• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

0-stoned Hera-Sowilo Legend with a Bastet team that I thought was Skill Bind immune, turns out the friend Bastet wasn't fully awoken so I still got bound. Don't think I have a team that's good enough for Mythical though, and got the drop anyway.

Did 1 REM roll too, Shardran.

Kreed

I did 4 rolls:
Red Sonia
Highlander
Phoenix Knight
Shaitan

I read that Red Sonia is a very good leader, but what can I do about subs? I don't have any devils in my moster box. I have one vampire in 1st form and that's all.

Fill your team with any dark/red devils you can farm. Besides Vampire, you will eventually want King Baddie (or 2 in some cases), Hera, and Hera-Ur. Those four are enough for most dungeons with Red Sonia. If the Drawn Joker dungeon comes back again get your hands on one of those too when you need to create Hearts. Lilith is also a decent sub due to her awakenings and her x1.5 multiplier.

Hige

Everyone rips on light metatron, but bearded guan yu is completely worthless as a leader. Ggreen/Light physical.... what were gungho thinking?

He may make a great sub for an athena/avalon drake team though
When I first started playing a few months ago everyone was hating on LMeta, but I'd rather get her than DMeta, honestly. She'd fit in nicely with my healers or on my Kirin team.

Instead, I have three green Guan Yus. -____-

Jonsoncao

Banned
I did 4 rolls:
Red Sonia
Highlander
Phoenix Knight
Shaitan

I read that Red Sonia is a very good leader, but what can I do about subs? I don't have any devils in my moster box. I have one vampire in 1st form and that's all.

I started playing 2 weeks ago and my first roll was More Cu Chulainn, the Hero. I can't ult evo him yet and his HP buff is mostly useless. I was hoping for rare evo pal rolls to get rainbow keeper and two required dub-something.

Wow, congrats, you are on board of the super high speed rail of leveling up and farming things you need.

With a decent Ronia team with farmable subs from around the 100th day at Rank 100, I am now Rank 230 on my 190ish day.

First you don't wanna evolve Ronia, the cost becomes prohibitively high for low rank players. Upon completing the Castle of Satan, Towers of Flare/Night/Nature will give you lots of Ogres, of which the ultimate evolutions have Devil subtype.

Ronia team starts to shine when you are ready for some T5 dungeon farming (the tier 5 dungeons: from Hyperion to Ocean of Heaven).

J0dy77

Kudos to Gungho for another really fun descended with Hera S yesterday. Challenging but not ridiculously unfair and luck based. A lot of thinking and planning involved and good use of Awakening abilities. It's also not a useless mob, getting Hera S to max skill at turn 7 would be insanely good for a DQXQ team.

Kudos to Gungho for another really fun descended with Hera S yesterday. Challenging but not ridiculously unfair and luck based. A lot of thinking and planning involved and good use of Awakening abilities. It's also not a useless mob, getting Hera S to max skill at turn 7 would be insanely good for a DQXQ team.

Hera S was a lot of fun to play. Challenging and interesting and a lot of different teams can take her down (as opposed to some dungeons where it seems like only Kirin or some ridiculously specialized team can take it down).

I guess the Legend Heras are mid descends with their Mythicals being Late Descends?

Jagernaut

3 rolls.

1. Gold egg troll - Dino Rider, want Gryps not this one
2. Salamander - could use Flame Twin Star Ifrit for Ronia
3. Gold egg troll - Lightning Holy Dragon, crap

5 rolls.

Belial
Horus
Berserk
Guan Yu
Gryps Rider

I already have one Inferno Diety Falcon Horus. What should I do with my second one?

Can either evolve to the other ultimate version or keep unevolved for that 20 cost descend. I forget which one it is, though.

Which sub should Rodin replace here?

zJKp5rWl.jpg

Hakkapell

Neo Member
Finally re-rolled and got Incarnation of Suzaku Leilan and Hermes on the 2 free rolls i got starting the game.

Right now I am level 17 and currently on the last dungeon path - The Saint's Dragon in Tomb of the Saint.

What would be a good team to tackle this last level?

I have a black dragon, flame knight aqua knight, Low dark ninja earth guardian as the strongest monsters in my box. Obviously i cant use them all due to cost.

Also what did you guys do with your Super King Gold Dragon? Did you use him to max one monster or sell him for 500K?

Thanks for the help.

Quantum

I think I trolled myself.

I had two stones left over from my shitty wtf rolls and was determined to pick up a hera sol. Ran it four times failing only once.

No drop on the first three runs. On the last time I got a bad run of orbs and failed, what the hell I'll buy a stone.

Pull up store and confirm buying 85 stones before I even think about what I'm doing.

Oh well.

Fail again In Hera sol, decide to quit.

Now I'm angry. Off to the REM to make me feel better. 5 pulls and didn't even see a gold egg.

Close it down, restart , wait a bit.

Back to the REM select ten pulls - wait. Shit I just used my pal pulls. Close the game but they all rolled even though I closed the game. Oh well. (one baby tan and all others crap)

REM pulls (eleven) not a single god fest pull. Evolved rippers, a dupe ame no , mystic knights, and an evo'd berry Dragon.

Pure shit.

Damn this game can make me feel like shit. I want to say I won't spend another dime, but I said that already....

(sorry for the venting but if I tried to explain this anywhere else I'd get blank stares)

Epic Drop

I think I trolled myself.

I had two stones left over from my shitty wtf rolls and was determined to pick up a hera sol. Ran it four times failing only once.

No drop on the first three runs. On the last time I got a bad run of orbs and failed, what the hell I'll buy a stone.

Pull up store and confirm buying 85 stones before I even think about what I'm doing.

Oh well.

Fail again In Hera sol, decide to quit.

Now I'm angry. Off to the REM to make me feel better. 5 pulls and didn't even see a gold egg.

Close it down, restart , wait a bit.

Back to the REM select ten pulls - wait. Shit I just used my pal pulls. Close the game but they all rolled even though I closed the game. Oh well. (one baby tan and all others crap)

REM pulls (eleven) not a single god fest pull. Evolved rippers, a dupe ame no , mystic knights, and an evo'd berry Dragon.

Pure shit.

Damn this game can make me feel like shit. I want to say I won't spend another dime, but I said that already....

(sorry for the venting but if I tried to explain this anywhere else I'd get blank stares)

:( Sorry to hear that :(

I had five pulls today and hoped that I would get something nice. Four worthless silver eggs and a blue ninja. I have nearly perfect subs for a D. Meta, Ronia, Blonia, and Gronia, but based on my luck so far playing this game for 4 months, I'll never pull one.

J0dy77

One hail mary roll for a Kirin.... Light Golem. :(

I have all of the good JP gods and Haku and Leylan from the Chinese team so no point to keep going. Kirin is so tempting though.

Finally re-rolled and got Incarnation of Suzaku Leilan and Hermes on the 2 free rolls i got starting the game.

Right now I am level 17 and currently on the last dungeon path - The Saint's Dragon in Tomb of the Saint.

What would be a good team to tackle this last level?

I have a black dragon, flame knight aqua knight, Low dark ninja earth guardian as the strongest monsters in my box. Obviously i cant use them all due to cost.

Also what did you guys do with your Super King Gold Dragon? Did you use him to max one monster or sell him for 500K?

Thanks for the help.

I'd honestly reroll. I don't think Leilan or Hermes have that much end game potential.

As for selling Super King Gold Dragons, that's a negative. Never sell them. 500k is a drop in the bucket honestly. It is so easy to get gold in this game. Extremely easy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There's a small chance I may pick this back up...Depends if I can recover my account. Sent the info the GungHo (code, old friend code, explanation, etc). Let's see. Changed my name per their request and will now play the waiting game...

I agree with Hermes not having endgame potential (but is very useful mid and late game), but Leilan's busties make her pretty useable and has a large pool of synergistic combo gods to make up for her deficiencies.

Quantum

There's a small chance I may pick this back up...Depends if I can recover my account. Sent the info the GungHo (code, old friend code, explanation, etc). Let's see. Changed my name per their request and will now play the waiting game...

it took me a significant amount of time to recover my account, but they were able to find it after giving a ton of information.

They tend to communicate 1x per day at about 3:00 am EST and will ask for a large amount of information.

This is the list of questions I was asked initally (cut and paste - this was prior to the ability to link the game to an android account)

1. Your ID (The ID before the data was deleted):
2. Your name in Puzzle & Dragons (Name before the data was deleted):
3. Your Secret Code (Secret Code before the data was deleted):
* You can confirm your Secret Code from in app menu Others > Support
4. Your in-game rank:
5. Date and time when you last played:
6. Names of monsters registered as your Favorite (Please name at least 5-10 monsters):
* If you have not registered a Favorite monster, please provide us the names of the monsters you often use in dungeons.
7. Information on clearing dungeon (such as “I cleared dungeon on (month & day)”)
*Any dungeon would be fine. Please tell us what you can remember:
8. Screenshot of your purchase history of magic stones (the latest one from the time before the data was deleted)
* Kindly attach the photo or screenshot of the purchase history with the “date of purchase”,“purchased item” and “number of items” that can be clearly seen.
9. Details of the situation, such as “app was automatically deleted while playing the game” or information of changing device, and so on.

they took almost 14 working days to re-establish my account, with over 22 e-mails back and forth.

but they were able to find and reactivate it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I actually filled out a form on their website with all of that info. Thankfully, I had all of that info readily available. They sent me a reply with "change your name to xxxxxx" which I did.

But I'll make sure to keep an eye on my email every morning. Thank you! If it's meant to be, I'll start playing again I guess, haha.

Quantum

I actually filled out a form on their website with all of that info. Thankfully, I had all of that info readily available. They sent me a reply with "change your name to xxxxxx" which I did.

But I'll make sure to keep an eye on my email every morning. Thank you! If it's meant to be, I'll start playing again I guess, haha.

wow, reviewing my e-mails its like you skipped to day 12 (of my ordeal). sounds like you will be playing again within two days. I thought I had good records - yours must have been fantastic, or they have updated the system they used to use for discovery.

Are we finally going to break free from the scourge of St Patrick's Day

razterik

Hey now. It's been Flower Power for a while, heh.

Did you delete your app to stop yourself from playing, nicoga? I thought you were happy to finally escape the grind. Game hasn't changed much, especially since we don't get frequent updates or new collabs here...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hey now. It's been Flower Power for a while, heh.

Did you delete your app to stop yourself from playing, nicoga? I thought you were happy to finally escape the grind. Game hasn't changed much, especially since we don't get frequent updates or new collabs here...

I enjoy the puzzle aspects of it still, and since I have no NEED for hardcore grinding now (I'll never be able to USE #onetruegod), it'll be more to solve the puzzles and such.

Are we finally going to break free from the scourge of St Patrick's Day

It will forever be St. Patty's Day.

I don't plan to spend much money this time. Since I have everything worth having (except a 5th Bastet and a DTron), I won't need to spend for any reason outside of stamina farming. But hell, even that will be much less now.

wow, reviewing my e-mails its like you skipped to day 12 (of my ordeal). sounds like you will be playing again within two days. I thought I had good records - yours must have been fantastic, or they have updated the system they used to use for discovery.

When you spent as much money as I did on this game, you keep backups of backups of backups, haha.

Is she rem dependent?
- shares activation color with Echidna ✔︎
- on-color farmable double orb enhancer ✔︎

Those are probably the two biggest criteria for evaluating the Chinese girls which she passes. Green/Light also has many synergyistic subs, both farmable and REM.

You might be wondering why she's less used than Haku who also passes the test. Elemental resistance is one factor, plus Haku having an even more synergistic pool of subs. Still wish GungHo hadn't pulled the Healer Leilan rug out from under us; she would have been fantastic.

Quantum

When you spent as much money as I did on this game, you keep backups of backups of backups, haha.

I'm getting there myself, certainly not at the level of the top tier payers but this last buy put me over 350 dollars. which is more than I've ever paid for a iap game, unless you broadly consider mmorpgs - then its just a drop in the bucket.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm getting there myself, certainly not at the level of the top tier payers but this last buy put me over 350 dollars. which is more than I've ever paid for a iap game, unless you broadly consider mmorpgs - then its just a drop in the bucket.

Yeah, I played WoW for a few years on monthly. That was expensive. However, this was more haha.

Jesus christ.... though I suppose I pay for Netflix and other services like it even though I rarely use them. Which over enough time will be about as much. Whatever gives you joy.

I've spent 5 bucks and probably will keep it that way. But then again I got super lucky with my first two pulls (Kirin and DQDX), and the rest of the teams I want are farmable (healer, satan, etc...). Well except Ronia. I'd love a Ronia.

Quantum

. Whatever gives you joy.

I think that is well said.

I have played for more than 460 days. I didn't start my IAP binge until recently and the first three packs I bought my rolls were fantastic. the last two sets of 15 pulls are/were so bad that they border on a statistical anomaly, which is why I'm so critical of Gungho at times.

in retrospect I think I might have gone overboard, but some of the times I bought stones it was because I didn't go out eating/drinking in the city with my gf on a Saturday night - so I "justified" my buy and in an odd way saved cash.

the truth is I'll buy a new release on steam for 50 bucks and play it for 10-15 hours, complete it and uninstall it - which was the current "value" perception of gaming until recently.

I understand the criticism of heavy IAP, but as you wrote - the "joy" or entertainment of this game has far surpassed the majority of games I've played and its far more portable than my laptop, vita, 3ds or tablets.

the flip side is that I really felt burned with my last two buys/pulls and I can't forsee me quitting the game on good terms.

The game is a perfect mmorpg fix for me, complete with the ups and downs of raids, group organization and has the added puzzle solving with both the orb placement and the calculations of damage on the bosses.

I have to update my herder, but I think I might have to put a stop to my IAP because I really don't need anything else and should just concentrate on grinding leveling/stamina.

J0dy77

How did everyone do with gold dragons today? Is it broken? I just did 7 runs and got zero invades. I didn't see one f'ing king. I got one high dragon. WTF!!

Hakkapell

Neo Member
so for my pulls during God Fest (Gold dragon REM)

I got:

1.Isis
2.Kagatsuchi
3. Dark Golem MK.II
4. Dragonette

How would you guys rate my pulls? I know the last 2 are probably crap ones lol

Says the guy who thinks Kirin/Ronia/DQXQ are the only worthwhile endgame leads. Leilan can take one far but might need an extra REM sub or two and some more skill to tackle the higher descends.

Well I don't DQXQ makes a good endgame lead without some REM support. But yeah, I plan on being almost completely IAP free. Kirin seems to be the most viable endgame lead without any REM support.

I'll admit I was probably wrong about Leilan, but I've read a lot about 12.25 teams just not being enough for some of the tougher descends.

so for my pulls during God Fest (Gold dragon REM)

I got:

1.Isis
2.Kagatsuchi
3. Dark Golem MK.II
4. Dragonette

How would you guys rate my pulls? I know the last 2 are probably crap ones lol

Isis is good. The rest significantly less so.

Ducarmel

I'll admit I was probably wrong about Leilan, but I've read a lot about 12.25 teams just not being enough for some of the tougher descends.

With Leilan if she needs a little extra fire power she can pair with Horus, Kirin, Kushinada or Bastet.

With a bit of luck Leilan can zero stone the early descends with farmable stuff. Even if you have to spend a stone or two on mythical difficulty. spending 1-5 stones to get Valk, Zeus, Hera, ect is better then spending those stones on a REM pull.

Well I don't DQXQ makes a good endgame lead without some REM support. But yeah, I plan on being almost completely IAP free. Kirin seems to be the most viable endgame lead without any REM support.

Unless you avoid the REM completely or are terribly unlucky, you will luck into some decent REM subs (or even a better REM lead than Leilan) with free stones by the time you reach descends.

Incorporating rows closes the gap somewhat between 12.25x and 16x/20.25x. At least enough to handle higher descends. REM specific subs do come into play (a FA Luci would put my Byakko team over the top) though sometimes there are alternatives.

Top Bottom