobi Sasuke (so we meet again)

8th attempt: Toytops

9th attempt: Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao (light type? check. gold egg rarity? check. god type? check. y u no Kirin....)

Ducarmel

Is Kushinadahime also capable of clearing most dungeons like Kirin? Or no? I can reliably get like 6-8 combos.

Even though I have Kirin/Horus, I mostly main Kushi. I even 297+ her and with the new normal dungeon I will probably work my way to max skill her.

She is a tier below Kirin, but can wreck must dungeons if you have the skill and good subs.

Even though you can technically play with any sub with her you eventually going to want to run an optimized team with her which means REM subs. For example I run a Kushinada tri color team with mei mei as a main sub, and fill in the rest of the spots with Yomi, Izanagi and whatever utility monster I may need. I can swap mei mei for Karin or Haku and Leilan (if i had her) and change the rest of my subs accordingly to there skill.

There are also bi color teams you can build also

this guide explains how a Kushi team should look like for end game stuff.
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=23840

And another good read about combo leaders in general.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=30966

Even though I have Kirin/Horus, I mostly main Kushi. I even 297+ her and with the new normal dungeon I will probably work my way to max skill her.

She is a tier below Kirin, but can wreck must dungeons if you have the skill and good subs.

Even though you can technically play with any sub with her you eventually going to want to run an optimized team with her which means REM subs. For example I run a Kushinada tri color team with mei mei as a main sub, and fill in the rest of the spots with Yomi, Izanagi and whatever utility monster I may need. I can swap mei mei for Karin or Haku and Leilan (if i had her) and change the rest of my subs accordingly to there skill.

Hrmm, I'd like to minimize my REM use as much as possible.

I shall persevere for Kirin then!

Ducarmel

Hrmm, I'd like to minimize my REM use as much as possible.

I shall persevere for Kirin then!

Don't be discouraged to keep her or or at least save the file for later if you fail to get Kirin. Kushi is still playable with farmable stuff, again technically she can be played with any sub if you have the skill to get as much damage out of her. The REM subs just make it easier to play with her.

There are a a lot of farmable mobs that are good enough, in the end really you just need orb changers and utility mobs for whatever situation to beat most of the stuff in the game and gravity for descends. Plenty of farmable mobs with those skills

Don't be discouraged to keep her or or at least save the file for later if you fail to get Kirin. Kushi is still playable with farmable stuff, again technically she can be played with any sub if you have the skill to get as much damage out of her. The REM subs just make it easier to play with her.

There are a a lot of farmable mobs that are good enough, in the end really you just need orb changers and utility mobs for whatever situation to beat most of the stuff in the game and gravity for descends. Plenty of farmable mobs with those skills

Eh. I'd prefer to clear as much content as possible with as little REM as possible. Sakuya seems like the path of least resistance in that regard. Even though I will admit Kushi has been a lot of fun when I've had her as an ally.

Plus I don't mind rerolling. No matter how many times it takes. The game is like 95% patience anyway.

Hige

Kushinada's really fun to play and her skill has saved me a number of times. I mainly just use her for tricolor dungeons for the epic skyfall combos, but I've seen vids of her kicking ass outside of that.

Kushinada's really fun to play and her skill has saved me a number of times. I mainly just use her for tricolor dungeons for the epic skyfall combos, but I've seen vids of her kicking ass outside of that.

Yeah tricolor with her is so stupendously fun.

edit: Rolled Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao. This is a 4x multiplier. The same as Dark Angel Metatron who is considered really really good. Can Da Qiao clear most content like Kirin can? How REM dependent is Da Qiao?

Ducarmel

Yeah tricolor with her is so stupendously fun.

edit: Rolled Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao. This is a 4x multiplier. The same as Dark Angel Metatron who is considered really really good. Can Da Qiao clear most content like Kirin can? How REM dependent is Da Qiao?

She is actually a really good pull, she is one of the newer gods to come out so people are still figuring out how to play with her. Some vids show her as a very strong healer type leader better then Valk/L.Meta

read her leader skill carefully she plays more like Kirin/horus, you have to match colors.
All Monsters ATK x4 when 4 Color Attacks or 3 Color Attacks & Hearts at once.

She is actually easier to play with then both Horus and Kirin, and her subs are not as restricted as Kirin. Unlike Kirin and Horus she can do tricolor.

She has a healer sub type but to get the best out of her subtype you need some REM, but like Kirin she has farmable subs.

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=46199

https://www.google.com/search?q=凛聖の...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&safe=off&tbm=vid

Edit:Keep her your done rerolling

What makes Dtron so good despite them having the same multiplier is the possibility for burst damage with monodark. Since rainbow teams dilute the damage across multiple colors you might actually be doing less damage. But DQXQ's subtype may also lend to interesting tech which hasn't been discovered yet.

Ducarmel

I am crying tears of joy.

And yeah, she seems to play like a better Horus. What REM subs should I be on the lookout for exactly? Farmable subs seem fairly straightfoward: L/G Valkyrie (who has a descend), Echidna, ?, ?

I don't know really players are still experimenting with her. There are a decent amount of healer gods, but i guess its all about which one provide the best amount of hp/atk along with useful awakenings

The vid below has Venus which is a REM god, the rest are farmable, however Sandalphon has not come over to the NA servers he is king shynee replacement which is huge for healer teams..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8sMutixZ50

Compilation video of her clearing descends, some vids have REM subs like L.Meta, Bastet, Dark Valk, etc.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ntoFuKYL8I

razterik

Dragon Haku is terrible, they should have made her an Attacker. Devil Haku is nice, but why not D/B instead of D/D? Anyway, I can't wait to ultimate her.

Dragon Byakko is a victim of them pushing red Guan Yu.

Attackers are going all green now, no more buffs for Dark Tron.

It is a little weird they broke pattern to make D/D instead of D/B, but it is great for dark row teams since she gets two dark row enhance instead of a useless blue one. She'll be a perfect Ronia sub.

Muahahahaha I have two fully maxed Byakko's waiting for this. Should i go one and one or just have two devils? hm...

also this is huge...

- In patch v6.5, rank 120+ players can set a second leader. Friends will be able to see two leaders (active + leader in team slot 1)

- Box slots to be extended to 1,100

- HP/ATK/RCV stat awakening skills to be buffed to 200/100/50 respectively

colinp

Banned
Muahahahaha I have two fully maxed Byakko's waiting for this. Should i go one and one or just have two devils? hm...

also this is huge...

- In patch v6.5, rank 120+ players can set a second leader. Friends will be able to see two leaders (active + leader in team slot 1)

- Box slots to be extended to 1,100

- HP/ATK/RCV stat awakening skills to be buffed to 200/100/50 respectively

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

CornBurrito, if you want a Kirin friend I'll add you. What's your id?

Colby

Not sure if it has been posted, but have you guys seen the DBZ dungeon video? I'm so hyped. I've been saving stones for months and months, and I'm sitting on 100ish...if this player's choice godfest isn't worth it, the DBZ REM will get all my shinies.

maks

Not sure if it has been posted, but have you guys seen the DBZ dungeon video? I'm so hyped. I've been saving stones for months and months, and I'm sitting on 100ish...if this player's choice godfest isn't worth it, the DBZ REM will get all my shinies.

Got a link?

razterik

So both Godfest only Zhuge Liang get double two-pronged awakenings. I wonder if they are going to fix this awakening again, or are they trying to push some sort of match 4 mechanic?

Angelion dungeon coming up, last two weeks. Time to finish Persephone and work on a Wicked Lady or two.

Top Bottom