• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

am_dragon

I was going to try for the D/W Batman but after looking at this results list I remember getting multiple cat woman last time.

Is there going to be another way to skill Pandora? I've been running the purple dragon but I've yet to see her skill up mob. I saw on the Facebook group someone had 92 of those dragons before they finished her, I'm not doing that.

Kreed

Is Ronia team tactic always the same? Stall then use baddie+Ronia and one shot everything.

King Baddie and Hera-Ur are the usual subs, but the other members can vary depending on the dungeon (both before and at the final boss). For example, in Starlight Sanctuary you need regular Hera/Hera-Is for Gravity to bring Zeus' HP down and hope you don't get orb trolled with Red Sonia's active (even with Hera-Ur and Baddie if you don't get enough dark orbs you can still get killed). Whereas with the Twinlit Dungeon, I usually bring Lilith and Echidna for floors 2 and 3, and for the Trifruit Dungeon I bring Gigas and Vampire for the floors before the final floor.

Ducarmel

Yes, robin. he's awesome for tri colors and low cost dungeons. i should keep him unevolved for draggie and tengu, yes?
Robin is Anubis lite, he is awesome for most dungeons unevolved or evolved if you can use his potential.

Paprika Robin Draggie run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBGBqvYJdGg

What's a good team to work towards if I have Kirin?

The old standard Kirin team still works for many dungeans

Kirin, Echidna, Valk, Verche, Hera-is, Kirin friend.

So would a healer team with a Gigas the Great as an HP tank be able to take Sandalphon?

I dont think so, what is your healer team build?

What's a good team to work towards if I have Kirin?

Kirin physical team (Farmable)

Dual Kirin leads / King Bubblie/ Gigas the Great/Valk Rose/ (Angelion, echidna Or Verche Uvo)

Kirin Teams (w IAP)

Sub in UVO Apollo for Gigas the Great and D/L Yomi works well for the final slot. another would be red/Blue Shiva (an upcoming project for me as well)

Lots of options and she is relatively farm friendly. It's why she is so desireable, you can beat almost all of the content

Jagernaut

I forgot that I hadn't beaten Batman - Legend before (too hard for me back then) so I just beat it with my DTron team.

DTron
Hanzo - max skilled
Hanzo - max skilled
Ares - max skilled
Haku - max skilled
DTron

I used Ares + Hanzo to kill Dreathstroke while blinded, and then had a good Haku board with 9 dark orbs to one shot Joker (2nd Hanzo was used earlier and not yet ready).

Now I need to come up with a S rank team.

Stoof

Thanks guys! Been trying to get a Naga drop for a while now, I should have most of those other guys though. Is Valk REM only?

EDIT: Just saw she was a Descended monster, sweet.

Ducarmel

This is my healer team, I was also thinking of trying a Ronia team but I'm really unsure of that one.
Are you trying to emulate this valk run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jff014QHJDc

The thing to note about this team is hina
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1044

She has 2 Reduce Light Damage awakenings, your going to have to find an extra ~1400 hp at least assuming you can match the 15510 hp in that run. This is only just in case you cannot kill one of the unicorns in your first turn after healing the preemptive strikes.

edit: Quick calculation, you will need 16741 hp to tank the unicorns at full health if they both use Saintly Horn.

thetechkid

Are you trying to emulate this valk run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jff014QHJDc

The thing to note about this team is hina
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1044

She has 2 Reduce Light Damage awakenings, your going to have to find an extra 1400 hp at least assuming you can match the 15510 hp in that run. This is only just in case you cannot kill one of the unicorns in your first turn after healing the preemptive strikes.

Yeah thats what I was trying trying to mimic, I was planning on adding Gigas the great in place of Echidna.

551 days played on JP. Gigas was my third REM roll.
4Zb7TzB.jpg

finally

Kirin physical team (Farmable)

Dual Kirin leads / King Bubblie/ Gigas the Great/Valk Rose/ (Angelion, echidna Or Verche Uvo)

Kirin Teams (w IAP)

Sub in UVO Apollo for Gigas the Great and D/L Yomi works well for the final slot. another would be red/Blue Shiva (an upcoming project for me as well)

Lots of options and she is relatively farm friendly. It's why she is so desireable, you can beat almost all of the content

Iirc the best farmable kirin team doesn't bother with stacking physical users. Instead it goes kirin, verche, valk, echidna, hera is.

linsivvi

There's not really a best Kirin team. The one without physical burst is for general farming, but there are times where you do need the physical burst.

So you can say there are two different configurations of Kirin teams for different situations.

And even then, I don't even pack Hera-Is in the standard team any more unless I need to stall for gravity. I have Amon (my initial roll!) and Gungho has finally upgraded it to the point where it's statistically better than Hera-Is, and it's physical to boot.

There's not really a best Kirin team. The one without physical burst is for general farming, but there are times where you do need the physical burst.

So you can say there are two different configurations of Kirin teams for different situations.

And even then, I don't even pack Hera-Is in the standard team any more unless I need to stall for gravity. I have Amon (my initial roll!) and Gungho has finally upgraded it to the point where it's statistically better than Hera-Is, and it's physical to boot.

I don't think you're correct exactly. The old standard of Echida/Hera-Is/Verche/Valk wasn't used for general farming, but for the clearing of descends. Like most of the older Kirin videos on youtube showcasing tackling descends with Kirin used that team. Unless we have a different definition of "general farming."

And yes, Amon probably can replace Hera-Is. I'm talking about farmable teams. I haven't seen the physical farmable team used more than the standard farmable team I listed.

linsivvi

The old Kirin videos don't have the physical team because Kirin wasn't even physical until a few months ago.

Maybe you should at least try playing with maxed teams of both before you call other people incorrect.

And yes, I consider Starlight Sanctuary general farming.

The old Kirin videos don't have the physical team because Kirin wasn't even physical until a few months ago.

Maybe you should at least try playing with maxed teams of both before you call other people incorrect.

And yes, I consider Starlight Sanctuary general farming.

My "you're incorrect" was not that people don't use physical kirin teams. Just wrong that the standard kirin team was only for general farming. It was used for tackling descends, and still is used for tackling many descends. That was why I brought up the older videos so you're counterargument of "well of course they didn't use physical teams because they didnt exist back then" isn't really a counterargument. Those videos weren't forged, so clearly a non-physical Kirin team is highly capable of doing descends and not only for general farming.

And I've seen very few (if any) dungeons where a Kirin team needed the x75 burst with Bubblie. So I'm not particularly convinced that Physical incarnations are better, or that non-physical ones are only suitable for farming and not really for descends.

linsivvi

That standard Kirin farming team simply won't be able to beat most of the newer descends period. Hera-Is is just a stats sticks because you can't charge for gravity unless you have it max skilled.

There's no best team. It's absurd to say that when each descend requires different subs to make it work.

If you believe otherwise, try beat every dungeon in the game with it and good luck.

That standard Kirin farming team simply won't be able to beat most of the newer descends period. Hera-Is is just a stats sticks because you can't charge for gravity unless you have it max skilled.

If you believe otherwise, try beat every dungeon in the game with it and good luck.

Most != Every.

I'm aware Hera-Is is just a stat stick most of the time, and that better REM subs exist. I'm talking about farmable subs. She's one of the better options.

And can you provide some mathematical data that the old standard Kirin team isn't capable of tackling most of the newest descends? You keep insisting it is for farming, but there's a substantial amount of video evidence demonstrating that it is capable of many descends. I believe I've even seen videos of it tackling some of the newer ones.

linsivvi

Mathematical data? Are you for real?

How about my own experience and other people's experiences and their posted teams?

How about look at the dungeon data and see that it makes a lot more sense to use a 75 burst team? Or a Kirin team with entirely different subs than these two?

Red Flower dragon is one example. It blocks menace and binds your whole team if you brings it down to 50%. So you burst it down in 1 go.

The twin dragons is another example. It hits you 10K+ every turn from floor 1 and so most Kirin teams would go physical. Even when they don't they do use your standard "best" team, since it's simply suicidal.

You can't play the game by watching videos.

Mathematical data? Are you for real?

How about my own experience and other people's experiences and their posted teams?

How about look at the dungeon data and see that it makes a lot more sense to use a 75 burst team? Or a Kirin team with entirely different subs than these two?

Red Flower dragon is one example. It blocks menace and binds your whole team if you brings it down to 50%. So you burst it down in 1 go.

The twin dragons is another example. It hits you 10K+ every turn from floor 1 and so most Kirin teams would go physical. Even when they don't they do use your standard "best" team, since it's simply suicidal.

You can't play the game by watching videos.

If I am going by the experiences of other people on other sites, the standard Kirin team is plenty capable of clearing many of the newer descends with enough plus egg investment.

Maybe you and I have different ideas as to what "best" entails. I think you're getting increasingly angry at me over what amounts to us having different functional definitions.

Also videos count as other peoples experiences, so I find it a bit funny that you tell me to use other people's experiences but then criticize me for doing so within the same post.

Quantum

Blackgate prison is no joke.

just cleared master with a DQXQ team, and it was more about luck than skill. Last time this came around I wasn't able to clear master (although I did have a joker drop in expert)

Sixth floor was bane so those 4 turns really really helped, definitely having delay issues even with enc+sun

wish I had a team farm ready for this, would be fun to have a max'd Ra.

Team used:

DQXQ/ Enc (lotus) / shynee / Valk (WR) / Sun Quan / DQXQ

having bane followed directly by the joker is a pain in the ass, but really fun making that last cascade and destroying joker. Now I have to figure out if I can take legend with DQXQ or if I should finally get my kirin team together.

I have enough stones for one pull - I have the d/d bm (from first time this was around) and was considering pulling for a unevo robin for some of the restricted dungeons...

so tempted to pull.

Wait so unevoed robin is good?

I was in your exact position DD batman and wanted a nother as a devil team sub. maybe i should be happy with robin then?

Blackgate prison is no joke.

just cleared master with a DQXQ team, and it was more about luck than skill. Last time this came around I wasn't able to clear master (although I did have a joker drop in expert)

Sixth floor was bane so those 4 turns really really helped, definitely having delay issues even with enc+sun

wish I had a team farm ready for this, would be fun to have a max'd Ra.

I hated Blackgate Prison when it came around the second time (with the full 7 level dungeon). The dungeon was designed to murder Lucifer teams, Kirin teams have a tough time with it, Horus teams had the most success. Goemon came out of retirement but you had to have the perfect first floor and pray for the right monsters to avoid pre-emptives. It was rough. Just look at the PDX teams tab, they are all over the place.

Blackgate 1 floor (first incarnation at BA:O release) was an interesting exercise. 10 turns to kill Joker, so you could only Echidna at max skill AND an awakening. no lol cannon, no gravity, skill ups for chinese gods did not exist yet, (in US at least). So you had to figure out a way to burst him down OR spend money... Many of us spent money...

This time I took my IAP Ronia team to it, took two runs to "fine tune" it (when to stall, how to stall, when to use skills) and I think Bane will still give me trouble. I 0 stoned it, and should be able to repeat that with only minor problems from Bane.

colinp

Banned
Yeah I'll just ignore him. I just don't want to see people passing around bad advice, as I noticed that he's done it quite a few times before.

Trust me, I understand all too well. ;)

Sometimes it's best to just let it go.

Back on track, damn now I don't know whether I want to stone for plus eggs or pull on Batman. Hmmm, I guess it depends on what time the plus egg dungeons drops. *please be a good time please please please*

razterik

Assuming it hasn't changed, here's a fun tip for anyone running Batman: delay Bane right after he uses Venom Strength. He will never attack without his boost up, so you can use this to gain extra turns or even lock him up indefinitely.

colinp

Banned
That's actually precisely where I've gotten all of my Kirin info from.

If my info is outdated and bad then that link is too. And now that I look more closely it is from 2013.

Yeah it's a bit old- doesn't even mention her busty form! But the basics hold I think, certainly isn't the final word on Kirin.

linsivvi

You know for all we complain about the game not changing over time the fact that we can't agree on a boilerplate Kirin build anymore speaks magnitudes

Gungho like to throw different stuffs at you so you can't use 1 team to do everything. Super high defense, super high damage, skill lock, menace block, damage absorb, poison, time reduction, etc. They've done it for a long time started with making dungeons that Lucifer and Odin teams can't clear. It is pretty much required to use different teams depending on the situation.

Not 1 team or even 1 leader can do it all. I think people who've cleared most contents would agree.

Limit

I have been running maleficent dragon lord zaerog as my main leader (l/l Ra now being number 2) for a few weeks now and still haven't been able to determine what the best subs for him are. I just use him for mindless +eggs farming and metal dragon dungeons. Currently I have Angelion, Megalodran, Flare Drall, and ADK, Zeal as subs. Are there any better subs options for him?

Jagernaut

The original 1 floor Blackgate dungeon was simple if you had Goemon and could meet the hp requirement. Load the team with your strongest light mobs, take 1 hit and destroy Joker.

The full dungeon is harder, the enemy skills make it harder to stall. I couldn't do legend back then with Haku which was my strongest dark focused team. Now I destroyed it with DTron.

Quantum

Wait so unevoed robin is good?

I was in your exact position DD batman and wanted a nother as a devil team sub. maybe i should be happy with robin then?

good?

I think so,

it has a 4 star rating unevo'd team cost of 10 and has its 4x - 8x skill (combo dependent)

given the possibility of more team restrictions (cost, star ratings) it is a pretty decent lead.

Top Bottom