• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

TFW you need your maxed DQ friend to do Goddess Descended and they haven't signed on yet.

Anyone have a DQ with a high level, max awoken, and a buttload of plus eggs?

edit: Fucked up my King Shynee combo somehow. Failed after spending 2 stones. Meh. I'll try again later.

5 stoned extreme god rush.

Didn't even get the free tama but I am NOT entering that dungeon again.

Got a Gaia, definately hate that dungeon as much as this one, so I will be saving her for an awakening...

Ra/L/l Ra leads - echidna (max skilled)\Yomi (max skilled)\Susano (Max Skilled)\Unit -13 (max awoken)

Echidna saved me six or seven stones, Susano saved me 4-5 different stones, and Yomi helped with time on movement and CTW for the boss.

I am NEVER going in there again.

J0dy77

5 stoned extreme god rush.

Didn't even get the free tama but I am NOT entering that dungeon again.

Got a Gaia, definately hate that dungeon as much as this one, so I will be saving her for an awakening...

Ra/L/l Ra leads - echidna (max skilled)\Yomi (max skilled)\Susano (Max Skilled)\Unit -13 (max awoken)

Echidna saved me six or seven stones, Susano saved me 4-5 different stones, and Yomi helped with time on movement and CTW for the boss.

I am NEVER going in there again.

I definitely wasn't looking forward to this dungeon and might just skip it all together. I have all of the gods already, not much point other than the accomplishment.

Did you activate Haku? If not you should.
Neither were up yet unfortunately because...

It would not have mattered, when the demons go below 35% hp they use Evil Slash. You needed to be at full health to tank Hellice Frost Demon evil slash that hits for 12048.

For Demons you need to make sure you can one shot them, tank hits with defensive stance, or use delay.

If you cant stall on Mk.III stall on the mask, Target mystic mask activate Haku leader skill, not sure about how many combos but 4 or 5 seem like it would be enough to leave one to stall on.
...I stupidly killed the masks too quickly since I misjudged my damage. I think if I had stalled an extra turn or two on the masks, my actives would've been up for that floor. Menace would've definitely been available since it was ready right after my last move.

I just wasn't sure if targeting the green demon directed too much damage towards it instead of the blue one (overkilling the green one) but it probably didn't matter.

Ducarmel

My little niece figured out how to open PAD on my ipad behind my back, she made a REM pull by accident somehow randomly pressing the screen. :(

Technically I pulled the lever since she could not figure how it worked, as expected I got crap Naga!

I was going to use those stones to farm Loki/Pandora skill ups.

flammie

New to this game started off with my first as a Megalodran, should I keep retrying??
Thanks for any advice :)

Megalodran is terrible, reroll until you get at least a god. Some of the better gods are listed in the OP (some of the other gods are good too, even if they are not listed).

Ducarmel

New to this game started off with my first as a Megalodran, should I keep retrying??
Keep retrying

Read this doc to see what you should be aiming for

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

Dark Gala is activated so the chances are higher you might get a dark attribute god

Haku is still a great god to have

Okuninushi is hard to play with for beginners, but it wont take long to get used to playing him.

There wont be a godfest until the end of the month so maybe not to burn yourself out keep the first decent god you get and play the game to see if you like it. Save whatever stones you got and try to pull then to see if you get anything good, if not reroll.

Yes. I'd reroll.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit#

Check out the detailed rerolling guide. You can always settle for less, but the first roll is the only roll you have total control over. If you trust your luck you can hope to roll a better leader later on that can carry you to later parts of the game.

edit: Beaten by a minute

We really should link the google doc in the OP if we haven't done so.

FZZ

Banned
Lmao I spent four stones on goddess descended :(... Burned through the first four floors with my attacker team, popped my 3x flamie burst but then valk healed. Man my echidna was useless. And the 12k damage per turn killed me every two or three turns. Oh well at least I got the drop for her and the dark machine golem.

Ended up unable to get Valk. Oh well. I'll attempt it next time after I've increased my team cost, skilled up my monsters, and gotten better at Kirin. A lesson that cost several stones but not like I need that many right now.

Cels

what teams do people use to clear sky prison? pal RNG has given me 3 angelits but no devilits...

i have a healer team (bastet, L/L venus, valk, echidna, king shynee) which i think is my best bet. valk, echidna are max skilled, rest have s.level 1 or 2.

my other main team is a tank rs lucifer, which definitely wouldn't work

How are you planning on dealing with, well, the entire dungeon? Your Bastet team has no way of stalling, or removing binds, or dealing with dubs on low CD.

Cels

How are you planning on dealing with, well, the entire dungeon? Your Bastet team has no way of stalling, or removing binds, or dealing with dubs on low CD.

i was planning on taking a straightforward approach of stalling f1 on mythlits, killing normally f2, stall on mythlit f3, activate valk/shynee/venus/ to kill on f4 with echidna delay for some breathing room

probably too much potential for orb-trolling though? i've seen videos where people 0st this, with valk/valk or bastet/kushi, but you are right it seems really unsafe.

i don't actually really need the devilit for anything right now. my other goal right now is to be able to clear zeus, still haven't yet.

razterik

Managed to pull two invades from Valkyrie at the last minute after running it about 30 times today. Both times I ate a stone when Ronia gave me almost completely red boards against double blue demons. Fucking annoying. At least I max skilled my light golem and almost finished a third Valk.

I hate these new evo mats already.

So I actually stalled for the maximum turns on the masks this time around and had Lilith up for those floor 4 demons in Goddess Descended. One shotted them with the 1.5x boost and saved Menace for Valk. Good thing too since my unboosted 12.25x w/ one row only did ~70% to her.

Hige

I actually beat twinlits OMG. Didn't sweep floor 1 so I got very lucky Echidna didn't get bound and I could delay them, but that left me without delay for floor 3. Had to use AOE attacks on floor 3 and make a row of hearts to clear binds on my last attack or I'd die. I think I barely had enough damage for the final floor since I'm terrible at arranging Ronia boards when under pressure haha. Got the devilit I wanted and finally got ult Shiva.

Felt good and decided to try a second run after that and got orb trolled on floor 1. Fuck that dungeon.

linsivvi

Managed to pull two invades from Valkyrie at the last minute after running it about 30 times today. Both times I ate a stone when Ronia gave me almost completely red boards against double blue demons. Fucking annoying. At least I max skilled my light golem and almost finished a third Valk.

I hate these new evo mats already.

I only farmed for the green and light orbs for the eventual Athena ultimate. Not going to bother otherwise with such a big stamina sink.

razterik

I only farmed for the green and light orbs for the eventual Athena ultimate. Not going to bother otherwise with such a big stamina sink.

That's my intention as well, but grabbing some spares for the future.

Also, next set of ultimates are going live. Genbu, Odin, Athena, Izanagi, and Baal should be up today.

Quantum

threw a few of the free stones we got recently at twinlits.

nope. nope nope nope.

its so easy to get trolled in that dungeon...

and I didn't get my pal points for the day.

think I'm going to use the rest of my stones on gold this evening,

shinjijai

busty grodin, and didn't have enough materials for the other busty. i'll probably never do athena until there's a better way to get those mat, random invades suck. with the new busty grodin, i'm pretty safe in twinlits, unless the board starts off with no black and red orbs.

colinp

Banned
Yes he is. I wasn't prepared so I had to run Mythic Stone Dragon Cave right now for a green Keeper. Now I need to evolve 3 baby Tamadra so I can fully awaken him.

I've got four baby tams to evolve, and no dub-topalits to evolve with. Drop, damn you! Drop!

Jagernaut

The D/W and D/L Batman ultimates are live too. Just bustied my D/W Batman (gains devil subtype), need 7 Tamadra to awaken him.

Speculation on forums that Batman Collab is coming back.

Ducarmel

I'm a hot mess.

I was looking for my second GOdin to busty then I realized I feed him away months ago for the plus egg he had. Another card to add to the list of cards I regret feeding away.

Does anyone have a zeus? I finally got a team to do twinlits but no one on my friends list has a zeus.

Are we friends?

Ducarmel

That sucks

When you say overestimated do you mean you were just overwhelmed? Out of curiosity what was your team because it was proven even low cost/rarity Zeus team is capable.

J0dy77

Does anyone have a zeus? I finally got a team to do twinlits but no one on my friends list has a zeus.

Heres my team

I took out most of the floor 1 but got binded and couldn't recover from it.

Your team is more than capable of doing the dungeon. You have to get the hang of it. First floor you need to measure your damage to leave one mythlit and stall for Lilith poison. Round 2 use poison after turn 1 depending on the attack timers. Round 3 delay and focus down the right dub, then the left and leave the tamdra, setup the board and delay for gravity. Final round, pop gravity and one shot bosses with setup board.

You may want to think about removing Hera, a third gravity is really overkill and put in another light mob. Having 6 or 7 light sources of damage makes a 3 -4 orb match usually leave with one mythlit on round 1.

Add me if I'm not on your list. ID is in the spreadsheet.

I think Twinlits is actually one of the best designed dungeons in the game, first floor RNG trolling aside. No other dungeon tests your team building and understanding of gameplay mechanics as much.

Nista

Posted this over in the hearthstone thread, figured I'd post here as well:

$5 off a $10 itunes code with Paypayl checkout option here:

Thanks for the notice, had some paypal balance to use up.

I also need to farm up some tamas for my new stripper Odin. He must be autohealing through the power of abs.

I also have a Zeus I can put up for Twinlits, feel free to add me. I guess I should probably busty his ass since I have the angelits just sitting in my box.

linsivvi

I think Twinlits is actually one of the best designed dungeons in the game, first floor RNG trolling aside. No other dungeon tests your team building and understanding of gameplay mechanics as much.

I made a damage calculation Excel worksheet just for Twinlits, so I can tell how much damage I would make. Doesn't help much though since there's always skyfalls.

thetechkid

Your team is more than capable of doing the dungeon. You have to get the hang of it. First floor you need to measure your damage to leave one mythlit and stall for Lilith poison. Round 2 use poison after turn 1 depending on the attack timers. Round 3 delay and focus down the right dub, then the left and leave the tamdra, setup the board and delay for gravity. Final round, pop gravity and one shot bosses with setup board.

You may want to think about removing Hera, a third gravity is really overkill and put in another light mob. Having 6 or 7 light sources of damage makes a 3 -4 orb match usually leave with one mythlit on round 1.

Add me if I'm not on your list. ID is in the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the tip, I looked in the spreadsheets but don't see you there.

Top Bottom