• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

linsivvi

didn't know that. that's fucked up.

Oh it is fucked up. After reading a forum post I did a test on endless corridor earlier with a sub that has 2-pronged attack.

4-orb match: 1583
5-orb match: 1266
6-orb match: 1477

Why give the riders 2 row enhancements and 2 2-pronged attacks when they cancel each other out? It also tempered a bit of my excitement of the Haku ultimate.

I hope Gungho would fix this shit.

I tallied mine up before I quit. It was... Depressing. Lol

Did that a little while ago, though I think it wasn't as much as some people who have quit, I was still very disappointed in my total.
But I still have fun with the game, so I don't want to stop playing, I just want to stop paying...

I started with Marine Rider. You guys don't even know.

Hey I started with Marine Rider too!

What boss are you talking about?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did that a little while ago, though I think it wasn't as much as some people who have quit, I was still very disappointed in my total.

But I still have fun with the game, so I don't want to stop playing, I just want to stop paying...

I knew that if I kept playing, I'd be tempted to spend. It was so easy to just say, "Eh, 85 stones? No biggie." And I mean, it wasn't. I could afford it, sure...But it was just wasteful when I looked at what else I could spend that money on, haha.

Quantum

I knew that if I kept playing, I'd be tempted to spend. It was so easy to just say, "Eh, 85 stones? No biggie." And I mean, it wasn't. I could afford it, sure...But it was just wasteful when I looked at what else I could spend that money on, haha.

Thats how I'm looking at it now, going to try to keep playing without spending for awhile.

also picked up wildstar to get some grinding elsewhere.

hermit7

I haven't looked at how much I have spent. Far more than I think I am sure.

saichi

On an additional note, I got a Devilit from PAL Egg Machine last time. After checking options (no Shiva, Anubis, Karin or Haku), I evolved my Duke Vampire Lord to Arcane Monarch, Vampire Duke (the W/D one). Now I'm not sure how to use him since I don't have a Devil team. Any suggestions?

Anyone?

Jagernaut

His leader skill is 3x attack for dark so you don't have to use devils, any dark monsters (sub attributes count too) will do. With a friend you can make a 9x dark team.

Edit. You can use farmable monsters like Drawn Joker, Chaos Dragon Knight, Cerberus, Hera.

Genji

Oh it is fucked up. After reading a forum post I did a test on endless corridor earlier with a sub that has 2-pronged attack.

4-orb match: 1583
5-orb match: 1266
6-orb match: 1477

Why give the riders 2 row enhancements and 2 2-pronged attacks when they cancel each other out? It also tempered a bit of my excitement of the Haku ultimate.

I hope Gungho would fix this shit.

I didn't realize it worked this way. What's the point of giving it a damage bonus only with 4? Are they trying to prevent row enchances from being too powerful with it?

Damn, nothing worse than setting up a good board with Kirin, and then when clearing some useless orbs having a skyfall ruin your next turn setup.

Colby

I got Yomi in the PCGF, so D/L Yomi is worth an angelit to ult evolve ?
Yep. Very good stats, and her Awakenings are insanely good for any combo-oriented leaders. Dark/Light typing is pretty awesome, too. I've never used Yomi as a leader, but I imagine there are some good uses for it as a leader.

Hige

Where do you guys get most of your mythlits? I've tried T1 tech dungeons on Mondays, T4 normal on weekends, and the Friday dungeon, but those little bastards refuse to drop.

raiot

Where do you guys get most of your mythlits? I've tried T1 tech dungeons on Mondays, T4 normal on weekends, and the Friday dungeon, but those little bastards refuse to drop.

Twinlits... I actually consider just selling them, I have far too many :(

When starting out I went with my first Yellow egg pull: Wood Mech Warrior Asgard. That bastard's high HP and counterattack leader skill got me way farther than I had any right to be. I still use him, and I'm trying to get a good enough Hanzo team that I can reliably farm Gold Keeper and UVO him. He's even fully awoken!

Anyway, found Blue Flowerdragon much easier than Red for some reason. Mostly, I guess, because I went into it knowing about the bind so I stacked my team with bind-immune monsters. Final boss was a joke. Between my Ami, my GrOdin and someone else's GrOdin he just couldn't do enough damage to stop my auto-heal. Sure, it took something like 60 turns to kill him, but I was never in any danger. Did have to spend a stone on the berry dragon when I accidentally did a diagonal shift and ruined my setup so I didn't match anything. Auto-heals didn't go off on the turn before his big "And a strawberry to finish!" dick slap. Was pretty angry, but meh. One stone that I'll get back when I finish the other difficulties.

Nista

I started with Siren. She was a pretty useful leader for the time. :p

Only new stuff I got out of the PCGF was a Lu Bu and a Liu Bei. ANy good teams I could work on with either of these guys? I have a bunch of devils (except no Ronia) so probably Lu Bu is better to focus on?

Anyway, found Blue Flowerdragon much easier than Red for some reason. Mostly, I guess, because I went into it knowing about the bind so I stacked my team with bind-immune monsters. Final boss was a joke. Between my Ami, my GrOdin and someone else's GrOdin he just couldn't do enough damage to stop my auto-heal. Sure, it took something like 60 turns to kill him, but I was never in any danger. Did have to spend a stone on the berry dragon when I accidentally did a diagonal shift and ruined my setup so I didn't match anything. Auto-heals didn't go off on the turn before his big "And a strawberry to finish!" dick slap. Was pretty angry, but meh. One stone that I'll get back when I finish the other difficulties.

Blue Flowerdragon was about the same for me, stall when possible for Echidna and Ronia and burst down (dark focused Ronia Team).

when I attempt the S-rank I'll probably try my hand at Kirin, U&Y or Ra. At least with Legendary Seaway, Satan, and Skydragon rush no RCV dungeons I can do it about half the time with no problems. Biggest risk is not matching all 5 colors. PaD board used to have a document outlining the odds of a "perfect" board for each of the color matchers. Ra's best bet is with as fresh a board as possible (~40% with a 100% fresh board and very difficult without a fresh board) Horus has the best odds fresh board or not, with kirin and U&Y somewhere between on fresh vs not fresh boards.

Only new stuff I got out of the PCGF was a Lu Bu and a Liu Bei. ANy good teams I could work on with either of these guys? I have a bunch of devils (except no Ronia) so probably Lu Bu is better to focus on?

Lu Bu is great for a Ronia friend, as it allows us to sub out king baddie for more row enhance (and you never have to sub in a king baddie ever). best subs for devil teams are
REM: R/R Ifrit, Belial, FA Luci, Loki, R/D Shiva, and ultimate Persephone (Eventually Haku).
Non-REM: Hera-Ur, Satan (row enhance & HP), Zombie Dragon (Skill boost awakening and HP without negative RCV), Ultimate Devil/atk Lilith (better stats & awakenings for Devil team than healer/devil lilith), P.E.K.K.A. (HP drain helps with Lu Bu's 1 hp skill and awakenings)

I am 55k exp away from a Max level ronia, other than red dragons all exp is Kirin's right now (have all the evo material for her lvl 50 evo, and only missing gold keeper for ult evo.)

Zero_IYAD

Started with Mystic Stone Knight here.
I played knowing nothing about the game for almost 3 months, I even reached Rank 100 or so & I didn't even know why my damage sometimes hit with 1 only xD

Tobe

i dont get vegeta... but is its caping out at 4.5 then thats pretty good. also trunks works well with the EVA collab.

Ducarmel

i dont get vegeta... but is its caping out at 4.5 then thats pretty good. also trunks works well with the EVA collab.
He is like a Ra and Haku had a child together

If I am reading it correctly his leader skill at minimum you must match 2 colors water, light or dark for 3x atk. Each other match type adds .5 for a maximum 4.5 atk.

So matching all colors will give you 4.5x atk but you only need to match 2 of his 3 main colors to get at least 3x atk

Quantum

east coast us - 1 am est >< for carnival.

Maybe if I wake up randomly - but seriously wth is with all the special dungeons at 1 am lately.

east coast us - 1 am est >< for carnival.

Maybe if I wake up randomly - but seriously wth is with all the special dungeons at 1 am lately.

Ah I was wondering why I hadn't seen the carnival. Granted I was in class/lab most of the day.

1:00am eh......... I guess I could stay awake.

Okamid3n

He is like a Ra and Haku had a child together

If I am reading it correctly his leader skill at minimum you must match 2 colors water, light or dark for 3x atk. Each other match type adds .5 for a maximum 4.5 atk.

So matching all colors will give you 4.5x atk but you only need to match 2 of his 3 main colors to get at least 3x atk

They must've updated the skill's description since you guys posted, because this is what it says now:

" 3x ATK when erasing any two of following Orb types: Water, Light, Dark. Increase damage after 2+ type ( 2 types = 3x, 0.5x per type, caps at 3.5x )."

Basically, 3x if you match 2 of dark, water, light. 3.5 x if you match all three. Other types don't matter. I really like it, I'd like to have one for dungeons where my Kirin is overkill...Right now, I seriously have no quick farming monster; Kirin or slow grind, those are my farming options.

Tobe

Yeah no way am I going to stone at my low stamina (39). I just want to do it for some jewel metal dragons. If those drop. I could also use a sapphire king dragon for King Bubblie.

are you using pad guide? chekc the app out if you arent. it sets alarms for time dungeons.

Tobe

Never heard of it. Thanks a bunch for pointing it out. Is it on the App Store, or android only?

.... oh :(

yeah both of them, i play on ios. speaking of ios, it shouyld be a way to disable the mission control or whatever that shit is called on a app by app basis. ive wasted too much stamina because i popped it open going up on the board.

padguide is the best, dungeon info with floor by floor mobs, dungeon scheduling, info on all the cards. pretty neat app.

colinp

Banned
Yep, PADGuide is great. It's in the op, though I guess the op is pretty long at this point.

I gave the $ to get rid of ads. Totally worth it. I use the thing multiple times daily!

maks

Are you guys running padguide on android? I got an update recently and its been buggy ever since. I'm on Samsung GS3. For example, I have to manually select the refresh button when I switch Event days.

Jagernaut

After failing Room of Mask Legend with a 100% skill bind resist Horus team last week, I just beat it with a 100% skill bind resist Lucifer team.

D/W Lucifer
Hera Is
D/D Vritra
D/L Yomi
G/L Bastet
D/W Lucifer

Lucifer is still useful!

Top Bottom