• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Got my valk max skilled, my red gigas maxed, my vampire maxed, my chulainn maxed. just need Siegfried now, but that bastard is stuck at 4. I might throw some stones at this.

Noah Descended is pretty easy; just have to keep in mind that she will instantly kill you once she goes below 50% health so you gotta Echidna her before then.

Noah Descended is pretty easy; just have to keep in mind that she will instantly kill you once she goes below 50% health so you gotta Echidna her before then.

I really REALLY need the Echidna survey dungeon to come back. :(

Also is Noah a good monster? I quickly glanced at her leader skill and it seems you could make a nice Ronia-style team.

Zero_IYAD

I actually did it & made 7 Masterings to make this big guy!

tumblr_n7ve6o0wa01srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Quantum

I actually did it & made 7 Masterings to make this big guy!

tumblr_n7ve6o0wa01srgzyyo1_500.jpg

awesome, I still need 4 more poring, I might throw a stone at it today - although it would mean only 1 pull from rem with free stones versus two.

while this is a cool mob to have its really just a trophy piece compared to a mastering.

who am I kidding I want this.

Quantum

Not having much luck with my poring skill ups

Sieg 0/13
Chu 2/9
Valk 4/8 (Maxed)
Lilith 1/13

thats not too bad, its a 16.3 % skill up rate (assuming each rate is the same (which I don't think it is)

edit:

I threw two stones and evo'd a king mastering. wondering if I need a plain mastering now - although I never used the one I had sitting in my box before.

Okamid3n

I want to skill up my Valk, Sieg and CuChu so bad, but they're max level, waiting to evolve. I don't want to waste the sweet, sweet exp, so I'm holding off on feeding them skill up materials, but...I need like 5 mystic masks before i can evolve them all.

I hate mystic masks even more than dub mythlits right now.

Hige

Orb Refresh lets you inflate your average combo score since it doesn't end your turn but still lowers your skill cool down. So you can chain 6 refreshes together until you need to do 1 real turn then repeat.

Stoned to get the king mastering, so good to get him. 1 interesting thing, I fed a max skilled but unawoken mastering.

After the ultimate evolve, the now king mastering awoke twice and is now max awoken... I thought it was very interesting (because theoretically tiny alma can have this happen too because she needs another of herself to ultimate evolve...)

linsivvi

Stoned to get the king mastering, so good to get him. 1 interesting thing, I fed a max skilled but unawoken mastering.

After the ultimate evolve, the now king mastering awoke twice and is now max awoken... I thought it was very interesting (because theoretically tiny alma can have this happen too because she needs another of herself to ultimate evolve...)

I saw a post in the PAD forum that mentioned awoken can be stored for future evolution.

I don't know if it's ever been verified though.

yami4ct

Well, at the end of Poring Tower I've now maxed skilled L/G Valk, Fairlion ult and Siegfried and got 2-3 skillups on Lilith, Fire Valk, Highlander and Vampire Duke. Pretty happy with this.

I saw a post in the PAD forum that mentioned awoken can be stored for future evolution.

I don't know if it's ever been verified though.

I already knew that awakenings stayed when you ultimate evolved monsters, even the ones that change awakenings. This is a little different

Mastering was unawoken
Fed mastering 5 other masterings and chose "ultimate evolve"
Mastering evolved to king mastering
King mastering awoke 2 times

I'm not sure if it was supposed to work like this because I haven't see. This anywhere else, but if we had known about it a lot of people who were getting 7 masterings could have saved themselves 2 of them.

Ducarmel

I already knew that awakenings stayed when you ultimate evolved monsters, even the ones that change awakenings. This is a little different

Mastering was unawoken

I'm not sure if it was supposed to work like this because I haven't see. This anywhere else, but if we had known about it a lot of people who were getting 7 masterings could have saved themselves 2 of them.

I posted a video in the last page showing this, you even can get skill ups too.

I think maybe its a side effect when you busty cards, technically you are feeding the materials and since they are the same monster and skill it makes sense.

linsivvi

Mastering was unawoken

I know that, but that's not what I am talking about. The guy claimed he fed a tamadra to a sub without awakening, then evolved it and the awakening appears. This is largely unproven but if true there's no surprise that mastering would behave this way too.

am_dragon

Dear lord.

That is exactly what I was going to post. @the_log_ride how many did you start with? (btw congrats, that had to be a grind.)

I have enough for 2 kings but I figured I'd try a team with King, Mastering x4, Gigas the Great. Not to mention I have just enough team cost to have 5 mastering on a team, I can wait until next time for the rest.

Egyptian/Japanese godfest tomorrow. I feel like I want to roll but... I don't actually think any of the increased chance monsters do anything for DQ or Kirin.

Egyptian/Japanese godfest tomorrow. I feel like I want to roll but... I don't actually think any of the increased chance monsters do anything for DQ or Kirin.
Yomi would be a good sub for either team and Susano/Orochi are probably upgrades over your current sub options (there are better endgame options for green/blue though). An Egyptian combo lead would also give you an easier to use lead for tri-color dungeons.

Yomi would be a good sub for either team and Susano/Orochi are probably upgrades over your current sub options (there are better endgame options for green/blue though). An Egyptian combo lead would also give you an easier to use lead for tri-color dungeons.

With only 15 stones I'm not going to risk rolling specifically for Yomi. While Isis/Horus might be nice for tricolors, I'm not too worried about those dungeons right now. Meanwhile I'd be a bit unhappy rolling almost everything else.

Hakkapell

Neo Member
New player here! Finally decided to try this out and it is quite fun. At the moment I am rank 10. Though still working my way around the basics and combos.

I was wondering pulled a Strawberry Dragon and King Emerald Dragon are those good pulls from the REM?

Ducarmel

New player here! Finally decided to try this out and it is quite fun. At the moment I am rank 10. Though still working my way around the basics and combos.

I was wondering pulled a Strawberry Dragon and King Emerald Dragon are those good pulls from the REM?

No, reroll if you think you are going to play this long term.

Wait till godfest start monday evening to reroll

In the next godfest the monsters you want would be Horus or Bastet or a gold egg that is top tier.

read this doc to get a good idea what are the good starting roll
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

In the next godfest the monsters you want would be Horus or Bastet or a gold egg that is top tier.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

Honestly I think Isis is nearly as good a pull as Horus and a better pull than Bastet. Her new Ult Evo seems like it would allow her to transition nicely to end game.

Hakkapell

Neo Member

Yeah i read it and plan to re-roll. I also installed PAD on my phone and after the tutorial went to the REM and pulled a : Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan

yami4ct

Honestly I think Isis is nearly as good a pull as Horus and a better pull than Bastet. Her new Ult Evo seems like it would allow her to transition nicely to end game.

As good as Horus? Maybe. Better than Bastet? I really doubt it. The requirement of an Angelit alone makes Isis harder to justify long term. You have to get lucky on a PAL event to really transition, as I doubt you could take on the 'Lit dungeon with a non-Ult Isis. She's good, and definitely a keeper if you roll her, but Bastet is still top tier awesome.

J0dy77

Took my sweet time before attempting a run but I guess I'm officially starting the PAD endgame now.

Congrats. That first descended victory was a great feeling. Enjoy it.

As good as Horus? Maybe. Better than Bastet? I really doubt it. The requirement of an Angelit alone makes Isis harder to justify long term. You have to get lucky on a PAL event to really transition, as I doubt you could take on the 'Lit dungeon with a non-Ult Isis. She's good, and definitely a keeper if you roll her, but Bastet is still top tier awesome.

Horus > Bastet > Isis.

Isis new evo makes her strong and descended capable but not on the same level as the other two. She's great for beginner players learning to match four colors consistently.

Anyone have some light Valkyries with lots of plus eggs? please add me.

I can finally zero stone hera with my healer team. So i wanna try and skill her up some.

I'm curious, Bastet caps out at x16 in her ultimate evolution. Is she really better than Horus?

And isn't her non-Angelit ultimate still getting a buff?

yami4ct

I'm curious, Bastet caps out at x16 in her ultimate evolution. Is she really better than Horus?

And isn't her non-Angelit ultimate still getting a buff?

For Bastet v Horus, everyone's going to have different views, but here's my take. Bastet is just more flexible. She can be played on more teams and in more ways than horus, and even has some sub flexibility which horus kind of lacks. You get both a good leader skill and a good active. You also get a leader skill that gives you some wiggle room for error, while with Horus it's all or nothing. Horus' strict color requirements really hurts its flexibility, where a well built Bastet team can really take in a lot of options. A well built Bastet-healer team can easily clock in at 48x with Shynee top end. So, if it was my pick, I'd go Bastet/Healer over traditional Horus, but YYMV.

As for Isis' other Ult getting a buff, looks like she does have some, but still doesn't take into account Heal orbs, which would give W/L a big chunk extra flexibility. Isis also continues to be hampered by the fact Quick Heal is a hot pile of garbage.

linsivvi

For Bastet v Horus, everyone's going to have different views, but here's my take. Bastet is just more flexible. She can be played on more teams and in more ways than horus, and even has some sub flexibility which horus kind of lacks. You get both a good leader skill and a good active. You also get a leader skill that gives you some wiggle room for error, while with Horus it's all or nothing. Horus' strict color requirements really hurts its flexibility, where a well built Bastet team can really take in a lot of options. A well built Bastet-healer team can easily clock in at 48x with Shynee top end. So, if it was my pick, I'd go Bastet/Healer over traditional Horus, but YYMV.

As for Isis' other Ult getting a buff, looks like she does have some, but still doesn't take into account Heal orbs, which would give W/L a big chunk extra flexibility. Isis also continues to be hampered by the fact Quick Heal is a hot pile of garbage.

Horus' color requirements is not strict at all. You can almost always pull off 16x at least.

Horus also has pretty much the best sub flexibility among the top leads, because you can basically put any sub in the team and it will simply work.

That doesn't mean Bastet wouldn't be better in certain situations, like dungeons with multiple bosses and only the boss pose a threat. But try a dungeon where you need consistent 16x or 25x on multiple floors and Horus is superior.

Isis is simply not up to Horus or Bastet's level. No contest.

I've read that Horus has a 96% activation rate on a fresh board. I really don't think "all or nothing" means much when it is a miniscule chance of nothing. The proof is in Japanese so probably of limited use here but: http://yuuoku.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-780.html. They basically simulated starting boards 1 million times and calculated the chance of various leaders being able to activate their skills. Baster wasn't thrown in, but Horus is basically 96% in regular dungeons. In no RCV orb dungeons he goes up to 100% activation. On a fresh board granted, but I don't see you getting orb screwed very often at high level play.

And honestly, I don't see a Bastet-Healer team clearing high level descends without an asinine amount of plus eggs. Horus definitely can.

Well regardless, I see that Isis isn't up to par with Bastet or Horus. A shame though. :(

linsivvi

This is my S-rank orange flower dragon team:

Kirin/Echidna/Blue Mask/Valk/Verche/Kirin

Probably the easiest of the flower dragons. Under 50% you will still have 3 turns to kill it as long as you have over 13737 health.

Zero_IYAD

Hera-Sowilo - Mythical, zero stoned, risky team:

tumblr_n7z6muUQnn1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Extremely bad choice, went in with the rush & forgot there's no recovery.. Luckily survived:

tumblr_n7z7kgfdCW1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

ECO Collab is back!
Last time I Max skilled my L/D Venus which I never used later.
Time to skill up my D/D Tsukuyomi since I use her alot + collect some more Pepens for my never ending project of skilling up Lakshmi =_=

J0dy77

Pad Guide is showing Lucifer as a capable team for Hera - So. Have to check out some videos, i'd prefer an easy mode dungeon for a change.

linsivvi

Pad Guide is showing Lucifer as a capable team for Hera - So. Have to check out some videos, i'd prefer an easy mode dungeon for a change.

It is. There are a few teams in the Chinese wiki.

As an aside I've pretty much given up on the English wiki since people hardly submit new team compositions there. There's nothing on the last few descended dungeons so I just use it as a portal to get to the appropriate page on the Chinese wiki.

colinp

Banned
wait, 15k per drop is no slouch. especially when light xp i involved.

I'm waiting! But damn am I looking forward to turbo leveling my Valk and freeing up some box space. I'm going to run the evo mats dungeon and hope for the best.

This is what I have saved up for her:

1 Snow Globe Dragon Blanc
2 Super King Gold Dragons
2 King Gold Dragons
1 High Gold Dragon
18 Drops
5 Gold Moltdras

Not a bad start, eh? Just a matter of getting those damn mats now.

Jagernaut

I'm waiting! But damn am I looking forward to turbo leveling my Valk and freeing up some box space. I'm going to run the evo mats dungeon and hope for the best.

This is what I have saved up for her:

1 Snow Globe Dragon Blanc
2 Super King Gold Dragons
2 King Gold Dragons
1 High Gold Dragon
18 Drops
5 Gold Moltdras

Not a bad start, eh? Just a matter of getting those damn mats now.

It's too late now but I would have max skilled her first and evolved her later. 18 Drops may not be enough.

Top Bottom