• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Quantum

So jealous of the lucky pulls from the pal machine, I would like a kog, but it looks like I might have to do it the old fashioned way and brute force it.

Having tons of problems with my dqxq team due to low hp, I was running dungeons for plus eggs over the last few days with horrible results. Like seeing almost none.

Thinking about switching over to working on a kirin team - although harder to proc, seems like much more damage. Although seems to run into the same issue of hp, and needs late game + eggs.

Really love my +297 friends and fully understand how much effort it takes to make one - let alone a full team full.

razterik

With the new athena? Her new leader skill adds 1.35x hp for god types.

So it is HP boost then. Nice. Double Athena with godly HP. Too bad about her active, though. Wish it had a secondary affect.

Izanagi seems futile? If you're above 80% after being hit, one set of heal orbs in a combo should be plenty even without a modifier. If you're below, you get no bonus anyway, so it doesn't make a difference that I can see. Physical is kinda worthless aside from the stat boost. You won't run him on a physical team without gods. Now if he boosted physical and gods...

J0dy77

With the new athena? Her new leader skill adds 1.35x hp for god types.

Ultimate Athena /
God / Attacker
3018/2101/ 0
+200/+200/0
LS: 3x ATK and 1.25x HP to god types (YamaP tweet)
Additional awakenings: 2 prong atk, Green row enhance, skill reduction

That is a really impressive upgrade. Make a row enhance light/green team with the additional HP and already high recovery has real potential.

keiichi

Quantum who do you have on your DXDQ team? I recently roll her and am debating going the healer route or a light dominated team

Quantum who do you have on your DXDQ team? I recently roll her and am debating going the healer route or a light dominated team

I went the healer route so I can pair her with Valk or L.Tron or another DxDq depending on availability. Using

DxDq
Ech
Valk
Fairlio/L.Tron
Lilith
<valk/l.tron/dxdq>

Quantum

DQXQ/Ech/Valk/Shynee/Baal/DQXQ

the Shynee/Baal are changed often, but shynee helps the spike of the healers and Baal is a decent stat stick with excellent awakenings (2 light row enhance, 2 turn reduction)

max HP for me is around 13k. (most decend killer teams have 16-17k with the help of a large number of + 297 mobs)

I have other mobs to consider although they need to ult evo/ complete awakenings.

potentials include (that I own)

sun quan - potentially can replace both shynee and enc for smaller delay and smaller boost an freeing up a spot.
light meta - dungeon dependent, no bind/bind reduction (not ult evo'd)
kirin - mini gravity, mediocre stat stick
fairlio - picked up my valk really late in my game so haven't really used but know its a staple on healer teams.

Mobs I don't own but would want:
venus or yomi - combined with a row enhance set up, change the world can do excellent damage.

J0dy77

I went the healer route so I can pair her with Valk or L.Tron or another DxDq depending on availability. Using

DxDq
Ech
Valk
Fairlio/L.Tron
Lilith
<valk/l.tron/dxdq>

DQXQ/Ech/Valk/Shynee/Baal/DQXQ

the Shynee/Baal are changed often, but shynee helps the spike of the healers and Baal is a decent stat stick with excellent awakenings (2 light row enhance, 2 turn reduction)

max HP for me is around 13k. (most decend killer teams have 16-17k with the help of a large number of + 297 mobs)

I have other mobs to consider although they need to ult evo/ complete awakenings.

potentials include (that I own)

sun quan - potentially can replace both shynee and enc for smaller delay and smaller boost an freeing up a spot.
light meta - dungeon dependent, no bind/bind reduction (not ult evo'd)
kirin - mini gravity, mediocre stat stick
fairlio - picked up my valk really late in my game so haven't really used but know its a staple on healer teams.

Mobs I don't own but would want:
venus or yomi - combined with a row enhance set up, change the world can do excellent damage.

The only way I can ever see myself replacing Horus with DQXQ is if I can get a very high HP Healer team with King Shynee. The ability to have that one turn burst with light damage focus is a big deal. Otherwise I'd just stick to mix and match Horus team and the 25x damage.

quin

Ultimate Athena /
God / Attacker
3018/2101/ 0
+200/+200/0
LS: 3x ATK and 1.25x HP to god types (YamaP tweet)
Additional awakenings: 2 prong atk, Green row enhance, skill reduction

That is a really impressive upgrade. Make a row enhance light/green team with the additional HP and already high recovery has real potential.

1.25x, interesting. I wonder why chose against 1.35.

linsivvi

The only way I can ever see myself replacing Horus with DQXQ is if I can get a very high HP Healer team with King Shynee. The ability to have that one turn burst with light damage focus is a big deal. Otherwise I'd just stick to mix and match Horus team and the 25x damage.

Sandalphon is strictly better than King Shynee though, and makes DQXQ a bit more attractive even when you have Horus/Kirin. 2-turn boost for 2x with 35% damage reduction and much better stats means you can take a hit and survive against most bosses.

Jagernaut

Sandalphon is strictly better than King Shynee though, and makes DQXQ a bit more attractive even when you have Horus/Kirin. 2-turn boost for 2x with 35% damage reduction and much better stats means you can take a hit and survive against most bosses.

25 turn cd is terrible though, they should lower it to 20 to start.

Ducarmel

:(

RNG is screwing me I'm not getting CRAB Ver.2 drops its been days since I got one. I'll max skill Octopus and Squid before my I&I, also killing my will to max skill K&M.

Tobe

:(

RNG is screwing me I'm not getting CRAB Ver.2 drops its been days since I got one. I'll max skill Octopus and Squid before my I&I, also killing my will to max skill K&M.

same here, crabs aint coming out.

now for something worthy, 2 pronged attack many have criticized it well because it sucked but well its the new row enhancement, making riders actualkly usefull

BEHOLD!
eMjujNB.jpg

razterik

The only thing I would look at is the bottom right corner in the first table. Basically when you have multiple two prong team members and can match multiple sets of four. It's a new luxury build. Nice that it uses less orbs than row enhance teams, but the sub pool is pretty limited right now. You can mix row enhance with two prong subs, but as far as I can tell, a single row match overrides two prong activation, even with a seperate four orb match.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Do I have a chance in hell for Goddess Descended or the sand dungeon? I want both of these monsters for my dqxq team.

The team I have available is:
DQXQ level 81/Echinda lvl 54/ rainbow keeper/ king shynee max lvl 50/ blue dragon fruit
(My team cost is too low and the fruit is the only thing with green that fits)

Total HP is around 7.5k :( With a good DQXQ leader friend I can get to roughly 10k.

Impossible?

linsivvi

The only thing I would look at is the bottom right corner in the first table. Basically when you have multiple two prong team members and can match multiple sets of four. It's a new luxury build. Nice that it uses less orbs than row enhance teams, but the sub pool is pretty limited right now. You can mix row enhance with two prong subs, but as far as I can tell, a single row match overrides two prong activation, even with a seperate four orb match.

Yeah it is a luxury build with a very limited pool even after the DBZ subs, and unlike traditional burst teams or row-enhanced teams, any utility sub without 2-prong attack will lower the overall damage.

Paprikas latest 2-prong videos are just disgusting, that new green REM god is crazy op with the right subs.

How does it work anyway, are all awakenings across your team combined into one like row enhance or is it just the ones with 2-prong that get it for themselves?

Ducarmel

Do I have a chance in hell for Goddess Descended or the sand dungeon? I want both of these monsters for my dqxq team.

The team I have available is:
DQXQ level 81/Echinda lvl 54/ rainbow keeper/ king shynee max lvl 50/ blue dragon fruit
(My team cost is too low and the fruit is the only thing with green that fits)

Total HP is around 7.5k :( With a good DQXQ leader friend I can get to roughly 10k.

Impossible?
Not likely on Legend, the only way I see that team being successful is if all your mobs are max leveled skilled and lots of plus eggs. You can make it to Valk with that team if you have at least 10k hp to stall on divine gold mask and able to kill MK.III and devils before they attack you, but I imagine you probably will fall short trying to one shot Valk.

Sandalphon you don't have a chance.

razterik

Official Facebook page is your best bet? You can try in-game support, but they probably won't understand your problem.

Your box isn't full and you have less than 50 messages in your mail, right? I've never heard of anyone with this issue.

box isn't full and only have 4 messages in my box. opened two. first day i thought i just forgot about using my forst tamadra, but sure enough. tried it yesterday and it didn't open again.

raiot

I finally found my reliable and fast Mask farming build to skill up Orochi!

Rebel Seraph Luciver (1 Skill bind resist)
Gryps Rider Vector Finn (1 Skill bind resist) <-- Can be any skill bind resist Monster (Dark is ideal)
Evil Darkdragon Vritra (1 Skill bind resist)
Dark-Eyed Dragon Monk, Xuanzang (1 Skill bind resist)
Demolishing Creator Shiva

You can also use Top Toydragon instead of Shiva.
Just kill Round 1-4 Masks before they kill you.
On 5 target the blue mask until all skills are up (around 9-15 rounds).
When all skills are up, kill the Green Mask.
Then:
Shiva -> Luci -300k -> Vritra -221k -> Xuanzang -> Luci -300k
If Vritra is not maxed, match orbs to kill the blue mask

Zero_IYAD

I'll just leave this here :|

As revealed by Murako today, Zhang Fei (&#24373;&#39131;) will be an upcoming descend boss.

Zhang Fei will be Attacker + Physical types (Murako source)

KHIhMKE.jpg
Attacker AND Physical!! That's something!

colinp

Banned
Valkyrie, get! Woo woo!

Dropped, miraculously, on my second Legend run. Nine stones! Ah hahahahahaha- totally worth it! I really f'd up on my first run and stubbornly (and foolishly) dropped the majority of stones on it. Of course it didn't drop! So I restored my stamina and jumped back in. Only took one or two stones my second run and hallelujah she dropped!

So what do you guys think, use my Light Snow Globe dragon leveling the 1.6 mil experience Valk or the 4 mil Valk? Kinda leaning towards holding it off for he 4 mil, but jeez who knows how long it'll take to get her 1.6...

raiot

Valkyrie, get! Woo woo!

Dropped, miraculously, on my second Legend run. Nine stones! Ah hahahahahaha- totally worth it! I really f'd up on my first run and stubbornly (and foolishly) dropped the majority of stones on it. Of course it didn't drop! So I restored my stamina and jumped back in. Only took one or two stones my second run and hallelujah she dropped!

So what do you guys think, use my Light Snow Globe dragon leveling the 1.6 mil experience Valk or the 4 mil Valk? Kinda leaning towards holding it off for he 4 mil, but jeez who knows how long it'll take to get her 1.6...

It's just a small chance... but think about getting a GREAT or SUPER when fusing the Snow Globe to the little valk... :D

Zombine

Banned
So, I've been working on skilling up my first Ronia (lv 38) and my King Baddie (Lv 43), but I really want to know what an ideal RSonia team should look like. I've seen various builds, but they leave out other devils that I have like Lu Bu or Witch of The Night, Lilith.

Clearly, my rank is a problem (74), but I would still like to have a good idea of what I should be gunning for. I do have my two Ronia which is great, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated (I need to be able to actually beat my first descended before I add Hera to the team.)

Jonsoncao

Banned
Paprikas latest 2-prong videos are just disgusting, that new green REM god is crazy op with the right subs.

How does it work anyway, are all awakenings across your team combined into one like row enhance or is it just the ones with 2-prong that get it for themselves?

2-prong only applies for one team member, doesn't it?
Somehow that table is calculating the damage multiplier for the whole team?

razterik

I finally found my reliable and fast Mask farming build to skill up Orochi!

Gryps Rider Vector Finn (1 Skill bind resist) <-- Can be any skill bind resist Monster (Dark is ideal)
Evil Darkdragon Vritra (1 Skill bind resist)
Dark-Eyed Dragon Monk, Xuanzang (1 Skill bind resist)
Demolishing Creator Shiva (1 Skill bind resist)

You can also use Top Toydragon instead of Shiva.
Just kill Round 1-4 Masks before they kill you.
On 5 target the blue mask until all skills are up (around 9-15 rounds).
When all skills are up, kill the Green Mask.
Then:
Shiva -> Luci -300k -> Vritra -221k -> Xuanzang -> Luci -300k
If Vritra is not maxed, match orbs to kill the blue mask

Good thing you took 6 skill bind resist instead of the required 5. Shiva doesn't actually have that awakening skill. ;)

So, I've been working on skilling up my first Ronia (lv 38) and my King Baddie (Lv 43), but I really want to know what an ideal RSonia team should look like. I've seen various builds, but they leave out other devils that I have like Lu Bu or Witch of The Night, Lilith.

Clearly, my rank is a problem (74), but I would still like to have a good idea of what I should be gunning for. I do have my two Ronia which is great, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated (I need to be able to actually beat my first descended before I add Hera to the team.)

Going just by what you wrote, your prime team is eventually going to be Ronia/Ronia/Lu Bu/x/x/Ronia. Baddie is generally replaced by Lu Bu for the higher stats, although there are occasions you don't want the HP reduction and have to use Baddie. Triple Ronia is a fantastic setup. Lilith is a decent sub in the places you need multiple large bursts, such as King of Gods with back-to-back boss stages. I don't normally take her on my team, though. What you want in the remaining slots is usually a mix of row enhance members and orb changers. Generally, you would be looking at Shiva, Belial, DA Lucifer, Persephone, Gryps Rider, Vampire, Drawn Joker, Ifrit, Loki, Hades, Hera, and Hera-Ur.

Don't forget you can run Lu Bu lead with many of the same subs, including both Ronia. That can be a better choice in some dungeons.

2-prong only applies for one team member, doesn't it?
Somehow that table is calculating the damage multiplier for the whole team?

Left side indicates how many team members have two prong. As I understand it, the damage calculation is only for the awakenings, not total team damage. This data is before any leader multipliers are assessed.

Edit: Looked again and I think I was wrong. Seems like the first row has base team damage from orb matches prior to any awakenings. So it is total team damage, combining damage from two prong awakening members with the base damage from members without two prong (or double awakenings with single awakenings as you go farther down).

Jagernaut

I just max skilled my Ares using the evolved Octopus drops from Groove Coaster - Universe. I've been running it every day and using a stone a day for stamina refreshes. I wish I had an Artemis to feed the evolved Squids to.

I also evolved my last 4 Phantom Chasers and got my last skill up on Haku. Now I'm waiting for her devil ultimate evolution.

Good day for me.

Azusa

I'm trying to start this game. I have read some guides and after countless rerolls pulled Great Valkyrie. Is it good or I should reroll again?

J0dy77

25 turn cd is terrible though, they should lower it to 20 to start.

Basically this ^^. King Shynee has a bigger damage boost and is on 15 to 10 turn CD. 25 Turns is brutal and I'm not going to grind that down to 15, that dungeon was tough. I would rather use her but 25 turns is really hard to stall on most of the newer descended dungeons.

I might make getting her down to 15 a long term goal but with the rarity of the dungeon, the difficulty of farming and the brutal nature of skillups in this game I'll take a pass.

I'm trying to start this game. I have read some guides and after countless rerolls pulled Great Valkyrie. Is it good or I should reroll again?
She's decent. Completely trivializes early game content, has farmable subs, and is a perennially favorite sub on many teams herself. Her main weaknesses are her inability to tackle most end-game content and the fact that she's attainable outside of the REM - albeit from a very difficult dungeon. Her incredible versatility is the sole reason she even makes it onto some starter roll lists despite being farmable.

I started with a Valk on my JP account and was happy to roll her... after rolling another acceptable starter down the line to tackle the content she couldn't.

Top Bottom