• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

shinjijai

honestly the only team i've found that's super reliable for twinlits is f/d shiva with grodin. l/l zeus get a skyfall, you're screw. haku, get orb trolled, you're screwed. i'm sure there are better and easier teams for twinlits (full rodin), but f/d shiva has been super safe for me.

xCobalt

honestly the only team i've found that's super reliable for twinlits is f/d shiva with grodin. l/l zeus get a skyfall, you're screw. haku, get orb trolled, you're screwed. i'm sure there are better and easier teams for twinlits (full rodin), but f/d shiva has been super safe for me.

Don't think I've seen Shiva with Grodin. Whats the team composition?

Da heck? F/D Shiva and GrOdin? You've piqued my interest. What's the build look like?

shinjijai

Da heck? F/D Shiva and GrOdin? You've piqued my interest. What's the build look like?

f/d shiva, hera-ur, ronia, baddie, grodin/ama (any unbindable), and friend f/d shiva. the mythil spend most of their time trying to bind grodin. give you safe stall, and whenever f/d shiva gets unbind, just do 3 fire and kill the mythit one at a time, then use shiva on floor 2 and 3, and all skills on floor 4. just use grodin/ama skill if you don't meet the hp threshold for floor 3.

edit: i probably used the wrong term, in my original post, i meant grodin as a sub, not as a friend leader.

Jagernaut

I want to ultimate evolve Athena so I ran Hera Sowilo Mythical with my Ronia team and got the Meimei invade on the first try. Now I just need the Light jewel. Also got 1 skillup for my Apollo.

coy

Got Odin up but missing mats for Izanagi and Meimei. Will worry about Athena later on.

I have grown fond of Twinlits runs while still using the farmable Zeus team. Sure, trolling still occurs, but being able to consistently recover from FL1 when more than 2 myths/lits are present is a satisfying feeling. I should learn how to tackle the place with LMeta or Shiva leads. Anyways, I usually have them or Zeus up on Fridays.

Jagernaut

Got Odin up but missing mats for Izanagi and Meimei. Will worry about Athena later on.

I have grown fond of Twinlits runs while still using the farmable Zeus team. Sure, trolling still occurs, but being able to consistently recover from FL1 when more than 2 myths/lits are present is a satisfying feeling. I should learn how to tackle the place with LMeta or Shiva leads. Anyways, I usually have them or Zeus up on Fridays.

I would think that LTron would be better because she is unbindable and can clear binds. Also you could use a King Shynee burst on the bosses. I use DTron and it's pretty safe with a max skilled Hanzo.

Really want to ulti Athena but no invades so far. I guess it'll come eventually.

And gotta chime in on the Twinlits love. Running a Haku team and as long as I have dark/blue/red orbs(which is most of the time) on 1F it's a kill, even if I only manage to down 1 Mythlit on the first turn. Tried out Zeus in the beginning but that was really unreliable in comparison.

And gotta chime in on the Twinlits love. Running a Haku team and as long as I have dark/blue/red orbs(which is most of the time) on 1F it's a kill, even if I only manage to down 1 Mythlit on the first turn. Tried out Zeus in the beginning but that was really unreliable in comparison.
Since you don't bother stalling on floor 1, how reliable is it to chip away at the dublits on floor 2?

I just ran the dungeon for the first time and cleared floor 1 in one turn unintentionally (wanted to stall for Lilith). Came a few pixels away from finishing floor 2 before the last dublit killed me.

Since you don't bother stalling on floor 1, how reliable is it to chip away at the dublits on floor 2?

I do stall, sorry if that was unclear from the post, I meant that the dungeon was clearable, not just 1F. And it's really easy to stall since you won't get any real damage off while any color is bound, so you can go mad with combos while healing/chipping away at one mythlit if two are up.

So I decided to try to (casually) get back into this game, and am starting a new account. Any really big changes in the last 6 months I should b aware of? The reroll list seems about the same.

coy

I would think that LTron would be better because she is unbindable and can clear binds. Also you could use a King Shynee burst on the bosses. I use DTron and it's pretty safe with a max skilled Hanzo.

From everything I've read, she is a better choice. The HP threshold for FL3 is not a concern either. I think I am too stuck on the old ways that I am limiting myself not learning a new method.

So I decided to try to (casually) get back into this game, and am starting a new account. Any really big changes in the last 6 months I should b aware of? The reroll list seems about the same.

Indian 2.0 may yield interesting skills so check those out when they eventually drop. Also, Two-Prong Awakenings (TPA) are now sought after after a buff to the skill. I have yet to mess with them so others can speak for their viability. Here's a link to a TPA chart you may find interesting.

Paltros

Tried twinlits this morning with a Pandora team to open to a dark-less board and only 5 fire orbs for Hanzo to change... by the time the mythlits were done with me my whole team was bound for 15 turns except for DMeta. When is that Pandora skillup survey dungeon again?

Anyway, had more luck on my second try after rank up refill.

Jagernaut said:
What's your Dmeta team for Twinlits?

Chewstay

Neo Member
What's your Dmeta team for Twinlits?

I know you are not asking me but I'll give you my Dmeta team for twinlit :p I would give it a 95% 0stone success rate unless you get ridiculously unlucky:

Dmeta (+108), Hanzo (max skill), ronia (18 turn skill, +180), 2 liliths (both max skill)

Basically it goes like this:
1. 5 dark + 2 combos to sweep the non mythlits OR 1 row of dark (careful not to over-combo)
2. Stall for 3-4 turns or so here while being careful to clear all dark orbs when dmg isn't activated, match 3 lights when damage is activated to take out the mythlits one at a time
3. Sweep whatever is left
4. Poison floor 2
5. Poison floor 3
6. Match 3 orbs on final stage and take a hit then Ronia + Hanzo + DMeta = 1hko

Some damage control notes that might be helpful:
- You can get 1-2 stalls on the 2nd stage if needed
- If you really get stuck you can kill the tamadra in 2 turns giving you 4 extra stalls on stage 3
- The biggest annoyance is Ronia continually getting bound and stacking it up high, counter by taking out mythlits quickly and minimizing stall time on stage 1
- Also easily doable with Haku in Ronia's place but reduces that 95% success rate to about 80%

Jonsoncao

Banned
O9qDG1X.png

My new anti-orb troll Twinlit farming team...

Originally it was another Ronia instead of GOdin busty, friend leader is ROdin. About 1 in 3 runs I got orb trolled on the first floor then done.

Now this team can pair with Ronia, and doesn't worry about the lack of RCV from the first floor binding.

EDIT: nvm...huge flaw in this build. Guess I just got lucky last time, need to switch the D/L Lilith to D/D Lilith.

what are u guys using for the s rank on tower of jewels? i used a valk/valk team but got killed on the bosses.

I'm using the crappiest masks for my subs. leaves me with very little hp.

colinp

Banned
what are u guys using for the s rank on tower of jewels? i used a valk/valk team but got killed on the bosses.

I'm using the crappiest masks for my subs. leaves me with very little hp.

Same and same! Wondering what to do.

Also, nothing's dropping for me from the tower. Is that normal? What kind of tower is this?

Ducarmel

Same and same! Wondering what to do.

Also, nothing's dropping for me from the tower. Is that normal? What kind of tower is this?

Tower of Jewels is specifically designed for plus eggs drops and the rare Super king gold.

If you want plus eggs its not a bad place to farm and spend stones, especially if its on 2x bonus.

Awesome. I just landed Umisachi & Yamasachi as my first roll. Glad I got a good one early in the reroll process. My friend code is 381227385 if you guys wouldn't mind adding me. AG2@GAF

Jagernaut

S ranked Tower of Jewel with Ronia and Lu Bu leaders and 1 star subs. The 2.7 rarity guarantees 220,000 points so you can take as long as you like and then kill the bosses with Ronia active + Lu Bu boost. I stalled on dubmythlits (2 dropped) until my skills were charged.

razterik

more paprika

That's just sick. He even makes a few mistakes, but he has amazing orb movement without using a stylus.

Had some bad luck today, so I only managed a single light jewel drop in my last run of Hera-Is. Already fed it to Athena for her ultimate. Now I need some light exp to max level her. Super golds where are you.

Glad I never max skilled any descend outside gravity on Hera-Is. Can focus on dungeons I like for spirit jewels and ignore the rest. Zeus for red, Goemon/Izanami for blue, Hera-Sowilo for green, Hera-Is/Sandalphon for light, and Athena for dark.

Good to see Batman back. Hope more people start to run D/W. Might roll a bit for D/L since he fits on devil teams now. Will try to max skill both Blue Odins, but that'll be pretty tough.

S rank for Tower of Jewels. Not hard with max skill Hanahime, but certainly doable without. Takes a couple rows or one row and extra matches to down the boss carbuncles.

Project complete!
Most have been done for a while, but King Flamie finally caught up while I was farming Legendary Seaway. Hope we see Draggie style ultimates for these one day.

Jagernaut

Pre-event already.

*Rogues & Marauders Pre-Event*
[Duration] 7/21 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 7/24 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The City is burning! Criminals run rampant through the streets! Who will come to stop them?!

The following dungeons will appear during this special pre-event:

7/21 - Beelzebub Descended!
7/22 - The Thief Descended!
7/23 - Satan Descended!
7/24 - Sandalphon Descended!

Adding to the chaos and danger, our Spirit Jewel event will continue to run. Be on the look out for rare invades from the Five Elements gods during your Legend and Mythical difficulty dungeon runs! Check the following link for more details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

As a bonus for these special weekdays, *1000 Pal Points* are being awarded to players each day! Pal Points may be received as late as 4AM of the following day.

Pal Points max out at 10000 per player, so be sure to use them to get the most of these event bonuses!

Ducarmel

I've been rerolling for hours and the best I got is a level 30 echo tress of the sea siren, can I make it work or keep at it??

Siren while a very important mob to have for beginners is a terrible leader.

To be fair rerolling for hours is nothing, most players looking for a good starting roll sometimes end up rerolling for days if not weeks

Keep rerolling till you get a better gold egg, with Gala of Tides active
Code:
6 ★
972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
558 Blue Wind Ninja, Hatsume
513 King Siegfried, Blue Champion
381 Beast Rider Merlin

5 ★
1233 Sun Quan
1067 Andromeda
801 Umisachi&Yamasachi
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
632 Amon
622 Archangel Gabriel
569 Hermes
492 Isis
370 Idunn&Idunna
238 Lakshmi
134 Viper Orochi
124 Neptune

Umisachi&Yamasachi, followed by Isis, and Karin is the best of the bunch. The rest are decent or niche.

If you are really tired of this, with your starter dragon you should be able to do most of the beginner dungeons. You can just save the stones you earn and roll during the next godfest around the end of the month. If you get crap after spending the stones you got reroll during godfest.

I've been rerolling for hours and the best I got is a level 30 enchantress of the sea siren, can I make it work or keep at it??

If it isn't a godfest (I don't think it is) then you'd be better of holding off on rerolling. Godfest gives increased rates for god monsters. Siren is an easy to get (she can drop from normal levels) monster with bad stats. You won't be making her work.

Quantum

I've been rerolling for hours and the best I got is a level 30 enchantress of the sea siren, can I make it work or keep at it??

You can make anything "work"

Siren (Eots) will get you through the early game but will significantly stumble in mid and later game.

it is a terrible first roll for a non-iap player.

reroll if you don't intend to drop money.

that being said - I used to use my siren all the time in my first 100 or so days of play. at this point I haven't used my siren in more than 350 days (maybe randomly once or twice).

If you intend to spend money its an ok mob to have, although I think I would agree with everything posted so far - re-roll.

Mattiator

Siren while a very important mob to have for beginners is a terrible leader.

To be fair rerolling for hours is nothing, most players looking for a good starting roll sometimes end up rerolling for days if not weeks

Keep rerolling till you get a better gold egg, with Gala of Tides active
Code:
6 ★
972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
558 Blue Wind Ninja, Hatsume
513 King Siegfried, Blue Champion
381 Beast Rider Merlin

5 ★
1233 Sun Quan
1067 Andromeda
801 Umisachi&Yamasachi
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
632 Amon
622 Archangel Gabriel
569 Hermes
492 Isis
370 Idunn&Idunna
238 Lakshmi
134 Viper Orochi
124 Neptune

Umisachi&Yamasachi, followed by Isis, and Karin is the best of the bunch. The rest are decent or niche.

If you are really tired of this, with your starter dragon you should be able to do most of the beginner dungeons. You can just save the stones you earn and roll during the next godfest around the end of the month. If you get crap after spending the stones you got reroll during godfest.

Next roll I got a low level
Okuninushi, I read he is good in the long run thanks for your advice :)

colinp

Banned
Who is worth holding onto with the Batman collab? Copperhead seems useful in low cost dungeons- maybe Draggie?

Going to YOLO roll for Batman later today or tomorrow, too. Keeping my fingers crossed!
But which Batman is the best to get?

Top Bottom