• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

TsuXna

I will Uvo Yomi what is better DL or DD?

Depends on your team. If you don't have a decent amount of rcv and hp then go for DD Yomi.
Pros-
Stalling will be easier
More HP & RCV
Double dark will be useful in some cases...

On the other hand D/L yomi has high ATT, which makes her ridiculously strong.
Pros-
Can cover light sub
High Attack
Can be decent leader.
So you choose, personally i'd recommend D/D for Anubis team for the following reasons, Anubis is hard to play so you need time to setup the board which means you will have to take hits and therefore hp and rcv are vital in that team for stalling.
I use D/L Yomi in My Ra team as i have enough hp & rcv and all need is high attack.

Let's talk about Xuanzang Descended! - Max 20 Cost Each

What is everyone thinking for this dungeon? Lots of 5* gods can fit, but others like the devils and archangels can not.

I'm thinking of a tank team. Green Noel dragon, evo leek, 5* max skilled susano, green golem, and 6* sasuke (skill level 2). If I pair with another green Noel that is 35k, but I'm trying to see if I can get above 36k,

That would let me tank everything except for seven star formation, which I could iron wall stance through... Got a few more days for some more Hp...

Jagernaut

For Xuanzang, I'm considering a Fuu/unevolved DXDQ team with all healer subs. 4x atk and 2.5x hp. With a max skilled Echidna to delay when enemies drop to 50% hp.

For all my crappy rolls, I must be lucky for skill ups. Skilled up angelion, coc healer, and wicked lady to max thanks to that dungeon. Makes my Satan team much more viable because I don't have to wait for cool down.

colinp

Banned
After no mystic mask drops last week somehow I got two in one run today. Woo! Still need more, of course, but that's a nice start.

J0dy77

For Xuanzang, I'm considering a Fuu/unevolved DXDQ team with all healer subs. 4x atk and 2.5x hp. With a max skilled Echidna to delay when enemies drop to 50% hp.

I was looking through my box this morning and have nothing for this dungeon. Unevolved DQXQ that is leve 5 or lvl 30 unevolved Sakuya but no decent subs. I really dislike these low lvl dungeons since it goes completely against my play style. I always evolve anything worthwhile into final form as quickly as possible, just a personal thing.

Jagernaut

I was looking through my box this morning and have nothing for this dungeon. Unevolved DQXQ that is leve 5 or lvl 30 unevolved Sakuya but no decent subs. I really dislike these low lvl dungeons since it goes completely against my play style. I always evolve anything worthwhile into final form as quickly as possible, just a personal thing.

I always evolve or ultimate evolve my monsters as soon as possible, makes them stronger and frees up box space. These cost limited dungeons are basically punishment for having a well developed roster. You have to scrounge up a team of scrubs, unleveled dupes, and neglected monsters.

ccbfan

What is everyone thinking for this dungeon? Lots of 5* gods can fit, but others like the devils and archangels can not.

I'm thinking of a tank team. Green Noel dragon, evo leek, 5* max skilled susano, green golem, and 6* sasuke (skill level 2). If I pair with another green Noel that is 35k, but I'm trying to see if I can get above 36k,

That would let me tank everything except for seven star formation, which I could iron wall stance through... Got a few more days for some more Hp...

I'm going with something similar except with Blue.

Blue Noel
Siren (Fully Skilled, Awoken)
Siren (Fully skilled, a + egg holder)
Water Mech (Fully skilled)
Water Mech

Nothing has high defense so I'm good there and nothing bind water except the minotaur which only does it once to one monster.

The extra water mech is only there for HP reasons, need to have over 42672 HP.

It'll take me probably an hour to complete but it seems almost guaranteed win.

am_dragon

Are the Octopus v1 work even worth evoing or just spend stones to run master over and over on 2x? This morning 40 stam dropped 1 octopus. 44k xp to max, 3 red evo masks which took an additional 50 xp to get out of Room of the Mask. Then no skill up.

My Ares is at Lvl 4 so I'd like to max him out while this is on. The dungeon is even more frustrating because I have no Artemis or Idunn&Idunna, and it seems like every run I get 4 Squid or Crab and 1 Octopus.

Zero_IYAD

Feeding 2 Red Tamas to R.Odin & getting 2 skill ups feels so good :")
Finally some fair treatment!
2 more skill ups to go..
Can't wait till am done with that shitty dungeon.

Jagernaut

Are the Octopus v1 work even worth evoing or just spend stones to run master over and over on 2x? This morning 40 stam dropped 1 octopus. 44k xp to max, 3 red evo masks which took an additional 50 xp to get out of Room of the Mask. Then no skill up.

My Ares is at Lvl 4 so I'd like to max him out while this is on. The dungeon is even more frustrating because I have no Artemis or Idunn&Idunna, and it seems like every run I get 4 Squid or Crab and 1 Octopus.

I would run Universe or 2x drop Master as much as possible for the evolved octopi before the dungeon ends. Save the unevolved ones, feed them your unwanted monsters, and then evolve them over time and feed during 2x skillups.

I finished max skilling GOdin after the EVA dungeon closed and am still skilling up Haku.

Tobe

Since I don't have ares :( I just feeding the octopus to himself. Got 4 skill ups in a row, this game goddamit. Also I have no luck in getting blue evolved crabs for i&i. Got one gc crab that invaded, is he any good?

Skill ups dont transfer like plus eggs do they? Like if I fed a max skilled Echidna to a non-maxed skilled Echidna the end result would not be a max skilled Echidna, right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Skill ups dont transfer like plus eggs do they? Like if I fed a max skilled Echidna to a non-maxed skilled Echidna the end result would not be a max skilled Echidna, right?

Correct. However, skillups do transfer through evolution assuming the skill of the stage 2 evo is the EXACT SAME NAME as the skill from the stage 1 evo.

Tobe

skill up transfer should be possible, still you need to farm the materials, still you need to feed it. i really wish i had an ares right now.

Even if you could transfer skillups like that, would you even want to risk the chance of an unsuccessful skillup? It's not like they behave like +eggs and awakenings in the 1st place which are 100% (baby TAMs aside).

coy

My lady has Ra, U&Y, and recently received Kirin from PCGF, but she still has Valk up 95% of the time. However, after also pulling DQXQ from PCGF, I think she is finally going to change her leader. It doesn't bother me that she still has Valk up, but I just wish she would not just use but even remember she has those other characters. When she asks me things like "how do I S-rank the Flower Dragons?", that's when I point to her Monster Box and select Ra/U&Y for her.

Jonsoncao

Banned

I will put on my un-evolved Ame.

Ame, Gigas, Gigas, Echidna, Ifrit will be my team.

Hige

My lady has Ra, U&Y, and recently received Kirin from PCGF, but she still has Valk up 95% of the time. However, after also pulling DQXQ from PCGF, I think she is finally going to change her leader. It doesn't bother me that she still has Valk up, but I just wish she would not just use but even remember she has those other characters. When she asks me things like "how do I S-rank the Flower Dragons?", that's when I point to her Monster Box and select Ra/U&Y for her.
I don't blame her. None of those are particularly easy to use if you just want to farm or do non-descend stuff. I have Kirin and I only use her for descends. DQXQ should be a good transition monster, though. I still use Valk once I run out of Ronia friends because it's more relaxing than using Horus or Kirin.

yami4ct

Pulled on the Pink REM mostly in hopes of a Venus. Got a Red Valk. Not sure how I'll use her, but she seems like a good second choice.

TsuXna

37573c4da14da1e.jpg

[JP] Zeus Vulcan

Skill: delay 1 turn + atkx50 to all enemies
L. Skill: hp<=80%, atkx4 for dragon
Welcome poorman's red Guan Yu.

razterik

More like dragon Dark Tron, only worse cause dragons. Subs are Ronia, Guan Yu, Uriel, Dino Rider, Ifrit, Strawberry...

He's not terrible, but likely if you can run his dungeon, you probably have better.

Might be a useful sub for some. L/L Fagan could probably use him. Depends on what his final stats are and how low his cool down goes (12 turns?).

Abandond

I'm finally getting back into this game. Been wanting to play but had some phone issues. Any bigger changes since they released Sakuya and the other girls? I'm still running Horus with cu cu, sieg, valk and sod lucifer as of now.

I could use some friends :) ID: 338951210.

TsuXna

More like dragon Dark Tron, only worse cause dragons. Subs are Ronia, Guan Yu, Uriel, Dino Rider, Ifrit, Strawberry...

He's not terrible, but likely if you can run his dungeon, you probably have better.

Might be a useful sub for some. L/L Fagan could probably use him. Depends on what his final stats are and how low his cool down goes (12 turns?).

There's no point in using him if you already have Red Guan Yu.
Subs: Ronia, Uriel, Strawberry, Ronia (Dino Rider) should make a strong team raw enhance team.
As for L/L Fagan team Dragon Monk will be much better sub.
Beside Zues Vulcan team can be much stronger and stable than Fagans.

razterik

Different leaders for different dungeons. I was thinking more about his own merits rather than comparing to other leaders, anyway. Will hold judgement until his final info is out.

quin

The puzzle dragon Z monsters might make nice subs for him. There is the hydra(same skill as Orochi) and Anima. Plus Gouku and Yamcha might fit well too. I'm kind of excited for him.

Having four Sonias and no Guan Yu might be the cause of this excitement though...

I think Gungho is try to make dragons relevant again.

razterik

Dragons have been a thing again since Green Sonia, really.

Z series will work nicely. Always forget about stuff the US version doesn't have...

am_dragon

Sometimes this game is just not fun. 140 stamina for 1 dragon fruit, I need 5 for the baby tamadras and the snow globe. Normally I've got 5-6 hanging around but I somehow started the week with none. I've been running normal dungeons all week that drop them without a sighting. Now the Thursday dungeon won't give them up. They have to be controlling this.

"OK this week we are giving snow globes and we had the baby tamadra dungeon up. Lets turn the dragon fruit drops off, so they spend stones."

Jagernaut

I have 3 fully awakened Ronias so I'm interested in Zeus Vulcan. He is a dragon DTron (with less awakenings).

Althane

Sometimes this game is just not fun. 140 stamina for 1 dragon fruit, I need 5 for the baby tamadras and the snow globe. Normally I've got 5-6 hanging around but I somehow started the week with none. I've been running normal dungeons all week that drop them without a sighting. Now the Thursday dungeon won't give them up. They have to be controlling this.

"OK this week we are giving snow globes and we had the baby tamadra dungeon up. Lets turn the dragon fruit drops off, so they spend stones."

Can always practice patience!

Quantum

Can always practice patience!

NEVER!

everything in the game is designed to take advantage of patience or lack thereof. Totally can wait the week to evo this shiny new mob - then you don't get the drop - you can totally wait another week....

Do I think they rig the statistics against players to maximize need to use stones?

Wouldn't you?

no where does it say the statistics for each drop or that anything in the game is actually random.

the truth is the game is not random at all.

I mentioned it before - the first floor of *every* dungeon, when you start the set-up is never random - as opposed to some other match 3 rpgs like say DW legacy.

Genji

*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 6/14 (Sat), 8:00 PM - 6/15 (Sun), 7:59 PM (PDT)

To commemorate our 4 million downloads milestone, we’re having a special three series Godfest! For 24 hours, Three Kingdoms, Angels, and Demons descend at the Rare Egg Machine!

On top of that, we've also added in their 6&#9733; evolved forms as well. That means twice as many gods have a chance to appear!

- Three Kingdoms -
1231 Cao Cao
1233 Sun Quan
1235 Liu Bei
1237 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
1239 Lu Bu

- Angels -
620 Archangel Uriel
622 Archangel Gabriel
624 Archangel Michael
626 Archangel Raphael
628 Archangel Lucifer

- Demons -
630 Belial
632 Amon
634 Astaroth
636 Baal
638 Fallen Angel Lucifer

- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu

Since I have five stones I will have 1 pull.

The chance of getting a Belial, Lu Bu, or special god is to much. Belial would make my Ronia team just as awesome with Red as it is with Dark. Lu Bu would replace King Baddie on Ronia team,

Can't get one unless you pull... I will not IAP though, no more IAP...

Genji

Since I have five stones I will have 1 pull.

The chance of getting a Belial, Lu Bu, or special god is to much. Belial would make my Ronia team just as awesome with Red as it is with Dark. Lu Bu would replace King Baddie on Ronia team,

Can't get one unless you pull... I will not IAP though, no more IAP...

I'm looking for the same 2 gods and will also just do 1 pull with the free stones they have been giving out. Belial or Lu Bu would be great for Ronia.

Quantum

I have 50% of the above list - I probably will not roll and just continue to work on my team and use the coab to rank up as I've never aggressively tried to rank up, but it seems so much better from a stamina standpoint.

I'm tempted to roll again in the sticker rem cuz I'd really like a venus. probably somewhat alcohol intake dependent during the godfest.

colinp

Banned
Think I'm going to save my stones for Goddess Descended, whenever she shows up again. I need Valkyrie and am not sure I have an adequate team to get her without stoning!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Think I'm going to save my stones for Goddess Descended, whenever she shows up again. I need Valkyrie and am not sure I have an adequate team to get her without stoning!

Valk is one that everyone needs to get at some point. Healer girl farming is fantastic and mindless. While running Mythical for a guaranteed drop is nice, you may consider farming her on Legend as the team requirements are significantly more lenient. It may take you a handful of runs, but it's a lot safer on your stones to do that vs hope you can out stone Mythical.

Top Bottom