• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

FZZ

Banned
Alright I updated my padherder do you guys have any suggestions on a team I could build for guan yu? The only idea I have is him and Twin Star Ifrit as a sub and maybe draggie and Tiamat.

Ducarmel

You don't have much the only decent sub you have for him is Ifrit and is only useful if max awoken. Just fill the rest of the team with your best dragons.

If your serious about using him then the best team is obviously is one stacked with Ronia's.

Useful farmable stuff if you are not willing to drop hundreds of $ for 3-4 Ronias

Red Vulcan Zeus
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1252

CoC Crimson Dragon
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=729

Flamewing Twin Dragon King, Wangren
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1225

Mystic Megalith Dragon, Baalbek (assuming he get's a busty in the future)
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=782

Red Sky Fruit, Strawberry Dragon (currently REM only for NA pad but japan recently made the fruit dragons a gift dungean so maybe one day)
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1076

And Draggie for dragon buff
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1190

Less useful farmable subs if you just want to fill up slots is every biweekly red attribute dragon.

linsivvi

For some reason I can't connect to PAD at all. Get to the white Gung Ho screen and the ap crashes. Rebooted my phone twice. Anyone else having this problem? On a Droid X-2 if that helps.

Edit: tried the time zone thing. Still no luck.

I think that's a separate bug and I've seen people mentioned it on Facebook.

Try clearing the cache (not data, just the cache) and see if that helps.

linsivvi

Here are my general thoughts on a GF and PAD. First, I love the game play, it requires strategy, planning, skills. Getting to the end of a descended dungeon and pulling out a hard combo to win, is as exciting as any other video game. Like anything else PAD can be brutal at times.

When you roll a god fest and nothing drops it's heart breaking, more so than buying dlc for a console game that turns out to be garbage. There is no getting around that. I wish the results were better, or stones were cheaper but they are not so with that knowledge in hand roll at your own risk.

Comparing my past results when I've rolled god fests, I've decided I will roll only when there is something I really want, set a limit and go. Every time I've rolled 5 or less I've been disappointed. Saving up for a couple months and rolling 10 or more I've been happy with the results. This time I ended up with 8 good rolls out of 16, even if I drop the 3 duplicates that's not bad. It sucks that you have to spend that kind of money for a good return but for better or worse if the endgame content could be rolled by a newbie with free stones the game wouldn't be 1/2 as exciting.

The good thing about PAD is that all you need is to roll one of dozen or so top tier Gods and you are set for a very long time. There is actually not much power creep in this game since Gungho just keep improving the existing monsters. I've seen games where the latest shiny monsters become obsolete in a matter of months (Line Rangers I am looking at you), whereas monsters like Horus and Odin are still something people happy to get even now.

Uthred

Compensation and daily stone brought me up to five, YOLO (though thanks to REM you can feel like youve died a thousand times) pull: Yamato Takeru, at least he's new, he can join his comaptriots Andromeda and Sun Wukong in the "I will never use you and hate you so much I cant even look at you" part of my monster collection ;)

thetechkid

So rolled again and this got fest I got two Leilans and a Yammato.

To use Hero gods, you really need quick orb changers and enough skill boosts to get them up when you need them. If you're determined to run him, I would suggest farming up a Gigas and grabbing Homura from the red mystic knight dungeon. Max skill them both (5 turns), and slot in Ronia and Freyr. This gives you 5 row enhance, 5 skill boosts for first turn orb change, a full board change and a fire attribute boost.

I have both Gigas and Homura ultimate evoloved, but not skilled up. I've been trying Kirin and it does pack a punch but I'm slow at setting up the board so I'm hesitant to use it.

FZZ

Banned
You don't have much the only decent sub you have for him is Ifrit and is only useful if max awoken. Just fill the rest of the team with your best dragons.

If your serious about using him then the best team is obviously is one stacked with Ronia's.

Useful farmable stuff if you are not willing to drop hundreds of $ for 3-4 Ronias

Red Vulcan Zeus
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1252

CoC Crimson Dragon
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=729

Flamewing Twin Dragon King, Wangren
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1225

Mystic Megalith Dragon, Baalbek (assuming he get's a busty in the future)
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=782

Red Sky Fruit, Strawberry Dragon (currently REM only for NA pad but japan recently made the fruit dragons a gift dungean so maybe one day)
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1076

And Draggie for dragon buff
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1190

Less useful farmable subs if you just want to fill up slots is every biweekly red attribute dragon.

Thank you!

A bunch of pulls

Chiyome (dupe) haven't fed her yet
Haku (dupe) but hey now I can get her other ultimate... The bad one...
Light metatron (rem only!). Not a dupe! But I don't run healers anymore for farming with Ronia...

And then a bunch of shite
Shardran (+)
Angel (+)
Verche (4*)
And then my final pull was another 4* verche (two in a row!)

I had one more dupe pull but it was so unremarkable I don't remember it. No skill ups on verche, fed the plus eggs to Kirin.

Speaking of Kirin, should I focus eggs on her or Ronia?

Ducarmel

Give the eggs to the leader whose team you feel is more complete, and descend ready. The go to team you feel no matter what you can get a legit zero stone win.

A bunch of pulls

Chiyome (dupe) haven't fed her yet
Haku (dupe) but hey now I can get her other ultimate... The bad one...
Light metatron (rem only!). Not a dupe! But I don't run healers anymore for farming with Ronia...

And then a bunch of shite
Shardran (+)
Angel (+)
Verche (4*)
And then my final pull was another 4* verche (two in a row!)

I had one more dupe pull but it was so unremarkable I don't remember it. No skill ups on verche, fed the plus eggs to Kirin.

As someone who has Kirin but would kill for a Ronia, I'm gonna say Ronia. I've seen her pull off huge damage and clear pretty much all the content in the game with the right REM subs. And she's so safe. No having to worry about getting orb trolled.

razterik

I have both Gigas and Homura ultimate evoloved, but not skilled up. I've been trying Kirin and it does pack a punch but I'm slow at setting up the board so I'm hesitant to use it.

Gigas is pretty easy to skill up since he only needs red goblins. Homura means many trips through his dungeon or farming Hera/Hera-Sowilo.

Kirin takes some practice. You can keep running endless dungeon and try to get as far as possible each time. Also, the time extension awakening makes a lot of difference if you don't have that yet.

Light Tron is a great sub for Kirin when you aren't running a physical build.

For plus eggs, I lean toward putting them on leaders who are also subs. Kirin doesn't tend to be a sub anywhere, so assuming you use them equally, plus Ronia.

Gigas is pretty easy to skill up since he only needs red goblins. Homura means many trips through his dungeon or farming Hera/Hera-Sowilo.

Kirin takes some practice. You can keep running endless dungeon and try to get as far as possible each time. Also, the time extension awakening makes a lot of difference if you don't have that yet.

Light Tron is a great sub for Kirin when you aren't running a physical build.

For plus eggs, I lean toward putting them on leaders who are also subs. Kirin doesn't tend to be a sub anywhere, so assuming you use them equally, plus Ronia.

Can't say I've ever seen Light Tron used as a Kirin sub. I guess her ult which provides Light/Blue?

Althane

I'll probably do my 3 rolls, and keep the remaining stones from the event for doing a run on Hera next time she's around. She'll be a useful sub for my Ronia team, which I'm finally getting the hang of using.

Spent too long with my Ame team, just... got too used to one style of playing the game.

Roll 1: Dark Golem Mk. II
Roll 2: Sarutobi Sasuke (wat)
Roll 3: Fenrir Knight

Eh, I can use Fenrir in my non-existent water team, I guess. I'm just confused what to do with Sarutobi. I guess I can stick him on my green team, but.. eh.

Cels

spent my final 5 stones...got another mystic dark knight.

so i rolled 5x this godfest, 2 of them were mystic dark knights....wtf.

I have managed to hold on to my credit card and not buy stones in a while. With the number of stones they have been giving out along with a longevity bonus a little bit ago, I have been making anywhere from 1 to 3 pulls during some recent GF. I have had no gold eggs come out in that time. Today I did one pull and got...a Mystic Stone Knight with a +1 to hp. Whoo Hoo!!! He didn't even give my UE ADK his last skill up. Grrr...

J0dy77

Is she? Isn't that Genius Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang slightly better with a fully pimped out team?

I don't think there is a perfect answer any more. Gungho is trying to make some variety with the different Awakening skills. Dungeons that have skill lock out you would be better with a Kirin or Horus burst team over Ronia. There are lots of teams that are fully capable of clearing almost every descended, get one you like and go with it is what I say.

Stop buying into the hype. First DQXQ, now GZL. Very good perhaps, but way premature to call it the best.

Kirin is also better than Ronia IMO, so don't sweat not having Ronia. Ronia is just much easier to use lmao.

I heard she was trash.

YOU CANT STOP THE HYPE TRAIN!

Anyway DQ I actually didn't buy that much into the hype. People thought she was THE BEST #1 and I didn't think that. I just placed her in top 10.

Kirin may be better than Ronia. I dunno. But Ronia looks so fun to use. And so easy.

And how in the fuck is Haku trash? Her new D/D ultimate makes a great row enhance leader and sub.

Eh. It is additional dark rows and an amazing active. Can't think of anything better off the top of my head.
Loki, FA Luci, Grape Dragon, Tiamat all have 2 dark rows and can stack more damage on the final boss burst (Grape Dragon active needs a heartbreaker followup). FA Luci and Grape Dragon also have better awakenings unless you really like 2-prong.

chrono01

I pulled five times, hoping for a Blue Ronia. I already have two fully awoken Blue Odin just waiting.

I got:

Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya [my fourth one, not even joking...]
Hattori Hanzo [I didn't have him yet, at least]
Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin [happy with this one, the final piece to my Blue Sonia team]
Incarnation of Byakko, Haku [my second one]
Vampire Lord [stopped here]

Overall, not too bad, but no Blue Sonia still. Maybe one day...

At least I have all of the components, aside from Blue Sonia. Blue Odin x2, Karin [when I evolve her], and King Bubblie. Just need that Blue Sonia...

quin

Is she? Isn't that Genius Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang slightly better with a fully pimped out team?

This is a 3x combo (two sets of four green orbs and something else) with his 2x attack and +orb. 943,000 damage. He is a monster.
14053859620000skonu.jpg

i just had an awesome glitch happen. used up all my stamina, and then changed my clock to Chinese time again(where i live) and had 100 stamina again plus it gave me a new day has begun message. so i got an extra pal pull.

but i had to set it back to American time to get into a dungeon so the stamina reset to 4. but i got an extra login bonus so i have two extra pal pulls as well as two extra days on my consecutive login....not bad.

colinp

Banned
A quarter awake at 4 AM I jump into the Super Sapphire Dragons Descended, for some reason thinking Grodin would be a perfect compliment to my Kirin team.

After I'm in a Super King immediately appears and I turn off my phone to sleep a few more hours.

After breakfast I jump in and am crushed to find that 5X isn't enough to break his Defense. I hold him off long enough to pull both Kirin and Odins special once before not having the hearts to recover. Ugh, what a waste. Let this be a lesson folks- don't enter dungeons while asleep!

linsivvi

Well according to a post on Facebook:

Please be aware we are working on a fix for the issue, and we will let everyone know when it's completed.

At least they are saying they will fix it. Yesterday they were saying the game is only supported in North America. LOL.

SaintR

New Yamato owners I see. Poor yamato rarely to be used holding our box space. Ok my Yolo pulls even though I swore I wouldn't pull.
Perseus - Yamato green bro
Sun Quan -ok guys what are you guys running for healer teams. I have every one except for dqxq.
Highlander - dupe but a +egg

Ronia is now at +199. The arduous road to 297 continues

Edit: gaf friends let me know who you guys prefer as team 1 lead. I'm always running Ronia so the options are ult Horus, ult Kirin, or now apparently any healer lead you desire

New Yamato owners I see. Poor yamato rarely to be used holding our box space. Ok my Yolo pulls even though I swore I wouldn't pull.
Perseus - Yamato green bro
Sun Quan -ok guys what are you guys running for healer teams. I have every one except for dqxq.
Highlander - dupe but a +egg

Ronia is now at +199. The arduous road to 297 continues

Edit: gaf friends let me know who you guys prefer as team 1 lead. I'm always running Ronia so the options are ult Horus, ult Kirin, or now apparently any healer lead you desire

Healer teams seem to be changing. We have a lot more options now because Gungho decided to release a fuckload of Blue Healers.

I&I, Hatsume, Blue Valk, Sun Quan, DQDX (could probably easily sub with Sandalphon or something else).

It seems objectively better than a Light Valk based healer team, because two I&I (leader + friend) gives x9 attack just like Valk, but with the addition 1.8225x HP. And low HP has always been the bane of healer teams. Plus this team gets quite a few water rows for even higher damage.

Top Bottom