• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

I think I've done about 25 runs with only a single chaser drop. :[

Yep...been running Temptress all day, every time I can. I think I've only run it about 5 times, but nada.

Thinking about just ignoring it until the last day, and taking advantage of the 2x drop rate then.

I've been doing the same thing. At least ten runs without one drop. I was trying to recall why I didn't max Haku last time. I suddenly remember. :(

Jagernaut

I've been doing the same thing. At least ten runs without one drop. I was trying to recall why I didn't max Haku last time. I suddenly remember. :(

Wait until 2x drop, I collected over 20 chasers last time and max skilled my Haku over time as I collected the evo mats. I also max skilled Hanzo.

NineH

The chaser drop rate is so painful, I almost regret wasting stamina on the dungeon but I need to get as much as possible to max skill haku fast.

J0dy77

Doh!!! Haku Ultimate goes live and I forgot to farm a Rainbow Keeper yesterday. The agony of waiting until next tuesday begins...

linsivvi

*Fields of Battle*
[Duration]: 7/11 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 7/20 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The Drum of War has sounded. You have trained hard, but are you prepared? Many will fall, but in their wake a truly memorable tale will be told. We march onward… onto Fields of Battle.

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
7/11 - 7/20 - 1 free Magic Stone daily
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■ ② Unique Multi-Day Dungeons
We’ve included a mix of old and new dungeons in this event. With training suitable for both the recruit and the veteran, these dungeons are sure to help you along your journey.

7/14 - 7/16 - Breakers!
7/17 - 7/18 - ???????????
7/19 - 7/20 - Tower of Jewels

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
7/11 - Zeus Descended!
7/12 - Izanami Descended!
7/13 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
7/14 - Hera-Ur Descended!
7/15 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
7/16 - Takeminakata Descended!
7/17 - The Goddess Descended!
7/18 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
7/19 - Hera-Is Descended!
7/20 - Heracles Descended!

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
7/11 - 7/15 - Jewel/Metal King Dragons
7/16 - 7/20 - Rare Evo Materials

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

Current estimate is that ??? is Extreme God Rush.

Oh boy...

Epic Drop

Looks like a fun event. I think I'll be taking on Hera-Ur and Hera-Is for the first time now that my Karin team is pretty built up... and I'll definitely be farming the crap out of Tower of Jewel for plus eggs.

10 more stones is nice too. Hope they give us a Heros/Chinese godfest...

So is anyone going to try and field a extreme god rush team?

I'm thinking Anubis leads, d/l Yomi (with max skill CTW), UVO susano (max skill), red Sonia, and echidna.

Only Sonia is max level, and no one is egged really well. But if I can survive a bit and pop susano before killing Athena, I should be ok...

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Gonna try my best to get ready for Goddess descended. Think it's possible with:
DQXQ/Echinda/angelion?

Other two spots I don't know what to put. I have King shynee for the 3x healer burst, or I could use a yomi for CTW? Maybe a Rainbow keeper for HP?

Someone help please

DQXQ/Echinda/angelion?

Other two spots I don't know what to put. I have King shynee for the 3x healer burst, or I could use a yomi for CTW? Maybe a Rainbow keeper for HP?

Someone help please

Damn how'd you get an Echidna? Did you do her survey dungeon when it came?

Anyway my (very little experience) opinion is: DQXQ, Echidna, Angelion, Shynee, Rainbow Keeper (if you really need the HP). Unless Yomi has a healer subtype in which case use Yomi instead of Rainbow Keeper.

Dunno if that's enough HP or damage to actually matter though in Goddess Descended.

MikeDip

Damn how'd you get an Echidna? Did you do her survey dungeon when it came?

Anyway my (very little experience) opinion is: DQXQ, Echidna, Angelion, Shynee, Rainbow Keeper (if you really need the HP). Unless Yomi has a healer subtype in which case use Yomi instead of Rainbow Keeper.

Dunno if that's enough HP or damage to actually matter though in Goddess Descended.

No, I farmed serpent for ages until she dropped. I want her dungeon to come though so I can start skilling her.

Yomi doesn't have a healer subtype. she really doesn't fit the DQXQ healer team but I like her skill :\

razterik

Wonder if the Chinese jewel invades are going to start showing up this event. Got the art assets and the Beelzebub ultimate is useless without them. Will be a nasty surprise for anyone counting on a standard descend run.

No, I farmed serpent for ages until she dropped. I want her dungeon to come though so I can start skilling her.

Yomi doesn't have a healer subtype. she really doesn't fit the DQXQ healer team but I like her skill :\

Heh I've been farming Serpent too! Nothing yet. Wish me luck!

And yeah, Yomi might not be a healer. But maybe CTW is worth losing out on one healer sub? She'd still get 16x. And her skill would ensure an extremely optimal Shiny burst for the other subs.

Ducarmel

DQXQ/Echinda/angelion?

Someone help please
Legend right?

If you go with Yomi then you will need to use menace in round 4, and hope 16x * shynee is enough to take out valk in one shot. I think it might be enough but use a calculator to be sure.

If you take RK then you can use his skill in round 4 and save menace for Valk and you will have 4+ turns to take her out.

You just have to pick your spots to stall, its easy to stall on Mk.III if your hp > 11319 and you don't damage him under 50%hp, you will have 3 turns to heal back up

colinp

Banned
Wonder if the Chinese jewel invades are going to start showing up this event. Got the art assets and the Beelzebub ultimate is useless without them. Will be a nasty surprise for anyone counting on a standard descend run.

Sccccccaaaaaarrry!

I wanna see the fruit dragons come around, too, though I'm not sure what color to grab.

MikeDip

Heh I've been farming Serpent too! Nothing yet. Wish me luck!

And yeah, Yomi might not be a healer. But maybe CTW is worth losing out on one healer sub? She'd still get 16x. And her skill would ensure an extremely optimal Shiny burst for the other subs.

Legend right?

If you go with Yomi then you will need to use menace in round 4, and hope 16x * shynee is enough to take out valk in one shot. I think it might be enough but use a calculator to be sure.

If you take RK then you can use his skill in round 4 and save menace for Valk and you will have 4+ turns to take her out.

You just have to pick your spots to stall, its easy to stall on Mk.III if your hp > 11319 and you don't damage him under 50%hp, you will have 3 turns to heal back up

Yeah that's what I was thinking. So what subs would you guys recommend? I assume bringing Yomi and RK would be too much dark/not enough healers?

I believe I can work on my levels and get HP above 11319. I have a week to level up.

Ducarmel

I would bring RK over Yomi just to save menace for Valk if possible and have those extra turns if the 16x*shynee buff does not kill her, and it does not hurt to have the hp.

MikeDip officially good luck. I got an Echidna drop my first Serpent run RIGHT after asking him to wish me luck.

Also, how difficult is Goddess Descended or Hera Is Descended on legendary difficulty? Could I clear it with a team of Kirin/DQXQ/Rainbow Keeper/Alarune/Echidna/Kirin?

MikeDip

MikeDip officially good luck. I got an Echidna drop my first Serpent run RIGHT after asking him to wish me luck.

Also, how difficult is Goddess Descended or Hera Is Descended on legendary difficulty? Could I clear it with a team of Kirin/DQXQ/Rainbow Keeper/Alarune/Echidna/Kirin?

Okay you owe me now. Wish me luck back please, I'd like to win the lottery this week

Jagernaut

6 runs of the Metal/Gold dungeon, 2 gold kings and no Tamadra. Unlucky since there is 1/3 chance of getting a Tamadra on the last floor.

am_dragon

2 baby Tamara 4 gold kings from 16 runs.

I'm at 530 days and I just realized that Challenge Mode gives stones, so I've been working my way through normal again. That was a nice surprise.

linsivvi

Shouldn't we be due for that one time run "Fruit Dragon" dungeon. I really want a grape one. Want to try a dark devil team with tons of row enhance.

Well I imagine one time dungeons would last for the whole event.

As for Extreme God Rush, I guess I'll just brute force it with stones...

3 Baby Tamadras in 3 runs. Guess I was lucky.

Tobe

i wasted all my data plan on spotify so i cant play pad while im out :( fuck this shit missed the tamas.

on a bright side i got another wukong skill up invade.

razterik

New survey dungeon is Black Fairy boss and Gold Pirate common drop. Pandora got even better. Wish I had pulled more than one of her. Gold Pirate is okay since it'll let me finish my second Kotaro, but now I have to think about farming Purple Flower. Not sure since I almost never use Loki, but if he gets an I&I style update, it might be worthwhile.

Thoth and Sopdet skills:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=97

Hmm, light/dark teams might be a thing now.

Jagernaut

Game is back up, there is 2000 pal points compensation. Ultimate evolved Haku to D/D and max awakened her.

Edit. You can have 2 leaders up now. Last used leader is leader 1, leader in your first team slot is leader 2.

raiot

I will permanently have my DTron up.
I'm still unsure if I should leave Zaerog, Kirin, Shiva or anything else up...
I REALLY hope more people leave Zaerog, he is just cool :D

Really sad that i didn't get any baby tamas yesterday. Might have to try triffuits and twinlits to get them so I can awaken Haku more.

Gotta work on evolving chaser so I can try and skill her up tomorrow.

Also got some skill up stuff from Gaia (I hated this dungeon, way worse than tengu, draggie and sandalphon)

Edit: currently permanently leaving up my max lvl shiva with 1 skill up and some eggs. Not sure what would be better for pal points? Shiva is at least useful for twinlits and trifruits. Other options are red Sonia (most used leader currently), UVO Ammy (max level almost to 1000 rcv through eggs), Kirin (max level but no skill ups and low eggs), Luci (max level and some eggs), valk (max lvl, max skill, way to many eggs since I don't use her), and then projects (UVO Karin, UVO Haku, U&Y, UVO unit-13)

colinp

Banned
Game is back up, there is 2000 pal points compensation. Ultimate evolved Haku to D/D and max awakened her.

Edit. You can have 2 leaders up now. Last used leader is leader 1, leader in your first team slot is leader 2.

Oh so that's how it works. I really like this addition- it's a great idea! Well played Gung-ho.

What's happening with that other big addition that is supposed to be coming to PAD? The one with tamas or whatever...?

Hige

I've wanted this dual leader update so much ever since it was announced for the JP version. Time to unleash Valkronia and rake in the pal points!

Oh so that's how it works. I really like this addition- it's a great idea! Well played Gung-ho.

What's happening with that other big addition that is supposed to be coming to PAD? The one with tamas or whatever...?
Comes out on the 17th, supposed to get a gigantic infodump on the 15th

J0dy77

I've wanted this dual leader update so much ever since it was announced for the JP version. Time to unleash Valkronia and rake in the pal points!

I'm still trying to understand how this works. I'll always have Horus up in my main team first leader slot. The second slot will be the last leader you use but what if I use Horus? Do I only have one leader or it falls back to the last different leader?

I'm still trying to understand how this works. I'll always have Horus up in my main team first leader slot. The second slot will be the last leader you use but what if I use Horus? Do I only have one leader or it falls back to the last different leader?
If your last leader is your leader slot #1, your friends above 120 rank will see your leader listed twice on the helper list.

Top Bottom