• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jagernaut

Am pretty sure the Skill Up rate is different between one monster & another!
It took forever to Max her! I guess between 20-35 feeds.

I can only run the hardest difficulty 3 times per stamina bar (really easy with a Ronia team). Unlike Groove Coaster the xp is terrible so I won't level up much if I chain run it.

linsivvi

here is what I've been working with (mostly updated, couldn't figure out where to update rank o.0)

https://www.padherder.com/user/island-iap/sets/

I think I might give up on DQXQ and work on my Kirin team.

DQXQ is great for almost everything I do daily but I'm having a hell of a time with the new descends.

DQXQ is still better in dungeons where you cannot afford to fail a match, especially if you don't have max skilled orb changers.

Ideally you have multiple endgame teams so you will always have options. So don't give up on any one team.

damisa

8 pulls, in order:
golem
mech warrior jotunn
horus
angelion
toytops
grape dragon
bastet
viper orochi

No dupes with the gods. I've always wanted an orochi and bastet, and I have a kirin but it's nice to get horus as an alternative. So not bad.

edit: I am glad I didn't give up after grape dragon, was pretty close

am_dragon

Snip..
Now I'm angry. Off to the REM to make me feel better.
...snip

Not to dredge this back up but...
There is a very small chance of REM making you feel better. Next time have a beer, or ice cream, or go watch a movie.

Don't pull REM when you are angry.

colinp

Banned
Not to dredge this back up but...
There is a very small chance of REM making you feel better. Next time have a beer, or ice cream, or go watch a movie.

Don't pull REM when you are angry.

Hahaha, totally true. Maybe that should be in the op: Friends Don't Let Friends REM Angry.

Hige

Is there anything interesting the heroic gods (Pandora/Andromeda/Wukong etc.) can do that I can't with Kirin/Ronia?

I pulled a Hanzo today which means I can actually make a Pandora team now, but I'm not sure it's worth the exp investment in my case.

coy

Having a shitty week (not P&D related) so I thought skipping Sol would be the best course of action. I didn't want to try a new dungeon not being in the right frame of mind. Then I lost every match online with USF4 so said to hell with it and went after her. Glad she dropped on my first Legend run! I suppose things had to turn around at some point. I didn't even read up on her so when I entered and saw 1/10 Floor, I thought it was a typo haha. Anyways, I'm feeling better now. Thank you Puzzle Gods!

Horus / Hera-Is / Echidna / Kushinada / Izanagi

All gods max awoken, minimum lv88 for the team

razterik

Is there anything interesting the heroic gods (Pandora/Andromeda/Wukong etc.) can do that I can't with Kirin/Ronia?

I pulled a Hanzo today which means I can actually make a Pandora team now, but I'm not sure it's worth the exp investment in my case.

Pandora with Ronia->Hanzo combo kills almost anything. For stability, throw in Vamp (or even better, Dark Valk once she gets her row enhance update). If you have Dark Tron or DA Lucifer, you have a complete team. Otherwise, Dragon Zombie, Cerberus, or D/B Batman are okay alternatives for fourth slot.

This team can put out way more damage than Ronia, but isn't quite as built for recovering from hits without plus eggs. Good for straight dungeons where you need to blast through everything quickly. Nice side is that many of the members can be fit into both Pandora and Ronia.

Hesitant to compare Kirin and Pandora since they are totally different styles. I would say Pandora is pretty close damage wise outside the final spike. Takes less effort to match. Kirin has a more flexible team, easier to slot different utility members.

Hige

Yeah, Hanzo was the last piece I needed to make a good Pandora team. I have DA Luci, Vamp/Dark Valk, and Ronia as my other sub options. Eh, I might make Pandora a side project then. Just need to get the exp to level everything up.

I only mentioned Kirin because if there's something Ronia is less ideal for I can usually handle it with Kirin, so it doesn't feel like I need any other teams except for variety's sake.

Tobe

Yeah, Hanzo was the last piece I needed to make a good Pandora team. I have DA Luci, Vamp/Dark Valk, and Ronia as my other sub options. Eh, I might make Pandora a side project then. Just need to get the exp to level everything up.

I only mentioned Kirin because if there's something Ronia is less ideal for I can usually handle it with Kirin, so it doesn't feel like I need any other teams except for variety's sake.

dark valk is better than vamp. she gets a row enhancement in the next patch.

Wow, congrat. Hanzo still the last missing piece of my pandora team. I replaced him as hanahime but the lack of RCV is risky for any descended.

quin

Here is my group of Sonias. I really wish i could give them to people...
14042922485790o6soc.jpg

Zero_IYAD

I can only run the hardest difficulty 3 times per stamina bar (really easy with a Ronia team). Unlike Groove Coaster the xp is terrible so I won't level up much if I chain run it.
Same for me, thus I burnt stones to Max her out.
& true, 50 stamina for 11000 EXP is horrible :|

I finally snagged another keeper of gold from pal. Wondering what to use it on. What are your guys top 5 ultimate evos that require keeper of gold? I already did Siegfried but don't even use him much. I have Amon but not sure it would be much use. I have a ton of so whatever are your guys most useful evos just let me know.

Or should I just wait and hold onto it for now?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone want a present? Been playing on my dummy account until GungHo does their review and will hit 20 after my next dungeon.

First friend request I get (with an @GAF or @PG) will get it. Prefer it to go newer plays since they likely don't have all 5 present dragons, but whatever. :)

E: Present sent. Enjoy!

J0dy77

Well I don't DQXQ makes a good endgame lead without some REM support. But yeah, I plan on being almost completely IAP free. Kirin seems to be the most viable endgame lead without any REM support.

The game has gotten to a point where there are a lot of end game viable leads. Some are easier than others but you don't have to pound your head against the wall trying to get one specific mob. We've proven in this community over and over that having a bad starting monster isn't a brick wall for Non IAP players. I personally started with Ceres because she was a God and the game was dominated by ADK as main leaders when I started. My box includes Horus, DQXQ, Haku, Leylan, Lucifer, Ra, Yamato as capable leaders. You're going to get lucky at some point as long as you play the game correctly and use the tons of free stones Gungho gives us correctly.

If you want to keep rolling until you get a very top tier god, more power to you but it is far from necessary to enjoy and progress in the game.

Same for me, thus I burnt stones to Max her out.
& true, 50 stamina for 11000 EXP is horrible :|

I went crazy on Eco the last time it was around to max out Yomi, I'm debating if I should do it again for Venus. So much pain involved.

J0dy77

Anyone want a present? Been playing on my dummy account until GungHo does their review and will hit 20 after my next dungeon.

First friend request I get (with an @GAF or @PG) will get it. Prefer it to go newer plays since they likely don't have all 5 present dragons, but whatever. :)

E: Present sent. Enjoy!

Invite sent. GIMME GIMME!!!

Two Tamas from 10 pal pulls. Maybe it's my lucky day.

What is a good team to tackle Heracles? Him, Zues Dios, and Gaia are the only descends I have not completed.

J0dy77

What is a good team to tackle Heracles? Him, Zues Dios, and Gaia are the only descends I have not completed.

Heracles was pretty easy for Double Horus with the weakness to fire. Can't remember the exact team I used.

coy

Does NA/EU/KR have infuence when it comes to survey dungeons? Seems like it's mainly JP or maybe those with JP accounts. That is where I wish we had more of a say if we don't.

Ducarmel

Does NA/EU/KR have infuence when it comes to survey dungeons? Seems like it's mainly JP or maybe those with JP accounts. That is where I wish we had more of a say if we don't.

The twitter vote is always in Japanese, but I don't think nothing is stopping anybody with a twitter account submitting a valid vote, or posting your thoughts in general if you can read write Japanese.

The only influence if any NA or EU may have if any is through the facebook, post/bitch enough about stuff maybe they will listen.

Did you have any heartmaker in the team for Heracles?

I followed this vid for Heracles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td-TShnXaF4

My team Horus, Echidna, Kushinada, Yomi, Izanagi, Horus. Just need to have >17200 health for preemptive strikes. Easy to stall for skill on Archangel and you could stall one or 2 turns in the previous floors. Immune to skill bind, then use menace, and I burned him down in how many turns I had to do it. Yomi + Izanagi skill almost one shot him for me

Epic Drop

Hi everyone,

I've collected a pretty decent number of monsters recently. I know that you should always have multiple teams, because one team typically doesn't work for everything - but I'm looking for some direction on where I should focus my energy. I'll get to everything eventually, I just am hoping for some of the more experienced folks here to give me an idea on the best possible team I can build and should be working on.

Here is my padherder: https://www.padherder.com/user/Epic_Drop/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

Here are the teams I see being able to build:

1. A physical team with Sieg as lead and b/d karin, ult amon, b/l neptune, and something else as subs

2. A balanced team with Cu chu as lead, including g/r pavarti, grodin, and others as subs

3. A mono green team with a G/L parvati as lead and similar subs to the balance team. Seems like it could be neat with a ton of auto healing once grodin's ult comes to the US.

4. A Karin team

5. A healer team

6. A dark team

Out of these teams (or others that you may see based on the padherder), which do you guys think I should focus my efforts, XP, and + eggs into building? I'd like to focus on the most "viable" team, I just don't have the experience to know which that is.

I have 15-20 tamadras along with a 3 angelits, 2 devilits, 2 keepers of gold, 2 green dragon fruit, and 3 red dragon fruit. I've also got about 100+ eggs on fodder that I can feed to the best team I can build.

I did spend a ton of time in pouring tower last week and max skilled every heart maker and angelion.

Jagernaut

This is my post from March:

1 stoned Heracles master and got the drop. Could have been zero stones but I was skill locked and couldn't get above 10k hp after Heracles 99% attack. I managed to hit 25x on Gigas and Heracles.

F/L Horus
F/F Echidna
L/G Valkyrie
BOdin
DTron
Jody's F/L Horus

A full skill bind resist Horus team will easily zero stone it.

I cleared Zeus Dios with Horus (before the ultimate evolution) by using Ares to create a ton of fire orbs and 16x attacks.

Ducarmel

Out of these teams (or others that you may see based on the padherder), which do you guys think I should focus my efforts, XP, and + eggs into building? I'd like to focus on the most "viable" team, I just don't have the experience to know which that is.

I have 15-20 tamadras along with a 3 angelits, 2 devilits, 2 keepers of gold, 2 green dragon fruit, and 3 red dragon fruit. I've also got about 100+ eggs on fodder that I can feed to the best team I can build.

Physical/balanced/Mono Green teams are good but I would only use it for easy daily farming stuff I would not focus so much resources on it. But Healer Valk team are more popular you will find more people use Valk for easy farming over Berserk/Highlander.

Karin team is the only viable team you can build that has a chance to clear end game stuff. Unless you get a better god focus on using her and making friends that main her. You can also make friends that main Isis, Bastet, or Kushinada if you cant find more Karin users

I assume you seen this guide already but here.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=49021

I have a BD Karin if you need a friend but I only put her up if I get a message in game or some one post here asking for her, normally I main Kushinada, Bastet, or Valk but because of the event I have been giving my Horus a lot more work Ducrml@gaf 368,865,267.

Zero_IYAD

I went crazy on Eco the last time it was around to max out Yomi, I'm debating if I should do it again for Venus. So much pain involved.
I did exactly the opposite thing last time.
I maxed a L/D Venus which I NEVER used :|
So I had to Max Yomi this time which I use alot.
Unless Maxing that Venus is important to you & you'll really use it don't bother with it Jody.
A HORRIBLE SKILL UP RATE!

J0dy77

Did you have any heartmaker in the team for Heracles?

I'd bring Valk but I honestly can't remember. My staple team these days for Descended dungeons is Echidna, Susano or Kushid, Hera-IS and Yomi. You can swap in Valk for Susano or Vamp for Hera.

I did exactly the opposite thing last time.
I maxed a L/D Venus which I NEVER used :|
So I had to Max Yomi this time which I use alot.
Unless Maxing that Venus is important to you & you'll really use it don't bother with it Jody.
A HORRIBLE SKILL UP RATE!

I use her a lot on my Valk team but that's really just a farm team. Only descended I use it for is Hera which is on Ez mode anyway. It would save me a couple of turns of delay but not a huge advantage. I may try and get a few skill ups over the next few days, we'll see. So... Mucch... pain....

Edit: Yomi is the one true god.

Jagernaut

From puzzledragonx : [Time-travel] "Ninja/Rider Carnival" starts Friday 7/4.

Screenshot on puzzleanddragonsforum shows Dark Valkyrie is included.

I already have 2 Hanzo, Hatsume, and 1 each of the red/green/blue riders. I just want a Gryps Rider.

From puzzledragonx : [Time-travel] "Ninja/Rider Carnival" starts Friday 7/4.

Screenshot on puzzleanddragonsforum shows Dark Valkyrie is included.

I already have 2 Hanzo, Hatsume, and 1 each of the red/green/blue riders. I just want a Gryps Rider.

Damn. The perfect event for sucking money out of those who have Dark Metatron. I'm glad I abandoned my account that had her. I don't think I'd be able to resist the temptation to buy stones for this.

Tobe

I have a +297 max level if you need. Shoot me your id, I'm not near my tablet to give you my id.

tobe@GAF
369 376 278

new gaffers you can add me tho i have i think like 5 slots open.

i just want a hero team.

currently leveling up my ronia team, then im leveling my eventual cao cao team. got all the good red subs (well i dont have ares but i got ame no uzume, leilan, dino, asuka)

am_dragon

Hi everyone,

I would recommend getting your healer team leveled. Valk, Shynee, Echi, Parv, Fairlio. When you get a Siren she fits well too. I really love this team, it has a wide utility, as it can clear most of the normal game content and many colab dungeons.

I have a max'd Valk and lvl 94 Karin b/d, if you want to add me. 382,335,299
Valk is usually up, then Bastet, then Kirin or Karin, just messge me in game if you need something.

tobe@GAF
369 376 278

new gaffers you can add me tho i havI'me i think like 5 slots open.

i just want a hero team.

currently leveling up my ronia team, then im leveling my eventual cao cao team. got all the good red subs (well i dont have ares but i got ame no uzume, leilan, dino, asuka)

Nice! Hit me up, too. I'd love to add a souped-up Wukong so I can run mine more often.

ID: 343149208

Just saw your post. I will add you guys as soon as possible if I haven't already. My ID is UpYours@/r

Epic Drop

I would recommend getting your healer team leveled. Valk, Shynee, Echi, Parv, Fairlio. When you get a Siren she fits well too. I really love this team, it has a wide utility, as it can clear most of the normal game content and many colab dungeons.

I have a max'd Valk and lvl 94 Karin b/d, if you want to add me. 382,335,299
Valk is usually up, then Bastet, then Kirin or Karin, just messge me in game if you need something.

Physical/balanced/Mono Green teams are good but I would only use it for easy daily farming stuff I would not focus so much resources on it. But Healer Valk team are more popular you will find more people use Valk for easy farming over Berserk/Highlander.

Karin team is the only viable team you can build that has a chance to clear end game stuff. Unless you get a better god focus on using her and making friends that main her. You can also make friends that main Isis, Bastet, or Kushinada if you cant find more Karin users

I assume you seen this guide already but here.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/sho....php?tid=49021

I have a BD Karin if you need a friend but I only put her up if I get a message in game or some one post here asking for her, normally I main Kushinada, Bastet, or Valk but because of the event I have been giving my Horus a lot more work Ducrml@gaf 368,865,267.

Thanks for the input guys. I like the idea of a healer team and feel like I have all of the necessary components, but I've heard that they are incredibly dependent on + HP eggs. How many + HP eggs would you say are necessary before I could reasonably expect to clear some Decends?

I also like the idea of a G/L Parvati team, just because it would give me a good excuse to use my grodin. 3k healing per turn (both parvati + odin) seems really good, but is that only useful for farming and not very useful for decends?

Edit: Or, I could do what I sortof feel like I actually should do, and just focus on Karin.

Top Bottom