• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

Though if the point of having over 12k is just for the devils, then I might just take the risk and spend a stone if need be.
Yeah its just for the unlikely event that you don't kill the devils and both devils use evil slash at the same time.

You would still need more then 11319 hp if you plan on stalling on MK.III.

If not you you can stall on the mask (estimated guess) target mystic mask and make a 16x atk with 6-7 combo should leave one mask to stall on. However you will have to kill MK.III before her strikes, he is on a 3 turn counter but he could be on a 2 turns to start the round you could be lucky and he is on 4.

Yeah its just for the unlikely event that you don't kill the devils and both devils use evil slash at the same time.

You would still need more then 11319 hp if you plan on stalling on MK.III.

If not you you can stall on the mask (estimated guess) target mystic mask and make a 16x atk with 6-7 combo should leave one mask to stall on. However you will have to kill MK.III before her strikes, he is on a 3 turn counter but he could be on a 2 turns to start the round you could be lucky and he is on 4.

My angelion had both of those dark damage lowering awakenings, so I think I might be able to survive with 11319.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I rolled twice, got Yamato Takeru and a lillith.

Is Yamato Takeru any good? Happy to get a god at least but doesn't fit my teams at all I think. (DQXQ mostly)

Ducarmel

Only had 2 pulls

Toytops got a skill up for Parvati.

My third Anubis

Was hoping for FA Luci or Grape Dragon, or any special god not named Green Odin.

Ducarmel

If you believe the game is truly RNG it does not matter.

If you think its rigged then do what makes you feel better.

I like pulling all at once.

am_dragon

I was really excited about the 3x on the specials, I don't have any of them, and a chance for Haku. I only had 2 of the featured gods so I decided to roll 80 stones. I ended up with several good leads but nothing to help with my current teams (as far as I can tell).

First roll drall...
3x pierdra
1x fort dragon
1x CDD
That was my first 6 rolls.
1x Karin (dupe)
1x Yomi (6th)
1x Kirin (dupe) Is there a use for 2?
1x red golem (These need to go, I got 2 of these last week playing though challenge mode. normal drops)
That's 10 and nothing new.
1x Andromeda
1x Sun WuKong
1x Haku ( Great love using her with my Bastet)
1x Blue Valk (love her don't know if I can use her.)
1x Suzaku

Would have been very disappointed without those last 4 rolls. I'm happy, if not slightly let down by no Odins or 'onias.

Hige

I was really excited about the 3x on the specials, I don't have any of them, and a chance for Haku.
Would have been very disappointed without those last 4 rolls. I'm happy, if not slightly let down by no Odins or 'onias.
Supposedly the specials have (always?) been 3x in the past.

Persephone is a great sub on dark focused devil teams or a Haku or Pandora team but not a good leader.

Heh. Well I wont be getting Haku this godfest. Out of rolls. :)

I'll hold on to her though. She does seem like a safe (though boring) way to farm the tier 5's and such. Like a mini-Lucifer.

Maybe she'll get a new ultimate evo to make her more viable as a leader? Though I guess not every REM roll needs to be a leader.

seady

Two rolls and all craps.

Always hope they say they forgot to turn on the up rate and come out to apologize with free stones. It happened before.

Would I be doing more damage with a Yamato or Kirin team?

Yamato is capped at x4. Kirin is x5. Meanwhile Kirin can stack unresisted light damage, while Yamato is fire based which can be resisted by water. I'd say overall you're going to be doing more damage with Kirin.

Though perhaps with the right subs Yamato could win out since you can probably get a ton of row enchancement subs. I'd still say Kirin though for the most part.

Uthred

Two rolls and all craps.

Always hope they say they forgot to turn on the up rate and come out to apologize with free stones. It happened before.

Ha, I always hope that as well, especially when I roll shit

4 Rolls:

Bearded Deity Guan Yu, I will never get a REM Unique I want, this guy any use?
Genie, Dupe, no Skill up
Flame Guardian, Dupe, so duped, no skill up

Should have cut my losses there

Mystic Dark Knight, dddduuupppee, no skill up

Had 4 stones, bought one

Pierdra, well played Gung Ho, well played, no skill up of course

Is this where I quit the game? Because I'm thinking this is where I quit the game.

syTDL1r.png

Ha, I always hope that as well, especially when I roll shit

4 Rolls:

Bearded Deity Guan Yu, I will never get a REM Unique I want, this guy any use?
Genie, Dupe, no Skill up
Flame Guardian, Dupe, so duped, no skill up

Should have cut my losses there

Mystic Dark Knight, dddduuupppee, no skill up

Had 4 stones, bought one

Pierdra, well played Gung Ho, well played, no skill up of course

if guan yu is the dragon type then he's awesome. if it's the green one, you have been trolololed.

Uthred

if guan yu is the dragon typ then he's awesome. if it's the green onem you have been trolololed.

Hes the green one, so all five rolls were total shit. Which would have been Gung Trolled enough, but then, I decided to pull my seldom played tablet account out of mothballs, 15 free stones on it, three rolls, Blue valk, red sonia, red sonia. Fuck you too Gung Ho!

Edit:

Foollishly decided to double down on my main accounts shit rolls

Vampire, shockingly a dupe, no skill up
A gold egg, its gonna be good, no its gonna be a fucking Dark Golem, dupe, no skill up

razterik

Is this where I quit the game? Because I'm thinking this is where I quit the game.

Hope you have Hanzo. That's a fantastic back to back set at the end. I wouldn't have made it through all the garbage. Definitely time to quit the REM for a while.

I see more Yamatos popping up, yay. now i can pair with someone for once.

Nobody runs poor Tomato. I can field Ronia/Rodin/Chiyome/Ares and I still haven't used him once.

The way I've played up until now, I've avoided combo heavy teams so I wanted to see how Yamato would work out. So for fire subs I got Ronia, Hera-Ur, Freyr, Ifrit, and Leilian.

To use Hero gods, you really need quick orb changers and enough skill boosts to get them up when you need them. If you're determined to run him, I would suggest farming up a Gigas and grabbing Homura from the red mystic knight dungeon. Max skill them both (5 turns), and slot in Ronia and Freyr. This gives you 5 row enhance, 5 skill boosts for first turn orb change, a full board change and a fire attribute boost.

thetechkid

Yamato is capped at x4. Kirin is x5. Meanwhile Kirin can stack unresisted light damage, while Yamato is fire based which can be resisted by water. I'd say overall you're going to be doing more damage with Kirin.

Though perhaps with the right subs Yamato could win out since you can probably get a ton of row enchancement subs. I'd still say Kirin though for the most part.

The way I've played up until now, I've avoided combo heavy teams so I wanted to see how Yamato would work out. So for fire subs I got Ronia, Hera-Ur, Freyr, Ifrit, and Leilian.

Cels

4 rolls, got mystic dark knight, toytops, leilan, and sun wukong

i have 4 stones left so after the next free stone i'll have enough for another roll before the godfest ends

decisions, decisions...

Hope you have Hanzo. That's a fantastic back to back set at the end. I wouldn't have made it through all the garbage. Definitely time to quit the REM for a while.

I wanted a Chinese or Hero from this event, specifically: Karin, Haku or Pandora to be new leads, helping to provide variety to my roster. I lack a Hanzo and doing a quick sort I have deduced that I only have demons and Ares for attacker, a little surprising as I thought I had a few more. I believe she'll be warming the bench for awhile, it will take me some time to reload on stones for another chance at building her a team. I'll likely just toss Sonia into Satan.

Azusa

Rolled 17 times:
  • Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
  • Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
  • Hattori Hanzo
  • Starsea Goddess, Andromeda
  • Andromeda
  • Persephone
  • Lilith
and golems, knights, boring dragons. No Haku Т_Т

I'm glad that I rolled Lilith in the end. I have farmed her dungeon countless times, several week and no drops. I think Persephone will be good addition to my Ronia team. Others are meh. Maybe I'll use Meimei for devil team or it's better to use for my Cu Chu team? I don't know about it.

Hige

Bunch of random junk plus Karin, Meimei, Green Sonia, and.... Green Zhuge Liang lolwat. Does he have any important JP exclusive subs besides Avalon Drake? All I know is he needs stuff like Tien, Sasuke, and Marine Rider.

Still no LMeta. :(

Amon37

Well, I updated and now whenever I try to enter a dungeon I can choose the dungeon and choose the difficulty or floor but it never brings up the friends list and it just freezes right there.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and restored my data but nothing.

linsivvi

Well, I updated and now whenever I try to enter a dungeon I can choose the dungeon and choose the difficulty or floor but it never brings up the friends list and it just freezes right there.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and restored my data but nothing.

Change the time zone to PDT or something. Right now, your phone must be set to an American timezone for it to work.

I don't know if it's a bug or done deliberately, but it's an extremely stupid way for them to fix their timezone problems, which never existed in any other game.

Amon37

Change the time zone to PDT or something. Right now, your phone must be set to an American timezone for it to work.

I don't know if it's a bug or done deliberately, but it's an extremely stupid way for them to fix their timezone problems, which never existed in any other game.

That worked, what's weird is I wasn't having problems on previous updates and I though this update was supposed to fix the problem for people that were actually having it lol

linsivvi

That worked, what's weird is I wasn't having problems on previous updates and I though this update was supposed to fix the problem for people that were actually having it lol

That's the thing, their solution of fixing it seems to be locking the phone's timezone setting.

It's mind boggling. Most games like this simply use the server time to determine when events happen and end. It should never cause bugs after bugs after bugs and now this convoluted "solution".

mfiuza

Got 2 Green Zhuge Lian and 2 Pandora. Guess this compensate the fact the I did not get any Sonia, Haku or the Odins I wished....

The other 10 pulls were only craps, as usual :/

razterik

Bunch of random junk plus Karin, Meimei, Green Sonia, and.... Green Zhuge Liang lolwat. Does he have any important JP exclusive subs besides Avalon Drake? All I know is he needs stuff like Tien, Sasuke, and Marine Rider.

Still no LMeta. :(

I think Green Sonia is a better fit for Green Zhuge than Avalon, except when subbing Athena. One less green row enhance traded for other useful awakenings and dark orbs that match Zhuge's second color. Tien is the only other JP exclusive of note. Well, him and rider skill ups. Don't forget you can use any green sub, including Dino Rider and useful non-attackers like Kushinada or Susano.

FZZ

Banned
So I did one pull yesterday. Got an Ice Golem...

Got five free stones since I hit 150 days. And I pulled a Loyal Deity Guan Yu! I hear he's a good pull, but really REM heavy?

He's my only special god. I'll update my padherder and link it if you guys could recommend me a team to make.

Quantum

Copensation = 2 stones, enough to get me a second roll this morning.

Pandora.

(dupe, but my first godfest god with a + in no less in more than 20 rolls (due to last godfest bullshit))

I don't use my first pandora - wonder what wierd team I could make with two.

As for my quest to make a use for Guan Yu bearded, I think I am goin to make a team suggested at p&d x,

Guan Yu
guan yu
guan yu
Heracles
King Bubblie

Guan Yu

55x burst and 12.25 regular - might be fun to play with.

For some reason I can't connect to PAD at all. Get to the white Gung Ho screen and the ap crashes. Rebooted my phone twice. Anyone else having this problem? On a Droid X-2 if that helps.

Edit: tried the time zone thing. Still no luck.

J0dy77

The answer is:

Siren, golem, Drall, MeiMei, Flame Knight

"What is the most disappointing Godfest I've had in ages, Alex"

Day 560+ (750 combined) and still no REM only mobs. Very disappointing fest.

am_dragon

Here are my general thoughts on a GF and PAD. First, I love the game play, it requires strategy, planning, skills. Getting to the end of a descended dungeon and pulling out a hard combo to win, is as exciting as any other video game. Like anything else PAD can be brutal at times.

When you roll a god fest and nothing drops it's heart breaking, more so than buying dlc for a console game that turns out to be garbage. There is no getting around that. I wish the results were better, or stones were cheaper but they are not so with that knowledge in hand roll at your own risk.

Comparing my past results when I've rolled god fests, I've decided I will roll only when there is something I really want, set a limit and go. Every time I've rolled 5 or less I've been disappointed. Saving up for a couple months and rolling 10 or more I've been happy with the results. This time I ended up with 8 good rolls out of 16, even if I drop the 3 duplicates that's not bad. It sucks that you have to spend that kind of money for a good return but for better or worse if the endgame content could be rolled by a newbie with free stones the game wouldn't be 1/2 as exciting.

suko_32

Day 535 or so and only 1 REM only god here; Green Odin.

I pulled 4 times and got Hades and Sasuke. I don't have either so decent pulls for me.

Top Bottom