• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

The original 1 floor Blackgate dungeon was simple if you had Goemon and could meet the hp requirement. Load the team with your strongest light mobs, take 1 hit and destroy Joker.
It seems simple in hinsight, but I remember when it first came out players were scrambling to come up with a reliable method of clearing it. Before the Goemon tech was discovered you even had some players claiming it as the most difficult dungeon in the game. Truly one of the more exciting moments in PAD especially since it debuted the same time in JP and NA so there was no prior Japanese netdeck for it.

Zero_IYAD

tumblr_n8zprbTVXe1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n928x5XgOd1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Gonna try & skill up B.Odin =_=

I figured the batcha was a pretty good deal given that I had only pulled once, and no impending godfest, so I used all three of my pulls. Came away with D/L and D/D batman and Catwoman, which I much better luck than I had with it back on my old account I'm pretty psyched about D/L as a possible delayer for U&Y.

Hige

Zero, your combo skills are impressive. I have had lower average combos in tricolor dungeons, that is great for a regular dungeon.
Seriously. Every time he posts an S rank pic I figure I'll give it a try with a slightly lower rarity team and try to aim for high combos. I then proceed to waste up to 50 stamina and leave the dungeon with an A rank. Stop getting my hopes up with this false advertising lol.

Wait so unevoed robin is good?

I was in your exact position DD batman and wanted a nother as a devil team sub. maybe i should be happy with robin then?

unevoed robin is amazing for cost restricted dungeons like draggie and tengu. or ragnarock odyssey ace.

only 10 cost but does 8x damage for 10 combos. he can power through most of those. plus tricolor dungeons are a breeze with him. he's a great low cost leader. u won't be descending with him, much, but he'll be amazing in all the other dungeons.

razterik

Second Freya ultimate. I think it was 3x ATK and a small RCV boost for balanced types.

Edit: Beaten. Might switch mine. Never use her in my healer teams.

Also don't mind the late group D slot. Can stone hard on it since I'll be done with work by then.

unevoed robin is amazing for cost restricted dungeons like draggie and tengu. or ragnarock odyssey ace.

only 10 cost but does 8x damage for 10 combos. he can power through most of those. plus tricolor dungeons are a breeze with him. he's a great low cost leader. u won't be descending with him, much, but he'll be amazing in all the other dungeons.

Coo. Already got team's foe descends but did need a good lowcost leader. What kind of subs should I be looking for?

Jagernaut

Coo. Already got team's foe descends but did need a good lowcost leader. What kind of subs should I be looking for?

Robin is good but he does not get an attack multiplier until he hits 8 combos. Anything less and you will only be attacking at 1x. I don't know about you but I can only reach 8 combos consistently in tricolor dungeons. D/D Batman is a better low cost leader for most people.

If you are good enough to hit 8 - 10 combos in a regular dungeon, Robin can clear every dungeon. He is a weaker D/L Anubis.

Robin is good but he does not get an attack multiplier until he hits 8 combos. Anything less and you will only be attacking at 1x. I don't know about you but I can only reach 8 combos consistently in tricolor dungeons. D/D Batman is a better low cost leader for most people.

If you are good enough to hit 8 - 10 combos in a regular dungeon, Robin can clear every dungeon. He is a weaker D/L Anubis.
=/

Looks like he will be sitting untouched in my box next to ra.

am_dragon

Hey everyone! Hate to be that guy, but I started doing some commentaries using L-Meta and figured I'd post a link to my newest one. Particularly proud of this one, I was able to take down Heracles on Legend 0 stone pretty surgically!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s0UQyn02-I

Great video, good commentary, and the team wasn't 100% max skilled, max awoken and +297.

On another note, that Freyja Ultimate is some of the nicest art in the game.

Zero_IYAD

Zero, your combo skills are impressive. I have had lower average combos in tricolor dungeons, that is great for a regular dungeon.

Seriously. Every time he posts an S rank pic I figure I'll give it a try with a slightly lower rarity team and try to aim for high combos. I then proceed to waste up to 50 stamina and leave the dungeon with an A rank. Stop getting my hopes up with this false advertising lol.
I never get these on the 1st try you know!
Bastet is my best partner since she was my very 1st super combo leader, I love partnering her up with Isis or another Bastet.

After I got Horus & Ra last September, I started shifting to them every now & then..
That actually helped my Bastet skills much much more..
I fail tons of times till I actually manage to score my S rank & post it here.

The new Ultis:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=102

Did they turn Gabriel into a female @_@ !

keiichi

Had to open a ticket because I lost my save data and never took a screenshot of the transfer code that was introduced recently.

:(

Any other JP players having as shit luck as I on the survey dungeon? Two days of farming it have only gotten me two Cattleya, and none of the gold pirates have given me skillups.

I'm looking for some advice on the most efficient way to progress in the early game. I just finished Castle of Satan, which iirc is where team composition starts becoming important. The only monsters of note that I have are U&Y, D/L Batman, D/D Batman, Siren and my blue starter. I'm thinking about farming Witch's Ball for exp and a possible Lilith/Echidna/Vamp drop, but I'm not sure if that is worth it. Or I could keep trying to force my way through the normal and tech dungeons to build up stones for the next godfest. I'm just not sure how far I'll get without decent subs. Any ideas?

Ducarmel

Got Goemon, cool dungeon and stuff.

What do I do with him?

He is a great sub for monored teams if max skilled

As a Leader he is very good if you can manage your health, if you don't have better leaders he is still imo one of the best non iap leaders in the game
pad forum guide
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=15867

I'm looking for some advice on the most efficient way to progress in the early game. I just finished Castle of Satan, which iirc is where team composition starts becoming important. The only monsters of note that I have are U&Y, D/L Batman, D/D Batman, Siren and my blue starter. I'm thinking about farming Witch's Ball for exp and a possible Lilith/Echidna/Vamp drop, but I'm not sure if that is worth it. Or I could keep trying to force my way through the normal and tech dungeons to build up stones for the next godfest. I'm just not sure how far I'll get without decent subs. Any ideas?

I guess it depends on your current team and rank, since you got U&Y I would at least try to power through to OOH in normal dungeons and Goddess in Paradise for tech dungeons, assuming your team has the hp and the attack power to safely do it.

If your team is not ready, then consider doing Pengdra cycle to level up your mobs and doing the most stamina efficient dungeon for rank ups until your ready to move on.

saichi

Blackgate prison is no joke.

just cleared master with a DQXQ team, and it was more about luck than skill. Last time this came around I wasn't able to clear master (although I did have a joker drop in expert)

Sixth floor was bane so those 4 turns really really helped, definitely having delay issues even with enc+sun

wish I had a team farm ready for this, would be fun to have a max'd Ra.

Team used:

DQXQ/ Enc (lotus) / shynee / Valk (WR) / Sun Quan / DQXQ

having bane followed directly by the joker is a pain in the ass, but really fun making that last cascade and destroying joker. Now I have to figure out if I can take legend with DQXQ or if I should finally get my kirin team together.

I had almost the same experience with my DQXQ team (but not healer team) on Master. Had a very close call with Bane and 2 close calls with Joker but managed 0 stone it.

My team -

DQXQ-Valk (WR)-W/D Vampire Duke-busty Ame-Okuni-DQXQ

Don't think I can beat Legend at all.

EDIT:

tech dungeons and have as many runs of Tower of Giants as you can during weekend until you are level 90.

With D/L Bats you have the core of a very good UmiYama team so you're already set on that front. If you feel uneasy about consistently activating him I'd consider putting yourself into dungeons a little harder than you're comfortable with - no better way to learn than putting yourself into do-or-die situations, heh.

I'm assuming you're going for Vamp and Lilith to help out your Batman teams? If you want Lilith for her poison, Copperhead has the exact same skill and is significantly easier to obtain from the Batman dungeon.

What's your current rank? If it's still below 87 you can farm Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower on the weekend until you hit that point for more stamina and team cost. If you can handle it, Hyperion Lava Flow - Lava Tube or any of the equivalent elemental dungeons gives comparable experience. I believe Oceanus Falls also drops evolved goblins to skill up your Siren as a bonus.

If you just need more EXP to level up monster stats, the Pengdra cycle as previously mentioned is a good way to do so.

There's a lot of stuff available for you at your point in the game. The important thing is to pick a goal and work towards it.

I'm only rank 36. Tower of giants is all I did over the weekend. My current long term goal I guess is to put together a poverty Hera team so team cost and poison are important. I didnt realize there was an easy-to-get alternative to Lilith.

As far as activating UmiYama I don't have any trouble as long as the orbs are on the board. I'm used to running Horus on my old account, but UmiYama is more luck based. I've been using Isis, Horus, and Kirin friends as much possible to help me along. My overall stats are a little low I think to progress much farther so I guess collecting some pengdras wouldn't hurt.

BondFancy

Great video, good commentary, and the team wasn't 100% max skilled, max awoken and +297.

On another note, that Freyja Ultimate is some of the nicest art in the game.

Thanks really appreciate that you watched it! I keep telling people you don't need the best everything for a healer build to tackle most of the descends! Hoping to post Thief descended next, beat it this morning but forgot to record lol so waiting till I have the stamina back to do it tonight.

razterik

Farmed Goemon fifteen times until my first invade. When the blue jewel didn't pop up as new in the drop list, I remembered I already farmed a couple from Izanami and wasn't going to bother with getting more yet. Whoops!

Going on an evolution spree today to empty out my box a little. Always sit on a few hundred evo mats.

Kreed

I did ok with 20+ plus eggs, but I really needed a speed run team to beat the Chimeras with. Hopefully they bring the dungeon back soon.

SaintR

36+ in 16 runs, i wish i ran this for the full hour instead of the last 20 odd minutes... so good.
Yea they should have at least had a it twice during the day. Gives us time to run a few times on one slot and prepare space for the next run. Ended up with 26+ eggs but wasted precious time on stamina and space management

Edit Like shinji said so good ....so that's the reason they don't but if I didn't have stones they would have gotten money from me for this dungeon alone

Had some stuff to do earlier so only got to do 4 +egg runs. Got 5 +eggs. Small sample size, but seeing other responses it definitely seems like the best source for +eggs, especially if you're not concerned with stamina costs and are willing to stone heavily for it. I just ran my standard Valk/LTron team. Everything dies in 1 attack and I pop Angelion+Valk on the Chimeras.

Top Bottom