• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Is there any way to get Dub-topalits reasonably quickly? I need like.... 5 or 6 of them for evolution material for Kirin, Angelion, and Eco Tiny.

Is there any way to get Dub-topalits reasonably quickly? I need like.... 5 or 6 of them for evolution material for Kirin, Angelion, and Eco Tiny.

tomorrow second shrine of Sprites dungeon is the easiest way to get dub-topalits. it's not 1/3 chance of drop, and you will get dub-Amelit trolled, but you might also get dubmyths and those are always useful.

then on Monday, Technical aither desert: genie of the lamp. those are your best shots for dub-topas.

Ducarmel

Thanks for the input guys. I like the idea of a healer team and feel like I have all of the necessary components, but I've heard that they are incredibly dependent on + HP eggs. How many + HP eggs would you say are necessary before I could reasonably expect to clear some Decends?

I also like the idea of a G/L Parvati team, just because it would give me a good excuse to use my grodin. 3k healing per turn (both parvati + odin) seems really good, but is that only useful for farming and not very useful for decends?

Edit: Or, I could do what I sortof feel like I actually should do, and just focus on Karin.

With Parvati your Valk healer team should have enough hp to tackle descends like 2 heroes and Hera. Satan is also doable but you need to bring a max skilled heart maker. Takeminakata and Sandolphon legend may be possible if you pair up with L Meta, and have enough hp to tank normal attacks/preemptive strikes and some luck.

Mono green teams are nice but I imagine it may be a little hard to find friends

But you have Karin I do feel you will be more comfortable taking on descends with her over Valk.

Jupiter, City in the Sky normal dungean has a decent drop rate during the bonus, not sure if you made it there
Aither Desert in the tech dungeon section but the drop rate is terrible.

Other then that Friday dungeon but it will frustrating

J0dy77

TIL You cannot change the Ultimate Evolution of a mob without rolling it back to the non Ultimate version first. I tried feeding the D/L version of Tiamat to the D/D dragon fruit version and it wasn't flashing when the mats were in the window. Once I rolled him back I could do the Ultimate again. This has implications for Awakenings as well since some final forms have less awakenings than the Ultimate Evo.

Does anyone know if Awakenings stay if you roll back and then upgrade again but the Awakenings change? Example, I have L/D Ra that I'm going to make L/L, not sure how that would work out. I haven't evo'd him at all due to the uncertainty.

Ducarmel

TIL
Does anyone know if Awakenings stay if you roll back and then upgrade again but the Awakenings change? Example, I have L/D Ra that I'm going to make L/L, not sure how that would work out. I haven't evo'd him at all due to the uncertainty.

If I remember correctly in the official patch they say awakenings are not lost during ultimate evolutions or reverse ultimate evolution.

Epic Drop

TIL You cannot change the Ultimate Evolution of a mob without rolling it back to the non Ultimate version first. I tried feeding the D/L version of Tiamat to the D/D dragon fruit version and it wasn't flashing when the mats were in the window. Once I rolled him back I could do the Ultimate again. This has implications for Awakenings as well since some final forms have less awakenings than the Ultimate Evo.

I have heard that the game tracks the number of awakenings and you keep them even if you un-evo and re-evo. Don't take my word as gospel though, as I've never tried it for myself. Maybe someone else can confirm?

J0dy77

I'll just wait to throw the Awakenings on Ra. I'm sure that is probably the case with Awakenings but I don't want to take the chance.

tomorrow second shrine of Sprites dungeon is the easiest way to get dub-topalits. it's not 1/3 chance of drop, and you will get dub-Amelit trolled, but you might also get dubmyths and those are always useful
It's always a great feeling when you need all 3 types of last floor dubs and are immune to gungho trolling during 2x drop. For the first few runs, at least.

Are you sure it isn't 1/3 chance for each in Fri dungeon?

tomorrow second shrine of Sprites dungeon is the easiest way to get dub-topalits. it's not 1/3 chance of drop, and you will get dub-Amelit trolled, but you might also get dubmyths and those are always useful.

then on Monday, Technical aither desert: genie of the lamp. those are your best shots for dub-topas.

Thanks.

As for Jupiter in the Sky (some else mentioned it), I haven't made it there yet sadly.

Hopefully I don't get gungtrolled this week like I did last week. Nothing but fucking dub-amelits.

Althane

Beat Thief Descended on Legendary, and got Goemon out of it.

I'm kind of totally psyched. Sure, took 3 stones, but it's a good proof that my Ronia team was up to the task.

L: Ronia
1: Duke Vampire (no busty)
2: King Baddie
3: King Baddie
4: Echidna (Max Skilled)
F: Ronia

Had to stone once on the 3rd battle (I goofed up on the timer), and twice with Goemon himself (didn't quite get all the row enhancements off, still practicing). But now I have him, and I can say I beat a descended. I'm feeling pretty pimp right now.

Quantum

I just was looking at the eco mobs -

ECO baby tiny has a king shynee on his hat (I think so, its really small lol).

really got a kick out of this today.

Ducarmel

Does anyone know the drop rate of echidna on witches ball in castle of satan, or serpent loved by flame in Hyperion lava flow?

2%, 4 maybe 5% during bonus. You literally have to run that dungeon at least a hundred times.

I would run Fire-Worshipping Snake or Serpent Loved by Flame during the bonus, since Naga is the only drop, witches ball has a chance to drop Lilith instead of Naga.

I doubt Scarlet Snake will return anytime soon so the only other way is to hope the next set of biweekly dragon dungeon which should start around the beginning of August has Echidna as a drop, the drop rate will be a whole lot better then the normal dungeons.

I doubt Scarlet Snake will return anytime soon so the only other way is to hope the next set of biweekly dragon dungeon which should start around the beginning of August has Echidna as a drop, the drop rate will be a whole lot better then the normal dungeons.
Gambling with the REM/PAL is another option that's far less irritating than grinding the normals for the healer girls.

Quantum

If anyone has an extra spot would you mind throwing me a friend invite so I can experience the PAL system?

Larry@GAF

ID# 382722350

Thanks

sure, I have a DQXQ (98/+51) up most of the time. rarely a max loki/max rebel luci/kirin

just added 15 friend slots pretty much keep everyone unless they lapse for 4 or more days if anyone else needs the twins.

edit: depending on your rank, your friends will be available for different amounts of time during the day - I think its the closer to your rank the longer they are available. despite the length of time I've been playing I'm only rank 182, so take that into consideration.

don't think I'm on the SS, but:

island

Tobe

someon from gaf added me, but he has no more room for friends lol he runs an stage 1 ronia.

edt: never mind he cleared some space.

Jagernaut

If anyone has an extra spot would you mind throwing me a friend invite so I can experience the PAL system?

Larry@GAF

ID# 382722350

Thanks

I added you, I'm Static@GAF. I usually have one of these leaders up :

Ares
Valkyrie
Red Sonia
Dark Metatron
Haku
Horus
Bastet
Green Odin

DirtyLary

Thanks. Trodding alone trying to learn this game. Its pretty deep, way more that I expected.

I rerolled a bunch till I got a Ame no Uzume . Im tired of playing that tutorial over and over.

Is she good to learn the game with? What should be my short term goal with her?

Ducarmel

Thanks. Trodding alone trying to learn this game. Its pretty deep, way more that I expected.

I rerolled a bunch till I got a Ame no Uzume . Im tired of playing that tutorial over and over.

Ame is good but I'm afraid you will eventually hit a wall once you start thinking about tackling descends. Ame is capable of tackling descends but she needs strong subs that are REM only

Mono Fire team guide
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=34505

An example of what end game Ame teams looks like to max out her full potential its a little outdated since it does not account for her sub type and awakenings.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=23005

Some vids of Ame in action
Zeus Dios:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfspYAVSogA

Hera-Ur:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbPX6aYQEX0

Valk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIWYQc7l-k

Ame no Uzume is ranked Good tier by the Puzzle and Dragons Blub. Plus she has an extremely easy playstyle (her boost is monocolor and she only requires you to be above a certain hp threshold) so yeah, she's probably a good starter to learn the basics of the game with. The main thing you'll probably need to learn is how to effectively stall for time with her, since you will need to soak hits on certain floors but don't want to accidentally be below the HP threshold for your leader skill to activate.

Which level of ECO collab drops the three star alma? It's the only ECO I don't have.

Skill level 3 on Loki, skill level 2 on yomi. All I care about this collab

Quantum

Which level of ECO collab drops the three star alma? It's the only ECO I don't have.

Skill level 3 on Loki, skill level 2 on yomi. All I care about this collab

ECO Baby Tiny (three star) drops on master and lower -> yomi
ECO Dumpty -> invade (any level I think) _> loki

I've just been running heaven sent, and just ran master once.

I've run about 15 times with 1 invasion. (ECO tiny (4*) was 100% on heaven, only ran master 1 x for the drop)

hermit7

Does anyone run blonia with any regularity? I know of that she is probably the least common of the Sonia sisters, but I am building a physical team and want more of them as friends.

Jagernaut

It's official now.

*Rare Egg Machine Update: Ninja Rider Carnival*
[Duration]: 7/4 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 7/10 (Thur), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Practitioners of the Secret Ninja Arts, come forth! Though their disciplines vary, each of the Shinobi in Puzzle & Dragons is a force to be reckoned with!

This Carnival comes with 15 uniquely selected monsters, including the complete Rider Series, and Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie. All monsters are at 3x rates, and appear at Lv 30 or higher! The lineup can be viewed below:

★6
982 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie

★5
803 Kushinadahime
370 Idunn&Idunna

- Ninja Series -
555 Mochizuki Chiyome
557 Hatsume no Tsubone
559 Sarutobi Sasuke
561 Fuma Kotaro
563 Hattori Hanzo

- Rider Series -
378 Dino Rider
380 Beast Rider
382 Marine Rider
384 Dragon Rider
386 Gryps Rider

★4
358 Genie
1075 Strawberry Dragon

quin

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140704_anke.html

New twitter survey.

I really really hope it's the pandora skill up.

Also, the rare egg machine was updated. The odds of getting one of these cards should decrease.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140703.html#new

Gardians
フレイムガーディアン ★4
アイスガーディアン  ★4
アースガーディアン  ★4
マシンゴーレムMk-II  ★4
ダークゴーレムMk-II  ★4

Knights
フェニックスナイト  ★4
フェンリルナイト   ★4
ドラゴンナイト    ★4
ヴァーチェ      ★4
ダークドラゴンナイト ★4

Golems
フレイムゴーレム   ★3
アイスゴーレム    ★3
アースゴーレム    ★3
マシンゴーレム    ★3
ダークゴーレム    ★3

Unevolved knights
炎の魔剣士      ★3
氷の魔剣士      ★3
岩の魔剣士      ★3
光の魔剣士      ★3
闇の魔剣士      ★3

Also the fairy tale characters have been added.

They don't seem too bad

razterik

Makes sense that other rates would go down to make room for fairy tale characters. Wish they would straight out replace the farmable garbage with all new REM-exclusives like these. They are fairly decent pulls, especially with the type/color coverage and the 6 turn heart making skills.

Would normally bet on Pandora/Loki skill ups from the twitter survey, but after Fairlio...

Now for new descend, Thoth and Sopdet:
pIZ6jWI.jpg
3ywyaPi.jpg

Hige

I'd hesitate to call the fairy tale characters 6 turn heart makers since they have no skill up materials but themselves.

Even with the golem/knight decreases, that just means you'll still get trolled with healer girls and the Ifrit/Tiamat etc. unevolved dragons, right?

razterik

Well, they are Egyptian and this is PAD, so #sameface, #sameart, #etc.

I have no doubt fairy tale will get skill ups. Fruit dragons didn't go long before they got theirs in Hello Kitty. Now whether it's in a collab we get or not is the question.

shinjijai

Does anyone run blonia with any regularity? I know of that she is probably the least common of the Sonia sisters, but I am building a physical team and want more of them as friends.

i have her max lvl and fully awoken, but i don't run her normally, as i'm missing a blodin. feel free to add me (335244246 shinji@gaf) and i'm happy to switch to her for you at any time.

From what I can tell, it seems like Pandora, Fuma Kotaro, and Loki skill ups are being voted for the most.

Is the Loki skill up they are voting for the dark flower, ECO dumpty, or something else? He is one of the gods with two skill up monsters (dumpty and dark flower), they are just really rare.

Hige

Puchiorchid. I'm noticing a lot of spammers too where like 20 accounts tweet at the exact same time, so I'm not sure how they handle the votes.

Limit

I have finally started moving towards my grand project of forming a Zaerog dragon and more importantly, max skilling my Zaerog. Currently he is level 3. Long ways to go. But I will not be deterred. Right now I have about 0 Zaerog friends and one Guan Yu user. But they will come. Oh they will come.

ZeroAKA

I finally managed to 0-stone the Twinlit dungeon and save up 2 Angelits. Should I use them to ultimate evolve my Horus or Ra, or should I try to get one more to evolve my Zeus?

linsivvi

I finally managed to 0-stone the Twinlit dungeon and save up 2 Angelits. Should I use them to ultimate evolve my Horus or Ra, or should I try to get one more to evolve my Zeus?

Are you using a Zeus team to clear the dungeon? If so, it might be a good idea to evolve Zeus first so you can farm the dungeon better. At least that's what I did when the dungeon first arrived. I spent many stones on stamina refresh and farmed the dungeon non-stop.

coy

I did the same as linsivvi and would recommend that but with a caveat. At the time of release, we could not get Angelits/Devilits through PEM. That is still a crapshoot, but it is another avenue in acquiring these mats which you may or may not find easier/less frustrating than running the dungeon. If you'd prefer to avoid this dungeon and try your luck, I'd go Horus then Ra then Zeus. Otherwise, my vote is Zeus then Horus then Ra.

ZeroAKA

Are you using a Zeus team to clear the dungeon? If so, it might be a good idea to evolve Zeus first so you can farm the dungeon better. At least that's what I did when the dungeon first arrived. I spent many stones on stamina refresh and farmed the dungeon non-stop.
I did the same as linsivvi and would recommend that but with a caveat. At the time of release, we could not get Angelits/Devilits through PEM. That is still a crapshoot, but it is another avenue in acquiring these mats which you may or may not find easier/less frustrating than running the dungeon. If you'd prefer to avoid this dungeon and try your luck, I'd go Horus then Ra then Zeus. Otherwise, my vote is Zeus then Horus then Ra.
Thanks, I'll evolve Zeus for now then. The Twinlits dungeon is by far my least favorite in the game, but I'll continue running it. :/

Pretty good Twinlits day for me, needed 3 Devilits, got those + 6 Angelits. Only 3 wipes, all on 1F, 2 from over killing and 1 from forgetting to heal while stalling.
lol

Got Baby Tama from all but 2 runs, I need Dubs. Yesterday I farmed Dragon Fruits and got 4 from ~25 runs or so(1 invade.) It's almost like the game knows exactly what you need and give you the opposite of that.

Paltros

I was finally able to 0 stone tri fruits and twinlits this week. Pandora sleeps walks through Tri Fruit no problem but I felt my twinlit run was pretty shaky (BOdinx2, Lilith, Bubblie, Sieg, Kraken), if only my Echidna or my UFO had one more skillup...

I have her up 99% of the time unless I'm farming KOG/supers (RSonia/LW Archangel) or doing some descend she can't handle. I have about 30 BSonias in my friend list too.

Top Bottom