• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

Too many healer dudes lately.

Got my 300 day stones just in time to roll twice more on JP. Suzaku, my third one. Can slot two in her own team, I guess. And then Genbu. Nice.

Took down sandalphon. Ra/Horus team, Hera-is for hp and dark sub att., echidna, rose valk, r/l gigas.

Horus blocked sandalphon's skill block. Made the last monster easy. RaphAel took all 5 turns to beat. Got Gabriel as round three monster.

So is sandalphon supposed to be an alternate healer lead to valk, L.meta and that monster referenced a few posts back? Or is she an alternate king slime burst with way better stats?

Took down sandalphon. Ra/Horus team, Hera-is for hp and dark sub att., echidna, rose valk, r/l gigas.

Horus blocked sandalphon's skill block. Made the last monster easy. RaphAel took all 5 turns to beat. Got Gabriel as round three monster.

So is sandalphon supposed to be an alternate healer lead to valk, L.meta and that monster referenced a few posts back? Or is she an alternate king slime burst with way better stats?

I have mostly seen sandal phone being used to replace shynee.

Ducarmel

So far I only seen Sandalphon as a king shynee alternative. I guess he can be played like the Sonia's but would need healer monster with light row enhancement and there is not many Venus, Unicorn, DQ & QD, and Valkitty.

Edit:beaten.

Thanks everyone king shynee replacement she will be.

Got another skill up on Persephone. Already had a maxed angelion, so other than evolved wicked ladies there is not much in that dungeon.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I have 2 pulls I can do when the godfest hits. I decided that if I don't get anything good I am restarting and will keep rerolling until I get the best thing ever.

If it comes to that, what is the absolute best thing I should go for? (I know it's subjective and also based on skill but give me an idea) I want something that will last me until past endgame. (And I prefer dark and water monsters/teams)

I have 2 pulls I can do when the godfest hits. I decided that if I don't get anything good I am restarting and will keep rerolling until I get the best thing ever.

If it comes to that, what is the absolute best thing I should go for? (I know it's subjective and also based on skill but give me an idea) I want something that will last me until past endgame. (And I prefer dark and water monsters/teams)

Red Dragon Caller Sonia or Kirin will get you far. Kirin is basically the best thing in the game if you are a non IAP player. Archangel Lucifer will also get you through most of the game. Only certain endgame dungeons screw him up.

This google doc also shows some good monsters and their general pros and weaknesses in the rerolling section

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit#

On a side note, I know she isn't the best (maybe she will get better if she ever gets an ult evo), but I really REALLY want a Kushinadahime. I'm perfectly happy with DQXQ, but there's just something I love about seeing the multiplier grow higher and higher with each combo whenever I use a friend with Kushi in tricolor dungeons.

Spoit

Most of the burst gods in the godfest will last you through endgame, though I'm skeptical of DQXQ.

Really the only bad ones (for leaders) in this godfest are neptune, yomi, hades, amaterasu and maaaaybe shiva/Persephone, though I do like using 1.5/1.5/1.5 friends for my monotype teams. And anubis will be really hard to start with, but is the definition of an end game god if you can get the hang of him

Most of the burst gods in the godfest will last you through endgame, though I'm skeptical of DQXQ.

Really the only bad ones (for leaders) in this godfest are neptune, yomi, hades, amaterasu and maaaaybe shiva/Persephone, though I do like using 1.5/1.5/1.5 friends for my monotype teams. And anubis will be really hard to start with, but is the definition of an end game god if you can get the hang of him

Yomi is fine as a sub isn't she? And I'd stay far far away from Anubis personally.

And DQXQ is very hyped. Possibly overhyped. I can see being skeptical. Though there are videos of her clearing some pretty tough descends. Albeit with a lot of +egg investment.

Thanks! Gonna try my hardest to get that kirin!

Yeah it will be worth it. Her best subs are pretty much all farmable. Her awaken skills are great. Her leader skills are great. And you can even make a physical based team for x75 burst damage.

I've also heard amazing things about Red Dragon Caller, Sonia. Apparently she can clear a ton of content with farmable subs. Though I'm not too sure on that.

Spoit

Yomi is fine as a sub isn't she? And I'd stay far far away from Anubis personally.

And DQXQ is very hyped. Possibly overhyped. I can see being skeptical. Though there are videos of her clearing some pretty tough descends. Albeit with a lot of +egg investment.

Yeah, yomi is probably the most useful on the list as a sub. 1 second of extra move time is pretty darn useful.

As for DQXQ, it's nice that her 16x is easy to pull of and all, and that she actually has a useful active, but I'm not sure that that's really enough of a multiplier to stay viable late game, without a ton of REM subs.

Yeah, yomi is probably the most useful on the list as a sub. 1 second of extra move time is pretty darn useful.

As for DQXQ, it's nice that her 16x is easy to pull of and all, and that she actually has a useful active, but I'm not sure that that's really enough of a multiplier to stay viable late game, without a ton of REM subs.

Yeah you might be right about the late game. Though I guess the benefit is you can clear a lot of content with farmables, including some early descends. And then roll for better leaders or subs later on. Meanwhile she is a bit easier to use than Kirin or others, and can even be used for tricolor dungeons. You could do far worse as far as starter rolls go.

And who knows, maybe in a few years she will get an ultimate evolution that makes her more viable for the late game.

Quantum

I have not been able to get through sand. 5x failed. I can get to the last stage but just can't do the dmg output.

sucks.

hmm 2 rolls in 10 minutes, then debate on buying stones, although I'm leaning against it - might just be better to work on my teams - and I don't see me being able to +297 without a ton of IAP.

I would be curious if someone in the know could guesstimate how much it cost to get 1 team member up to +297, I think it would limit my recent aggressive iap significantly.

MikeDip

What makes Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao worse than Kirin? They look very similar to me (I do like the mini gravity kirin has I guess)

What makes Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao worse than Kirin? They look very similar to me (I do like the mini gravity kirin has I guess)

X4 vs x5 multiplier makes a big difference. Then factor in difference in stats, awaken skills, and subs.

DqXq isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination though. I have made it pretty far on normal dungeons with just her and trash subs. Things like knights and goblins. Once I get better subs I will be sitting pretty.

Ducarmel

Dungeons are getting harder and 16x damage may not be enough these days. But like non busty Horus with good subs probably can do most dungeons.

I would be curious if someone in the know could guesstimate how much it cost to get 1 team member up to +297, I think it would limit my recent aggressive iap significantly.
i cant say how much it would cost but here is a guy with 2500 + eggs and not a singe dime spent

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17840

MikeDip

X4 vs x5 multiplier makes a big difference. Then factor in difference in stats, awaken skills, and subs.

DqXq isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination though. I have made it pretty far on normal dungeons with just her and trash subs. Things like knights and goblins. Once I get better subs I will be sitting pretty.

Oh wow, for some reason I thought I saw a x4 on both of them. I see the difference now

yami4ct

2x pulls I had saved up.......

Flame Golem and Gabriel. Oh boy. At least they were both +eggs. Glad I don't really need any of these gods. Sure, the Godfest Exclusives would be nice, but unnecessary for me right now.

Player's Choice Godfest Rolls:

1st roll: KIRIN!!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT OMG FUCKING CHRIST. I WAS GOING TO DO THIS IN ONE POST BUT I AM SO EXCITED I WILL POST THE REST LATER AFTER I.... get rid of this excitement somehow.

yami4ct

Player's Choice Godfest Rolls:

1st roll: KIRIN!!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT OMG FUCKING CHRIST. I WAS GOING TO DO THIS IN ONE POST BUT I AM SO EXCITED I WILL POST THE REST LATER AFTER I.... get rid of this excitement somehow.

Yay! Add me if you hadn't already. 371242226. I've gotten a compete Kirin team, just working on getting more levels on them. Could always use more Kirin friends.

Yay! Add me if you hadn't already. 371242226. I've gotten a compete Kirin team, just working on getting more levels on them. Could always use more Kirin friends.

Will probably be using DQXQ for a bit until I can level Kirin. Holy shit.

So now I should 100% focus on Kirin right? And then later use DQXQ?

FZZ

Banned
Rolled twice on my alt and got Freyja and Mandrake both at level 30.

Meh.

Hoping to get better rolls with the 35 stones I have saved up on my main. Will update when I'm done rolling.

Edit: 7 fucking rolls and the only God I got was Hades. Holy fuck I'm done.

Fucking Mandrake again, melon dragon, toyceratops, flare drall, cupid, and naga.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

yami4ct

Will probably be using DQXQ for a bit until I can level Kirin. Holy shit.

So now I should 100% focus on Kirin right? And then later use DQXQ?

The best thing about your combo is you can build a DXDQ team that can basically transition into a Kirin team, as their abilities are really similar. Aim to get a bunch of Light monsters with the subtypes you need. Currently, I'm running Kirin/U.L Metatron/ Echidna/U. Apollo/U. Valk. There are many variations of this theme, though. For instance, Sandalphon could easily replace L.Meta and Ultimate Fairlion is a good replacement for Valk in some situations.

MikeDip

My pulls were Dragonette and Bastet :(

I am going to restart and go for that Kirin

The best thing about your combo is you can build a DXDQ team that can basically transition into a Kirin team, as their abilities are really similar. Aim to get a bunch of Light monsters with the subtypes you need. Currently, I'm running Kirin/U.L Metatron/ Echidna/U. Apollo/U. Valk. There are many variations of this theme, though. For instance, Sandalphon could easily replace L.Meta and Ultimate Fairlion is a good replacement for Valk in some situations.

Well the subs can transition over. Like Echidna for sure. I could probably use DqXq as a sub for Kirin right now. just to cover water. Even though the active skill conflicts.

I just meant I should probably use my Light Present egg and gold king dragons on Kirin rather than DqXq right? Like Kirin takes a lot more priority?

2nd roll was Dragon Knight
3rd roll was Agdrall

yami4ct

My pulls were Dragonette and Bastet :(

I am going to restart and go for that Kirin

But...but..but Bastet really is almost as good as Kirin. You could just keep her.

I pulled R. Sonia and Kirin! I'm done with these godfests!

Damn, one of the best pair of Godfest rolls I've seen. Good job!

Well the subs can transition over. Like Echidna for sure. I could probably use DqXq as a sub for Kirin right now. just to cover water. Even though the active skill conflicts.

I just meant I should probably use my Light Present egg and gold king dragons on Kirin rather than DqXq right? Like Kirin takes a lot more priority?

2nd roll was Dragon Knight
3rd roll was Agdrall

Since Light XP is so rare, yes I'd say dedicate all your stuff to Kirin. At least until you get to around level 70 and the amount of levels you get per xp starts getting real dry. Then you can focus on your other light monsters. If it was any other two same type leaders, I would have said keep leveling your current until you've practiced with/are comfortable enough with the new leader to transition over.

I feel like rewarding Gungho for giving me Kirin on my first REM pull on this account. DqXq and Kirin. I have like... the two most wanted creatures in the game.

Gonna buy 5 stones and yolo roll again.

edit: Bought 5 stones. Got Siren.... yeah. Well that's it for supporting Gungho financially :)

MikeDip

But...but..but Bastet really is almost as good as Kirin. You could just keep her.

I backed up, but I really do have the itch to restart. I have wasted so many of the free stones on godfests and have a terrible box to show for it. I just want something like a Kirin.

Althane

I rolled and kept when I shouldn't have, but....

1. Valkyrie (silver egg edition), pretty happy with that
2. Light Machine Golem... damn it
3. Titan ... fuckin'...
4. Shiva. Oh. Okay, I can deal.
5. Mystic Flame Knight... fuck. Okay, I'm done.

I think.

I might roll my last 2 rolls tomorrow.

Valk is a good pickup with Fairlion this week, so I'm pretty happy about that (Valk + Archangel + Fairlion is a good start, but I'm going to need to probably get some more subs).

Shiva will be useful for my monored teams, I'll have to figure out some more builds (also a good replacement for droidragon)

seady

1. MeiMei
2. Sea Serpent
3. DQ & XQ (2nd one on this account already. Keep pulling this in all of my accounts except my main Japanese account !)

p.s. i don't do IAP.

Zombine

Banned

Damn, one of the best pair of Godfest rolls I've seen. Good job!

I'm not going to lie. I acted like the N64 kid. I had 13 stones saved up, and I think I pumped
In $15. Rolls went something like this:

1. Kirin
2. Berry Dragon
3. Naga +
4. Sylph
5. Cupid
6. R.Sonia+

I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the fest. The last one I got absolute shit.

Since Light XP is so rare, yes I'd say dedicate all your stuff to Kirin. At least until you get to around level 70 and the amount of levels you get per xp starts getting real dry. Then you can focus on your other light monsters. If it was any other two same type leaders, I would have said keep leveling your current until you've practiced with/are comfortable enough with the new leader to transition over.

Hrmmm... honestly I think I'm not skilled enough to use Kirin yet. I may just sit on DQXQ until I feel comfortable enough getting -her- skills off.

yami4ct

I'm not going to lie. I acted like the N64 kid. I had 13 stones saved up, and I think I pumped
In $15. Rolls went something like this:

1. Kirin
2. Berry Dragon
3. Naga +
4. Sylph
5. Cupid
6. R.Sonia+

I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the fest. The last one I got absolute shit.

I remember when I pulled my Kirin. Was the tail end of the chinese godfest before last. It's absolutely astonishing when you pull her. The best I had pulled before that was a Seriyuu and L.Tron, which I was pretty happy with but damn if Kirin wasn't the best feeling in the world. Can only imagine following that up with a R.Sonia. I would have probably passed out from too much excitement, haha.

Hrmmm... honestly I think I'm not skilled enough to use Kirin yet. I may just sit on DQXQ until I feel comfortable enough getting -her- skills off.

The key with Kirin is A)Getting the right group of subs and B) learning you don't have to activate her L.Skill every turn. Make sure you have subs that can do a good amount of damage to basic mobs, and you can deal with those with just normal combo-ing. From there, you only have to set-up the board to use her L.Skill on boss mobs and just destroy them. Just use her a few times on Endless Corridors and you'll get the hang of it real quick.

Quantum

I agree completely with yami4ct, Light Exp is hard to get.

Also (having bout the dariy queens and kirin) they may have similar activations but they play completely differently.

DQXQ is very easy to activate and kirin needs (for me) a lot of planning. I dont think playing dqxq prepares you that much for kirin.

ZeroAKA

Edit: 7 fucking rolls and the only God I got was Hades. Holy fuck I'm done.

Fucking Mandrake again, melon dragon, toyceratops, flare drall, cupid, and naga.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
Same here, 6 rolls and only Hades. I'll probably do a few more tomorrow.

6 pulls: before this fest I made a promise I'm out of the stone buying business after this fest

Archangel Michael (non-dupe gold so alright I guess)
5* sylph (dupe)
6* sylph (fuck)
Dino rider (dupe and lame)
Mermaid

Do I even want to pull that last one?

am_dragon

Main account
Hades my 4th the other 4 were from the last 2 godfests
Slyph - my 2nd
Hades - that's 5
Dragon Knight - whatever
Yomi - 2nd
Yomi - 3rd
Lightning Holy Dragon - seriously WTF I'm done.

Oh one roll on my barely used non-iap account...
Lu Bu

yami4ct

Also (having bout the dariy queens and kirin) they may have similar activations but they play completely differently.

DQXQ is very easy to activate and kirin needs (for me) a lot of planning. I dont think playing dqxq prepares you that much for kirin.

It really depends on how you build the team. If you build your DXDQ team exactly as you would a Kirin team, they're only a bit easier to activate because you can use heart orbs. If you build it with way more colors in there, though, they become much simpler to pull off.

The key with Kirin is A)Getting the right group of subs and B) learning you don't have to activate her L.Skill every turn. Make sure you have subs that can do a good amount of damage to basic mobs, and you can deal with those with just normal combo-ing. From there, you only have to set-up the board to use her L.Skill on boss mobs and just destroy them. Just use her a few times on Endless Corridors and you'll get the hang of it real quick.

Yeah I just lack any subs right now for Kirin. I can probably farm for Echidna. But then I'll basically have the components for a healer team which would mean DqXq would be the better choice at the moment. And with DqXq I can probably farm the subs I need for Kirin.

It really depends on how you build the team. If you build your DXDQ team exactly as you would a Kirin team, they're only a bit easier to activate because you can use heart orbs. If you build it with way more colors in there, though, they become much simpler to pull off.

My Dq team at present is: DQ, Black Knight, Green Knight, Keeper of Light, Red Goblin.

I plan on adding King Shynee, Siren, and Echidna to the mix. Since that would be the best options I have currently.

Jagernaut

3 rolls

1. Valkyrie - I have 2 max skilled ultimate evolved Valkyries already
2. Valkyrie
3. Neptune - already have Abyss Neptune

Terrible pulls for me.

Quantum

true. I have mine set up for all colors right now - I haven't figured if I'm going the god route or healer, although I have a better healer set up at the moment. set up with all colors makes proc mindless.

yami4ct

Yeah I just lack any subs right now for Kirin. I can probably farm for Echidna. But then I'll basically have the components for a healer team which would mean DqXq would be the better choice at the moment. And with DqXq I can probably farm the subs I need for Kirin.

In that case my suggestion would be to save your light XP for Kirin and focus on leveling/farming for the subs you need. How far are you in the game? If you aren't right in the end game, you can get by with a really simple Kirin team just fine. I've seen people blow through most of the mid game with a Kirin-team made up mostly of Ultimate Ogres. She's very flexible once you learn how to use her.

Also, please don't farm normal dungeons for Echidna. As someone who's tried that, I'll tell you it's just not worth it. Just wait for SSP or another special dungeon with echidna to come around. If you're early-mid game you can go without her until one of those dungeons pops up.

Top Bottom