• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Outside of my Kirin and Archangel Michael, all I got was trash.

But having a Kirin, I think I am done rolling for a while. Just need to keep telling myself that to let it sink in and stick.

Is S ranking Blue Flower similar to S ranking red flower? If I can do it with an average 8-9 combo then I will roll my Ra, U&Y or new Kirin team (she might not be evolved and leveled but her subs are...)

Zero_IYAD

tumblr_n6jodu7NDW1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

linsivvi

Is S ranking Blue Flower similar to S ranking red flower? If I can do it with an average 8-9 combo then I will roll my Ra, U&Y or new Kirin team (she might not be evolved and leveled but her subs are...)

Well unlike red you can't stall even when above 50% health because the boss will start binding you at the 2nd turn. Under 50% it's just as deadly as red after the bind since it hits you for 20K while turning all heal orbs to blue. So I used King Bubblie for a 1 turn KO.

Well unlike red you can't stall even when above 50% health because the boss will start binding you at the 2nd turn. Under 50% it's just as deadly as red after the bind since it hits you for 20K while turning all heal orbs to blue. So I used King Bubblie for a 1 turn KO.

ok I think I can make that work. Stalling before the final two levels wasn't that bad for red.

Interesting, reading the impressions of the DBZ collab monsters. Power creep has definitely changed the game. A year ago, this would have been an outstanding collab, well worth pulling for any of the father/son Saiyans. I still think it is, but less so for players who already have better monsters. Gohan with his dual elements is actually a little better than pre-ultimate Horus which used to be considered the best monster in the game. And Goku is strictly better, matching DQXQ's leader skill. This collab is great for players without any of the top monsters like Sakuya, Horus, DQXQ, etc.. The limited pool of the DBZ REM gives them a much better chance at pulling a top tier monster.

I personally don't need any of these. But I may do a YOLO pull or 2 since I've saved over 35 stones now. Can't win unless you enter! It doesn't look like the dungeon drops any mobs that skill-up existing monsters either, so I may just clear it for the stone and TAMA, unless the boss drop is worth farming. I haven't seen a description for the boss yet.

Jagernaut

Interesting, reading the impressions of the DBZ collab monsters. Power creep has definitely changed the game. A year ago, this would have been an outstanding collab, well worth pulling for any of the father/son Saiyans. I still think it is, but less so for players who already have better monsters. Gohan with his dual elements is actually a little better than pre-ultimate Horus which used to be considered the best monster in the game. And Goku is strictly better, matching DQXQ's leader skill. This collab is great for players without any of the top monsters like Sakuya, Horus, DQXQ, etc.. The limited pool of the DBZ REM gives them a much better chance at pulling a top tier monster.

I personally don't need any of these. But I may do a YOLO pull or 2 since I've saved over 35 stones now. Can't win unless you enter! It doesn't look like the dungeon drops any mobs that skill-up existing monsters either, so I may just clear it for the stone and TAMA, unless the boss drop is worth farming. I haven't seen a description for the boss yet.

The final boss is Freeza and has 4 forms. The final form:

Frieza 4th form
Devil / Dragon
Dark/Dark
3543/1818/0
Dark row boost/Skill boost
7 stars, cost is 40

Active skill: Reduce enemies' current HP by 25% (starts at 25 turns and goes down to 15)

Leader skill: 1.5x HP / 2.5x ATK to dragon and devil types

His first form is only 10 cost, 25% gravity for low cost teams.

Thanks for the tips.

Got an A rank. Two more shots at Legendary to snag the Tama before it starts costing me runs.

Jagernaut

I didn't notice until I was browsing puzzleanddragonsforum but Tien from DBZ REM is interesting.

Tien
Wood/Wood
Attacker / Dragon

LS: Attackers - 2.5x ATK and 1.5x RCV
AS: 30x atk, 1 turn delay AND decrease HP to 1 (wording actually suggests 2 turn delay, will confirm once data is out tomorrow)

His active skill starts at 13 turns so he would be good for hp conditional teams like DTron, Goemon and others to make sure you are in the attack zone when you get to the boss or have to continue.

The wording is identical to D/D Bats in the JP version so I'm expecting it to be 1 turn delay.

Anyways, while the DBZ collab might not do anything for established players it seems like a good way for new players to either roll a useable starter or have a second option for a team,

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Goku's leadership skill is the same as DQXQ, and since all subs from the REM and the dungeon are dragons, there's enough to form a dragon team based on that alone.

which is the better monster for a non iap player? Goku or DQXQ?
I will roll because I like DBZ but I already have a DQXQ as my only good monster so it would be a shame to have it outclassed so fast.

Uthred

The monday after nearly every godfest, no matter if the pulls I got were good or bad, I inevitably look at my box on Padherder and realise I probably would have been better off actually "finishing" the monsters I currently have than constantly chasing the shiny new ones ;) I cant believe I still havent maxed my Horus, Isis or Ra which I've had more or less since they came out.

linsivvi

I will roll because I like DBZ but I already have a DQXQ as my only good monster so it would be a shame to have it outclassed so fast.

Don't worry DQXQ is not getting outclassed, healers are better because of better selection of subs and because of RCV. Echidna alone makes DQXQ better.

It will also likely get elevated to Kirin status when the ultimate evolution comes somewhere down the line.

Ducarmel

Without looking at the hard stats or even theorizing optimal team composition

In general light attribute > Fire attribute, and healer types > dragon types.

I say its safe to say DQXQ is better then Goku.

edit: beaten.

MikeDip

Thanks!

I had been rerolling during the entire godfest, and backing up good starters. After rolling constantly I only ended up with 4 decent starts. Red sonia, Haku, bastet and DQXQ. (One for each account, not all together)

Probably gonna go on with the DQXQ starter, I was playing with her and found her quite fun. Happy goku wont outclass her as soon as I decided on using it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh man, if you newer players want to see how much the game has changed, go read OT1. My favorite point of the first 5-10 pages was the idea that riders were good because they had two colors! ;)

OT1 magic

linsivvi

I started with 2 Ceres haha

Yeah they are all better now but back then I'd rather run with the starter dragons. I wish I had a Ceres though, her full bind protection and recovery would make the flower dragons a piece of cake.

Oh man, if you newer players want to see how much the game has changed, go read OT1. My favorite point of the first 5-10 pages was the idea that riders were good because they had two colors! ;)

OT1 magic

If Gungho didn't screw up 2-pronged attack so much the Riders would be really awesome now. But the fact that any match of 5 or more orbs cancel out the effects of 2-pronged attack makes it worthless.

How does it make sense that if I match 4 orbs the monster gets a 1.5x attack bonus but if I match 5, the bonus goes away?

MikeDip

My old account I am quitting, I started with neptune. But then every damn time I rolled during a godfest I only ever got more neptunes (It had over 6 neptunes and literally no other gods or anything decent from the REM). That account is cursed, I never wanna see that thing again.

Kreed

Don't worry DQXQ is not getting outclassed, healers are better because of better selection of subs and because of RCV. Echidna alone makes DQXQ better.

It will also likely get elevated to Kirin status when the ultimate evolution comes somewhere down the line.

Without looking at the hard stats or even theorizing optimal team composition

In general light attribute > Fire attribute, and healer types > dragon types.

I say its safe to say DQXQ is better then Goku.

edit: beaten.

Goku is Dragon/Physical (all the DBZ collab monsters have a second type in addition to Dragon). Your points still stand, but that does give him more options than just Dragon (Orochi, King Bubblie, etc...).

I started with Marine Rider. You guys don't even know.

I'm really digging these bosses that give you one turn to kill them, otherwise bind your entire team and slowly crush you. Great idea.

linsivvi

I started with Marine Rider. You guys don't even know.

I'm really digging these bosses that give you one turn to kill them, otherwise bind your entire team and slowly crush you. Great idea.

It's really ingenuous. No heal orbs, pre-emptive block menace, bind all your subs.

Do you have a REM sub that lets you get out of the bind? No? Ok, bye.

Okamid3n

I started with Mystic Dark Knight and Mitsuki, you guys had it easy! I rocked my starter dragon and mitsuki all the way up to a lucky vampire drop, which became my main.

I never rerolled, though. Just happened to get a Kirin and an Apollo around rank 90 or so, just in time for me to start tackling the easier descends. So glad I didn't have to reroll.

Tobe

I started with Mystic Dark Knight and Mitsuki, you guys had it easy! I rocked my starter dragon and mitsuki all the way up to a lucky vampire drop, which became my main.

I never rerolled, though. Just happened to get a Kirin and an Apollo around rank 90 or so, just in time for me to start tackling the easier descends. So glad I didn't have to reroll.
me too, rolled with I&I until a vamp dropped, then i went full iap.

Colby

I started with Fire Golem and Dragon Rider. Now I'm rank 255 and I have Horus/DonQuixote/Karin/Yomi/Odin/other goodies and am still non-IAP. I literally started from the bottom, now I'm here.

Quantum

Loki starter, monodark for better part of a year, had terrible REM luck, lost my account for the better part of a month.

After getting it back figured life's too short and I enjoy the game, went IAP and now believe I have a problem.

Jagernaut

I never considered rerolling back then (almost 500 days ago). I started with Marine Rider and Gigas and stuck with them and the fire starter dragon until I rolled an Ares. Now I have some of the top leaders: DTron, Horus, Bastet, Lucifer, Ronia and Haku.

yami4ct

My starter was Flame Golem, because I didn't even really think about re-rolling. That was just because I downloaded the game randomly around the time it launched in the US, so my options were thin. Didn't get back to it until last Christmas. I really got lucky and rolled Bastet and Isis during a Godfest, though.

I started my first account with Vampire. Rerolled a few months later when AA Lucifer came out. Tried to get him for two days till he finally dropped. Always been a mono color dark guy, then had a small stint with spike teams with byakko and now have a dark devil team lead by ronia.

saichi

If Gungho didn't screw up 2-pronged attack so much the Riders would be really awesome now. But the fact that any match of 5 or more orbs cancel out the effects of 2-pronged attack makes it worthless.

How does it make sense that if I match 4 orbs the monster gets a 1.5x attack bonus but if I match 5, the bonus goes away?

didn't know that. that's fucked up.

And I started with Freyr. He is still on my Ame monread team!

On an additional note, I got a Devilit from PAL Egg Machine last time. After checking options (no Shiva, Anubis, Karin or Haku), I evolved my Duke Vampire Lord to Arcane Monarch, Vampire Duke (the W/D one). Now I'm not sure how to use him since I don't have a Devil team. Any suggestions?

I never considered rerolling back then (almost 500 days ago). I started with Marine Rider and Gigas and stuck with them and the fire starter dragon until I rolled an Ares. Now I have some of the top leaders: DTron, Horus, Bastet, Lucifer, Ronia and Haku.

You IAP or nonIAP tho?

You IAP or nonIAP tho?
Been lurking in this thread for a bit and I think you overemphasize the importance of IAPing when it comes to obtaining REM stuff. My account is roughly 70ish days old, haven't spent a cent, and I have half of those gods. Granted, maybe I'm lucky but over the course of 500 days, it's very possible to get some good stuff without IAPing.

Now maxing out skills and +eggs on the other hand...lol.

OT1 magic

Oh the memories of just starting out...

If only I had known, really outside of having mechdragons for a year before they came back I'm not sure I am actually better off having played as long as I have versus just starting out and rerolling during an awesomefest...

At least now I've got a Kirin so I don't have to pull anymore *if I keep telling myself it, it has to be true right? I really want to stop pulling*

yeah they are. thought they were not. that dungeon should have all the pirates, need to skill okuni.

I like that it is a way to get some of the pirates. Shrine maiden and U&Y need skill ups. And since it is no RCV, Ra puts some work in (Especially with my one Ra friend who has a max skilled ra) It's not impossible to stall 1 round, so just skill ups after that.

I'll tell you what I want is izanagi skill ups.

How about this for a team (at least against skill block) All fully awoken:
dual Kirin leads, Izanagi, Yomi, Bastet, R/B Shiva.

50x burst, lots of time, fully blocks skill block, CtW, armour break (not that you need it with 50x) and spread cats...

no orb changers though, no delay so stalling would be tough, however with max skilled izanagi that would be an 8 turn burst before the three skill cooldowns you get. That's one turn stall to get 50x up for a 5 level boss.

*stealth shame edit* when I make posts like this I realize just how heavy my IAP has been...

Top Bottom