• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I never tried SS until I got my Ronia. This team destroys that dungeon.

Ronia
Hera Ur
DQ Hera - stall for grav
King Baddie
King Baddie
Ronia

I beat Tiamat without skills, use Ronia + Baddie for CDD, and then grav + Ronia + Hera Ur + Baddie for Zeus (make as many rows as possible, usually 2 dark and 2 red, rarely get the perfect 5 rows).
That's my exact team and strategy for farming KoG. It really is a cakewalk.

linsivvi

Gonna be a pretty good addition to my Kirin team. Will probably make the most out of its active ability and have Angelion and Valkyrie on the team.

Yeah, made me regret sinking xp into Izanami since Sandalphon is a strictly better sub for Kirin, and I'll never use Izanami as a leader anyway.

Finally beat Starlight Sanctuary after like 539 days of play using Goemon/FD Shiva. Feels good even though I could have 0-stoned it earlier.

Congrats!

Actually tried that combo accidentally over the weekend. Was surprised I was able to do it. It felt a little safer than Goemon x2 actually. I still haven't tried dual F/D Shivas. I feel like I need a better orb changer setup to make it work.

Valk/L Meta healer team YouTube video for Sandalphon. Jpn only mob (4th monster from left) has same skill as Fuu. Gigas is there for hp boost, only L Meta has plus eggs (+297). He uses King Shynee to finish off Raphael and Sandalphon.

I could almost run a team like that. Except for an ammy instead of Fuu... and I would have to use Super bob's (whoever that is) LMeta (max level/awake +297) Could I burst enough? could I match enough? This video has inspired me a bit...

Jagernaut

I tried the skill bind proof team below for Room of Mask - Legend yesterday and failed.

F/L Horus leader
Ultimate Bastet
D/W Lucifer
D/L Yomi
Bane - for Solar Lazer since I don't have Ra
F/L Horus friend

I couldn't break the 600,000 defense on the masks on floor 2 but I chipped away at them and killed them in time.

The big problem was the 100,000 defense on the blue mask boss. I barely hurt him even with 25x attacks. How do you break him? Maybe I should have brought armor break or void defense instead of Solar Lazer.

Ducarmel

I tried the skill bind proof team below for Room of Mask - Legend yesterday and failed.

F/L Horus leader
Ultimate Bastet
D/W Lucifer
D/L Yomi
F/L Horus friend

I couldn't break the 600,000 defense on the masks on floor 2 but I chipped away at them and killed them in time.

The big problem was the 100,000 defense on the blue mask boss. I barely hurt him even with 25x attacks. How do you break him? Maybe I should have brought armor break or void defense instead of Solar Lazer.

Your going to need a decent combo with at least 2 sets of 3 green orb matches to get decent damage on the blue mask. I have been watching some horus runs and a lot have failed because they could not match enough green orbs. The successful runs were the ones that could match 2 or more sets of green orbs with like a 7+ or more combo

Tobe

F/L Horus leader
Ultimate Bastet
D/W Lucifer
D/L Yomi
F/L Horus friend

how is bastet doing less than 50K with 50x attack?

Jagernaut

how is bastet doing less than 50K with 50x attack?

I have only +1 atk on Bastet (1112 atk) and I was doing 25x with only 1 set of green orbs. I ran out of hearts after a few turns and had to Solar Lazer the green mask to get another free turn. I only brought the blue mask down to about 70% by the time I died.

Edit. My max lvl Cu Chulain would have helped better than Bane.

hermit7

Max skilled both my Kash, and u&y today. Only need two more levels in rodin and one more for chiyome and I will be all set for that dungeon.

The fairlio dungeon sucks. It feels so useless for skill ups because wicked lady doesn't drop frequently and shynee itself is better for fairlio skills.

The fairlio dungeon sucks. It feels so useless for skill ups because wicked lady doesn't drop frequently and shynee itself is better for fairlio skills.

Blame the Japanese Twitter voters, the rest of us wanted king slimes or all chasers...

I went 2/2 on FA Luci skill ups today, skill level 10 now. I only have 10-12 sixth angels left, but hopefully I can get him into single digits.

You know even though GungHo has threatened to cancel the Twitter vote due to fraud on multiple occassions it keeps happening and they've never done anything about it. Wonder if those were just empty threats or if they've secretly imposed an algorithm to remove votes from cheaters or what.

Hmm I sometimes really struggle to get DQXQ off. Most of the time it is really easy. Other times I find my colors so poorly spaced on the board that I can't see a move that I can complete in the few seconds I have to move. Even worse if it requires diagonal movement since there's a 60% chance it will fuck up the diagonal.

yami4ct

Max skilled both my Kash, and u&y today. Only need two more levels in rodin and one more for chiyome and I will be all set for that dungeon.

From a long-term standpoint, it's no good. I am thankful to it for finally getting me a Fairlio, though. Desperately needed one to sub into my Healer and Kirin teams on occasion, but never pulled one out of the REM. Honestly, I don't think all dungeons really need to provide a long-term use. It's OK for a dungeon to exist just to give out a single useful monster and never be run again.

Hmm I sometimes really struggle to get DQXQ off. Most of the time it is really easy. Other times I find my colors so poorly spaced on the board that I can't see a move that I can complete in the few seconds I have to move. Even worse if it requires diagonal movement since there's a 60% chance it will fuck up the diagonal.

I imagine DXDQ is very similar to running Kirin, so here's the advice I can give. Don't build your team with the assumption you'll activate all the time. Build a team that can do really good base damage with a basic color combo and use the leader skill to deal with boss mobs. This likely going mostly mono-color where just matching your main color will take out most non-boss mobs in a very short time.

For comparison, here's my Kirin team
Kirin, L. Metatron (L/W), Apollo (L/F), Echdina (F/F), Valk (L/G)/ Kirin. As you can see, most of my mobs do light damage with the subtypes being used to activated the skill when I need to do mega-damage. A similar strategy should work with DXDQ.

I imagine DXDQ is very similar to running Kirin, so here's the advice I can give. Don't build your team with the assumption you'll activate all the time. Build a team that can do really good base damage with a basic color combo and use the leader skill to deal with boss mobs. This likely going mostly mono-color where just matching your main color will take out most non-boss mobs in a very short time.

Oh I intend to. Saving up stones for the next godfest. My best unit is DXDQ. My second best unit at present is a Keeper of Light from a PAL egg drop. The rest of my team are the starter fighters (both evolved to their second form) and the starter goblins. At Tower of Flare and hit a wall, probably because my monsters aren't so good. Don't have enough base atk or hp to stall out on the earlier floors to get skills up when I need them.

10300525_847610405267553_1826151093893172015_n.png
*Players' Choice Godfest*
[Duration]: 5/31 (Sat), 8:00 PM - 6/1 (Sun) 7:59 PM (PDT)
Your voices have been heard, and your favorite gods are descending upon the Rare Egg Machine. These 20 player-approved gods represent the mightiest and most powerful as chosen by the international fans of Puzzle & Dragons, and for 48 hours, they will appear at 3x rates!
(Note: Odin and Sonia will appear at their normal Godfest rates.)
And the winners are...
1. Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
2. Archangel Lucifer
3. Yomi
4. Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
5. Horus
6. Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
7. Shiva
8. Bastet
9. Hades
10. Phantom God, Odin
11. Anubis
12. Neptune
13. Viper Orochi
14. Amaterasu
15. Kushinadahime
16. Lu Bu
17. Pandora
18. Persephone
19. Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
20. Ra

Will be pulling for a chance at Ronia or Lubu.

I'll hopefully have 3-5 rolls for the godfest. Not really much at all, but oh well. I could pretty much use anything on that list. I imagine DQXQ makes a decent sub for herself. Horus would be a blast to use. Lucifer would be an amazing pull.

Sweet, I managed to save up 94 stones so far just for the Player's Choice Godfest. Pretty proud of myself as a non-IAP player. :D

Damn. You've saved for awhile huh? That's an impressive amount. I only have enough for 5 rolls =(.

Non-IAP as well. But I've had pretty decent luck a lot of the times.

chrono01

Will be pulling for a chance at Ronia or Lubu.
1. Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao [Don't Own]
2. Archangel Lucifer [Don't Own]
3. Yomi [Don't Own]
4. Red Dragon Caller, Sonia [Don't Own]
5. Horus [Don't Own]
6. Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya [Own x 3]
7. Shiva [Don't Own]
8. Bastet [Own]
9. Hades [Own]
10. Phantom God, Odin [Don't Own]
11. Anubis [Don't Own]
12. Neptune [Don't Own]
13. Viper Orochi [Own]
14. Amaterasu [Don't Own]
15. Kushinadahime [Own]
16. Lu Bu [Don't Own]
17. Pandora [Don't Own]
18. Persephone [Don't Own]
19. Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia [Don't Own]
20. Ra [Don't Own]

So yeah, 15/20 that I don't own? I'm definitely investing all of my Stone [only 50] into this one.

I'm really hoping for a Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia so I can complete that team [already have two max awoken Blue Odin]. A Red Dragon Caller Sonia, and a few Phantom God, Odin's would be nice as well, although I know I'll never get those. With 15 needed, though, I'm hopeful I'll get a decent amount of new Gods.

ZeroAKA

Damn. You've saved for awhile huh? That's an impressive amount. I only have enough for 5 rolls =(.

Non-IAP as well. But I've had pretty decent luck a lot of the times.
I've learned to not rely too much on the REM because of my terrible luck. Just getting by with my Luci, Horus, and Valkyrie.

iZKjx6P.jpg

Awoken Wadatsumi
God/Balanced
Cost: 40
HP:3250 ATK:1249 RCV:466

Active Skill: Slightly delay enemies and enhance water orbs
23->14 turns

Leader Skill: Balance type x2.5 ATK, x1.5 RCV

@pad_sexy also been tweeting a whole lot of gokus if you're interested.

razterik

Should've known I would have bad JP rolls when I started with a gold egg Siren. Followed with CDK and a dupe Thor. Last roll was some PADZ guy, the F/D dragon/devil. Doesn't look terribly useful.

Zero_IYAD

Been waiting for Friday dungeon to farm Rubylits..
Fed 17 Shrimps to my Horus, got him up to Skill Lvl 7!
Now I regret not farming more =_= !!
Hope we get that collab again some time in the future.

am_dragon

I'm not sure about the Players Choice GF. I don't seem to have any of the new top tier leads, but I do have 7 of the players choice cards.

3. Yomi
8. Bastet
9. Hades X 3
12. Neptune
13. Viper Orochi X 2
14. Amaterasu
18. Persephone
20. Ra

It seems like my chances of getting a dup are just as high as getting Pierdras and Titans, or am I looking at this wrong?

Uthred

I'm not sure about the Players Choice GF. I don't seem to have any of the new top tier leads, but I do have 7 of the players choice cards.

3. Yomi
8. Bastet
9. Hades X 3
12. Neptune
13. Viper Orochi X 2
14. Amaterasu
18. Persephone
20. Ra

It seems like my chances of getting a dup are just as high as getting Pierdras and Titans, or am I looking at this wrong?

With most gods having solid dual evos getting a dupe is light years better than getting 3* shite. Still annoying though,

linsivvi

Finally cleared Paradise of the Holy Beasts, and with that, cleared every dungeon in the game including the endless corridors, with 3 challenge levels left.

Just a week or so away from playing this game for a year with $0 spent. Feel like I've accomplished something here.

Quantum

I have no self control and will probably pull, although I might just throw stones at Sandalphon so it will drop into my box.

I am amazed how fast people on my list are leveling their dqxq's I'm only at 78 but Ive seen people come from behind and overnight make them +297's o.0

I'd really like a Yomi (Venus didn't make the cut)

but change the world seems to be the perfect thing to set up row enhance for spike damage on the bosses.

Sweet, I managed to save up 94 stones so far just for the Player's Choice Godfest. Pretty proud of myself as a non-IAP player. :D

wow, I really am in awe of this. I think prior to me being IAP the most I saved was 21 (and it was with a +10 bonus)

a lot of it is just practice. I can proc about 95% of the time, with he extra 1 second that dual dqxq gives you you can pull off some neat combos. Yami4ct had great advise and it does help to build a monocolor team around the dqxq, although right now most are running healer yellow, I've seen blue gods being discussed as well.

this is the go to thread for me: http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=46199

hermit7

I have no self control and will probably pull, although I might just throw stones at Sandalphon so it will drop into my box.

I am amazed how fast people on my list are leveling their dqxq's I'm only at 78 but Ive seen people come from behind and overnight make them +297's o.0

I'd really like a Yomi (Venus didn't make the cut)

but change the world seems to be the perfect thing to set up row enhance for spike damage on the bosses.

this is the go to thread for me: http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=46199

I think a lot of the time ppeople just feed away older monsters that they have already plussed that they don't see a use for anymore.

J0dy77

Rolled 4 times in JP, havent played the account in a long time. Got a second Kirin, very painful being how badly I want her on US.

I've already weighed in on players choice, and I really want to pull, but I've got practically no stones.

I'm not sure how much better my box could get (except for dqxq, Kirin, Rodin, and another Ronia).

I need to set up a padherder, get some good feedback.

saichi

I've learned to not rely too much on the REM because of my terrible luck. Just getting by with my Luci, Horus, and Valkyrie.

You already have 3 great leads - Luci for the boring but safe team, Horus for the spike team and Valk for the healer team. I wouldn't call it getting by as you seemed to have great luck. I only wish I can get by like you. ;-)

ZeroAKA

You already have 3 great leads - Luci for the boring but safe team, Horus for the spike team and Valk for the healer team. I wouldn't call it getting by as you seemed to have great luck. I only wish I can get by like you. ;-)
Those two and Ra are the only REM gods of value that I have. The farmable subs that I use for my Horus/Ra teams leave much to be desired.

Jagernaut

Those two and Ra are the only REM gods of value that I have. The farmable subs that I use for my Horus/Ra teams leave much to be desired.

Most people use farmable subs for Horus like Echidna, Valkyrie, Cu Chulain and Hera Is. The only REM sub I would like for Horus would be Izanagi for that 1 turn burst. That new PADBear would be a nice alternative.

So sandalphon does not allow for duplicates?

Ok how about valk/ ultimate Ammy/ echidna/ king shynee/ and a big hp monster (r/l gigas probably, he has lot of hp) paired with an L meta?

Or maybe Ra 6* paired with L/L ra/ and filled with unique subs (and only 1 dark as subtype)

Top Bottom