• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

How hard is it to obtain Angelits and devilits?

its, a fun dungeon but its ruthless 1F and have luck with binds pretty much. its super end game stuff, only a handful of teams can take it with confidence. tho it is possible to clear it with a team of fully farmable cards.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Still rerolling over and over for a kirin. Tired of this haha. Some advice please.

I just got a red sonia, heard this was also a good starter. As a non IAP player will I be hurting for good subs (I know she needs devils)

I played through the first 5 dungeons and got a succubus with my second roll. Should I restart anyways and keep trying for the Kirin?

chrono01

I pulled 10 times, my most ever in a single sitting. They were all free Stones, but still...

Outside of AA Lucifer, which I didn't have, I got absolutely nothing. Two AA Michael's, a Thor, and a Fenrir Knight Kamui. The rest was trash. Extremely disheartened, at the moment. This is the second "Player's Choice" I've participated in where the voted units were nowhere to be found. I don't think I'll bother with the third, and just go with general Godfest. In theory, it should give me more, but it never seems to work out that way for me. I should have saved them for the DBZ Collaboration, but hopefully I'll have more Magic Stones by then.

I'd advise against pulling, if you have luck as horrible as I seemingly do.

ZeroAKA

its, a fun dungeon but its ruthless 1F and have luck with binds pretty much. its super end game stuff, only a handful of teams can take it with confidence. tho it is possible to clear it with a team of fully farmable cards.
Not seeing the "fun" in the Twinlits dungeon at all. I've only managed to 0-stone it two times so far with my farmable Zeus team.

razterik

Still rerolling over and over for a kirin. Tired of this haha. Some advice please.

I just got a red sonia, heard this was also a good starter. As a non IAP player will I be hurting for good subs (I know she needs devils)

I played through the first 5 dungeons and got a succubus with my second roll. Should I restart anyways and keep trying for the Kirin?

Red Sonia is top tier. You can make a powerful Red Sonia team using only farmable devil subs. And you're bound to pull more devils from the REM eventually.

Don't reroll.

Sonia is great. I wouldn't reroll personally.

J0dy77

Ronia is just as good, you're bound to get lucky at some point along the way. There are tons of devil mobs to fill her team that can easily be farmed. Big Baddie, Hera and Vamp are very easy and will carry you a long way.

Ducarmel

Just to give you a different opinion

Imo I think she could be a poor starting roll for non iap. She is not a whale team leader like D.tron and Bonia but her best teams to take down the harder descends require REM.

What makes Ronia a good leader is really not her leader skill, her leader skill is pedestrian by all accounts. Its her active skill and row enhancement that make her such a good god.

But to take advantage of this you would need Dark or Red devil subs with row enhancement ability, and I believe most of the good ones are REM only

Read this guide to see if it will be worth it.
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=40406
Her farmable teams are decent and should beat most stuff but its the awoken focus team that will take down the hard descend bosses.

Also gungho is introducing a new gimmick to dungeons that does not allow awakenings which is a bunch of bs, clearly an attempt to curb the use of Ronia teams.

Okamid3n

Not related to this topic in particular, but I think people try way too hard to find patterns in the randomness of REM and other random things. Even if there WAS a pattern of some sort, it would never be something that people can extrapolate casually from their own experience + reading other people's messages on forums.

In fact, given the average rates of getting REM-only gods, you're very likely to experience stretches of 3+ REM gods in a row in your PAD career (and even more likely to experience stretches of 0 REM gods), assuming the whole thing behaves like a dice roll.

If we go with this document here (which is obviously not a controlled sample, but still can be useful for an estimate): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lBNQUs1WkxUZDRkWmRpMVgzemc&usp=sharing#gid=30

I think it's safe to say that the odds of pulling a REM-exclusive god of any kind in a godfest is around 25% to 40% for one pull. Using a probability matrix and the lower-estimate of 25%, the odds of getting atleast one 3+ REM-God stretch in 50 pulls is 45%. It gets much higher if we use the more likely pull rate of 1 god out of 3, from the data in the google doc.

On the other hand, the odds of getting atleast one stretch of 5+ crappy non-REM-Gods in these same 50 pulls is 99%. Basically, you're going to have many good stretches and many, MANY more awful stretches, which makes people cook up random theories and rituals.

I know people are mostly joking with the window theories and such, but I think it doesn't hurt to clear some lingering doubts in people's minds. The REM is most likely random, and lucky or unlucky stretches are perfectly normal. In fact, it would be very weird if we weren't hearing about people's long stretches of good/bad luck.

Also I just blew all my non-iap stones in a 0/4 stretch ;_; This is the real secret reason for this post.

Zombine

Banned
Here's what I pulled from the machine during the fest:

Kirin
R. Sonia
R. Sonia
Dino Rider
Shiva
Meimei
Bastet
Yomi
Berry Dragon

And some + eggs. Do I go for one final yolo pull?

Here's what I pulled from the machine during the fest:

Kirin
R. Sonia
R. Sonia
Dino Rider
Shiva
Meimei
Bastet
Yomi
Berry Dragon

And some + eggs. Do I go for one final yolo pull?

Yes. Inb4 3rd Sonia.

Also gungho is introducing a new gimmick to dungeons that does not allow awakenings which is a bunch of bs, clearly an attempt to curb the use of Ronia teams.

Do the no awakening descends also hurt Kirin a ton?

Are there any descends with no light orbs?

Yes. Inb4 3rd Sonia.

There is only one no-awakening descended so far; I beat it with Kirin anyways cause she's that baller.

The two dungeons I can remember that have no light orbs (Lightless Devil's Nest and Nebradisk) are pushovers even on the highest difficulty.

Zombine

Banned
Yes. Inb4 3rd Sonia.

Nope. Mandrake. YOLO!

Seriously had fun with this one. I'm pretty much done at this point. Won't roll again until Dragon Ball. My educated guess is that we will see that leading up to the release of the new film in August.

Quantum

so how bad are the godfest pulls this time around? Sitting this one out until DBZ time!

I had my soul crushed.

Realistically - I rolled too many times (over 30), I got about 30% gold god eggs that were part of the players choice. I unfortunately had a large number of dupes (and dupes of what I previously had) and did not get what I ultimately wanted.

I have to reconsider my stone buying habits because its just too easy to burn money.

(gods included: Anubis, Kirin, Hades, Kushinadahime, Perseus, Persephone, Kushinadahime, Viper Orochi, Viper Orochi, Ra, Ra, Pandora, Lovely Maden Valyrie)

It would be cool if you could trade duplicates of gold egg rarity monsters for a magic stone.

I am jealous of all the dudes with kushinadahime.

Ducarmel

I decided to go for 5 more rolls

I'm starting to believe my own window theory

I immediately roll when I get a super when fusing a monster.

before super fusion

Parvati Forest Gala Trolled dupe for me.
Mtystic flame knight
Fenrir Knight

after Super Fusion

Pandora+1
Luci
Both new gods for me.

I got one more pull will try it again.

Stones are going to be hard for me to come by now that I am further into the game. I still need to expand my box so I can hold more evo material. Probably not going to do the DBZ collab REM.

ZeroAKA

11 rolls total during Godfest, ended up with only Hades (dupe) and Neptune. Why did people even vote in those two when there are so many better options? :/

11 rolls total during Godfest, ended up with only Hades (dupe) and Neptune. Why did people even vote in those two when there are so many better options? :/

Yeah, looking at Neptune... he seems bad.

Also, Kirin/DqXq playstyle is fun and scary sometimes. Like "make this combo, or the boss WILL kill you." Kill or be killed. Do or die. All on a single turn.

maks

Screw it. Rolled 4 more times....

Strawberry dragon
lubu
lubu
thanatos

Not sure what to do with 2 lubu. I do run a satan team usually with astaroth, gryps, vamp, baddie. I actually have two astaroth and was considering running both so I have turn 1 vamp ready lol

Colby

Two pulls:

Lemon Dragon
Don Quixote and Donna Quixote (or whatever their name is)

I'm saving the other 100 stones for DBZ!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, looking at Neptune... he seems bad.

Also, Kirin/DqXq playstyle is fun and scary sometimes. Like "make this combo, or the boss WILL kill you." Kill or be killed. Do or die. All on a single turn.

If you're clearing Mythical level stuff, Neptune is effectively outclassed by your everything. He is a great lower level lead due to his 55% reduction. Dual Neptune is a great ~70% reduction, which makes some Descended dungeons tankable and safe.

Also, his poison at max level hits for ~11k per turn. Think back to when you had to Lilith enemies to death...Or maybe you never had to go through that pain, haha. But Neptune's poison was tits before the farmable AB Blue Bird or any newer poison options out there.

I imagine Neptune made it in for 2 reasons - veterans wanting to flush out their god collection and new players who have read PDX and see old teams with Neptune lead or sub requirements.

Colby

Oh, does Lemon Dragon's skill work the same way as the Snow Globe's? That frees up my Light Snow Globe for EXP if so.

razterik

DBZ REM mobs starting to get spoiled
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy

Tien is really good, basically Ronia for attacker types.

Misato already did that and nobody really uses her much. Not getting fooled again.

Honestly not impressed with any of the reveals. The golds are decent variations on Chinese/Horus leads, but nothing to go crazy over. The lack of skill ups for anything outside whale-rolling is a downer since GungHo has switched to longer timers for what are essentially double actives. Strip the nuke from these cards and drop the timers by 4-5 turns and I would be rolling every single one. For now I'm not planning on rolling at all.

Genji

Misato already did that and nobody really uses her much. Not getting fooled again.

Honestly not impressed with any of the reveals. The golds are decent variations on Chinese/Horus leads, but nothing to go crazy over. The lack of skill ups for anything outside whale-rolling is a downer since GungHo has switched to longer timers for what are essentially double actives. Strip the nuke from these cards and drop the timers by 4-5 turns and I would be rolling every single one. For now I'm not planning on rolling at all.

Yeah, while I like the art and would like to own all of them for nostalgia purposes, I can't see any of them fitting into my current teams. My wallet is safe for this collab.

linsivvi

S ranked blue flower dragon with this team:

Kirinx2, Echidna, Verche, King Bubblie, Top Droidragon

Burst all the way through. Used Echidna against berry dragon to get King Bubblie charged. Could probably swap Verche for a low star physical sub.

J0dy77

Not seeing much there, anything I'm missing? I'll throw a roll at it if I get back to 5 stones by the time it comes around. Burned all of mine on the player's choice and some box space.

These collab's have felt underwhelming of late. Last great one was the Batman dungeon, had a great feel to it and everything was useful. Robin, Catwoman and D/D Batman especially as the common pulls from the REM.

Not seeing much there, anything I'm missing? I'll throw a roll at it if I get back to 5 stones by the time it comes around. Burned all of mine on the player's choice and some box space.

These collab's have felt underwhelming of late. Last great one was the Batman dungeon, had a great feel to it and everything was useful. Robin, Catwoman and D/D Batman especially as the common pulls from the REM.

Most of them are very easy to activate combo leads with pretty sweet awakenings. Most of the Active Skills are meh, but oh well. Personally, I welcome our DBZ overlords...gives more flexibility so you aren't forced to run 2 of the same leads to get a boost.

I think most of them look pretty good so far.

edit : Korin? wtf is that? Why would you add that...

Jagernaut

I agree, the Batman REM monsters were really good, these others are mediocre.

Goku = physical/dragon DXDQ
Gohan = non ultimate Horus
Vegeta and Trunks = variations of Chinese god

The rest are unremarkable.

linsivvi

Well the only thing I can say is that there's finally a viable end game dragon team.

It's just incredibly expensive.

Edit: The collab dungeon does give us an incredible devil sub.

Ducarmel

Whoa Thumbalina and Snow White! lol.

Golems will be out of the REM, no more Golem jokes on facebook.

So hype train derail on DBZ collab? Sucks for those saving stones just for it.

Kreed

What is it?

All the DBZ characters have Dragon subtypes, Goku and Gohan being the strongest with x4 combo leader skills. Since we've been stuck with HP must be above x amount leads and Zaerog's lame recovery, they are the first realistic Dragon type leads (ignoring their main typings and color typings which would still provide better options).

So hype train derail on DBZ collab? Sucks for those saving stones just for it.

I don't really see it as a hype derail, just that most of us in this thread have progressed so far in this game that none of us are going to spend a bunch of stones getting a x4 lead. For new players/people who have yet to get one at this point, there are some nice options in here.

J0dy77

I agree, the Batman REM monsters were really good, these others are mediocre.

Goku = physical/dragon DXDQ
Gohan = non ultimate Horus
Vegeta and Trunks = variations of Chinese god

The rest are unremarkable.

Have 2 DQXQ and Ultimate Horus so yeahhhh. I'll skip this one.

Top Bottom