• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

I really want the grape fruit dragon so I can try and skill cooldown Pandora/Tiamat team and completely avoid the troll. I'm one or two mobs from making a consistent "no luck" team.

What would your team look like, I am one sub away from a Pandora twinlit farming team.

I was looking at Pandora / Hanzo / Dark Liege Vamp / CDK Voice / FA Luci / Pandora friend.

I am just missing FA Luci or D.Meta. I wonder if I even need him I also have Belial just for the 2 skill boost, but I would lose 2 dark row enhancement. I'm tempted to try it but I already lost 50 stamina today with my Zeus twinlit team and don't want to feel that pain again.

With Dark gala event overlapping with Godfest I can only hope I can yolo roll FA Luci on Sunday.

I'm still running Zeus. I just haven't had the luck with the premium/Godfest only Rem mobs. No ronia, no Odins, etc.
That sucks Jody, I know that we both have been playing about the same amount (~550 days). If it feels better I only have the Ronia. Did you see the meltdowns on "oh REM only gods have been 3x the whole time."? Yeah right...

There is also a Dual Shiva team, Shivas/King Baddie/ Haku/ unbindable monster (I use Ammy)/Hera-Ur. Same Theory with the Ronia team (armour break kills second and third levels) Haku, Hera-Ur, and King Baddie for the boss. Not as much damage or luck if you fail to kill them both in one turn (but it's 27x instead of 18x)

Yeah, it's all about the first stage. If it goes well the rest of the dungeon is cake. If one random scenario occurs it's a wipe. Frustrating.

I hate Twinlits dungeon too.

Epic Drop

Looks like a fun event. I think I'll be taking on Hera-Ur and Hera-Is for the first time now that my Karin team is pretty built up... and I'll definitely be farming the crap out of Tower of Jewel for plus eggs.

10 more stones is nice too. Hope they give us a Heros/Chinese godfest...

I'm psychic.

I'm also going to be rolling everything I have. I'll be happy with just about chinese/hero, but would obviously prefer andromeda/pandora/kirin/haku.

Ult Evo Angelion OBTAINED!

Hopefully I can do Goddess Descended Legend with my meh Kirin or DQXQ team. Probably won't be able to, but if I can do it I can get a Valk. I'd even be willing to spend a stone or two per completion.

Tobe

Hopefully I can do Goddess Descended Legend with my meh Kirin or DQXQ team. Probably won't be able to, but if I can do it I can get a Valk. I'd even be willing to spend a stone or two per completion.

if you can pull kirin x25 consistently goddess will be a piece of cake

Epic Drop

Congrats!!!

Yeah, if you can reliably proc your Kirin, you'll breeze through Goddess Descended - Legendary.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

We can both do it!

if you can pull kirin x25 consistently goddess will be a piece of cake

Not too sure about that. My team cost sadly isn't great. Here are my current monsters that make up my teams:

DQXQ (+4, +1, +1) level 72. Max awoken
Alraune: Level 28
Kirin of the Aurora (+10, +13, +17) level 76. Max awoken
Angelion: Level 35
King Shynee: Max level + awoken
Echidna level 65. (gonna work on evolving her to third form)
Keeper of Rainbow

Rank 86. Team cost 96

Teams:

DQXQ rainbow team: DQXQ, Kirin, Alarune, Echidna, Keeper. 96/96. Will have to sub out Alarune once I evolve Echidna.

Kirin team: Kirin, DQXQ, Rainbow Keeper, Alarune, Echidna. 96/96.

DQXQ healer burst: DQXQ, Shynee, Angelion, Echidna, Keeper. 95/96.

I'm willing to accept that it might be too early, and that I'll have to wait until the next round when my monsters are more leveled and I have more team cost to support better compositions. Though if you think I can do it with my current teams I'll definitely try hard! Even if I have to think forever to find the right Kirin activation move!

Or maybe I can/should do it with my DQXQ healer burst team? I have a nearly maxed out friend and my HP approaches over 10k with it. Plus far easier than Kirin.

I am also willing to spend up to 2-3 stones per run. 40% chance for a drop (is there a x2 event?) means if I run it twice @ 2-3 stones that's spending 4-6 for an 80% chance of getting a key sub. Better than the REM pull.

razterik

Skilling Raphael is the worst. I've run Twinlits ~50 times the last few weeks and he's still only at skill level 3. Dark Tron went so much better.

Jagernaut

I've been running King of Gods with an all REM DTron team. All max Lv and awakened (except 1 Hanzo, needs 1 more Tamadra and only Lv 85)

DTron
Hanzo - max skilled
Hanzo - will try to max tomorrow
Ares - max skilled
Devil Haku - max skilled
DTron

8 dark row boosts, it's beautiful.

xCobalt

How common is Suzaku supposed to be in Zeus' dungeon? Ran it twice for the purpose of just getting another zeus and she appeared both times. Wasn't able to use any skills and she ended up killing me.

Jagernaut

How common is Suzaku supposed to be in Zeus' dungeon? Ran it twice for the purpose of just getting another zeus and she appeared both times. Wasn't able to use any skills and she ended up killing me.

According to a post on puzzleanddragonsforum, for Japan it was 10% chance in Mythical and 5 % in Legendary.

Hige

Today was the first time I tried Zeus and I'm not sure if I would have survived if Suzaku invaded. Kind of sucks you can waste 50 stamina just like that and lose because of an invade.

quin

According to a post on puzzleanddragonsforum, for Japan it was 10% chance in Mythical and 5 % in Legendary.

When they introduced the jewels the invade rate was much higher. I never went more than 5 runs without an invade.

When they brought it back the second time the invade rate dropped significantly. They might be doing the same for you guys. If that's the case i'd stock up on jewels. At that time it was also only active for mythical dungeons. Legendary was added later

Jagernaut

Today was the first time I tried Zeus and I'm not sure if I would have survived if Suzaku invaded. Kind of sucks you can waste 50 stamina just like that and lose because of an invade.

I think it's a terrible idea, people put specific teams together for a descend then an invade messes up your strategy. They should make a separate dungeon for those jewels.

Hakkapell

Neo Member
Finally cleared Castle of Satan for the first time today.

I also just evo'd my devil dragon to Chaos Devil Dragon after running Shrine of Spirits a few times and getting a mythil lit drop.

I got an invade on Zues, dropped first floor before any actives... Completely screwed.

Any other level probably could have dealt with her easier. At least all the Elemental goddesses behave the same way so I should be able to deal with them on most mythical teams.

razterik

Squeaked out one more Raphael skill up today. So many Devilits that I'm going to start feeding them off as fodder. They aren't used enough to keep more than a few.

Was bored enough to farm Zeus for a bit. Went 2/15 on orb invades. Probably going to hold them for future evos. Want to finish Suzaku, but the rates aren't good enough to burn stamina this way. We need to have more biweekly dragons running or it's going to be forever until chasers come back.

colinp

Banned
I got one of my students to run Zeus for me. He one stones it, which made me happy but he was apologetic for having to use a stone, hah.

I just ran Izanami legend and had to one stone it BUT Yomi God dropped, woo! Is she useful or just a trophy?

Edit: sorry, I know she's useful, but on what kind of team?

Also, I get a lot less pal points since the change. Guess I gotta farm those damn plus eggs...

Uthred

Luckily got the light Izanami to drop on my first successful run of Legend, that 10 round no active skill debuff is a pain in the arse. Looking forward to yet again failing to get a single chinese god in tomorrows REM ;)

NineH

This 2x drop on chasers seems to be trolling me. Got 0 drops in 12 runs. I got 3 yesterday after around 8 runs. I guess I got really lucky yesterday but this is disheartening considering it is 2x drop right now.

Jagernaut

This 2x drop on chasers seems to be trolling me. Got 0 drops in 12 runs. I got 3 yesterday after around 8 runs. I guess I got really lucky yesterday but this is disheartening considering it is 2x drop right now.

It's luck. I'm skilling up my 2nd Hanzo (3 skillups today, 1 left) and have had 5 chasers drop today in 7 runs on 2x. I don't even need them unless I roll a 2nd Haku.

what tier is lu bu as a starter?
bored of rerolling XD
It's a solid/good lead once you reach the midgame/endgame but the scarcity of devils early on makes it kinda of a meh starter. The flipside is that you might be able to get by in the early game with a farmable leader or even your starter dragon. Don't expect Lu Bu to be anything more than a stat stick until you acquire a collection of devils to make use of its leader skill.

If you're tired of rerolling, stop and do your rerolling during godfest tomorrow night. Any of the gods from the Chinese 1 pantheon would be a great starter and they are at increased rates during this next godfest.

It's luck. I'm skilling up my 2nd Hanzo (3 skillups today, 1 left) and have had 5 chasers drop today in 7 runs on 2x. I don't even need them unless I roll a 2nd Haku.
Currently 9/21 on chasers but I started 6/7. I'll probably stone enough to get another rank up before stopping. Hopefully my skillup luck is better this time around....

jiggle

It's a solid/good lead once you reach the midgame/endgame but the scarcity of devils early on makes it kinda of a meh starter. The flipside is that you might be able to get by in the early game with a farmable leader or even your starter dragon. Don't expect Lu Bu to be anything more than a stat stick until you acquire a collection of devils to make use of its leader skill.

If you're tired of rerolling, stop and do your rerolling during godfest tomorrow night. Any of the gods from the Chinese 1 pantheon would be a great starter and they are at increased rates during this next godfest.
Thanks for the info :D
Guess i'all play around with it until tmw night

I actually don't think I can do Goddess Descended on legend with my Kirin team. My echidna isn't skilled at all. I wouldn't be able to get past the two demons without using a delay and then I wouldn't have the delay for valk.

I think my better bet may be my DQ healer burst team since I could use shynee on valk and rainbow keeper on the demons, but I lack the team cost now that I evolved my echidna.

Meh. Maybe next time it comes around.

Speaking of DQ does anyone know some descend capable DQ teams that aren't healer burst but are still farmable?

Hakkapell

Neo Member
Decided to buy a few stones for the godfest tomorrow and i randomly did a roll and i just got a Pandora.

Is she a popular choice for getting pal points and making a decent team?

Decided to buy a few stones for the godfest tomorrow and i randomly did a roll and i just got a Pandora.

Is she a popular choice for getting pal points and making a decent team?

Pandora is good. Not sure if she is popular in the US but you can make a very decent team with her.

J0dy77

6 drops this week, was able to level up and evo them

no skill-up (0/6), done with this for now.

I just realized I'm a total idiot. I fed about 12 chasers today... Unevolved. For some reason I was thinking it had the skill since it was a boss drop. I'm not a smart man. Lol

I just realized I'm a total idiot. I fed about 12 chasers today... Unevolved. For some reason I was thinking it had the skill since it was a boss drop. I'm not a smart man. Lol
Ouch.

I'm at 10/35ish on chasers. Started 0/10 on Hamahime skillups then got 4 skillups on my next feed of 5. Still have 12+ Hamahimes left so I'm hoping a Hanzo falls into my lap tomorrow night.

Quantum

ouch. I had a ton of dark keepers around - been hording a ton of crap after expanding to 550 spots. You can blame your non skill up on a mistake - I just have terrible luck.

I just kinda gave up on the chaser, I haven't used my evo'd haku yet and have been spending time trying to figure out what I want to do with the game.

my dqxq team can crush all non-decended dungeons but have a ton of issues with the recent decends. I'm not sure what I want to work on now and feeling kinda blah about the game at the moment.

I have 1 yolo pull for tomorrow -was a tame (read not expensive) weekend and am (again) tempted to buy more stones but I have enough unanswered things to do that I probably will not buy more stones until I figure out what to concentrate on.

as much as I like dqxq, I'd like to try a new team. I'm not really good with my Kirin and am fortunate enough to have a ton of different mobs to work with, just nothing clicking at the moment.

I'm thinking of trying to make something out of my Guan yu (bearded) I have three o.0, think with parvati I might have the making of an interesting team although probably not for decends.

Hige

Hanzo has probably been the worst skill up rate I've ever had. Went 1/32 at first and just got my final skill up on #42. I think it wouldn't be as bad if the exp/stamina ratio wasn't abysmal. Holy shit, glad that's over.

J0dy77

ouch. I had a ton of dark keepers around - been hording a ton of crap after expanding to 550 spots. You can blame your non skill up on a mistake - I just have terrible luck.

I just kinda gave up on the chaser, I haven't used my evo'd haku yet and have been spending time trying to figure out what I want to do with the game.

my dqxq team can crush all non-decended dungeons but have a ton of issues with the recent decends. I'm not sure what I want to work on now and feeling kinda blah about the game at the moment.

I have 1 yolo pull for tomorrow -was a tame (read not expensive) weekend and am (again) tempted to buy more stones but I have enough unanswered things to do that I probably will not buy more stones until I figure out what to concentrate on.

as much as I like dqxq, I'd like to try a new team. I'm not really good with my Kirin and am fortunate enough to have a ton of different mobs to work with, just nothing clicking at the moment.

I'm thinking of trying to make something out of my Guan yu (bearded) I have three o.0, think with parvati I might have the making of an interesting team although probably not for decends.

Focus on Kirin, keep practicing. She's just too good.

She's more difficult than dqxq due to the lack of dark damage. Don't be afraid to stall a round where you don't go all out. Focus on matching dark orbs, then hearts, then any primary color you have over 6 of. This keeps the board in your favor for activation.

Quantum

Focus on Kirin, keep practicing. She's just too good.

She's more difficult than dqxq due to the lack of dark damage. Don't be afraid to stall a round where you don't go all out. Focus on matching dark orbs, then hearts, then any primary color you have over 6 of. This keeps the board in your favor for activation.

Agreed. I have to work on a final kirin team, although I love putting together random teams to see how they can fit together. This game is so good at scratching my mmorpg/rpg/match 3 itch its insane.

0-stoned a blind run of Hera-Beorc cause I don't give a fuck

Damn!

I failed at floor 3 because I got orb trolled.

Bah I can't activate Kirin consistently. Better than I was awhile ago, no way am I going to challenge Goddess Descended as I am now.

Is GD Legend possible with: DQXQ, Rainbow Keeper, King Shynee, Echidna, Angelion.

None of them skilled. DQ about level 72, Shynee maxed, and the other in their mid 30s. With a friend I can get to over 10k HP.

Ducarmel

Bah I can't activate Kirin consistently. Better than I was awhile ago, no way am I going to challenge Goddess Descended as I am now.

Is GD Legend possible with: DQXQ, Rainbow Keeper, King Shynee, Echidna, Angelion.

None of them skilled. DQ about level 72, Shynee maxed, and the other in their mid 30s. With a friend I can get to over 10k HP.

You need to increase your team levels to get > 12138 HP with a friend,

Your goal should be to try to stall where you can, If your not confident stalling on the mask you want to be able to stall on MK.III. He hits for 11319 as long as his hp is over 50%, and he gives you 3 turns to heal that back up. Once you got all your skills up kill him before he attacks you. Use RK on the devils for safety, 1 or 2 16x atk should be enough to kill them, (the point of having > 12k hp was just in case you did not one shot the devils and some how it Proc both of them to use evil slash you will survive it). On Valk, menace, then shynee buff, finish off is she survived.

linsivvi

Turns out I do need the green and light jewels for future Athena evolution.

4 runs and no invade so far. Wonder if I should keep going.

You need to increase your team levels to get > 12138 HP with a friend,

Your goal should be to try to stall where you can, If your not confident stalling on the mask you want to be able to stall on MK.III. He hits for 11319 as long as his hp is over 50%, and he gives you 3 turns to heal that back up. Once you got all your skills up kill him before he attacks you. Use RK on the devils for safety, 1 or 2 16x atk should be enough to kill them, (the point of having > 12k hp was just in case you did not one shot the devils and some how it Proc both of them to use evil slash you will survive it). On Valk, menace, then shynee buff, finish off is she survived.

Hrmm I don't think I can do that sadly. Healer team has 8338 hp. My best DQ friend has 2745 hp. 11083 in total. :(

Alternatively my Kirin team is: Kirin, DQ, ADK, Rainbow, Echidna. 10313 HP. And I have a Kirin friend with 4098 hp.

The only problem is that those are some of the worst subs. Just a mismatch of my highest statted subs and Echidna. And two of them have orb changing skills that Kirin can't make use of.

Though if the point of having over 12k is just for the devils, then I might just take the risk and spend a stone if need be.

Top Bottom