• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

How is Lucifer these days? I really wanted him a while back but it seems like the game has passed him by a bit.

He is still the instant win for the older descend dungeons and biweekly, but you have Horus.

These days we are paying the price for gunho mistake making an over powered god, instead of nerfing him they just decided every new descend and biweekly dungeon will be designed to make sure Luci wont win which effects everybody.

Zombine

Banned
I'm sure that this has been the topic of conversation a few times, but do we know if Godfest pull rates for an individual player is tied to their ID? I just find it weird that I am on an "every other fest" schedule for pulling gods during these things. I just pulled again and got Yomi, making my total something like 5 gold eggs this event? But if I try the next event I may get only one gold egg out of ten pulls. I just find it too definitive on my end for it to be "random."

Not the gods I really wanted (I still have never seen an Odin or REM only mob) but I'll take it. How is Lucifer these days? I really wanted him a while back but it seems like the game has passed him by a bit.

Lucifer has a very slow and plodding gameplay. As a lead, he practically guarantees a win, but it might take a very long time to beat the boss. It's very easy to end up with 40-50k hp and a similarly ridiculous amount of rcv, but you are focused all on gravity to take down bosses. None of the recent descends have been Luci friendly, but pretty much everyone before Zues Dios is. Most trophy dragons are Luci friendly, except for pirate dragons...

As a sub? Not having a subtype hurts him, a blatant slight from gung-ho at their number 1 power creep monster. One of his awakenings stops skill block, so one a team designed around avoiding skill block he is useful. Luci/heals/Luci is still incredibly affective, just it's a long time to stall...

FZZ

Banned
I hope that every other thing for godfests is true because I got royally fucked this godfest. And three godfests ago I got like 4 gold eggs in a row.

Zombine

Banned
I hope that every other thing for godfests is true because I got royally fucked this godfest. And three godfests ago I got like 4 gold eggs in a row.

It's just something that has happened to me so many times I feel like rates are tied to a section of numbers that corresponds to your ID. My buddy gets his good pulls the week I don't get mine, and vice versa.

Quantum

I'm sure that this has been the topic of conversation a few times, but do we know if Godfest pull rates for an individual player is tied to their ID? I just find it weird that I am on an "every other fest" schedule for pulling gods during these things. I just pulled again and got Yomi, making my total something like 5 gold eggs this event? But if I try the next event I may get only one gold egg out of ten pulls. I just find it too definitive on my end for it to be "random."

I think if you think about it too hard you wont like the answer.

There have been plenty of posts looking at this and while I tend to believe in the goodness of mega corporations like Gungho and believe they have the players best interest in mind,

- there is no outside confirmation that anything they do is random.
- the skill up, +egg drop and rem rates are unknown but can be changed at anytime
- they manage every account server side and can data mine the shit out of the whales to figure out what works.

do they actively change the drop rate for everyone? absolutely.

would they micromanage to maximize revenue by altering the rates on the players that are making their company money?

would you?

(I just had a terrible set of 17 pulls and am having buyers guilt, but I understand that RNG can be RNG. Its just we all put faith in this company that they are doing the "right" thing and of course there is no way to prove it either way without full disclosure of every account and peoples rolls. No where does it say you are pulling against a standardized set of odds and "increased" for me might not mean "increased" for you.

NineH

It's just something that has happened to me so many times I feel like rates are tied to a section of numbers that corresponds to your ID. My buddy gets his good pulls the week I don't get mine, and vice versa.
That is an interesting theory and now that you mention it, there are godfests where I am lucky to see one gold egg at all and others where they just rain down. One legend which I think is true though is the chain pull because when I do get a gold egg, more often than not, I get multiples in a row.

Althane

Hrm.

Should I go ahead and roll my last two rolls? Or just spend them on box extensions? (50 new slots is... useful, I'm at 430 right now)

x3r0123

i don't play this game very frequently and i only do basic stuffs (like mass attack every turn) but... i guess i need to learn how to properly play now

dcQUWwY.jpg

non-iap btw

Every time I'm about to quit this game I pull something awesome,

Last time was Ronia in January, time before that was AA Luci in September, now I got a Kirin and U&Y.

Except this time I've got the upper hand... I think I can beat everything for a while now so no more rem.

Zombine

Banned
Let's say that Gungho is doing the right thing
lol
and they do indeed use a sort of lottery system to decide who pulls what during certain godfests...is the best comparison the "lottery" in the Pokemon series? Where there is some random code generated that applies to your personal ID?

I am not a math wiz at ALL so bare with this example.

Say that there is some sort of formula, where N is a portion of your ID, and on their end the number X is generated. Your personal luck for the day could be tied to falling within a certain range of X. So if your ID has the numbers 1234 in it, and the number generated for X is 1345, if you fall within 500-1000 numbers generated for X, it determines the max number of rare pulls you are allocated for that timeframe. Be it 0 or whatever their max is set at. The number X could be set to change periodically through out the day, which leads to users believing that they have better luck during certain times of the day because the number does indeed change hourly.

Additional note: I am not on drugs.

Althane

Ugh. Shouldn't have rolled. Echidna and Thanatos.

At least Thanatos is cool looking. =\

So, overall for the 35-stone godfest for me (damn I saved up a lot):

1. Valk (yay)
2. Shiva

... I wanted Anubis. :(

Zombine

Banned
Ugh. Shouldn't have rolled. Echidna and Thanatos.

At least Thanatos is cool looking. =

So, overall for the 35-stone godfest for me (damn I saved up a lot):

1. Valk (yay)
2. Shiva

... I wanted Anubis. :(

The best thing to do is if you plan on spending those stones and you get crap after crap. Take a break and return later.

Quantum

Let's say that Gungho is doing the right thing
lol
and they do indeed use a sort of lottery system to decide who pulls what during certain godfests...is the best comparison the "lottery" in the Pokemon series? Where there is some random code generated that applies to your personal ID?

I am not a math wiz at ALL so bare with this example.

Say that there is some sort of formula, where N is a portion of your ID, and on their end the number X is generated. Your personal luck for the day could be tied to falling within a certain range of X. So if your ID has the numbers 1234 in it, and the number generated for X is 1345, if you fall within 500-1000 numbers generated for X, it determines the max number of rare pulls you are allocated for that timeframe. Be it 0 or whatever their max is set at. The number X could be set to change periodically through out the day, which leads to users believing that they have better luck during certain times of the day because the number does indeed change hourly.

Additional note: I am not on drugs.

what is the old saying - lawyers, lairs and statisticians?

when playing with math anything is possible. without knowing the frame of reference or matrix your supposition could be correct but it also falls within a high confidence interval of a RNG -

don't do drugs, use occam's razor and carry on.

(there exists a sentence I wouldn't guess I would have typed - verbal RNG ^^)

Pulled once and got a Kirin, which would have been a great pull if I didn't already have an Ultimate Kirin. And I can't think of any use for having more than one Kirin on a team. I'll hold on to it though, as you just never know with this game.

I hear a second non-ult evolved Kirin is useful for Sandalphon's dungeon.

Also as for the "every other godfest" hypothesis, I rolled a Kirin this godfest. The rest of my rolls were complete garbage. Does this mean I will get mostly good rolls next time under that hypothesis?

Yeppers

Yea that's what I kept doing! It was either that, or luck of the Irish haha ;)!

Long time Pad thread lurker here. Just wanted to say I have been trying to pull a red sonia for the last 3-4 godfests. I was rather frustrated with the dupes I pulled earlier today so after reading your post I switched to my 1 star werewolf. Lets just say I'll be using him for my pulls from now on.

Godfest Pulls:

Idunna+Idunna
Neptune
Liu Bei
Grape Dragon
Lubu
Golem
Sylph
*Switched to Werewolf as lead*
Red Sonia
Shiva
Horus
golem

Clearly irrefutable evidence of your method working!

BondFancy

Long time Pad thread lurker here. Just wanted to say I have been trying to pull a red sonia for the last 3-4 godfests. I was rather frustrated with the dupes I pulled earlier today so after reading your post I switched to my 1 star werewolf. Lets just say I'll be using him for my pulls from now on.

Godfest Pulls:

Idunna+Idunna
Neptune
Liu Bei
Grape Dragon
Lubu
Golem
Sylph
*Switched to Werewolf as lead*
Red Sonia
Shiva
Horus
golem

Clearly irrefutable evidence of your method working!

Oh my goodness man congratulations!!! Same boat I've been trying to pull red Sonia forever now, then I read a whole thread on a PAD FB group and gave it a try for the first time this GodFest!! Add me run mainly L-Meta until my Sonia team is up and running BondFancy @ 348,893,231!

Uthred

YOLO pull when I got up, lvl 30 Toyceratops (which wasnt entirely terrible as its the only toy dragon I didnt have). Grabbed some stones for another pull, switched to a glorious Werewolf leader. Got Persephone, the hype is real ;)

Edit: Because I am weak, three more pulls, Dragon Knight (dupe, already have a fully maxed ADK), Lu Bu (sweet, really wanted him, mainly as he looks cool), Light Golem Mk 2 (dupe). So five rolls, 2 gold, 3 silver, 2 dupes. Nothing amazing, but also nothing terrible.

BondFancy

YOLO pull when I got up, lvl 30 Toyceratops (which wasnt entirely terrible as its the only toy dragon I didnt have). Grabbed some stones for another pull, switched to a glorious Werewolf leader. Got Persephone, the hype is real ;)

rliNcfk.jpg

No clue if this is fully legitimate, but it does seem to have an effect on the RNG as well as the time of pulling the REM...

Though it could just be confirmation bias. Like how everyone has different catching rituals in Pokemon that they swear work. Granted, one of them actually was proven to work in the original R/B/Y.

BondFancy

Though it could just be confirmation bias. Like how everyone has different catching rituals in Pokemon that they swear work. Granted, one of them actually was proven to work in the original R/B/Y.

That is also very very likely, oh the good old days hold A and B then wiggle back and forth on the d-pad at the same time as the pokeball LOL

That is also very very likely, oh the good old days hold A and B then wiggle back and forth on the d-pad at the same time as the pokeball LOL

I had a 3 part system. First was wiggling the d-pad and pressing A and B in rapid succession (ABABABABAB).

If that failed I would cover the screen and then press A and B in rapid succession.

If that failed I would cover the screen, turn off the sound, and then press A and B in rapid succession.

BondFancy

I had a 3 part system. First was wiggling the d-pad and pressing A and B in rapid succession (ABABABABAB).

If that failed I would cover the screen and then press A and B in rapid succession.

If that failed I would cover the screen, turn off the sound, and then press A and B in rapid succession.

I swear half the fun in most of these games like Pokemon and PAD is the ridiculous rituals we all come up with haha!

Zombine

Banned
Just pulled my second R Sonia+ today and Dino Rider lol. Is there any use for two Sonia on a team?

Edit: I still hold the a button when I throw a pokeball to this day.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just pulled my second R Sonia+ today and Dino Rider lol. Is there any use for two Sonia on a team?

Edit: I still hold the a button when I throw a pokeball to this day.

My Zeus farm team was Ronia/Ronia + Ronia/Busty Hera/Archdemon Luci/King Baddie. Starlight and Zeus Descended were a joke with that team. If you don't have Archdemon Luci, any row awakening devil sub would probably work.

To answer your question, Ronia/Ronia + Ronia or Ronia/??? + Ronia = win.

saichi

Saved 25 stones for this godfest

1st pull - gold egg! Yay!

Flare Drall (ok... at least I don't have him)

2nd pull - gold egg again! Can't believe my luck!

Forest Pixie Alarune (ok.. I don't have her either, just Dryad)

3rd pull - Silver egg.

Dragon Knigjt (fine I'll have one for wood)

4th pull - another gold egg! But very low expectation.

Da Qiao Xiao Qiao (OMGOMGOMG dream mob for my healer team)

Still 5 stones left and I'm happy already!

Hige

I've been trying out the "window" theory for the REM. Who the hell knows if it works, but it can't hurt, right? The idea behind it is that there's a window where you're more likely to get gold eggs, so you roll the PEM every so often until you get a gold egg, then pull the REM immediately afterward. There's a guy on the PAD forum that says you should wait a certain amount of minutes between PEM pulls depending on the egg rarity, but I usually wait about 10 or 15 minutes between pulls.

A little while ago, I got a gold egg from the PEM (Blue Dragon Fruit) and then got Bastet from the REM immediately after. So this is totally proof it works, right? :p

Tobe

yolo rolled yesterday, leviathan. buuuu. i could iap one pack of 85 i guess. still i only want shiva. probably pandora, since i have everything needed.

i really dont need any leaders now since i have D.tron, L.Tron, Ronia, Cao Cao, Ronia, Kirin(still collecting dust havent leveled her up since i got her wich was what 4 months ago??)Bastet, D/W Bats.

i need specialty subs. bah to roll or not to roll.

am_dragon

I let my son's pull this morning. I should have let them pull last night.

Kirin
Pandora

Finally something good, and not a duplicate. I've wanted Horus since he was introduced, and it looks like Kirin will fit that bill for me nicely.

Only pulled one non-gold egg during the godfest, but ended with 7 duplicates out of 11 rolls.

So if I were to put a Ra team together, what subs should run?

Yomi for the time boost is the essential one I guess, in addition to that, Mastering and Tengu maybe?

Got a max skilled Hera-Is but I'm thinking that there are other more useful skills than Gravity to have on the team when there's a possibility to hit 49x damage.

Narras

Pulled 5 times.

Yomi
Pandora
Mystic Ice Knight
Flare Drall
Kushinadahime

I've never had any of these monsters (besides the Ice Knight) so that's nice. I know Kushinadahime is a pretty nice combo lead, but how are Yomi and Pandora for a non-IAP player?

Tobe

Pulled 5 times.

Yomi
Pandora
Mystic Ice Knight
Flare Drall
Kushinadahime

I've never had any of these monsters (besides the Ice Knight) so that's nice. I know Kushinadahime is a pretty nice combo lead, but how are Yomi and Pandora for a non-IAP player?

Yomi is an excellent sub in many teams. its pretty flexible also, tho most people go for D/L Yomi(requires and angelit) D/D has some uses.

Pandora is great but REM heavy unless you got super lucky with your other pulls across your playtime, she wont be that great.

J0dy77

Pulled 5 times.

Yomi
Pandora
Mystic Ice Knight
Flare Drall
Kushinadahime

Yomi was #2 or #3 on the most wanted list and for good reason. She's one of the strongest subs in the game for burst teams due to her huge stats and full second orb delay awakening. Plus change the world is just as good as gravity in the right situations and with enough practice.

Top Bottom