• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

yami4ct

Anyone have any team ideas to complete KoG with my current cards? Been having some trouble with it.

https://www.padherder.com/user/hermit07/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

Here is my pad herder

Man, you've got a ton of potential for both a Kirin light team or a Bastet Healer. For Kirin, I'm currently running Kirin/L.Tron Ultimate/Echidna/Apollo Ult/Valk/Kirin. You could easily derive a team off of that.

For Bastet/Healer, you've got L.Tron, DXDQ, Bast, Valk, Fairlion, and especially Venus. Go with something like Bast/L.Tron (or Valk)/Echdna/Shynee/Venus/Bast and if you're good with combos, you'll blow through it.

For a really easy clear, just use a Double G.Rodin team. As long as you manage the first few rounds of KoG well, and have 3 auto heal awakenings, you'll win. Not a great farm team, because it'll take time, but an easy win if you just want the stone.

razterik

Never got around to it before so I finally took down Heracles for the stone. This was stupid easy with Pandora/Hanzo/Vamp/FA Lucifer/Red Sonia/Pandora. Now to let him rot in my box.

quin

I think I'm using all my luck forever, but i just went 8 for 20 on Zeus skill-ups and 6 for 11 on Goemon skill-ups. This last week the rates have been really good...

I think I'm using all my luck forever, but i just went 8 for 20 on Zeus skill-ups and 6 for 11 on Goemon skill-ups. This last week the rates have been really good...

On the other hand I'm 0/9 on Haku skillups this week, only got 3 chasers left now for the last skillup. The game has its ups and downs.

Zero_IYAD

Finally Max skilled all my knights -except for Fenrir of course-.. Feels pretty good : )

I just beat Legendary Seaway with almost the same team and got the blue dragon. I used DTron instead of Rodin. I only took 1 hit from a Pengdra, otherwise it was easy. I'll try a double Horus team next time for more power since I matched 5 colors almost every turn but couldn't get 7 combos that often.
Congrats!
As I said, any of these leaders will work as long as you match orbs constantly.
Tho Bastet's skill in the final round makes it less stressing.
I cleared it more than 6 times so far & it's pretty much safe.

quin

On the other hand I'm 0/9 on Haku skillups this week, only got 3 chasers left now for the last skillup. The game has its ups and downs.

It does!!!
Did anyone see this??

1401289588103080u8p.jpg

i'm 0/20 on my haku skill ups, i hate farming those masks =|

Hahah yea, the masks are easily the worst material to farm, I've had 1 dark and 12 light drop so far today. Keepers are at least guaranteed to drop on Mondays, and usually comes with one or more Amelits too.

Yei happy birthday to me. 23 years old, is it bad that only want a wii u and iTunes credit for pad? Lol

maybe

Somebody made a program to automate the capture method for syncing your box data to PADHerder:
https://bitbucket.org/mywaifu/padproxy/overview
TheFluff" post="429183615 said:
On iOS PAD doesn't respect proxy settings, you have to use a fake DNS server to make it think that your computer is the Gungho servers instead. padproxy.py can do this now.

It's actually easier on Mac than on Windows because you don't need to install Python 2.7 (it comes preinstalled with MacOS).

Quick guide (assumes you're not completely helpless in the terminal; let me know if you need more detailed instructions).

The only requirement for this to work is that you need your mobile device and your computer to be on the same local network (for example, the two may be on the same wifi network, or you might have your desktop computer hooked up to your router with a network cable while your mobile device is connected to that same router's wifi network).

1. Download padproxy.py from BitBucket (the download link is pretty well hidden, I suggest you ctrl-f "download"). Unzip it somewhere convenient.

2. Fire upp the terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal) and cd to the folder where you put padproxy.

3. Find out what your local network IP address is by going into system preferences -> network and selecting your active (green bead) connection in the list (usually it's either wifi or ethernet). Underneath the line that says Status: connected, it'll say something like "the connection is active and has the IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". Note the IP address down.

4a. If you have an iDevice: (if not, try step 4b)
In the terminal, type in
Code:
sudo python padproxy.py 80 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
and replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the IP address you obtained in step 3. Now hit enter. It'll ask you for a password, and it's your account password on this computer it means (it's not padproxy that wants it, it's the OS that requests permission to run it as admin). Note that when typing it in there's no output on the screen; that's normal.

4b. If you have an Android device: (if not, try step 4a)
In the terminal, type in
Code:
python padproxy.py 9000
If you think 9000 is an ugly number you can replace it with any number you like between 8000 and 65535; just remember what you chose, because you will need it in step 6b. Unlike with an iDevice you don't need admin privileges to run padproxy (still, having them doesn't hurt anything). Now hit enter.

5. If you followed step 4a, padproxy will say something like
Code:
Serving DNS on <IP address> port 53...
Serving HTTP on <IP address> port 80...

If you followed step 4b, padproxy will say something like
Code:
Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 9000...
That means it's working.

6a) if you have an iDevice (if not, try 6b):
Grab your device, and follow these steps (everything under step 6) on your device, not on your computer:
6a.1) Make sure you've quit PAD (double-tap the home button, on iOS 7 you slide it upwards to quit it, on iOS 6 and earlier I think there was an X on the icon).
6a.2) Go to settings -> wi-fi -> your currently active connection -> scroll down to DNS. Note down the IP address(es) it says here; you may have to re-enter them later. Replace the IP address with your computer's local one (from step 3). Go back to the wifi settings to apply the change.
6a.3) Launch PAD. If you've done it right, you'll notice that on your computer padproxy will now start printing a lot of noise in the terminal. Once you've gotten into the PAD main screen with the menus etc, you should notice padproxy print a line in the terminal that says CAPTURED BOX DATA. That means you've been successful.
6a.4) Quit PAD again, go back to settings -> wifi -> your active connection and empty out the DNS field, then go back to the wifi settings screen to apply the change (it should automatically restore your previous DNS settings, but if it doesn't - i.e. you notice that the internet isn't working - then fill in the old values from step 6a.2). Then continue to step 7.

6b) if you have an Android device:
Grab your device, and follow these steps (everything under step 6) on your device, not on your computer.
Note: I've only tried this on a second-gen Nexus 7 with the stock OS, and I'm pretty sure these instructions won't fit a lot of other Android devices. You should still be able to follow along if you're familiar with your device and/or can google things.
6b.1) Make sure you've quit PAD. Rightmost button and sliding to the right worked for me.
6b.2) Go to settings -> wifi and tap and hold your currently active connection to bring up the context menu, then tap "modify network". Set proxy to manual, enter your computer's local IP address (from step 3) in the hostname field and 9000 (or whatever port you chose in step 4b) in the port field. Tap save.
6b.3) Launch PAD. If you've done it right, you'll notice that on your computer padproxy will now start printing a lot of noise in the terminal. Once you've gotten into the PAD main screen with the menus etc, you should notice padproxy print a line in the terminal that says CAPTURED BOX DATA. That means you've been successful.
6b.4) Quit PAD again, go back to settings -> wifi -> tap and hold your active connection -> modify network and set proxy back to "auto". Then continue to step 7.

7) Back to your computer. In the terminal, hit ctrl-c to quit padproxy. You will now have a file called capture.lotsofnumbers in your padproxy folder.

8) Go to padherder, click your username, import json, choose your capture.lotsofnumbers file. All done!

Hopefully this was understandable, let me know if you get stuck somewhere.

The process is very similar on Windows, except you need to install Python first and your network configuration is in a different place. NOTE that if you do this on Windows, you need Python 2.7, not any of the 3.x versions. Also on Windows, you probably need to replace "sudo" with "asadmin", or use a command prompt that you've launched in elevated mode (as in, launched as admin).

Unfortunately it doesn't work for JP PAD which I care about more.

Also, new event
*Spires of Fire & Pillars of Ice - Part 2*
[Duration]: 5/27 (Tues), 12:00 AM - 6/5 11:59 PM (PDT)

Get ready to kick off part 2 of our hottest/coolest event ever!

&#9632;&#9312; Daily Log-in Bonuses
6/1 - 6/5 - 1 free TAMADRA daily
&#8251;Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

&#9632;&#9313; Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
5/31 - 6/1 - ????????????
6/2 - The Thief Descended!
6/3 - Zeus Descended!
6/4 - Satan Descended!
6/5 - Draggie!

&#9632;&#9314; Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
6/1 - 6/5 - Rare Evo Materials

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Am I right in assuming I'm better off evolving my Green Odin over my U&Y?

I'm still only like rank 60, my only monsters are like GO, U&Y, Some weak Light Dragon and a dark robot with a dublit sub. I'm figuring if I evo my GO it'll be subbed more and help me get more pulls.

Also, can't wait to use my stones on pulls this weekend.

shinjijai

Am I right in assuming I'm better off evolving my Green Odin over my U&Y?

I'm still only like rank 60, my only monsters are like GO, U&Y, Some weak Light Dragon and a dark robot with a dublit sub. I'm figuring if I evo my GO it'll be subbed more and help me get more pulls.

Also, can't wait to use my stones on pulls this weekend.

you'll clear more content with U&Y than you would with GO. i'll evo U&Y first and spike through a lot of dungeons and make clearing tower of giants a lot faster.

Sandalphon... That's a tough dungeon, Raphael's dark absorb looks rough for pretty much all of my teams.

Any tips on Getting a S rank on Flower Dragon? I don't have a horus or Kirin, but I do have a U&Y,
Ronia, Valk, Ra, Anubis, and a bunch of other good monsters that can do these S ranks.

I do have a Bastet, but she is 5*.

Sandalphon... That's a tough dungeon, Raphael's dark absorb looks rough for pretty much all of my teams.

Any tips on Getting a S rank on Flower Dragon? I don't have a horus or Kirin, but I do have a U&Y,
Ronia, Valk, Ra, Anubis, and a bunch of other good monsters that can do these S ranks.

Use Mastering copiously and hope for good skyfalls, that's pretty much how it goes.

I did mine with Ra + Kush I think. Without RCV, it shouldn't be that hard to get the colors to match.

linsivvi

Well you only need 100K to get S so as long as you get a good average combo and don't take more than 13-14 turns, most of these leads should do it. The only tricky part is to be able to hit the boss a couple times without getting it under 50%, unless you have a sub that can get you out of the bullshit-guaranteed-you-will-die bind.

Sandalphon doesn't look too tough on paper, you can get around the dark absorb by using just 1 mob with dark sub-element.

Althane

0 Skillups for my Phoenix Knight.

Sadness.

I'm hoping I can get Drawn Joker max skilled, at least. Not that I'm having any luck with drops today.

Well you only need 100K to get S so as long as you get a good average combo and don't take more than 13-14 turns, most of these leads should do it. The only tricky part is to be able to hit the boss a couple times without getting it under 50%, unless you have a sub that can get you out of the bullshit-guaranteed-you-will-die bind.

Yeah he's kind of a bitch if you can't kill him quickly. bind subs for 3 turns and then do a fuckton of damage. Last time I took him out with 57 health remaining.

This game can be friendly at times, it's not often but it does happen.

KDRTBao.png

damn

Quantum

This is the only game I know where I feel like I'm progressing one day then get my ass handed to me the next.

Completed destroyed by izanami. utterly.

I was saying I was going to roll in the PC godfest, but might as well just level the mobs I have. Doesn't seem like a good idea to roll if you have a ton of mobs/cards you can work on - the reality is that if you do get a mob you want you will have to level it as well.

DQXQ is a lot of fun, and with +297 friends/subs it looks amazing, but to be the most wanted mob right now I don't get it.

The only tricky part is to be able to hit the boss a couple times without getting it under 50%, unless you have a sub that can get you out of the bullshit-guaranteed-you-will-die bind.
That's one of the situations in which D/D Anubis can be better than D/L Anubis. You don't trigger any ATK multipliers unless you hit at least 10 combos, and when you do it's a OHKO. Though, that strategy also makes the rest of the dungeon more risky, especially without Heart orbs. You'd need to hit a 10x combo in each round.

This game can be friendly at times, it's not often but it does happen.

KDRTBao.png
Woah

DQXQ is a lot of fun, and with +297 friends/subs it looks amazing, but to be the most wanted mob right now I don't get it.
Probably because she's new, so most players don't have her already. But she really is awesome. Think about how good Horus was considered before it got ultimate forms. DQXQ shits all over vanilla Horus. Better elements, better awakenings, better active skill, and better leader skill. 16x ATK is extremely easy and consistent to trigger, which I'm sure you're aware of if you're using her.

hermit7

Anyone have a DQXQ? I have one around level 86 evoed and Awoken with around 50+ eggs hut have no friends that run her consistently. Going to run a healer team I think with echidna, king, Valk, and Bastet.

Quantum

Probably because she's new, so most players don't have her already. But she really is awesome. Think about how good Horus was considered before it got ultimate forms. DQXQ shits all over vanilla Horus. Better elements, better awakenings, better active skill, and better leader skill. 16x ATK is extremely easy and consistent to trigger, which I'm sure you're aware of if you're using her.

I really like her, but I see the dark side of her. I feel like I have to throw stones at the +'s because running with my tiny +25 and some of the +297s the difference is insane with respect to both damage and survivability.

I was never fortunate enough to roll a horus but having my dairy queen and seeing how easy she is to proc I can understand why people want one, but after using her(them?) I can see how they really only shine with a ton of iap and some heavy support from the REM.

for the basic game (all of the regular and technical dungeons) she is amazing. for the descends I'm having a ton of difficulty controlling the damage output. I agree that she is new and still being worked out, but to be the players choice winner is confusing in the sense that I just don't see her as more powerful as kirin or more stable then luci, just much easier to proc.

Anyone have a DQXQ? I have one around level 86 evoed and Awoken with around 50+ eggs hut have no friends that run her consistently. Going to run a healer team I think with echidna, king, Valk, and Bastet.

what is your #

I did mine with Ra + Kush I think. Without RCV, it shouldn't be that hard to get the colors to match.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in Ra. My 6* star Ra paired with a L/L Ra (only Ra/Kushi/Anubis on my friends list) Averaged 8.7 combos which was 112,000 by itself. Got trolled pretty hard for four turns on Berry Dragon. Seriously no Dark going in, then flips the whole dark/red/green sky fall to Heart, then Trolled for three more turns. Eventually I needed a light skyfall to drop to match 5 att (plus heart). Got lucky.

Messed up the first two rounds on Flower dragon, (matched 4 att + hearts) but got him on the third try. Every round except for the the troll rounds and my Screw up rounds were 9+ combos (which gets my high ATK team up to ridiculous heights, like 14k a monster not including sub attributes before multiplier) Unit-13, Yomi, and Ronia are beasts at lvl 90+

EDIT: Also got a skill up on my Freyr so even better run!

J0dy77

I have her but need more friends that run her. Add me 391,130,292.

I have room from clearing out the cobwebs if anyone needs a strong horus/whatever friend.

...but to be the players choice winner is confusing in the sense that I just don't see her as more powerful as kirin or more stable then luci, just much easier to proc.
Like I said, it's likely because she's new and most people don't have her yet. I'd guess a lot of the players who vote on these things already have Sakuya and/or Luci. I have both of them, and if I were voting, I'd be voting for DQXQ over them. But if I didn't have them, then Sakuya would be my top pick. Just a quick look at my friends list shows 40 players currently using her. And a lot of the other players on my list probably have one, too, but just aren't using her at the moment. However, I only show a single friend using DQXQ.

added. Not many people use them I see. Still working on my, so it's pretty low level.

hermit7

I have her but need more friends that run her. Add me 391,130,292.

I have room from clearing out the cobwebs if anyone needs a strong horus/whatever friend.

Whatever is pretty much what I run. Recently been running ronia a bunch because all my friends seem to run her. Also have a u&y, lower level Kirin, Bastet and other shit that I haven't levelled yet. If someone has a request just let me know.

Jagernaut

Finally beat Starlight Sanctuary after like 539 days of play using Goemon/FD Shiva. Feels good even though I could have 0-stoned it earlier.

I never tried SS until I got my Ronia. This team destroys that dungeon.

Ronia
Hera Ur
DQ Hera - stall for grav
King Baddie
King Baddie
Ronia

I beat Tiamat without skills, use Ronia + Baddie for CDD, and then grav + Ronia + Hera Ur + Baddie for Zeus (make as many rows as possible, usually 2 dark and 2 red, rarely get the perfect 5 rows).

Top Bottom