• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

colinp

Banned
Finally had super gold at a time other than 1am, was ready to stone like crazy. Completely missed it. Looked up 5 minutes after the dungeon closed... Not happy.

Ah man, that's the worst. :(

Looking forward to 2x skill ups tomorrow. My box is overflowing with these Porin drops. Definitely not yet enough light ones to skill up Valk though. Always something, eh?

Althane

Masterlings are fun.

Got an Angeling, is it useful for anything other than a skill-up chance?

I need more Drops though, I wanna skill up my Valk. (Considering I got 3x Mystic masks in 4 runs yesterday, on a non 2x day, I was pretty thrilled to evolve her up)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Masterlings are fun.

Got an Angeling, is it useful for anything other than a skill-up chance?

I need more Drops though, I wanna skill up my Valk. (Considering I got 3x Mystic masks in 4 runs yesterday, on a non 2x day, I was pretty thrilled to evolve her up)

No, not really. Basically a trophy/skill slave.

After running poring master for red poring drops, I've gotten more angelring invaded than poring drops.

I was actually able to prep my Kagatsuchi for evolve so I can eat those angelings .

Man, it was such a grind to get one King Mastering. I'm crazy for thinking I could've farmed enough mats to make a whole team of them. I'm tapping out.

coy

Can you share your id?

Check out the OT and search for "GAF Friends Army" for all of our IDs. J0dy is 391130292. I am 328842248 and have room as well for folks.

Man, it was such a grind to get one King Mastering. I'm crazy for thinking I could've farmed enough mats to make a whole team of them. I'm tapping out.

Crazy talk! Yeah I'm with you as I have run this nonstop with only 1 Poring to show for the effort. Not soul crushing yet but sucky nonetheless.

am_dragon

I only needed 3 mastering and I used every bit of stamina this week and 3 stones worth of refills to get them. Just a little bit ago I got the last poring I needed.

OK, I lied I spent 50 stam on Hera-Is last night and landed her. I think I'm going to try for a couple more masterings. I have a 2nd Vamp, Beserk, and Highlander to max skill. If I spend 5 stones here I'll feel much better about it than a yolo roll.

Hsieh

If you're going to use stones to get King Mastering, it's better to wait for 2x drops over the weekend. With 2x drops, the red Poring will drop at 80% rate instead of 40%.

Quantum

Going to keep running poring. why not.

not throwing stones at it though.

I have 1 mastering and 5 poring right now.

doubt I'll have enough for the ult evo, I'd need 5 more.

interestingly (or not) I haven't had a single invade.

If you're going to use stones to get King Mastering, it's better to wait for 2x drops over the weekend. With 2x drops, the red Poring will drop at 80% rate instead of 40%.

I'm almost tempted to try when 2x hits.

hmm... so 40 more poring, and 20 of each drop. God damn! Nah, I think I'm good.

colinp

Banned
Hmmmm, think I'll run Heroes and hope for a Highlander drop so I can get rid of all those poporings.

Is it meant to be ironic that 'Drops' doesn't drop very often? Gungtroll'd, indeed!

Both wiki and padx don't have 2x for Poring Tower. It might not happen at all.

Sometimes they miss stuff. It ain't over till the fat lady songs. You've got to BELIEVE!

colinp

Banned
My Great Valk is max leveled but I'm missing two evo mats until next Thursday. Should I suck up the xp loss and try skilling up or just hold on to all the Drops until I evolve her?

Poring skill up talk:

Gong into this week I had 1 fully maxed of all heart breakers, with a second valk at 6 skill ups, a second highlander at 3, a fully skilled mastering and an unevolved Kagatsuchi.

I have since evolved my Kagatsuchi into Hino (and went 1/5 on skill ups), maxed second valk, evolved a second mastering (2/6 so far), and that's it.

am_dragon

Feed everything 6 skill-up's out of 40 feeds.

2/13 on Cu Chu
0/1 on Kagu
0/7 on Berserk
1/9 on Copperhead (ghostring)
3/4 on Titan
0/6 on Vamp

Ducarmel

My Great Valk is max leveled but I'm missing two evo mats until next Thursday. Should I suck up the xp loss and try skilling up or just hold on to all the Drops until I evolve her?

those drops give good exp it would be a real shame to waste them, especially light exp.

which evo mats you are missing?
If its dragon fruit you can farm it at Tower to the Sky during the weekend bonus

Mystic mask drops at Ocean of Heaven too.

Althane

Finally beat Poring Tower - Master with my Ronia team. She's not max, nor is she +277, nor is she max skilled. But that's a hell of a satisfying victory.

(I'd beaten it before with Dual Ames, but I wanted to get used to ronia)

colinp

Banned
those drops give good exp it would be a real shame to waste them, especially light exp.

which evo mats you are missing?
If its dragon fruit you can farm it at Tower to the Sky during the weekend bonus

Mystic mask drops at Ocean of Heaven too.

Yeah, dragon fruit and keeper of rainbow. Tower to the Sky is a great idea! Though it'd be a shame to waste Porin stamina on it, no? Which Tower run is best? Beautiful Being, the 15 stam one? I'm kinda thinking it isn't a big deal to just wait till next Thursday as the 2x skill ups should still be on, right?

Jagernaut

Yeah, dragon fruit and keeper of rainbow. Tower to the Sky is a great idea! Though it'd be a shame to waste Porin stamina on it, no? Which Tower run is best? Beautiful Being, the 15 stam one? I'm kinda thinking it isn't a big deal to just wait till next Thursday as the 2x skill ups should still be on, right?

2x skillups will last for the whole 10 day event but you might not save enough drops to max skill.

Quantum

must resist.

(although I would like a yomi or horus, a ronia or *odin)

I do have 5/10 of the gods and 2/10 of the 1 percent'rs

><

edit:
wow on Noah - skill lock resist, bind resist and auto heal with 6k hp - b/y fantastic stat stick for my low hp DQXQ team o.0

Jagernaut

must resist.

(although I would like a yomi or horus, a ronia or *odin)

I do have 5/10 of the gods and 2/10 of the 1 percent'rs

><

I already have Horus, Bastet, Orochi, and Yomi. The others aren't a priority so I will only do 1 pull. For the godfest exclusives I want Light Metatron, Blue Sonia, Red Odin and Red Guan Yu.

Hopefully the next godfest will be Heroes/Chinese, I want Kirin and Pandora (I have good subs for both).

I already have some great leaders so I never spend much on godfests.

Gala of Flame active as well so I guess Horus is even more likely to drop, only want him though, and like any of the REM gods. Probably only one roll for me.

colinp

Banned
June 30 is my birthday so I guess I'll do a bday roll! Haha

2x skillups will last for the whole 10 day event but you might not save enough drops to max skill.

Yeah, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe I should just forget about the exp gain. Argh, what a silly predicament.

Quantum

I already have Horus, Bastet, Orochi, and Yomi. The others aren't a priority so I will only do 1 pull. For the godfest exclusives I want Light Metatron, Blue Sonia, Red Odin and Red Guan Yu.

Hopefully the next godfest will be Heroes/Chinese, I want Kirin and Pandora (I have good subs for both).

I already have some great leaders so I never spend much on godfests.

I've been bad with spending recently, waited a very long time before my first IAP but have cleared most content and now any additional spending doesn't make sense other than from a completionist point of view.

The last 85 gem buy I made actually was terrible - I was significantly trolled by repeats - I kinda understood it from a diminishing returns perspective but it does help my resolve.

Althane

0/4 Drops skillups for Great Valk.

Back to the tower...

Should I run Expert or Master? I could use the Big Shynees to skill up Fairlion, right? Will the difference in drop rates hurt me more?

Ducarmel

Jagernaut

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
1 hour ago ·
*Emil Chronicle Online Returns!*
[Duration] 6/30 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 7/6 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The great world of Acronia keeps changing! As always, the ECO Collab monsters are full of soul-power, and ready to show off their shape-shifting skills. It looks like ECO Tiny Alma has received a new Ultimate Evolution as well!

For more details on her Ultimate Evolution, click here: http://on.fb.me/1yq9BkT

What's ECO all about? Check here for more info: http://tinyurl.com/o4hrryk

1 week of ECO Collab coming. I max skilled 2 Parvati last time, now I only need change the world skillups for Yomi and Venus.

Ducarmel

Cool, I need to finish Yomi and get started on Venus.

Got 2 Parvati's not looking forward to that, and I expect my Loki to not get any skill ups again.

New tech dungeon being added in JP next month
BrIFqgBCMAETOXN.jpg:large

coy

Just cleared all my ECO fodder so this comes just in time. Also, as much as I would love Yomi on my main, I still will hold out until 3K/Heroes fest to pull again. Got swindled during PCGF and got dupes although I can do the 3x Echidna/Kushi team now so that is something.

colinp

Banned
Max skilled Highlander but the same # of monsters only got last evo Siegfried to lvl 2. I wonder if there is a higher skill up chance the lower the star level.

Also not having much luck with Lucifer and Angelion skill ups, but Lilith is coming along at lvl 4.

Cool to see ECO back. I really enjoyed using ECO Tiny Alma on my early Kirin team, and still like to run with her sometimes while I get Valk up to stuff.

Fed off 16 yellow drops to a spare valk and max skilled her. Cool I guess.

Got only 1 skill up each for my spare sieg & cu chu using 5 drops each.

Got zero skill-ups for my spare Lilith (fed 8).

FZZ

Banned
Ran Heroes descended burned through most of the dungeon by accident, ended up spending stones since I figured why not. But now I have a Berserker, are there any builds worthwhile with him?

Edit: My padherder

Here.

coy

Ran Heroes descended burned through most of the dungeon by accident, ended up spending stones since I figured why not. But now I have a Berserker, are there any builds worthwhile with him?

Edit: My padherder

Here.

Nothing stands out but there are solid blue physical monsters in Viper Orochi and Isis (angelit needed) so that is something to keep in mind as you gather more pieces. Your best bet may be to place your Siegfried in a Ra team: heartbreakers are great on the team (less so for L/L Ra); even better for no RCV dungeons as his poor RCV will not be a hindrance. Be on the lookout for RO Ace collab for Hrungnir as that is a good farmable sub to acquire - it is a conditional dungeon where all monsters must be 4 stars or less so if that interests you then plan accordingly.

Top Bottom