• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Finally re-max skilled my Artemis, still kinda frosty of them lowering her cooldown two days after I maxed and ate my unevolved squids.

Only took a stone and four days to get those last two skill ups (got three on UFO as well) but none on kittyn and Mittyn.

Might give Hera-beorc a shot with my Kirin team (for the stone). Or I might do emerald supers. Haven't decided

Kirin, two heroes. are the regular usage of the GK.

now if you want to be a total baller just go and gattai the mechdragons.

Speaking of, can a non UVO'd Kirin team reliably clear Keeper of Gold? Or do I have to hope to get lucky with the Pal Egg Machine to get the Keeper to ultimate evo my Kirin?

Ducarmel

^
Of course she can how do you think people beat the dungeon in the first place.

Just updated my padherder for the first time using PadListener wihich does it automatically and I need some advice.

I need two devilits for my haku's and need a team that can get em. Any advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h8NYCaXJEo

You can somewhat build a little weaker similar team. Since you don't have a second Ronia you will need to use max awoken Grodin, and use Belial over Archdemon Lucifer.

^
Of course she can how do you think people beat the dungeon in the first place.

With some other leader perhaps.

Anyway I've been grinding Witches Ball for quite awhile and still no Echidna. DQDX has been a fantastic leader thus far, but I will transition slowly to Kirin for descends once I get Echidna and have higher team cost capacity. Only thing I dislike about both of them is that neither can make a simple farming team since they all require comboing a certain number of colors.

Speaking of Kirin, the following subs are farmable: Valk, Verche, Hera-Is.

But how exactly am I supposed to farm Valk/Verche/Hera-Is without those star subs in the first place?

Ducarmel

Well Verche is trivial to get just wait for his survey dungeon, or when Castle of Satan is dropping mystic knights during an event.

Hera-is dungeon can be tackled with Resist/Odin team, just have to play legend and hope she drops.

Valk legend is doable with Dark Liege Vamp/D'spinas with a Lucifer friend and you have dark subs like Hera, drawn joker, etc and some vids show Chu Chu Balanced teams have done it.

Well Verche is trivial to get just wait for his survey dungeon, or when Castle of Satan is dropping mystic knights during an event.

Hera-is dungeon can be tackled with Resist/Odin team, just have to play legend and hope she drops.

Valk legend is doable with Dark Liege Vamp/D'spinas with a Lucifer friend and you have dark subs like Hera, drawn joker, etc and some vids show Chu Chu Balanced teams have done it.

That sounds.... hrmm. I don't have an Odin. Nor any particular resist monsters.

As for the Valk legend dungeon. I'd basically have to grind a completely new team with entirely different monsters in order to get one component of a Kirin team? And a Kirin team without Valk can't tackle Valk's legend dungeon?

colinp

Banned
That sounds.... hrmm. I don't have an Odin. Nor any particular resist monsters.

As for the Valk legend dungeon. I'd basically have to grind a completely new team with entirely different monsters in order to get one component of a Kirin team? And a Kirin team without Valk can't tackle Valk's legend dungeon?

Now you understand why I stone for Valk and KoG? ;)

Ducarmel

Kirin team without Valk can't tackle Valk's legend dungeon?

Hera-Is and Valk are doable with Kirin team with out a Valk sub. Just need Echidna, Verche, a mob with defensive stance, and fill the last spot with you best available mob.

You just need to study the dungeon data or watch videos to know where to stall and when to activate skills.

Hera-Is and Valk are doable with Kirin team with out a Valk sub. Just need Echidna, Verche, a mob with defensive stance, and fill the last spot with you best available mob.

You just need to study the dungeon data or watch videos to know where to stall and when to activate skills.

Ah thanks. Most videos I can find have a lot of REM subs and +297 going on and so they haven't been particularly helpful. I think the only monster with Defensive Stance I own is Keeper of the Rainbow.

Hige

That twinlit video didn't look too bad... should I only run it when 2x drop rate is active, or is one of the two guaranteed to drop?

Jagernaut

I used a standard Horus team but swapped Echidna for Ultimate Siren because with a long combo even 16x is usually enough, no need to risk getting orb screwed.

Only floors 1 and 3 require you to kill the dragon in 1 turn, and in case you can't, Siren's auto heal and active still gives you a chance to heal back to above the safe HP threshold. Did a dozen or so runs and haven't failed.

I decided to use the DTron team suggested on Puzzledragonx:

DTron - max awoken
D/D Hanzo - max skilled and awoken
CDK Voice - max skilled
D/L Lilith - max awoken
Moonlight Carbuncle - max skilled and awoken
DTron - max awoken

It only took a few minutes and 2 of the 5 dragons dropped.

10440945_863768146985112_5303056005429352975_n.png
*NightFall Pre-Event*
[Duration] 6/25 (Wed), 12:00 AM - 6/26 (Thur), 11:59 PM (PDT)
You know what they say--it’s always darkest before the dawn! The NightFall Pre-Event has shrouded the world of Puzzle & Dragons in darkness.
To survive, you’ll have to the two twin sisters of Hell!
6/25 - Hera-Is Descended!
6/26 - Hera-Ur Descended!
As a bonus for this special weekend, *1000 Pal Points* are being awarded to players each day!

linsivvi

Wednesday and Thursday now part of the "weekend"? Haha.

King Gold and Metal dragons, huh.

Yeah I was about to say that, LOL. They probably just copied and pasted a previous weekend mini-event announcement.

So I guess it's safe to say that the next event will be on either Friday or Sat. We have pretty much nonstop events these days.

Yeah I was about to say that, LOL. They probably just copied and pasted a previous weekend mini-event announcement.

So I guess it's safe to say that the next event will be on either Friday or Sat. We have pretty much nonstop events these days.
Which should give 2-3 days where Poring Tower overlaps with 2x skillups. Wonder if I should stock up on skillup monsters before then anyway. At least stoning for box space is more permanent than stoning for stamina.

Should I run Poring Tower if I have nothing that needs a skill up right now? In the future I will have a Valkyrie. And I technically have the box space to house a good amount of Drops. But should I just keep my box space open and hope Poring Tower comes in the future when I have a Valk?

Should I run Poring Tower if I have nothing that needs a skill up right now? In the future I will have a Valkyrie. And I technically have the box space to house a good amount of Drops. But should I just keep my box space open and hope Poring Tower comes in the future when I have a Valk?

How far off are you from getting a Valkyrie? Do you have a team that is "Almost" valk dungeon ready? Porings are a decent EXP filler for Monsters (and give a fair amount of EXP to you too for ranking up), so running the dungeon on master is really not a bad way to go for those if you have something you are working towards.

Don't keep porings unless you plan on getting a valk next event she appears at. Same with Highlander and Berserk. Ghostrings are the exception because they can be useful for easy poisoning (if you need a team of poisoners)

Anyone actually going for the mastering ultimate EVO?

How far off are you from getting a Valkyrie? Do you have a team that is "Almost" valk dungeon ready? Porings are a decent EXP filler for Monsters (and give a fair amount of EXP to you too for ranking up), so running the dungeon on master is really not a bad way to go for those if you have something you are working towards.

Don't keep porings unless you plan on getting a valk next event she appears at. Same with Highlander and Berserk. Ghostrings are the exception because they can be useful for easy poisoning (if you need a team of poisoners)

Anyone actually going for the mastering ultimate EVO?

Lol no. My team is terrible right now. Can't make it past Tower to the Sky.

I'll run it for the ghostrings in this case. And probably use the Porings for Kirin or DQDX xp.

Well, even without any of the rare heartbreakers, Expert still provides easy access to evolved slimes, so if you have any of Titan, Vamp, Siren, Failio, or Mastering (if you can clear Master difficulty) it's still a good idea to run it.

Ducarmel

The awakenings make the RL version the likely one I would use if I had her.

I can see the argument to go RG if you have awesome balanced subs that make it worth it or you want the easier activation.

An all mastering max level/skill +297 luxury team is actually one of my goals, it will probably take me a while to do.

zhtzhna.jpg

Wish they would add a legend difficulty for a 100% drop rate.

Haha, me too. It's such a time / resource sink, but I don't care.

Not sure if this was already discussed, but is Poring gonna have 2x drop rate at some point?

am_dragon

Poring is extremely frustrating. So far I have run expert 5 times and master 3 times. 2 stones spent.

2x drops
2x marin
1x ghostring
2x drops
1x poring
12x Devil
7x assorted Big whatever

So one drop per run of the stuff I need, at 50 stam / run I thought it might be a bit better. Add to this frustration to the 5 masterings I held in my box for months and fed 2 of them months ago to awaken 1. Days later the Ult. Evo was announced.

Do we know if we are getting a 2x with this event?

200000 HP... mother of god. How much RCV does that Mastering team have?

Also I ran Poring Tower on expert twice. Got a Poring and all of his evo material. Now I just need a second Poring and I can have a Mastering. Though the drop rate is apparently super low on expert.

razterik

What is the best UE for Leilan RW or RL?

Sub, definitely R/L. Red attacker is more useful than red balanced. Leader is a bit of a tie. R/L has more awakenings and access to King Flammie (or Mari) for burst. R/G is much, much easier to activate and can use King Woodsie for burst. If you are choosing a leader, I'd say look at the subs in your box and decide which will give you a stronger team. There really isn't a wrong choice with most of the Chinese dual ultimates.

Not sure if this was already discussed, but is Poring gonna have 2x drop rate at some point?

Pattern for these returning collabs has been for 2x drops on the last day or during the weekend. Chances are good, especially with next event starting Friday.

Jagernaut

*Kindle Fire Version Release Celebration Gift!*
[Duration]: 6/24 (Tue), 4:00 AM - 7/1 (Tue), 4:00 AM (PDT)

To celebrate the release of the Kindle Fire Version of “Puzzle & Dragons”, we are giving away 1 “Super King Gold Dragon” to players!

A “Super King Gold Dragon” is an Enhance Material type Monster that is used for leveling. Super King Gold Dragon gives 100,000 EXP during Power-Up Fusions (or in cases where the Base Monster has the same Light Attribute, 150,000 EXP), and can even be sold for 500,000 Coins.

Be sure to make good use of him to build your team!

*Note: In order to receive this gift, users must complete “Start Tower Pt. 5” between the release date and the end date of the giveaway. A total of 1 will be distributed for each ID.

To receive your gift, please open the mail sent from the admin by restarting the app and navigating to Friend > Mail.

We hope for your continued enjoyment of Puzzle & Dragons!

My luck is insane. Ran Poring Tower three times today on expert. Got a Poring twice. So now I have a Mastering. And a boatload of big shynee to feed to my fairlion when x2 skillup comes back.

razterik

Noah-chan...

Taste the rainbow, heh.

Also, nice boat.

i saw jeanne d'arc too somewhere. pretty cool what gungho is doing i hope they arent useless tho.

Unfortunately, both Joan of Arc and Mulan seem to be part of upcoming weekly dragon dungeons. They will suck. :(

*Note: In order to receive this gift, users must complete “Start Tower Pt. 5” between the release date and the end date of the giveaway. A total of 1 will be distributed for each ID.

Start Tower is part of the tutorial, right? So new users only.

Cool to see an Amazon version finally. If it takes Amazon coins, they might get some pretty sweet deals on stones. Don't know if I want to bother switching iOS to Android again, though.

razterik

He becomes a bit better of a leader. It's mostly a gimmick team.

The minor ATK stat boost and new sub element are decent enough when you need him. I really wish they'd given him some more awakenings for all the trouble his ultimate is. He's still a good stat stick and his active is quite useful for clearing bad orbs or getting another chance for Kirin/Ra activations.

I wouldn't make it a priority.

I got the super king gold. Their wording was off, they must have meant anyone who completed the tutorial before the end date.

Yeah, noticed mine as well. They need to work on their phrasing sometimes.

Jagernaut

Taste the rainbow, heh.

Also, nice boat.

Unfortunately, both Joan of Arc and Mulan seem to be part of upcoming weekly dragon dungeons. They will suck. :(

Start Tower is part of the tutorial, right? So new users only.

Cool to see an Amazon version finally. If it takes Amazon coins, they might get some pretty sweet deals on stones. Don't know if I want to bother switching iOS to Android again, though.

I got the super king gold. Their wording was off, they must have meant anyone who completed the tutorial before the end date.

Jonsoncao

Banned
My luck is insane. Ran Poring Tower three times today on expert. Got a Poring twice. So now I have a Mastering. And a boatload of big shynee to feed to my fairlion when x2 skillup comes back.

Wow congrats, used a stone and ran expert 11 times yesterday, no mastering drop.

Saint Seiya is pretty brutal; opens up with three turn pre-emptive quicken and lots of pillage attacks. Way unlike DBZ which was relatively straight forward.

Colby

I wonder about a team of five ult Masterings and an Amaterasu to fully heal every 20 turns...I randomly have a skill-up on my Ammy, so it goes to 19 turns. Does anything else have a full heal skill?

I wonder about a team of five ult Masterings and an Amaterasu to fully heal every 20 turns...I randomly have a skill-up on my Ammy, so it goes to 19 turns. Does anything else have a full heal skill?
Ceres, who is probably worse than Ammy.

Keep in mind the only reason the Mastering strategy works is because hitting match off an Orb Refresh counts as a turn for skill cooldown purposes, which allows Orb Refreshes to chain into one another. That extra Mastering could mean the difference between reliably comboing refreshes into one another and death.

Colby

That makes sense, but you should be able to tank more than a few hits while the Orb Refreshes count down, right? I suppose it depends on the boss setup.

theDonutking

Neo Member
I've run poring tower master about 4-6 times now and no red poring yet. If I'm farming for Drops, is it best to run expert instead master? I've noticed more demons drop than Drops on master. Im lucky if I end up with one-to-one on drops.

Top Bottom