• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I've run poring tower master about 4-6 times now and no red poring yet. If I'm farming for Drops, is it best to run expert instead master? I've noticed more demons drop than Drops on master. Im lucky if I end up with one-to-one on drops.
Red poring only drops from the boss, so a 5% chance from Expert and a 40% chance from Master. You also need two in total due to the Mastering evo requiring one.

ZeroAKA

50 stamina for Poring Tower Master and not even a guaranteed Mastering drop. Gungho clearly doesn't want me to get a King Mastering. Not that I'm ever going to use it, but still...

Jagernaut

*Gift of Kings Display Issue Update*

As a result of our investigation into the Gift of Kings display issue, we have decided to provide two additional Gift Dungeons as compensation.

These dungeons will be available according to the following schedule:
 ・Gift of Kings [8] - 6/28 (Sat) from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM (PDT)
 ・Gift of Kings [9] - 6/29 (Sun) from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM (PDT)

The monsters included in these Gift Dungeons will be identical to those that were originally offered in Gift of Kings [5] and [6].

For more information on this issue, see our announcement made here: http://tinyurl.com/lapkx6w

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

So we get the 2 missed stones and gold kings, but nothing extra.

I've run poring tower master about 4-6 times now and no red poring yet. If I'm farming for Drops, is it best to run expert instead master? I've noticed more demons drop than Drops on master. Im lucky if I end up with one-to-one on drops.

Master if you need the Poring drop. Expert if you want the materials (including Drops) and those evolved slimes.

Jagernaut

Next event.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*A New Dawn*
[Duration]: 6/27 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 7/6 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Rise and shine, Puzzle & Dragons players! The morning has broken, and the sun’s first rays are peeking through! This special light-themed event is full of new surprises and old favorites--the perfect things to make your day!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
6/27 - 7/6 - 1 free Magic Stone daily
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Tournament Surprise!
This year, we will be making an appearance at this year’s Anime Expo in Los Angeles, CA! To commemorate the occasion we will be preparing another unique Gift Dungeon. As always, remember to listen to what these lovely monsters have to say!

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
6/27 - Heroes Descended!
6/28 - Izanami Descended!
6/29 - Hera Descended!
6/30 - 6/31 - ???????????
6/2 - Heracles Descended!
6/3 - The Thief Descended!
6/4 - Takeminakata Descended!
6/5 - Tengu!!!
6/6 - Xuanzang Descended!

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
6/27 - 7/1 - Jewel/Metal King Dragons
7/2 - 7/6 - Rare Evo Materials

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

??? is probably light Hera.

colinp

Banned
Wish I lived somewhere anime cons actually happened, I could buy cool PAD swag like this thing that just got announced
http://www.pazudoraya.com/products/detail.php?product_id=879

What is it?

Of all the PAD things I've bought the best is the stylus. Not relying on my finger has improved my game *so much*. It's amazing how easily it glides across the screen. Before, my finger glide would occasionally be smooth and occasionally be real rough, it was really crazy. Now its consistent and fantastic. I actually enjoy the game way more now because of it.

But really any capacitive touch stylus would work, getting the PAD one is kinda just feeding the machine (I love the machine so I'm OK with that.).

Okamid3n

Wish this Poring tower was during a x2 skill up event...

I ran out of box space incredibly fast, because the only things I can't use for skill up were big woodsies and Poring. But now that I'm out of box space, I'm feeding away some other slimes at the normal skill up rate since I can always just farm more of them from normal dungeons. Seems like the smarter thing to do.

(The even smarter thing to do would've been to spend more stones on box space instead of wasting them on getting golems from the REM during Godfests I don't even need anything from)

Tobe

really wish i had a baal or ares.

well dtron team seems a lot more powerful, now that double prong has been proved useful if you have enough orbs.

somehow i couldnt tackle hera is. i mean i dont know why i coudlnt seeam my dtron team is pretty stacked.

just tried it because to hell with it, breeze through it. usually 2 four orb matches wreck everything for hera i just blew all the orb changers and CTW. easy.

current dtron team.

Dtron
Uvo arthur
uvo gryps
uvo Hanzo
D/L Yomi
Dtron.

razterik

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140625_sinka.html

New Monster updates are out for JP on Friday.

- Baal gets an ultimate evolution. L/L attacker
- Ares, Artemas and Hermes get stat updates
- Amenouzumi now removes 4 bind turns
- Other various awoken skill changes for others

Wow, no light row for standard Valk is BULLSHIT.

Baal attacker is uh, okay. Great ATK stat for light teams. The 3.5x above 50% for devils is pretty interesting. Can almost make a light/dark devil team with Gryps, Lilith, Chaos Venus, Hera-Sowilo. Not quite there yet, probably needs another light orb changer.

Zeus Stratios gets double two prong. That looks pretty damn good. Can make a team with riders, Hanzo, maybe D/B Batman for some four orb madness. Tough to get into the zone, but easier than Goemon. Oh, devil sub-type. Can stuff Lu Bu on there for guaranteed activation and a great boost at the same time.

Stat boosts for Ares and Hermes great for attacker and blue physical teams. Artemis is sadly still not that useful.

Double 2-prong on dark Zeus looks pretty fun, and I really wish I had a dark Valk now.

Spent the last week putting together a team to get skill bind immune for the new masks, gotta get some more levels into Ra and Indra but it still worked really good.

10/10 would run again.

SR8ledEl.png

maks

I fat fingered KOG with my ama/odin team. I was trying to activate satan for the killing blow on zeus...it moved an orb instead :(

_Legacy_

I've just added my friend code to the list, I'm only a week in and already addicted. Currently level 26 and still have my free gift but would rather send it to a fellow neogaffer...

yami4ct

Now that I've learned how to properly use her, god dang is a Kirin team insane. Just blew through Hera-Is (Legendary, though) with no trouble at all. First time even seeing that dungeon. Cannot wait until I get more +eggs on this team so I can tackle even crazier stuff.

Speaking of+eggs, any word when the US version of PAD's finally going to get the +egg urgent? Seems like it's been forever since Japan got it.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Now that I've learned how to properly use her, god dang is a Kirin team insane. Just blew through Hera-Is (Legendary, though) with no trouble at all. First time even seeing that dungeon. Cannot wait until I get more +eggs on this team so I can tackle even crazier stuff.

Speaking of+eggs, any word when the US version of PAD's finally going to get the +egg urgent? Seems like it's been forever since Japan got it.

Yeah, Kirin is THE burst leader in the game (as of now). Even more perfect for no RCV dungeons (like Satan).

With physical subtype, the ult evo is even better. Send me a message if you need my Kirin up from some descended farming (ID is Jon@gaf).

J0dy77

I've just added my friend code to the list, I'm only a week in and already addicted. Currently level 26 and still have my free gift but would rather send it to a fellow neogaffer...

You're better off sending invites to the players on the list. Most of us old schoolers haven't checked that doc in a while. Add me, I have room.

Tobe

this is probably the most enjoyable part of the game, discovering everything. there is cool stuff end game like rediscovering a team, playing with different compositions and such.

try looking for a new player here, those gift eggs help a bunch specially if you get a noel.

Since I've now reached the point where I simulatenously run out of stamina in both versions of PAD and Dragon Poker, I've been playing a little bit of Sword of Knights before bed each day. It's basically Dragon Poker except with a traditional RPG battle system (so... DPxBF?), also dungeons are board games. Might drop it soon since the magic stone fountain doesn't really exist at all, but we'll see.

Any tips for learning how to properly use her? I absolutely suck at her and other combo leaders like DQDX.

I have been using mostly DQ since my team cost supports a better DQ team than Kirin team at present. Thinking about mostly focusing on DQDX until after my rank is high and I get some more Kirin suitable subs. Right now I can work towards a burst healer DQ team though.

colinp

Banned
Any tips for learning how to properly use her? I absolutely suck at her and other combo leaders like DQDX.

I have been using mostly DQ since my team cost supports a better DQ team than Kirin team at present. Thinking about mostly focusing on DQDX until after my rank is high and I get some more Kirin suitable subs. Right now I can work towards a burst healer DQ team though.

You won't get better unless you actually use her, and having the extra second (or two with ult Kirin friend) that comes from her ult evo helped me A LOT to improve my matching skills with her.

You say you don't have good subs, but really you can put together an effective, if basic, Kirin team really easily with ogres or dubs. See this for more ideas:
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17250

coy

Still never got around to passing it off. This is from my alt and I was on vacation when they refreshed them.

Cherish these times!

You won't get better unless you actually use her, and having the extra second (or two with ult Kirin friend) that comes from her ult evo helped me A LOT to improve my matching skills with her.

You say you don't have good subs, but really you can put together an effective, if basic, Kirin team really easily with ogres or dubs. See this for more ideas:
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17250

I'm actually using Dublits when I say it isn't a good Kirin team. I'm at Tower to the Sky and a Kirin + Dublit team is decidedly inferior to my makeshift DQDX team in terms of health and RCV. And both do enough damage, except DQDX activates more frequently.

Actually my current team is: Kirin, Fire dublit, DQDX, ADK, and a level 44 noel snowglobe. All have better stats than just dublits would. Yet the team falls short.

colinp

Banned
I'm actually using Dublits when I say it isn't a good Kirin team. I'm at Tower to the Sky and a Kirin + Dublit team is decidedly inferior to my makeshift DQDX team in terms of health and RCV. And both do enough damage, except DQDX activates more frequently.

Actually my current team is: Kirin, Fire dublit, DQDX, ADK, and a level 44 noel snowglobe. All have better stats than just dublits would. Yet the team falls short.

Hmmmmnm, I think you should be focusing more on making an effective team composition/leveling and less on finishing Tower to the Sky and the rest of the normal dungeons. I've been so busy doing other stuff I only recently finished Ocean of Heaven, hah.

Hmmmmnm, I think you should be focusing more on making an effective team composition/leveling and less on finishing Tower to the Sky and the rest of the normal dungeons. I've been so busy doing other stuff I only recently finished Ocean of Heaven, hah.

Not quite sure what that means honestly. You can grind levels using any team. And you can't really "work" on team composition. You either pull something useable from the REM or get subs from farming. And the only Kirin sub I can farm at this stage of the game is Echidna. And possibly Verche is his survey dungeon ever comes.

The only other way to work on team composition would be to get a team capable of handling Hera-Is and Goddess Descended. Which isn't happening at rank 70.

Meanwhile for farming the weekday dungeons with evo materials my current DQDX team does that just fine. Meanwhile clearing Tower of the Sky and getting to Ocean of Heaven would allow me to better farm for plus eggs.

linsivvi

Awakened Noah
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/482022926636445696/photo/1

Active: 200x Water damage to one target and set HP=1
Leader: 2.5/1.5/1 to God

terrible

Not entirely. It's the first farmable monster with skill-lock resist awakening, which is handy for non-IAP players to build a fully skill-lock resistant team.

Edit: Ok, apparently there are a couple subs in the Saint Seiya dungeon that have skill-lock resist too. Can't wait to get those as well.

DQDX will always activate more frequently since the requirements are more flexible. You probably won't see much of a functional difference between 16x and 25x until you tackle descends (or the really high end normals).

Is all your exp fodder going towards your DQXQ team instead of your Kirin team?

You're probably on the right track with learning DQXQ before switching to Kirin full time though. No need to rush things if you don't have the best subs for Kirin yet. Do you have a better green sub than ADK? Its active clashes with Kirin activation and its stats aren't really that great either so I wouldn't invest too heavily into it unless you're looking to use it for another team.

colinp

Banned
Not quite sure what that means honestly. You can grind levels using any team. And you can't really "work" on team composition. You either pull something useable from the REM or get subs from farming. And the only Kirin sub I can farm at this stage of the game is Echidna. And possibly Verche is his survey dungeon ever comes.

The only other way to work on team composition would be to get a team capable of handling Hera-Is and Goddess Descended. Which isn't happening at rank 70.

Meanwhile for farming the weekday dungeons with evo materials my current DQDX team does that just fine. Meanwhile clearing Tower of the Sky and getting to Ocean of Heaven would allow me to better farm for plus eggs.

Haha, you want to improve with Kirin but you don't want to make a Kirin team. I dunno dude, keep playing with DQDX then.

razterik

Not entirely. It's the first farmable monster with skill-lock resist awakening, which is handy for non-IAP players to build a fully skill-lock resistant team.

Edit: Ok, apparently there are a couple subs in the Saint Seiya dungeon that have skill-lock resist too. Can't wait to get those as well.

Ninth Angel and both Xuanzang. And JP had several others that haven't made it here.

Noah is total garbage. A worthless descend with fantastic art. So sad.

This pattern irritates me to no end. GungHo, if you're going to use nice art, make it decent enough to put in the REM and have people pull for it. Then make a descend dungeon that drops a skill up orb instead. All these junk status descends are a waste of time for everyone involved.

linsivvi

Ninth Angel and both Xuanzang. And JP had several others that haven't made it here.

Noah is total garbage. A worthless descend with fantastic art. So sad.

This pattern irritates me to no end. GungHo, if you're going to use nice art, make it decent enough to put in the REM and have people pull for it. Then make a descend dungeon that drops a skill up orb instead. All these junk status descends are a waste of time for everyone involved.

Hmm..now you make me want to consider evolving Xuanzang...

_Legacy_

You're better off sending invites to the players on the list. Most of us old schoolers haven't checked that doc in a while. Add me, I have room.

It's telling me, "unregistered user". Maybe it's because I'm on the EU server, not sure..

I also have a question, I recently evolved my Lil' Red Dragon (don't laugh!) to a Red Dragon. I noticed his Heat Ball skill didn't change to the 1000 damage version, is there something I did wrong, or is that ability only for the Red Dragon PAL/Rare egg pulls?

Tobe

It's telling me, "unregistered user". Maybe it's because I'm on the EU server, not sure..

I also have a question, I recently evolved my Lil' Red Dragon (don't laugh!) to a Red Dragon. I noticed his Heat Ball skill didn't change to the 1000 damage version, is there something I did wrong, or is that ability only for the Red Dragon PAL/Rare egg pulls?

yeah if you on EU server, you cant add ppl on us/jp/kr servers.

lil red and red draogn share the same skill (1000 dmg) like we tell everybody go ahead and download padguide its on ios and android. (dont know about kindle support tho)

that app has info on mosters, dungeons, you name it, they probably have it. also check padx i find it better than pad wikia.

_Legacy_

yeah if you on EU server, you cant add ppl on us/jp/kr servers.

lil red and red draogn share the same skill (1000 dmg) like we tell everybody go ahead and download padguide its on ios and android. (dont know about kindle support tho)

that app has info on mosters, dungeons, you name it, they probably have it. also check padx i find it better than pad wikia.

Ah right, thanks. Makes sense now!

J0dy77

Finally had super gold at a time other than 1am, was ready to stone like crazy. Completely missed it. Looked up 5 minutes after the dungeon closed... Not happy.

Jagernaut

Finally had super gold at a time other than 1am, was ready to stone like crazy. Completely missed it. Looked up 5 minutes after the dungeon closed... Not happy.

I use PadGuide's alarms for those dungeons. It usually works but sometimes the times are wrong.

Haha, you want to improve with Kirin but you don't want to make a Kirin team. I dunno dude, keep playing with DQDX then.

You shitting me or did you really get that out of my post? I said I wanted to make a Kirin team but currently am unable to farm for any of her subs, and that the subs I do have lend themselves better to DQDX right now.

I asked you how I am supposed to actively work on team composition and you provided no answer. Thanks for that.

DQDX will always activate more frequently since the requirements are more flexible. You probably won't see much of a functional difference between 16x and 25x until you tackle descends (or the really high end normals).

Is all your exp fodder going towards your DQXQ team instead of your Kirin team?

You're probably on the right track with learning DQXQ before switching to Kirin full time though. No need to rush things if you don't have the best subs for Kirin yet. Do you have a better green sub than ADK? Its active clashes with Kirin activation and its stats aren't really that great either so I wouldn't invest too heavily into it unless you're looking to use it for another team.

My fodder is mostly going to Kirin. And no, my best green sub is ADK.

Top Bottom