• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

colinp

Banned
Valk is one that everyone needs to get at some point. Healer girl farming is fantastic and mindless. While running Mythical for a guaranteed drop is nice, you may consider farming her on Legend as the team requirements are significantly more lenient. It may take you a handful of runs, but it's a lot safer on your stones to do that vs hope you can out stone Mythical.

Thanks for the tip! Was debating with myself which to run. Will def give Legend a go and hope for the best. Really hoping she'll show up in the second half of this event. Looking at past appearances of the descend it seems she is about due.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the tip! Was debating with myself which to run. Will def give Legend a go and hope for the best. Really hoping she'll show up in the second half of this event. Looking at past appearances of the descend it seems she is about due.

Sure thing - I peak my head in here all the time, but I don't post much anymore since quitting. Haven't seen if you've posted your box...Who are your main leaders? I'm SURE someone can help give you some direction on putting together a solid 0-stone Legend team. Who knows, you MAY even have a Mythical team hiding in there (and if you can get by with 1-2 stones on Mythical, that WILL be the way to go).

colinp

Banned
Sure thing - I peak my head in here all the time, but I don't post much anymore since quitting. Haven't seen if you've posted your box...Who are your main leaders? I'm SURE someone can help give you some direction on putting together a solid 0-stone Legend team. Who knows, you MAY even have a Mythical team hiding in there (and if you can get by with 1-2 stones on Mythical, that WILL be the way to go).

Kirin is my main. Was wondering if it's a good idea to lead with her on a Valk run though...? I don't think I have a strong mythical team but I'm all ears!

I usually run Kirin, Karin (for stats and dual, I know her skill is useless!), Enchilada, Verche and ECO Tiny.

I was hoping I could get by with dual Kirins on Legend at the very least.. Sound like a plan?

T7PxaQ2.jpg

Also a low level Dark Dragon Knight, Mark 2 Golem and Devil Dragon not in the pic.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You can do Legend (depending on skill levels and your matching skill) with:

Kirin/Kirin + Echidna/Verche/busty Chu/???

The last slot is flexible...If you can busty and level your Susano, his def boost is rad and makes your life safer since she'll hit you for a lot.

I wouldn't bother with Mythical unless you want to poop stones. Keep in mind that folks have had terrible luck with Legend drops in the past, but it WILL happen if you run it enough, haha.

J0dy77

Has anyone done the friday Mythic dungeon with a valk team? I'm trying to find a consistent team to avoid trolling and can't see why this wouldn't work. HP would be above the dmg threshold for round 3 and could use King shinee and board setup for a 2 shot on bosses? Thoughts?

I'm going to give it a try, anyone with a +297 valk they can put up?

colinp

Banned
You can do Legend (depending on skill levels and your matching skill) with:

Kirin/Kirin + Echidna/Verche/busty Chu/???

The last slot is flexible...If you can busty and level your Susano, his def boost is rad and makes your life safer since she'll hit you for a lot.

I wouldn't bother with Mythical unless you want to poop stones. Keep in mind that folks have had terrible luck with Legend drops in the past, but it WILL happen if you run it enough, haha.

By busty Chundo you mean Siegfried...? I don't have Chu yet!

Will work on Susano in the mean time. Def don't want to poop stones so I'll stick to Legend. ;)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
By busty Chundo you mean Siegfried...? I don't have Chu yet!

Will work on Susano in the mean time. Def don't want to poop stones so I'll stick to Legend. ;)

Oh sorry - that's Zeal I see, not Chu! Hmm...Thinking about it, I didn't cover blue. So busty Sieg would probably cover that aspect of it!

So Kirin/Kirin + Echidna/Sieg/Verche/Susano. Stall on masks, pop Susano on r4 ONLY if you need it, otherwise check PDX for the threshold for popping him on Valk. Depending on the slvl of your Echidna, the option to pop her on r4 and use Susano on r5 to finish charging Echidna for when she pops her shield.

Legend is very doable with a team like that. The nice thing about Valk is that her dungeon was before shit got really insane with tons of skill binds, awakening binds, poison, etc etc etc. So you really only have to deal with monster bindings, shields, and res moves.

Actually, when you consider awakenings, you could probably breeze through Legend with that team above.

colinp

Banned
Oh sorry - that's Zeal I see, not Chu! Hmm...Thinking about it, I didn't cover blue. So busty Sieg would probably cover that aspect of it!

So Kirin/Kirin + Echidna/Sieg/Verche/Susano. Stall on masks, pop Susano on r4 ONLY if you need it, otherwise check PDX for the threshold for popping him on Valk. Depending on the slvl of your Echidna, the option to pop her on r4 and use Susano on r5 to finish charging Echidna for when she pops her shield.

Legend is very doable with a team like that. The nice thing about Valk is that her dungeon was before shit got really insane with tons of skill binds, awakening binds, poison, etc etc etc. So you really only have to deal with monster bindings, shields, and res moves.

Actually, when you consider awakenings, you could probably breeze through Legend with that team above.

Do you think it's better to go with Siegs bust with light subtype or fire? I'm not sure I'll be able to get another Keeper of Gold easily so realistically speaking I'm probably stuck with fire.

Lots of leveling to do to get to that point where I can run that team. I'll focus on Sieg and Susano- thanks!

Ducarmel

Second Meimei busty is looking like Lilith to much she rocks it better but she biting of Lilith style a little bit.

Izanagi looks baller.

Grodin looks ok but probably will still be outdated.

I have been ignoring running a Athena for too long I have the team to beat her but I never needed her so I never bothered to get her.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do you think it's better to go with Siegs bust with light subtype or fire? I'm not sure I'll be able to get another Keeper of Gold easily so realistically speaking I'm probably stuck with fire.

Lots of leveling to do to get to that point where I can run that team. I'll focus on Sieg and Susano- thanks!

Sieg only had one busty when I was playing, so someone else can weigh in on that. I don't imagine you can go wrong with either right now, but later down the line, one may have more use than another.

Jagernaut

GOdin is geting stat boost + 3 more auto heals (4 auto heals total). So 2000 heal per turn.

2000 auto heal is nice. I hope he gets an attack boost, his hp and rcv are already very good. I'm glad I have a max skilled and awoken GOdin, this makes him a better sub for rainbow teams.

razterik

2000 auto heal is nice. I hope he gets an attack boost, his hp and rcv are already very good. I'm glad I have a max skilled and awoken GOdin, this makes him a better sub for rainbow teams.

Minor stat boosts. Good enough. Official page is up.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140613_sinka.html

Wonder how long it will take for the rest of the special gods to get ultimates...Blue Odin is probably next, but might get beat by Dark Tron because dark.

I would skip Siegfried since you have ultimate Kirin. Make a King Bubblie instead. Use him and activate Kirin on boss stage, more than enough to take down Mythical.

Izanagi looks like he gets fire sub attribute, I wonder if he will be attacker or Physical sub type.

Also I wonder what kind of change he will get.

Fire sub with Physical would probably be pretty good. Still want a skill up monster (even a really rare one). his active max skilled would be a game changer.

quin

Neptune gets 1.5x god attack when his skill is active.

No more 100-110 cost monsters. Haha

Zerog hets a 3.5atk, 1.35hp leaderskill now as well.

The zeus dungeon was brutal...

razterik

You run Vulcan already? It didn't look too bad in the stream. What'd you take in? All those red orbs are begging for a dark team featuring Hanzo(s).

raiot

Puzzledragonx states that athena will get 2 additional two pronged attacks and a green row boost. If this is true Athena will be a MONSTER... Match 4 light orbs and her Attack will be:

1901 * 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 6416 OUCH!

razterik

It was an error. Just one more two prong (2 total). Other awakenings are green row enhance and skill boost. She will still put out a sick amount of damage, but her active skill is completely mismatched now. Hope she flips to G/L, light attackers are too rare.

Okamid3n

Gods I want from the godfest:

1231 Cao Cao
1233 Sun Quan
1237 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
1239 Lu Bu

638 Fallen Angel Lucifer

And any special gods beside the beard guy.

I really shouldn't roll.

Tobe

I wouldn't want to get FA luci,even tho he is pretty godly if you had him max skilled. Now that ppl can't skill him right now. I would want belial he is pretty good for my ronia team since I only have the dark version of it.

J0dy77

So the Valk team is definitely doable for Mythical Friday Dungeon. I was an idiot and forgot to bring King Shynee so I had a hard time geting through both lits. I wound up with light on the board with under 20% health when he wiped me.

Althane

I'm trying to decide what my next goal is in P&D. I've been playing pretty blah lately, spent my stam running for Dragon Flowers (evoing the green drops from the collab for Artemis) yesterday, doing Pengdra village today.

I need to tackle Hera, but at the same time, pretty sure I'm not ready for it. Need to figure out how to get my team and personal skills ready. Any suggestions?

The team I was going to take was:

L: Chaos Devil Dragon
1: Enchantress of the Sea, Siren (Max Awakened, not max anything else)
2: AB Bluebird Blues (For poison)
3: Empress of Serpents, Echidna (Max skills + Awakenings)
4: Rainbow Keeper (HP tanks!)
F: Grodin or evo'd Grodin

Team sits at just over 8k HP, which I don't really think is enough. What HP goal should I be aiming for? Anything farmable I should look to replace things for?

yami4ct

Those auto heals will make Ultimate GrOdin teams even better for basic farming. Stat boosts are nice too. He might actually see use as a sub on some of my teams now. Love the new design as well.

Is that a Zaerog team cost reduction I see? Freaking finally. Won't make his dragon teams really all that viable still, but at least he'll be less of a complete joke.

Stoof

As someone who is still pretty nooby at this game, does anyone run Zeal or some other dragon booster? Been mostly sticking to Ares since I have a bunch of fire monsters but I just Ultimate evo'd to get Zeal and I'd like to run a team with a bigger attack multiplier.

Jonsoncao

Banned
So the Valk team is definitely doable for Mythical Friday Dungeon. I was an idiot and forgot to bring King Shynee so I had a hard time geting through both lits. I wound up with light on the board with under 20% health when he wiped me.

How did you manage to get thru the second floor?

ccbfan

Can anyone with blue Noel please leave them on over night? I'll have mine up.

I think I have a completely safe xuan team using

Noel
Siren
Siren
Golem
Golem

Nothing specifically binds blue, low cost easy to max skill heart makers nice hp and def sticks in golems. Nothing green so no weaknesses.

As long as you have over 43000 hp you're set.

xCobalt

Can anyone with blue Noel please leave them on over night? I'll have mine up.

I think I have a completely safe xuan team using

Noel
Siren
Siren
Golem
Golem

Nothing specifically binds blue, low cost easy to max skill heart makers nice hp and def sticks in golems. Nothing green so no weaknesses.

As long as you have over 43000 hp you're set.

I can put up a max awoken gabriel.

J0dy77

How did you manage to get thru the second floor?

Lilith poison. Stalling on the first floor was easier and harder in some ways. Higher recovery makes it easier to tank hits on the first floor but the constant leader multiplier makes it more dangerous than zeus team.

I've said from the start of this dungeon that the only hard part of the dungeon is round 2. If you can find a way to get to round 3 easy every time you have a team that can clear it no problem. I just don't have the skill CD reduction mobs to do it.

Xuanhuang is here! I think I've got a similar "tank" team to CCBfan's except green (sorry CCB I don't have my blue Noel anymore)

Can anyone put up a Green Noel or an evolved Sylph? Either of those will get me way over the 43k you need to tank wukong and leilan (with iron wall stance and other defensive skills).

Alternatively I am tempted to try a UFO team with 25x, difficulty is second round with that team...

Zero_IYAD

Any team suggestions -links- for Xuanzang!?
Not sure how to build a team to take him down.
I have all Noels -except Fire- Max leveled.
G/L/D evolved Chasers at level 20.
& D/D Batman.

TsuXna

Any team suggestions -links- for Xuanzang!?
Not sure how to build a team to take him down.
I have all Noels -except Fire- Max leveled.
G/L/D evolved Chasers at level 20.
& D/D Batman.

Not sure that Chasers can clear master, sub bosses, hit quite hard so if you won't kill them quickly you are dead, beside Chasers have RCV problems.
Not sure about D/D Batman.
Do you have any spike leader unevolved ?

linsivvi

Cleared Xuanzang Legend with a ragtag Robin team.

Took a couple lucky skyfalls but it's doable.

Well 2 more pointless descended subs obtained.

Zero_IYAD

I didn't know evolved Robin's cost is 20!
Just cleared Legend.. Had to 1 stone the final round due to bad luck matching orbs.
Got both drops in the last 2 rounds so that's fine : )

tumblr_n75rlhkufX1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Kreed

mostly rem but uvo lilith is a farmable sub. but great ronia subs come usually from rem.

I think you're confusing Red Sonia with Blue Sonia. King Baddie, Hera-Ur, and Hera/Hera-Is are the main subs he needs and all of them are farmable. Vampire, Drawn Joker, and Lilith are also good but it depends on the dungeon. The other REM only devils are nice to haves, but aren't required for a great Red Sonia team.

Top Bottom