• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Got a stone from clearing the Fertile Lands. Got the evolved form of Dragon Knight... lol what a shit gold egg.

In that case my suggestion would be to save your light XP for Kirin and focus on leveling/farming for the subs you need. How far are you in the game? If you aren't right in the end game, you can get by with a really simple Kirin team just fine. I've seen people blow through most of the mid game with a Kirin-team made up mostly of Ultimate Ogres. She's very flexible once you learn how to use her.

Also, please don't farm normal dungeons for Echidna. As someone who's tried that, I'll tell you it's just not worth it. Just wait for SSP or another special dungeon with echidna to come around. If you're early-mid game you can go without her until one of those dungeons pops up.

I am currently at Polar Night Tower.

I also have a level 44 evolved Light Snow Globe. So that's going to be 1.5 million Light experience. Probably enough to take Kirin from level 4 to 50 right?

Dqxq is at level 40 though (rolled her at that level somehow, probably because of the event). 10 more levels would mean I can evolve her to her final form.

And if I shouldnt do normal dungeon to farm for Echidna, what should I be farming for exactly?

Jagernaut

Got a stone from clearing the Fertile Lands. Got the evolved form of Dragon Knight... lol what a shit gold egg.

I also have a level 44 evolved Light Snow Globe. So that's going to be 1.5 million Light experience. Probably enough to take Kirin from level 4 to 50 right?

Dqxq is at level 40 though (rolled her at that level somehow, probably because of the event). 10 more levels would mean I can evolve her to her final form.

And if I shouldnt do normal dungeon to farm for Echidna, what should I be farming for exactly?

Kirin only takes 707,107 xp to reach Lv 50 in her first form. Don't feed her the snow globe until you evolve her or you will waste a lot of xp.

hermit7

Bought a pack of stones for a few rolls. Did alright got a second ronia which will be thrown on mayday team. Also got like a third DQXQ. Fed away for no skill.

Kirin only takes 707,107 xp to reach Lv 50 in her first form. Don't feed her the snow globe until you evolve her or you will waste a lot of xp.

Fuck.... hrmmm I dont know how to get all that light XP though.

Any idea how much XP it would take to get DQXQ from level 40 to 50?

yami4ct

Right now, I'd focus on getting a good base-kirin team. Going for a Fairlio while his dungeon is still going is an excellent idea. From there, just start making teams that can easily farm the basic evo-mat dailies until the specials you need come around. If I were you, I'd be working towards taking on Two Heroes Descended and looking for SSP to come up. Those orb changers from Two Heroes can be really helpful for you. Also look for the Blade of Justice special dungeon to grab a Verche.
Long term goal right now should be getting a Valk, as she would be the next step up.

So right now I'd say run Kirin/Fairlio Ultimate(When you get him) and from there, just fill in. Any orb changers you can get will make good subs for a while until you can get the ideal subs. For long term-non IAP teams, look toward getting Hera-Is, Valk, Echidna and Verche. They'll get you through even most descends. Sandalphon would be amazing if you can get a team up to tackle him, but that will be long long out. Evo mats should be your top concern right now.

Althane

I'm weak pulled my final pull.

Kirin.

Well fuck, do I win PaD now? What are the traditional subs?

Something that changes Dark orbs into anything will help. Angelion + Valkyrie will help make light orbs, and then match.

Season other elements to taste. Echidna probably for delay.

Right now, I'd focus on getting a good base-kirin team. Going for a Fairlio while his dungeon is still going is an excellent idea. From there, just start making teams that can easily farm the basic evo-mat dailies until the specials you need come around. If I were you, I'd be working towards taking on Two Heroes Descended and looking for SSP to come up. Those orb changers from Two Heroes can be really helpful for you. Also look for the Blade of Justice special dungeon to grab a Verche.
Long term goal right now should be getting a Valk, as she would be the next step up.

So right now I'd say run Kirin/Fairlio Ultimate(When you get him) and from there, just fill in. Any orb changers you can get will make good subs for a while until you can get the ideal subs. For long term-non IAP teams, look toward getting Hera-Is, Valk, Echidna and Verche. They'll get you through even most descends. Sandalphon would be amazing if you can get a team up to tackle him, but that will be long long out. Evo mats should be your top concern right now.

Actually have a Fairlio. So do I level Kirin or him first?

And what team would I need to tackle Sandalphon? Or would that just require leveling Hera-Is, Valk, Echidna, and Verche?

I guess the overall message I am getting is to just let Dqxq rot in my box for now. :(

Does she have no merit at all? I know she can make a decent healer team with herself, sandalphon, valk, and echidna. She's also really fun.

Zombine

Banned
Now that I pulled Kirin and R. Sonia, who do I focus on? I'm kinda sorta new to this. Started back in December and I'm only level 72 or so. I have a lot of good monsters but I could never create a mono team because I was always missing subs I needed. Any suggestions?

yami4ct

Actually have a Fairlio. So do I level Kirin or him first?

And what team would I need to tackle Sandalphon? Or would that just require leveling Hera-Is, Valk, Echidna, and Verche?

I guess the overall message I am getting is to just let Dqxq rot in my box for now. :(

Does she have no merit at all? I know she can make a decent healer team with herself, sandalphon, valk, and echidna. She's also really fun.

Level Fairlio first until you can get him all the way to ultimate form. Just don't use your big Light XP getters like King/Super Golds and your Snowglobe. Form there, level Kirin until you can evolve her. As for DXDQ, I just don't have her so I'm not sure how'd I use her on a Kirin team. The problem is, her ability conflicts with Kirin's L.Skill, so her active would be useless for bursting. You could use her just for her stats until you can fill in a better water monster. She might work well for emergency heals. The thing I will say about here is she might make a better farm leader than Kirin. Kirin's strict activation makes her non-ideal for farming dungeons, so you could easily make a DXDQ team that farms dungeons quicker than Kirin.

As for Sandalphon, you would need to at least be able to get Valk/Verche/Hera-Is I'd say to have a chance with a Kirin team. I might be wrong, be he'd be much further out. I'd concentrate on getting through Valk first, then move on.

Fuck.... hrmmm I dont know how to get all that light XP though.

Any idea how much XP it would take to get DQXQ from level 40 to 50?

Get to Ocean of Heaven, or even better yet Jupiter City in the Sky. The base monsters there will give you a good amount of XP. The best farming strategy I've found is detailed here http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=21267 under the section So.. Physical teams are mostly for farming?

Quantum

No self control:

bought stones.

got complete shit (although some dupes of gods I have)

poured glass of woodford reserve, all better.

Level Fairlio first until you can get him all the way to ultimate form. Just don't use your big Light XP getters like King/Super Golds and your Snowglobe. Form there, level Kirin until you can evolve her. As for DXDQ, I just don't have her so I'm not sure how'd I use her on a Kirin team. The problem is, her ability conflicts with Kirin's L.Skill, so her active would be useless for bursting. You could use her just for her stats until you can fill in a better water monster. She might work well for emergency heals. The thing I will say about here is she might make a better farm leader than Kirin. Kirin's strict activation makes her non-ideal for farming dungeons, so you could easily make a DXDQ team that farms dungeons quicker than Kirin.

As for Sandalphon, you would need to at least be able to get Valk/Verche/Hera-Is I'd say to have a chance with a Kirin team. I might be wrong, be he'd be much further out. I'd concentrate on getting through Valk first, then move on.

Get to Ocean of Heaven, or even better yet Jupiter City in the Sky. The base monsters there will give you a good amount of XP. The best farming strategy I've found is detailed here http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=21267 under the section So.. Physical teams are mostly for farming?

Got it.

Now my question is, if DqXq is better for farming why shouldn't I focus on my DqXq team first? That way I could farm everything for Kirin a lot easier.

I doubt I'll get to Ocean of Heaven with a Dublit/Ogre Kirin team. And then once there farming OoH with a Kirin team will be hard. But I know for sure I could farm it with a Dq team.

Basically, my thinking is I focus on DqXq because she will allow me to farm everything I could ever need for Kirin. And then I can focus on Kirin after and slowly tackle the descends that DqXq simply cant.

am_dragon

If you mean where, Padx has a list of bi-weekly dragon dungeons that drop her. Waiting a few weeks for one to come around is going to be much easier than farming normals.

I have had her drop from normal dungeons when they are 1.5x, but expect to run it 30 times plus before you have a chance. Castle of Satan is slightly below where you are, if you have a team that can clear The Witches' Ball fast and easy, it's at 1.5x all weekend. Don't bother outside of that period. If you don't mind grinding and burning the stamina she will drop eventually.

If you do mean what, the normal dungeons are for XP. If there is no special event I usually burn all my stamina on higher normals. There are a few key places that give more xp / stam.

yami4ct

Got it.

Now my question is, if DqXq is better for farming why shouldn't I focus on my DqXq team first? That way I could farm everything for Kirin a lot easier.

I doubt I'll get to Ocean of Heaven with a Dublit/Ogre Kirin team. And then once there farming OoH with a Kirin team will be hard. But I know for sure I could farm it with a Dq team.

I would say focusing on your DxDQ team as a short term farming goal is just fine. Just don't waste any Super Gold King/Snowglobe Dragons on her. Playing PAD is definitely about keeping multiple "levels" of goals in mind. Short term goals to keep you going right now and longer term goals to tackle late game dungeons later.

I would say focusing on your DxDQ team as a short term farming goal is just fine. Just don't waste any Super Gold King/Snowglobe Dragons on her. Playing PAD is definitely about keeping multiple "levels" of goals in mind. Short term goals to keep you going right now and longer term goals to tackle late game dungeons later.

Yeah. I sure as hell won't waste a snowglobe on DxDq. Thankfully she popped out at level 40. 10 levels will max her. And I dont have the evo material for her evolution.
Gonna make my short term goal a suitable DxDq to farm for basic Kirin stuff, and get to Ocean of Heaven.

I'm also going to practice Endless Corridors with Kirin whenever I lack the stamina for regular dungeons.

yami4ct

Yeah. I sure as hell won't waste a snowglobe on DxDq. Thankfully she popped out at level 40. 10 levels will max her. And I dont have the evo material for her evolution.
Gonna make my short term goal a suitable DxDq to farm for basic Kirin stuff, and get to Ocean of Heaven.

I'm also going to practice Endless Corridors with Kirin whenever I lack the stamina for regular dungeons.

Sounds good. I'd say the basic PAD goal strategy goes something like this: Team to farm easy evo mat dungeons (Basic Dragonfruit,Easy and Expert Masks, and Easy and Expert 'Lits) ->Castle of Satan -> Team that can farm Keeper Dungeons->Easier descends (Two Heroes/Hera)->Through Ocean of Heaven->you know what you're doing by now so you can make your own plan.

Sounds good. I'd say the basic PAD goal strategy goes something like this: Team to farm easy evo mat dungeons (Basic Dragonfruit,Easy and Expert Masks, and Easy and Expert 'Lits) ->Castle of Satan -> Team that can farm Keeper Dungeons->Easier descends (Two Heroes/Hera)->Through Ocean of Heaven->you know what you're doing by now so you can make your own plan.

Hrmm... for Expert Masks and Dublits I usually run a zombie team. Ogre + low HP mons + auto healer friend. Only problem is if 3 or more appear and attack synchronously.

I dunno if DqXq can tackle them. She doesn't have the HP to tank. And I don't know if x16 gets you enough damage to bypass the defense of the masks.

yami4ct

Hrmm... for Expert Masks and Dublits I usually run a zombie team. Ogre + low HP mons + auto healer friend. Only problem is if 3 or more appear and attack synchronously.

I dunno if DqXq can tackle them. She doesn't have the HP to tank. And I don't know if x16 gets you enough damage to bypass the defense of the masks.

Zombie team is a fine way to farm masks/lits until you get something crazy like Shiva or Droidragon that can zero out defenses.

Zombie team is a fine way to farm masks/lits until you get something crazy like Shiva or Droidragon that can zero out defenses.

Hmm I have green ogre and the dragon seeds. Any of my GAF friends on PAD mind putting up a 3rd stage Alarune when the Shrine/Mask dungeons come up?

razterik

so Red Dragon Caller, Sonia is good for the first roll after the tutorial right?

Perfect. She can take you all the way to end game easily.

So, I was farming Sandalphon earlier (0/10, ugh) and ran into Michael. Wasn't paying enough attention and popped Lilith right after he put up his status shield. I thought I'd wasted my poison, so I nudged him down manually while my leaders were bound and I waited for my chance to use Echidna. Then his shield wears off and he bites it with about half his life left. Did poison always stick even with status shields up? Never seen this before since I don't usually poison things with shields.

alright cool lol, but when will I be able to use her? Her cost is really high for where I am

Rank 14 allows for 30 team cost. So yeah, you won't be able to use her for a bit. But she's really insanely good. Nearly every "rerolling for the best starter" monster guide places her in the highest tier along with Kirin and Umisachi & Yamasachi.

You may struggle a bit early on, but you have mid and end game basically handed to you on a silver platter.

If you're curious, here is the rerolling guide. Basically so you can get yourself hyped for getting Sonia.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/preview?sle=true#

Here is a player rank/team cost chart: http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Rank

Since I have no more long term goals on my US account I had no business pulling the lever but did so anyways:
io0R7ZT.jpg

uhh okay cool it's like GungHo wanted to apologize for pooping on me every past build-a-fest

Since I have no more long term goals on my US account I had no business pulling the lever but did so anyways:

uhh okay cool it's like GungHo wanted to apologize for pooping on me every past build-a-fest

Ummm.... wow

Grr... I guess that's why they say to only pull in the first or last hour. 5 pulls, only gold egg was a AA Luci

Well AA Luci is pretty damn good isn't he? Plus you get to turn the game into Bejewled.

I really wanted Bastet! I pretty disappointed here from these 7 pulls.
Thoughts?

Blonia is cool but is kinda firmly entrenched in the dominion of whaledom. Shiva is now a top leader due to his Devilit busty and the advent of row enhance teams, Meimei should get some good stuff with her upcoming busty, and Neptune serves his niche well. Could have been a better set of pulls but you shouldn't be disappointed.

Uh, about that...

Two more pulls for no reason: melon and berry dragons. Yeah, that's enough pain.

Wish I had saved these stones for Monday tech farming instead.

Ouch.... :(

Blonia is cool but is kinda firmly entrenched in the dominion of whaledom. Shiva is now a top leader due to his Devilit busty and the advent of row enhance teams, Meimei should get some good stuff with her upcoming busty, and Neptune serves his niche well. Could have been a better set of pulls but you shouldn't be disappointed.

Why is Red Sonia not entrenched in whaledom but Blue Sonia is? Are good physical units just that much rarer?

razterik

Why is Red Sonia not entrenched in whaledom but Blue Sonia is? Are good physical units just that much rarer?

Red Sonia can run with almost every devil in the game, including easily accessible stuff like Vampire, Drawn Joker, Hera and Hera-Ur.

Blue Sonia has a much smaller sub pool, and her best teams include the rarest pulls in the REM: herself and multiple Blue Odins.

Totakeke

I haven't played in a while, but I had 55 stones saved up on my alt. Used them all up for 11 rolls.

Mystic Ice Knight
Undine
Marine Rider Robin
Ancient Dragon Knight
Sylph
Mandrake
Toytops
Mandrake
Lemon Dragon +1
Hades
Dark Dragon Knight

Hahahah, I've got no time to even care anymore.

maks

4 rolls:
Horus
angel
siren
Basilisk

Just 3 stones left. Thinking about iap but then again dbz collab could be coming soon. The only monsters I really want are yomi, dqxq, kirin.

Last time pcgf was here I got such good rolls...Bastet, d meta, byakko, U&Y.

colinp

Banned
YOLO roll: Ice Golem! Ahahaha, perfect. At least he's a plus egg.

Glad more people are getting Kirin. She's so fun! If anyone wants Kirin friend I'm ult evo, max lvl and all awakenings: 343,798,271

Just working on her plus eggs now.

So I pulled specifically for Ronia or Lu Bu. 5 rollls.

Crystal Aurora Dragon
Pierdra
Beast Rider
Sylph
+1 Mother Fucking Red Sonia!!!

Aww hell yeah my two Byakkos are waiting for a devil evolution. So damn stoked.

Need Ronia, Lu Bu leads please. Shes alreadt evoled and awake ed will be maxed soon.

333 752 218

J0dy77

I take back my complaints about the Sandalphon dungeon. Once I got passed the multiple first turn orb trolls with the Unicorns the rest was very fair. I was able to zero stone with Horus/Kirin team but it was very close. Had Fairlio instead of valk which helped a lot. Also got lucky with Horus skill block awakening actually working for once. Raphael was especially enjoyable having to avoid the dark orbs and activate 20x.

Godfest results:

Silph
Kushinada
Archangel Lucifer
DQXQ (dupe, the game really wants me to use them)

Not the gods I really wanted (I still have never seen an Odin or REM only mob) but I'll take it. How is Lucifer these days? I really wanted him a while back but it seems like the game has passed him by a bit.

Kreed

Pulled once and got a Kirin, which would have been a great pull if I didn't already have an Ultimate Kirin. And I can't think of any use for having more than one Kirin on a team. I'll hold on to it though, as you just never know with this game.

Top Bottom