• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

The new zerog ultimate gets rid of his gravity active skill and he gets 2x attack for dragons for 1 turn, changes to blue/black and gets a devil subtype

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140715_sinka.html

Plus the others :p

I don't read Japanese but it seems Zerog still does 15% gravity in that link you posted, I also read that on pad forum stream thread.

Sucks Loki loses his god type for balance, its so deliberate they did not want to introduce another devil leader, even though it makes all sense in the world to make him a 3x atk devil leader

raven777

20140715220346.png

Loki looks very different

Ducarmel

idk all the Norse mask busties have gotten reclasses. Freyr now gives 1/3/1.35 to Dragon for example.

It does not make much sense either, I&I being associated with apple and fertility kind of makes sense she would be a healer type.

But Loki is like the opposite of balanced.

Freyr character seems to be fit as a balanced type

saichi

Missed Godfest last time so I rolled twice for this one...

First roll... Lemon Dragon

ok would be useful for my row enhancement Light Twin Star Divinegon team. can't complain.

Second roll... HAKU

!!!

so after stuck with LTron, Okuni and Ame for the longest time, I got DQXQ last time and now Haku. I'm prepared to roll shitty mobs for 6 months now.

quin

I don't read Japanese but it seems Zerog still does 15% gravity in that link you posted, I also read that on pad forum stream thread.

Sucks Loki loses his god type for balance, its so deliberate they did not want to introduce another devil leader, even though it makes all sense in the world to make him a 3x atk devil leader

Your're right!! Even better.
I was paying attention more to the fact that his active skill count doesn't carry over so if you have a max skilled zerog din't undo the evolution or you lose it all.

Have fun maxing this skill.

The new mobs with increased chance for a specific type of orb to drop can be really cool depending on how well it works.

Another skill boost for D/W Batman is cool too, can't wait to get that. FA Luci and/or a Dark Valk in addition to that and my Haku team would be pretty fucking awesome.

I think Tower of Saviors already had that active implemented and it was kind of broken in combination with some other stuff.

Wonder if it works with Orb Refresh

Epic Drop

I started out the Godfest with some pretty horrific rolls. I ended on a high note when I pulled Blue Sonia and Blue Odin.

I had been focusing on Karin as a lead, but I've got some great subs for Blue Sonia (Amon, Blue Odin, bubblie, b/d karin or max skill sieg or w/l neptune). I think I'll be switching to Blue Sonia as my main lead. I've got about 3.5 million XP in fodder, a bunch of + egg mules, and plenty of Tamadras.

Does anyone on Gaf lead with Blue Sonia? I'm having a hard time finding friends who do. If so, please post your ID and i'll shoot you a friend request. (EpcDrop@pf).

linsivvi

The new mobs with increased chance for a specific type of orb to drop can be really cool depending on how well it works.

Another skill boost for D/W Batman is cool too, can't wait to get that. FA Luci and/or a Dark Valk in addition to that and my Haku team would be pretty fucking awesome.

Yeah that's the most interesting part of this update.

Finally some new active skills instead of rehashing all the old ones!

The dragon knights must be REM only right? Their leadership skills and awakenings are crazily good.

Sarasvati, LS: 3 water combo = 5x ATK, skill boostx2, 2-pronged attack, time extend.

Wow....

Jagernaut

I like the additional 1.5 ask for that added punch. I wonder what team would suit her the best?

Only gods would benefit from her 1.5x boost. Since you need to cover 4 colors I would use mostly primary dark mobs with secondary colors:

1. Echidna or D/F Persephone to cover fire
2. Grape dragon to cover wood
3. D/W Vampire or D/W Batman to cover water
4. Utility slot - dark orb enhance (DA Lucifer, DTron, etc) or extend time (Yomi), or skilled up gravity, or light to dark orb change (CDK Voice or Persephone).

Uthred

"- Buster Siegfried will get a +light orb awoken skill
- Ignis Cu Chulainn will get a two-pronged attack awoken skill"

I wonder does this give them the edge over their old ultimate versions or merely draw them into parity with them, the buster and ignis evo's never really felt worth it

Pirate evo for Zaerog seems a bit random but looks cool. I wonder will they ever jazz up the game a bit to make more use of the art, as the majority of the time all you ever see of your cool looking monsters is the face.

Only gods would benefit from her 1.5x boost. Since you need to cover 4 colors I would use mostly primary dark mobs with secondary colors:

1. Echidna or D/F Persephone to cover fire
2. Grape dragon to cover wood
3. D/W Vampire or D/W Batman to cover water
4. Utility slot - dark orb enhance (DA Lucifer, DTron, etc) or extend time (Yomi), or skilled up gravity, or light to dark orb change (CDK Voice or Persephone).

Good Choices.I would use Hera Beroc for green sub, the new Loki evolution for water, Dark Izanami for defense, and Finally Yomi to ensure the combo breaker.Maybe change Izanami for Persephone if needing orb changer.

razterik

Does anyone on Gaf lead with Blue Sonia? I'm having a hard time finding friends who do. If so, please post your ID and i'll shoot you a friend request. (EpcDrop@pf).

343,149,208. I usually have my maxed out red/blue Sonias up.

Sarasvati, LS: 3 water combo = 5x ATK, skill boostx2, 2-pronged attack, time extend.

Wow....

I would pull for this. Completely overpowered, easiest 25x ever. If the active is anywhere near as good as the dungeon versions, it will practically guarantee activation with enough board clear. Teams can go a bunch of different ways. Merlins for crazy damage two prong team. Physical team for rows and Bubblie burst. Blue healer squad with rows, delay and 2x burst.

Can't believe they let this through.

Ducarmel

Just to be clear

Its match 3 sets of water orbs to activate Sarasvati right?

Or is it match at least 1 water and any other 2 orb matches to have at least 3 combo's, this sounds to easy.

3 water combos, which shouldn't be hard with a team full of orb changers and the increased skyfall active.
It's an alternate version of the Hero God Problem where you may have difficulty sustaining the required damage turn after turn.

Anyways, just ran Ancient Mask for the mask to evo future Astaroth using Astaroth herself (since I have no Luci on my JP account). In the process, I realized I might not want to give her the 1/3/1.35 evo for the above reason? Now I'm not sure what I want to do with her.

linsivvi

It's an alternate version of the Hero God Problem where you may have difficulty sustaining the required damage turn after turn.

Anyways, just ran Ancient Mask for the mask to evo future Astaroth using Astaroth herself (since I have no Luci on my JP account). In the process, I realized I might not want to give her the 1/3/1.35 evo for the above reason? Now I'm not sure what I want to do with her.

Yes, but it all depends on how effective the skyfall active is and what's the cooldown for the skill.

2 leaders = 4 skill boosts already and that's 6 turns of increased skyfall. Orb changers can fill in the rest.

The fire version might be more flexible with 3x for 2 fire combos and 4.5x for 3 fire combos.

Okay it looks like I misunderstood the skill that Ra used in T&S Descended. It's not fire absorb, but actually +10% fire orb drop. So Ronia gets a field day instead of being brick walled.

Kreed

It does not make much sense either, I&I being associated with apple and fertility kind of makes sense she would be a healer type.

But Loki is like the opposite of balanced.

Freyr character seems to be fit as a balanced type

They could have at least made him an Attacker Lead, or even Physical. Why two Balanced leads?

The new Indian gods look interesting though.

coy

I like what I'm seeing so far from these (preliminary?) listed skills for Indian 2.0 gods. Really hope Durga stays as is as I have been enamored since the initial art was released. Now seeing it is a Kirin/U&Y match style, I'd love to field a dark version of the team especially after powering my way through to max skill Persephone.

Also, I was hella tired from my flight back from the Midwest that I completely forgot to pull on my alt yesterday. What an ideal pairing I missed out on.

Quantum

Damn dark/blue Loki is literally the best thing to happen to Haku teams. Ty gung-ho

can you explain this?

Loki was my starter, dark/devil as finisher.

now devil/balance

(seriously - loki? god of mischief is now balanced?)

haku -> dark fire and water.

with a d/b loki it just makes it easier to sub out what ever was previously used for blue?

Getting better and better with Kirin. And my DQ team can clear any of the tier 5 with ease. Still gonna build a Satan team in the future.

I've almost given up on my DQXQ after flubbing OOH a couple of times and started running Lmeta/val for farming which has never failed. I am really failing to see DQXQ as a solid lead without a ton of farmed + eggs.

Kirin on the other hand - I'm farming ranks on my Lmeta team, and will look to put together a solid Kirin team for decends.

(still hoping the guan yu x3 team will come together too)

edit: wow I suck at editing

can you explain this?

now devil/balance

I've almost given up on my DQXQ after flubbing OOH a couple of times and started running Lmeta/val for farming which has never failed. I am really failing to see DQXQ as a solid lead without a ton of farmed + eggs.

Kirin on the other hand - I'm farming ranks on my Lmeta team, and will look to put together a solid Kirin team for decends.

(still hoping the guan yu x3 team will come together too)

so now you use loki as a 1.5x and blue active?

the reason I ask is that I've found DQDX really not that wonderful and have been thinking about other leads - I don't see Haku as different - with a d/b loki it just makes it easier to sub out what ever was previously used for blue?

My DQ team can do OOH with amazing consistency. What's troubling you exactly? Maybe I can help? I just use my highest HP subs, get every color represented, and then use a sub with armor break. Makes quick work of Neptune.

Quantum

My DQ team can do OOH with amazing consistency. What's troubling you exactly? Maybe I can help? I just use my highest HP subs, get every color represented, and then use a sub with armor break. Makes quick work of Neptune.

actually using an armor break would make complete sense (which I haven't used for ooh)

using a Lmeta team I can destroy neptune every time without thinking.

using a healer lmeta/valk team I can sleep through the dungeon, which is what I want to do to farm.

DQXQ suffers from low hp for descends and requires you to be (somewhat) awake for farming. I really like DQXQ but it really is not that viable compared to some of the other teams I can put together. Kirin seems to be my next 'end' game team and DQXQ doesn't help learning to play it.

that being said DQXQ makes an amazing Lmeta farm sub.

actually using an armor break would make complete sense (which I haven't used for ooh)

using a Lmeta team I can destroy neptune every time without thinking.

using a healer lmeta/valk team I can sleep through the dungeon, which is what I want to do to farm.

DQXQ suffers from low hp for descends and requires you to be (somewhat) awake for farming. I really like DQXQ but it really is not that viable compared to some of the other teams I can put together. Kirin seems to be my next 'end' game team and DQXQ doesn't help learning to play it.

that being said DQXQ makes an amazing Lmeta farm sub.

Oh I'm likely not going to use DQXQ for descends (except for Valk descended, since I think I can do it with a stone or two and get closer to completing my Kirin team). But OOH is easy farming for me with DQ. Granted my two leaders are both combo subs, so I've never been able to sleep through a dungeon. That's why I want a Satan team :)

Also I've seen a lot of interesting teams with DQ. Healer burst is at the lower end of the power scale. There are some heavy REM God based DQ teams that stack light damage with constant x16 and x32 burst with Izanagi.

And some light/water row based DQ teams.

Scratch

can you explain this?

now devil/balance

with a d/b loki it just makes it easier to sub out what ever was previously used for blue?

Basically d/d Haku doesn't care about god sub typing and like you said it is excellent for the blue subtype. It makes d/d Haku teams which uses a full team of devils a lot stronger than before. Previously I was running something awkward like drawn joker or vamp which have super shitty awoken skills

Example team I'll use:

Leaders: d/d Haku
Subs: d/w Loki, Lu bu, hq Persephone, d/d hades

So my friend is using his parent's iPad to send me and himself presents at rank 20. Considering this allows us to easily get snow globes and +eggs.... Is it against the rules for him to be doing this?

Hige

I need one dark keeper, so of course the game gives me SIX light keepers in a row. I need to see if I can handle gold keeper because this is ridiculous.

Paltros

So I finally scrolled all the way down in my Padherder, and apparently I'd need 5612 on color Pengdras to max level all my stuff... and that's without having added all my god dupes. I got my work cut out for me.

I started out the Godfest with some pretty horrific rolls. I ended on a high note when I pulled Blue Sonia and Blue Odin.

I had been focusing on Karin as a lead, but I've got some great subs for Blue Sonia (Amon, Blue Odin, bubblie, b/d karin or max skill sieg or w/l neptune). I think I'll be switching to Blue Sonia as my main lead. I've got about 3.5 million XP in fodder, a bunch of + egg mules, and plenty of Tamadras.

I have BSonia up 99% of the time and Pandora on second lead usually. Amberjack is a great sub too with B/D Karin, you get a third BSonia Active with heal instead of Dark damage and 100% Water Orb Enhance.

Top Bottom