• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Uthred

Been sort of slacking on PAD for the past week, but hit Day 400 and with the free stones decided to pull three times:

Green Sonia (new, but shes the worst of the three I think?)
Fortyops (dupe, pulled him for the first time during the players choice rem)
Echida (super dupe, also already max skilled so shes no good for even a skill up)

Was sort of happy to get Green Sonia as she's new but, like every REM, that joy decreased with each subsequent pull ;)

Jagernaut

I think Green Sonia is the worst of the three as a leader because dragons in general are worse than devils or physical monsters but she would also be a good sub on a Wood/Balanced team.

colinp

Banned
So would it be a bad idea to 'poop stones' and brute force Goddess Descended on mythical? I'll have about 13 to burn, so to speak. I spent ten on Keeper of Gold, which was Mythical and, I think, completely worth it for me (love those Kirin ult evo awakenings!). Not to everyone's taste certainly, but I don't get my thrills pulling the REM so...? YOLO Goddess Mythical...?

linsivvi

So would it be a bad idea to 'poop stones' and brute force Goddess Descended on mythical? I'll have about 13 to burn, so to speak. I spent ten on Keeper of Gold, which was Mythical and, I think, completely worth it for me (love those Kirin ult evo awakenings!). Not to everyone's taste certainly, but I don't get my thrills pulling the REM so...? YOLO Goddess Mythical...?

I don't know if you can do it, but if you do, you have 2 choices:

1) Use Echidna and hope that you have enough to kill her in 4 turns.
or
2) Let her bind you and kill you before you start trying to damage her.

Why? Because she can either heal herself 3 times, or bind you once and heal herself once. If you're going to throw stones, you want the second thing to happen, and for that to happen you will need to let her bind you first.

colinp

Banned
Hmmmm interesting, good to know, thanks! Wonder if I can do it or not haha. I'd be using Kirin x2 as my leaders so would be shooting for x25 attacks. Maybe I'll try Legend once and see how many stones it takes first.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hmmmm interesting, good to know, thanks! Wonder if I can do it or not haha. I'd be using Kirin x2 as my leaders so would be shooting for x25 attacks. Maybe I'll try Legend once and see how many stones it takes first.

This is the best approach as it will allow you to gauge your comfort with stalling for skills, too!

ccbfan

I have one but it's only level 10 and I'm not sure if we're friends

I tried adding you but your friend list was full.

Also not sure if you know since your noel is not maxed leveled but a max leveled Noel gives 1.5 mil exp.

For me it fine though since I have enough hp

Colby

I did five pulls:

Green Archangel
Liu Bei
Yellow Archangel
Fallen Angel Lucifer
Sylph

I'm not sure how much I'll use those guys, or if they are useful at all, but I'm happy to get all-new monsters. Even Sylph is useful, since I evolved my other Sylph without realizing how good it is with Leeks for low cost mayhem.

FZZ

Banned
Saved up 15 PAL egg pulls for the chance to get an angelit.

First 10, 1 baby tama. Alright I guess.

Next 5 Dub Amelit and a Keeper of the Gold.

I swear to god. I have four keeper of the golds now, idk what to do with all of them since I don't have any monster that can use them for ult evos. Can Gungho just give me one angelit, just one. I really want an Attacker Leilan.

Nice. gonna pull then for 10.

And one more question: What's the best way to skill up the ogres? I'm trying to get a double Odin team ready to finally take down Legendary Earth.

Zero_IYAD

tumblr_n798ulghxT1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

ocean of heaven - sea god of heaven is supposedly the best.

all T5 dungeons after that are supposedly really good. so Hyperion lava flow to clayus prison. during 1.5x obviously.

Quantum

Just started playing this the other day ;-; kind of intimidated by all the posts in this thread of people with level 400+'s

Don't be. The early game and learning how to play is a tremendous amount of fun.

just read the OP a ton of good information there.

ccbfan

I.....

...have too many Tams.

AS someone whose had terrible luck with rare rolls and refuse to use tamas on dropable monsters.

I have 20+ tamas in my inventory and 20+ tamas in my mail. (Plus 3 baby tamas waiting to be evolved )

I'm seriously tempted to use my tamas on my fruit dragons.

J0dy77

Just started playing this the other day ;-; kind of intimidated by all the posts in this thread of people with level 400+'s

Don't be. You're at the really enjoyable part of the game. Completing the first tier of descended dungeons was the best part of the game. For a lot of us over level 400 we miss that and havent seen a fresh change to the game in a while.

Read through our OT 1 and this thread for any pointers. Work on getting a strong lead, reroll if you have to and building a team around it then start working towards descended dungeons, two heroes and Hera are the first goals.

Enjoy it, really great game in the very beginning.

xCobalt

AS someone whose had terrible luck with rare rolls and refuse to use tamas on dropable monsters.

I have 20+ tamas in my inventory and 20+ tamas in my mail. (Plus 3 baby tamas waiting to be evolved )

I'm seriously tempted to use my tamas on my fruit dragons.

I'll awaken my monsters regardless if they're rare or not if I use them consistently. Don't really feel like putting exp towards a monster that I'll end up feeding away, especially if its a light monster.

The good part of befriending a lot of high ranked players is that you can mooch off their high leveled monsters and breeze through a lot of otherwise difficult content.

am_dragon

Hi guys, give me a hand.

i can't beat tower of flare 1st level.

this is my monster box, any tips?

I got a Valk early too and still use her a ton. For dungeons you can't clear I would recommend getting some healer mobs, and Valk friends.

It can be a grind to get some of the key healers you need to fill out the Valk team but they are all farmable from normal dungeons and even the pal egg machine. Shynee, Naga, Echidna, and Mermaid, should be on your short list of cards to get. For the short term grab a bunch of Carbuncles and skill them up and level them, that 2.5x will get them hitting fairly hard. Add me 382,335,299 I have either Valk or Bastet up most of the time.

One tip is you could Evo your Valk 1 time, then you might want to wait until you have more team cost, because it goes from Great Valk - 18 to Princess Valk - 30. In the near term that could limit your team options.

Up to like 6* is easy with Valk, it's the content afterwards where you get stonewalled.

I disagree. Blazing Dragon was impossible. I had the evolved Valk, Siren, King Shynee, CoC Glorious Healer and Echidna. It wasn't possible to kill the 3 dragonettes in time without using shiny burst, and any one of them could OHKO you since healer teams have terrible HP. If you did the Shiny burst you'd be unable to bypass the defense of the dragon boss. Perhaps if I took the time to evolve all my subs, and feed some of them plus eggs, and max skill some of them. But that all takes a long time.

linsivvi

Blazing dragon was easy. You just need a starter dragon lead. I beat most of the normal dungeons with a starter dragon or ripper dragon.

Jagernaut

Blazing dragon was easy. You just need a starter dragon lead. I beat most of the normal dungeons with a starter dragon or ripper dragon.

Yes, a mono color team with starter dragon leader and a Greek 2.0 god helper (ex. Firedragon Grand Tyrannos + Ares) can clear a lot of dungeons. 2x hp, 4x atk, 2x rcv is pretty good.

razterik

That you, Verche?

Athena leader skill buff incoming. Hmm. 3x attackers? Would allow rider subs for double two prong teams. A low HP or RCV multiplier for gods would also be pretty strong.

Ultimates of Beelzebub, Fagan, and mech dragons getting more awakenings.

Up to like 6* is easy with Valk, it's the content afterwards where you get stonewalled.
Those are easy dungeons for established Valk teams but I bet it's a pain to start the game with her. She needs some hard-to-get evo mats (for a newbie) to reach her second form and that second form takes a ridiculous amount of exp to max.

First form is only a 2x multiplier so he really needs an evo'd helper until he can evo his own Valk.

quin

That you, Verche?

Athena leader skill buff incoming. Hmm. 3x attackers? Would allow rider subs for double two prong teams. A low HP or RCV multiplier for gods would also be pretty strong.

Ultimates of Beelzebub, Fagan, and mech dragons getting more awakenings.

Did you see Izanagi? This has to be a typo.

HP80%以上で,神タイプの攻撃力と回復力が3.5倍になる

3.5x attack AND rcv for god types. o_O that is amazing

raiot

Did you see Izanagi? This has to be a typo.

HP80%以上で,神タイプの攻撃力と回復力が3.5倍になる

3.5x attack AND rcv for god types. o_O that is amazing

I don't know... this 3.5x rcv above 80% is... dumb? It's only viable if paired with an HP x leader.

I have just finally learned how to play this game after watching a video, I was taking 2-3 turns setting up a chain of the same colour and now I realised that I can nudge things into place in one go! No wonder I was having so much trouble. So much time and stamina wasted.

FZZ

Banned
Got my fifth keeper of gold from PAL egg. I'd be happy but I have nothing to use them on :/, get trolled by REM and PAL egg won't give me an angelit.

shinjijai

so happy right now, i was dreading doing gold keeper today to evo belial i rolled in the recent godfest. then PAD god smiled upon me and i got it from the pal egg machine. it's a good day!

Top Bottom