• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

ccbfan

After failing Room of Mask Legend with a 100% skill bind resist Horus team last week, I just beat it with a 100% skill bind resist Lucifer team.

D/W Lucifer
Hera Is
D/D Vritra
D/L Yomi
G/L Bastet
D/W Lucifer

Lucifer is still useful!

Yeah Legend mask is super easy with a Lucy team even without bind resist.

I beat it with a Poor mans Noel/Lucy team. The hardest part is not killing the Low HP mask before the bind ends.

After twinlit, tri fruit and gold keeper. I'm amazed Gungho gave us such an easy dungeon.

Jagernaut

Yeah Legend mask is super easy with a Lucy team even without bind resist.

I beat it with a Poor mans Noel/Lucy team. The hardest part is not killing the Low HP mask before the bind ends.

After twinlit, tri fruit and gold keeper. I'm amazed Gungho gave us such an easy dungeon.

I don't want to wait 99 turns to use my skills. With this team I use gravity, Lucifer, and Vritra on the blue mask then wait 30 turns and repeat. Bastet also helps to quickly kill the divine masks before they bind or attack.

Got my 6* Kirin, awoke her four times (thanks free tamas). Now Keeper of Gold and another Dub-topalit...

What's a good team for Keeper of Gold? I've had no luck with PDx teams. Any suggestions are welcome.

Hydronium

Neo Member
Got my 6* Kirin, awoke her four times (thanks free tamas). Now Keeper of Gold and another Dub-topalit...

What's a good team for Keeper of Gold? I've had no luck with PDx teams. Any suggestions are welcome.

The standard Kirin team can actually beat Keeper of the Gold easily as long as you meet the HP threshold. I can help you with a +297 Kirin if you decide to try it with her.

Damn, I can't clear the Mask Expert level dungeon with my subs. Mostly because I lack an auto healer and/or a poison user.

I also couldn't clear the Keeper of the Rainbow dungeon. If I use a leader with resolve, my subs don't have enough firepower to go through the regular enemies, even though I would definitely be able to beat the boss given enough time.

Narras

I need some Violet Demon Masks to evolve some Chasers. Is it better to go through the Normal Dungeons during 1.5x hoping to see one drop? Or is it better to go through the first Wednesday Dungeon during 2x hoping it drops on the last floor? Or is there a better way?

linsivvi

The standard Kirin team can actually beat Keeper of the Gold easily as long as you meet the HP threshold. I can help you with a +297 Kirin if you decide to try it with her.

Yep. Though I may experiment with squeezing Sandalphon into the team once I've max leveled it.

Jagernaut

I need some Violet Demon Masks to evolve some Chasers. Is it better to go through the Normal Dungeons during 1.5x hoping to see one drop? Or is it better to go through the first Wednesday Dungeon during 2x hoping it drops on the last floor? Or is there a better way?

You have a 50% chance (2x drop means something drops every floor) of getting the violet mask in the Wednesday dungeon for 10 stamina vs gambling that it will even show up and then drop instead of the other enemies in the normal dungeons. Wednesday is better even though I was trolled 3 times in a row by getting the other mask.

Jagernaut

Damn, I can't clear the Mask Expert level dungeon with my subs. Mostly because I lack an auto healer and/or a poison user.

I also couldn't clear the Keeper of the Rainbow dungeon. If I use a leader with resolve, my subs don't have enough firepower to go through the regular enemies, even though I would definitely be able to beat the boss given enough time.

For expert mask I used to use resolve + auto healer friend when I first started. Most mid and high level players don't put up auto healers much so make friends of similar rank or ask for someone here to put one up. My friends list is full so I can't add you until I remove someone.

For rainbow keeper maybe run your strongest team with a Green Odin friend to reduce rainbow keeper's damage by 80%.

razterik

Post your box and we might be able to help put something together? Sometimes it's just too early for these dungeons, though.

For expert mask I used to use resolve + auto healer friend when I first started. Most mid and high level players don't put up auto healers much so make friends of similar rank or ask for someone here to put one up. My friends list is full so I can't add you until I remove someone.

For rainbow keeper maybe run your strongest team with a Green Odin friend to reduce rainbow keeper's damage by 80%.

Resolve and auto healer doesn't work. One of the floors has 3 masks on a 5 turn cool down. I can't get rid off 2 of them in that time unless I get lucky with orbs.

Resolve and auto healer doesn't work. One of the floors has 3 masks on a 5 turn cool down. I can't get rid off 2 of them in that time unless I get lucky with orbs.
Store 2x2 orbs of your most common color in the bottom corners before moving on to the next floor. Having low CD orb changers also helps.

Jagernaut

Your resolve team should be the same color to make it easier. Example, blue ogre, 4 sapphlits, and siren friend. Every 3 orb match of blue does 6 damage to 1 target and every 5 orb match of blue does 6 damage to all monsters. You can stall in the first floor and save extra blue orbs in the bottom corners of the board.

Next time we get Poring Tower get some Ghostrings, in the mean time you should try to farm some Succubi.

Store 2x2 orbs of your most common color in the bottom corners before moving on to the next floor. Having low CD orb changers also helps.

I would use orb changers if I had them. I need to find an alarune friend if I want to maintain mono color. Otherwise I need to farm blue ogre and saphlits.

Nista

Lu Bu is great for a Ronia friend, as it allows us to sub out king baddie for more row enhance (and you never have to sub in a king baddie ever). best subs for devil teams are
REM: R/R Ifrit, Belial, FA Luci, Loki, R/D Shiva, and ultimate Persephone (Eventually Haku).
Non-REM: Hera-Ur, Satan (row enhance & HP), Zombie Dragon (Skill boost awakening and HP without negative RCV), Ultimate Devil/atk Lilith (better stats & awakenings for Devil team than healer/devil lilith), P.E.K.K.A. (HP drain helps with Lu Bu's 1 hp skill and awakenings)

I am 55k exp away from a Max level ronia, other than red dragons all exp is Kirin's right now (have all the evo material for her lvl 50 evo, and only missing gold keeper for ult evo.)

Cool, I have a bunch of people using Ronia leaders, so I figured it would be nice to have something to utilize them when I'm not just plowing through junk with Ltron. I'd rather spend the XP on Lu Bu rather than Satan awakenings just because I'm not a huge fan of using him except in no RCVs.

Hydronium

Neo Member
What is the standard Kirin team? I guess the HP threshold is 17k?

The subs for the team would be echidna, verche/angelion, valkyrie, and a blue sub. I use a max skill hera-is for my blue sub, but siegfried is a great choice too. The most important monster though is a max skill echidna. I use her delay on the light keeper floor and get to activate it again during the gold keeper floor. You essentially have 7 turns to burn down all the left over hp after gravities, which isn't too bad. The HP threshold is about 17k.

Okamid3n

Had never tried Satan when I was luci only. Just used my Kirin team, lol.

So did I. Insanely easy clear with Kirin, I wish I did it earlier in the day so I'd have enough stamina to farm 3 of them for awakenings.

...or is it better to just use three tamadras? It's a lot of exp to blow, otherwise.

linsivvi

So did I. Insanely easy clear with Kirin, I wish I did it earlier in the day so I'd have enough stamina to farm 3 of them for awakenings.

...or is it better to just use three tamadras? It's a lot of exp to blow, otherwise.

Just use the tamadras. They are now farmable and you will get at least at least 4-5 from events plus 2-3 from S rank clear every month.

A well-built Satan team also opens up a lot of possibilities for clearing end game contents.

Okamid3n

Yeah, good point. I'll have time to do another quick run of the dungeon before the end of the day for a second Satan (as a possible sub for a Satan team? not that my current team cost limit would let me make a decent team with two of those right now) and maaaaybe a cerberus drop, if lucky.

Quantum

Doh. Sometimes I hate hitting the wrong dungeon. Farming plants with a mindless team then hitting the 50 stamina dungeon by mistake and realizing it only as you see you just burned 50 stamina.

I guess you can't have an exit dungeon for free choice because it would allow people to get a nice first floor set up, but damn it sucks.

maks

Does the DBZ rem seems to have worse than usual gold egg rates? I'm scared to roll if this comes to US.

10% gold egg rate in collab REMs isn't bad, since you're pulling from such a limited pool of monsters. With only 2 gold eggs in the DBZ REM, you have a 1-in-20 chance of pulling Goku specifically. That's super good odds for trying to pull a specific gold egg monster.

edit: Wait, looks like there's 4 Golds. So 1-in-40. Still better than pulling for a specific God during Godfest, but much less than I first thought.

maks

I've seen some screenshots of some nightmare pulls. 5 Yamchas in a row, 12 silvers in a row, etc. Looks like its just a side effect of having such a large collab.

Ducarmel

i would say he is the best one with goku coming in a close second. like someone said before he is sort of a haku with ra type of monster.

padx listed his skill wrong, his leader skill caps at 3.5x atk, he is just like the other tri color chinese gods.

Tobe

*It’s time to get your GROOVE back!*
[Duration]: 6/9 (Mon), midnight - 6/22 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Everyone’s favorite Invaders from Space have returned with some slick new dance moves. Awoken Skills and a new Ultimate Evolution make the Groove Coaster Collab groovier than ever! If that wasn’t enough to get your toes tapping, the Dungeon has returned with an all new psychedelic space background to match the far-out, remixed Puzzle & Dragons soundtrack!
10390156_853670744661519_238147723058342865_n.jpg

beaten

Stuck at Hyperon Lava Flow, Lava Tube. Two teams currently:

DQDX, Black Knight, Ancient Dragon Knight, Keeper of Gold, Samurai Goblin.

Kirin, Ancient Dragon Knight, Samurai Goblin, Heavy Infanty Hobgoblin, Sapphire Pendraga.

I assume I'm not supposed to be able to get past this point without getting better subs. I can't stall on the opening floors because if the leader skill activates it kills everyone, but if the leader skill doesnt activate I cant do enough damage to kill regular enemies before they all beat my face in.

Gonna take it slower and work on improving my Siren and evolving my Big Shynee. And then get an Echidna whenever her dungeon comes up again.

Kirin, Ancient Dragon Knight, Samurai Goblin, Heavy Infanty Hobgoblin, Sapphire Pendraga.

I assume I'm not supposed to be able to get past this point without getting better subs. I can't stall on the opening floors because if the leader skill activates it kills everyone, but if the leader skill doesnt activate I cant do enough damage to kill regular enemies before they all beat my face in.

Gonna take it slower and work on improving my Siren and evolving my Big Shynee. And then get an Echidna whenever her dungeon comes up again.

One potential alternative is to pair with an Isis or Horus instead, so with the right maneuvering you get a partial multiplier.

Tobe

wait you didnt get an echidna? how come?

Top Bottom