• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

If your last leader is your leader slot #1, your friends above 120 rank will see your leader listed twice on the helper list.

Got it, was kind of assuming that after just logging in. So basically the friend list we have to choose from just doubled, that's pretty kick ass. It really was a needed change after all parody in leaders with so many viable options these days.

Hige

They make it easy to see what leaders your friends will see. If you exit the edit team menu on your first team and enter the edit menu again, you'll see a little 1 and 2 icon right above your monsters. I mostly use Ronia, so I have her on team 2 and I'll just swap my team 1 leader whenever I want so I'll always have 2 different leaders available.

A good chunk of my friend list had duplicate leaders up, so hopefully that will change as people realize how the new system works.

J0dy77

Where does Haku rank on the leader list with this ultimate fusion? The devil sub type and dual dark enhance is insanely strong.

I'm going to throw everything I have at max skilling her when Watery Temptress hits 2x drop rate. Here's the team I'm thinking about:

94juhz1.png

This team has 50% dark row enhance and 3 skill cooldown reduction. 3x burst for bosses for 5 of the 6 team members. Crazy strong.

Jagernaut

Where does Haku rank on the leader list with this ultimate fusion? The devil sub type and dual dark enhance is insanely strong.

I'm going to throw everything I have at max skilling her when Watery Temptress hits 2x drop rate. Here's the team I'm thinking about:

94juhz1.png

This team has 50% dark row enhance and 3 skill cooldown reduction. 3x burst for bosses for 5 of the 6 team members. Crazy strong.

Ultimate Haku is pretty strong, I'm glad I max skilled her. I'm trying out different teams, this is my current team:

D/D Haku
Ultimate Echidna
Blue Odin
CDK Voice
D/W Batman

Once I finish awakening Batman and CDK I will have (with max awakened Haku friend):

5 skill boosts - can use CDK immediately, and Haku by turn 4
5 dark row boost
80% enhanced dark orbs
4 monsters with 2 prong attack
2x dark attack boost for boss in 10 turns

Edit. I can swap BOdin for Loki (2 dark row boost) and still cover blue.

ccbfan

What evo are most people going for Haku?

I don't have any strong devil leaders (best is Hera), so going devil Haku doesn't help me much. If I had a Ronia it would be a no brainer.

D/R Haku seem to work better for me since it would essentially make her a guaranteed 3.5x. The problem with going D/R Haku is, Am I even going to have any partners with D/R Haku?

Or is D/D Haku a good enough leader and sub that going that is a no brainer?

Musan

D/R Haku can pair with D/D Haku just fine, you' just lose the flexibility of D/R Haku's leader skill. D/R Haku can be pretty good on Zaerog and D/L Fagan teams.

D/D Haku is a better sub, but the Haku team I run is Haku/Okuninushi/Persephone/Blue Odin/Loki.

So is 2x drop rate on Watery Temptress confirmed? Cause I've gotten 0 Chasers so far and don't feel like spending stones on this mess.
Has a weekly dungeon ever not gotten a 2x drop day (or two 12-hr periods for biweeklies)?

I don't have any strong devil leaders (best is Hera), so going devil Haku doesn't help me much. If I had a Ronia it would be a no brainer.

D/R Haku seem to work better for me since it would essentially make her a guaranteed 3.5x. The problem with going D/R Haku is, Am I even going to have any partners with D/R Haku?

If you're running row Byakko, go for D/D for sure. But if you're sticking with vanilla Byakko for farming or w/e, D/F might be better due to ease of use. If unsure, might as well give D/F a spin and you can reverse the ult evo if need be. Going for D/D first and going back to D/F would waste a Devilit though.

J0dy77

Ultimate Haku is pretty strong, I'm glad I max skilled her. I'm trying out different teams, this is my current team:

D/D Haku
Ultimate Echidna
Blue Odin
CDK Voice
D/W Batman

Once I finish awakening Batman and CDK I will have (with max awakened Haku friend):

5 skill boosts - can use CDK immediately, and Haku by turn 4
5 dark row boost
80% enhanced dark orbs
4 monsters with 2 prong attack
2x dark attack boost for boss in 10 turns

Edit. I can swap BOdin for Loki (2 dark row boost) and still cover blue.

I'm jealous of your Blodin, Loki and D/W Batman, would love to have any of those. The great thing about Haku has always been the ease of finding great subs for her team. Can mix and match as needed.

If I can max skill a King Baddie along with Haku the majority of descended dungeons just become a joke. Definitely my new team project.

linsivvi

I am going with D/D. Not only is it a great leader on its own, 2 row enhance and skill boost makes it a great sub for Satan as well.

D/F haku makes for easier farming. D/D makes an amazing row leader capable of tackling extremely tough descends with relative ease. And an amazing sub for certain teams.

ccbfan

Yeah after looking at all the suggestion looks like D/D is the choice.

Had D/R Haku been any class other than dragon she would have been a lot better.

razterik

Major update and we just now got the last one? Would guess it will be a month or more before we see it here. I don't even know if they'll bother with the Tamadra mini-game here.

Guess I need to finally pick up Fagan next. L/L is going to be a great farm team if enough people run him.

Has a weekly dungeon ever not gotten a 2x drop day (or two 12-hr periods for biweeklies)?

Guess not? Don't really pay attention to the ones I don't have to run. :)

Trying to get as much damage out of Byakko as possible while waiting for stamina. So far gotten a 5.5mil as the highest. Not often you can get 3 perfect rows in a normal dungeon though.

Gotta say the 2 extra row awakenings are really great. Did a few runs of KoG earlier to see if there was any difference from before, and it's crazy how much more damage just 2 additional awakenings give. Pretty awesome.

razterik

Two prong is really held back by the lack of rider skill ups. Will hamper green Zhuge quite a bit, unfortunately. Athena will manage okay since she can't generally field riders anyway.

I&I buff is amazing with all the pieces. Near constant 1.5x water boost with tons of row enhance. Only missing Blue Valk makes me sad. Fiddled a bit with subbing Blue Sonia which gives an fantastic board burst and a potential full blue board with Hatsume. Not quite as good as a second quick orb changer, though.

colinp

Banned
Major update and we just now got the last one? Would guess it will be a month or more before we see it here. I don't even know if they'll bother with the Tamadra mini-game here.

Guess I need to finally pick up Fagan next. L/L is going to be a great farm team if enough people run him.

Really? I think they'll bring it. It's a pretty major addition to the game, not a collab that requires licensing and the like. Just a matter of when, which is always a crap shoot.

razterik

If put on the spot, I'd say it will come over, but it might depend on how integrated with the main game and how translation intensive it is. There's a lot of factors that are unclear for now. Will know more next week. But I've learned to keep my expectations of Gungho low. Not a slam against the NA office, who seem to do the best they can under the yoke of an fairly uninterested JP team.

quin

https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...gho/the-spirit-jewels/874075572621036?fref=nf

For reference, the invade rate in JP is apparently 8-10% on Mythical and 3% on Legendary. JP also just saw them get added to PAL in the currently running event.

I hate farming those jewels. I'm at about 1/17 on average. Actually the hera-ur dungeon I gave up on after doing it over 20times and getting no invades.

So many of my descended monsters are max skilled now that I really have no reason to go back in them...

Also, it seems that starting with the Ocean Dragon Rider dungeon the skill-up floor is no longer a 100% drop on Legendary anymore. It looks to be about 80%. I don't know if anyone else can confirm this or not.

I've actually become bored of the game.. :(

linsivvi

The most ridiculous evo materials yet. Even at 10%, it takes an average of 500 stamina to get one to drop. So that's an average of 2500 stamina to evolve Fagan or Beelzebub.

And that's assuming you never fail a Mythical descend run.

Pass.

yami4ct

The most ridiculous evo materials yet. Even at 10%, it takes an average of 500 stamina to get one to drop. So that's an average of 2500 stamina to evolve Fagan or Beelzebub.

And that's assuming you never fail a Mythical descend run.

Pass.

Yep, these are the dumbest evo-materials ever. Good thing nothing too important needs them. I'm sure they'll be around in a fashion reasonable for regular people to get soon enough, though. After GungHo soaks up all the whale-money, anyway.

Zero_IYAD

Well, my long-time project is officially over..
It kinda feels weird that I won't have to farm anymore Keepers of Water after farming at least a 100!
I think I started working on this project since February or even before that!

tumblr_n8jgz9cZr01srgzyyo1_500.jpg

ss2_1gaulj.jpg

Superior(Transcendent?)King metal Dragon.
Looks to be an invade in the God Rush dungeon
Majestic as fuck!

Quantum

this remains so stupid.

3x does not equal 3%, 1x does not equal 1% its likely much less.

its silly to argue about rate drops when they use words like normal or 3 times normal without any understanding with reference to the actual percentages.

even Vegas and Atlantic have published payout rates. While this is not gambling for money it walks a very fine line and I'm sure that all of these pay too win games will come under fire in the future.

understanding most gambling systems I'm sure nothing will be done about it.

its intersting if you e-mail and try to ask too many questions the response is always the same, they thank you for your input and will use your concerns going forward.

"Thank you for contacting the Puzzle & Dragons support team.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Please be informed that we will consider your inquiry as your feedback regarding the Rare Egg Machine, and we will take note of it for future reference.

We would like to take into account all the feedback and suggestion sent to us to make Puzzle & Dragons more enjoyable. Please feel free to contact us if you have any ideas or suggestions.

We ask for your continued support and patronage."

(this e-mail was not sent in relation to the current rate but in reference to a previous issue. The truth of the matter is they just don't care as long as we keep sending them money. If you disagree, send the company an e-mail and read the response you get.)

am_dragon

Padx has 2x rate Watery Temptress for the 12th. Glad I can stop wasting stamina on that train wreck now. I've been running it all week and pulled 12 Hamahime. I lost count but I'm around 24 runs without a drop right now. At least my Hanzo skilled 3 / 12.

I've been out of this thread too long.

The latest update seems pretty awesome, love being able to have two leaders up. And about damn time for Haku. Ult.Evo and max awoken...time to party.

ss2_1gaulj.jpg

Superior(Transcendent?)King metal Dragon.
Looks to be an invade in the God Rush dungeon

Looks like Jabba the Hut

J0dy77

I've been out of this thread too long.

The latest update seems pretty awesome, love being able to have two leaders up. And about damn time for Haku. Ult.Evo and max awoken...time to party.

Looks like Jabba the Hut

Don't you leave us too...

This update is really nice and I have been enjoying the game again. the last two descendeds and focusing on other teams has been fun.

But I still really really f'ing hate the Friday Mythical. Trolled twice this morning and 100 stam down the tubes. I've gotten 7 dark mythlits in a row while ive needed Light mythlit to switch Ra over for close to a month. Frustration really setting in.

Haku demanded food so she are my dark snow globe, got a great and is maxed now.

Only skill level 2, but I can work on that. Still missing 2 awakenings, but I have 1 baby Tama so practically halfway there. Hopefully next week will be a new flower dragon and I'll get a score attack Tama.

So Ronia team is now Ronia leads, UVO r/d shiva, UVO D/D Haku, king baddie, and Archedemon Luci. 6 dark row enhance, 3 red row enhance, orb enhance for both main colors, armour break, and three all orb change moves (though 1 does add water orbs). Should I sub in UVO Loki for two more row enhancements instead of shiva or king baddie?

Now to work on the components of my Haku team. Largely the same except for d/a vamp instead of shiva.

But I still really really f'ing hate the Friday Mythical. Trolled twice this morning and 100 stam down the tubes. I've gotten 7 dark mythlits in a row while ive needed Light mythlit to switch Ra over for close to a month. Frustration really setting in.

What team do you run? I hated the trolling that can happen with the standard Zues team. Depending on premium sub options you may have something else that will limit your trolling significantly. My preferred team is my Ronia team with a fully awoken Ammy instead of Haku and a UVO d/l Lilith instead of Luci. You still have to stall on the first round but once you stall for your two "armour" breaking skills (poison and Shiva's third eye in my case) you can steam roll the rest of the dungeon. Dual Ronia with 1 being king baddie 3x destroys the boss level.

Jagernaut

Haku demanded food so she are my dark snow globe, got a great and is maxed now.

Only skill level 2, but I can work on that. Still missing 2 awakenings, but I have 1 baby Tama so practically halfway there. Hopefully next week will be a new flower dragon and I'll get a score attack Tama.

So Ronia team is now Ronia leads, UVO r/d shiva, UVO D/D Haku, king baddie, and Archedemon Luci. 6 dark row enhance, 3 red row enhance, orb enhance for both main colors, armour break, and three all orb change moves (though 1 does add water orbs). Should I sub in UVO Loki for two more row enhancements instead of shiva or king baddie?

Now to work on the components of my Haku team. Largely the same except for d/a vamp instead of shiva.

What team do you run? I hated the trolling that can happen with the standard Zues team. Depending on premium sub options you may have something else that will limit your trolling significantly. My preferred team is my Ronia team with a fully awoken Ammy instead of Haku and a UVO d/l Lilith instead of Luci. You still have to stall on the first round but once you stall for your two "armour" breaking skills (poison and Shiva's third eye in my case) you can steam roll the rest of the dungeon. Dual Ronia with 1 being king baddie 3x destroys the boss level.

I think Jody uses Zeus which is the best farmable leader for twinlits but is still unreliable. Many times you overkill the first stage (die on next stage because no skills are are charged) or leave too many alive and die anyway.

If you have one of the special gods (DTron, Ltron, Ronia) you can make a much better team but he lacks those gods. Once I got my DTron team up I abandoned Zeus.

J0dy77

I'm still running Zeus. I just haven't had the luck with the premium/Godfest only Rem mobs. No ronia, no Odins, etc. I've gotten really good with the Zeus team, with the exact amount of light sources necessary, 3 matches leaves me with 2 worms, skyfall doesnt wipe me if I get a bit lucky... works well. But then the BS of random 3 light dropping together, getting locked out and hammered with heart trolling, caused me 3 straight wipes this morning. Really annoying.

I really want the grape fruit dragon so I can try and skill cooldown Pandora/Tiamat team and completely avoid the troll. I'm one or two mobs from making a consistent "no luck" team.

I think Jody uses Zeus which is the best farmable leader for twinlits but is still unreliable. Many times you overkill the first stage (die on next stage because no skills are are charged) or leave too many alive and die anyway.

If you have one of the special gods (DTron, Ltron, Ronia) you can make a much better team but he lacks those gods. Once I got my DTron team up I abandoned Zeus.

Yeah, it's all about the first stage. If it goes well the rest of the dungeon is cake. If one random scenario occurs it's a wipe. Frustrating.

Top Bottom