• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Quantum

Couple of questions gents. Now with Athena ult(just need green stone), will we have more people running her. I don't have izanami, but most of her subs are farmable, I'm thinking of running with her more often depending on my friend list.

Second question if any SunQuan owners what are pairing him with or are you using him mostly as a sub. Wish I had a blue valk to take advantage of the blue enhance

I have been using Sun Quan as a sub for my DQXQ team, definitely a good sub with the enhance and delay - doesn't replace enc most of the time though.

I have a blue valk and was considering making a team, but I have so many different things i'm "working" on I doubt I'll get to it.

My matching skills are getting slightly better. Made it to floor 43 on Endless Dungeon using m Kirin team. Choked on Venus, but could have survived if I'd bothered to calculate damage.

I have been using Sun Quan as a sub for my DQXQ team, definitely a good sub with the enhance and delay - doesn't replace enc most of the time though.

I have a blue valk and was considering making a team, but I have so many different things i'm "working" on I doubt I'll get to it.

Would it be possible to do a team of like: DQDX, Sun Quan. Sandalphon, Valkyrie, Echidna?

Two delays, and every color but dark covered. And 4 turns of x2 attack. Would it be any decent?

Hige

Has anyone seen incorrect stats listed in PAD Guide or PADX before? My ultimate Angelion should have 908 ATK at level 95 supposedly, but I only have 764. I kept feeding it from about level 70 when I saw what the max stats were (despite the normal growth curve), so I'm kind of disappointed now.

Edit: Wait, I seem to remember the toy dragons were getting a stat boost on the JP version, so that explains it. Derp.

SaintR

Thanks guys for the responses. Also I keep forgetting Izanagi and Izanami are 2 different cards.
If any gaffer, I don't think I have some you guys who responded, need more Athena friends feel free to send me an invite
Saintr 330 447 209
Just let me know what are your names in PAD cause I haven't accepted some invites for gaf space.

Quantum

My matching skills are getting slightly better. Made it to floor 43 on Endless Dungeon using m Kirin team. Choked on Venus, but could have survived if I'd bothered to calculate damage.

Would it be possible to do a team of like: DQDX, Sun Quan. Sandalphon, Valkyrie, Echidna?

Two delays, and every color but dark covered. And 4 turns of x2 attack. Would it be any decent?

I don't think 4 turns with 2x attack is enough. any decend I've been able to burst through required shynee (and/or some lucky skyfalls)

my regular dqxq team uses dqxq/enc/shynee/valk/sun quan/dqxq - its ok but I still have issues with damage output. looking at you tube videos that have used dqxq, the teams are generally all +297's. that being said I think the only way dqxq teams become viable engame is with a ton of +'s to help base HP. given the way I play I don't think its going to be a viable leader for me.

sucks because I like playing it.

I don't think 4 turns with 2x attack is enough. any decend I've been able to burst through required shynee (and/or some lucky skyfalls)

my regular dqxq team uses dqxq/enc/shynee/valk/sun quan/dqxq - its ok but I still have issues with damage output. looking at you tube videos that have used dqxq, the teams are generally all +297's. that being said I think the only way dqxq teams become viable engame is with a ton of +'s to help base HP. given the way I play I don't think its going to be a viable leader for me.

sucks because I like playing it.

Huh all this time I thought two turns of 2x was better than one turn of 3x, because 2x2 = 4x. Why isn't that the case? Something obvious I'm missing?

Meh, was a fun team idea I had in my head. Love delays and Sun Quan. Not shocked it ends up not being as viable.

Jagernaut

Huh all this time I thought two turns of 2x was better than one turn of 3x, because 2x2 = 4x. Why isn't that the case? Something obvious I'm missing?

Meh, was a fun team idea I had in my head. Love delays and Sun Quan. Not shocked it ends up not being as viable.

Depends on your team. If you only have 1 Valkyrie you can't use it 2 times in a row, you have to use whatever orbs you have left on screen for the 2nd burst. With a 1 turn 3x burst you can use all your actives at once.

Quantum

48 x versus 32 x when set up correctly is a better spike.

also, your team would have 2 separate 2x two turn chances. with mine you would have one 3x and still have the 2 turn 2x.

that being said, my set up kinda stinks and changes often.

Thanks guys for the responses. Also I keep forgetting Izanagi and Izanami are 2 different cards.
If any gaffer, I don't think I have some you guys who responded, need more Athena friends feel free to send me an invite
Saintr 330 447 209
Just let me know what are your names in PAD cause I haven't accepted some invites for gaf space.

Sent you an invite user name UpYours@/r

god1.jpg

Just to troll people, they added three PADZ monsters into the fest. The new Godfest-exclusive guy is Apocalypse, who I don't know if he's from PADZ or not.

They're also adding a Baskin Robbins Tama to the 31 Collab Dungeon, who has Fuu's active and Baby Tama's awakening ability and really goddamn loves him some ice cream.
1475.jpg

razterik

Another Fuu skill up we will never see. FUUUU.

Still damn cute. Oh man, that spoon tail. Guess Tamadra variations for other collabs will show eventually.

Also, another Godfest exclusive? Jeez, getting a little crowded there. That image is going to be 10 rows soon.

Physical/healer female Thor possibly incoming? I'm fucking dying here with this art.

thetechkid

Thinking of playing the Japanese version as well, I'm assuming this godfest would be a good time to go on a reroll-fest with the first roll.

Another Fuu skill up we will never see. FUUUU.

Still damn cute. Oh man, that spoon tail. Guess Tamadra variations for other collabs will show eventually.

Also, another Godfest exclusive? Jeez, getting a little crowded there. That image is going to be 10 rows soon.

Physical/healer female Thor possibly incoming? I'm fucking dying here with this art.
Stupid sexy Thor

Should be? It's in the news if you scroll down.
Is there nothing that has 5x when you go to techincals? just have to hope they flipped the switch? nothing says 5x is on besides padguide.

i meant normally technical dungeons have 1.5x and show it on the dungeon names. this 5x has nothing like that...is that normal? because i want to rin that exclusively for 9 days if so.

linsivvi

Is there nothing that has 5x when you go to techincals? just have to hope they flipped the switch? nothing says 5x is on besides padguide.

i meant normally technical dungeons have 1.5x and show it on the dungeon names. this 5x has nothing like that...is that normal? because i want to rin that exclusively for 9 days if so.

Gungho mentioned before that 5x doesn't have that switch on the buttons.

razterik

Yeah, normal. There's no real visual guide that it's turned on. It will probably even disappear from the news post after the first day. It's weird like that, but should still be on.

Also, I would advise you not to run the tech dungeons for plus eggs outside Monday bonus. The rates are still pretty bad, and you'd probably be better off farming whatever normal dungeon tier 5/6 that is on 1.5x or KoG on weekends.

Jagernaut

Dark Knight Sword has S rank now, what teams are you guys using?

Edit. 2.7 rarity guarantees the S rank so I used Ronia lead and friend and 1 star subs. Easy.

The twinlit dungeon is really killing me. I'm using Horus bastet and I either don't kill any of the mythlits on the first turn or I accidentally kill all of them. I may need to rethink my team here. What's annoying is that it feels like most of the recommended end teams involve leaders who have already been evolved with twinlits...

Quantum

The twinlit dungeon is really killing me. I'm sing Horus bastet and I either don't kill any of the dublits on the first turn or I accidentally kill all of them. I may need to rethink my team here. What's annoying is that most of the recommended end teams seem to involve leaders who have already been evolved with twinlits...

Agreed. Two more failed attempts at the twinlits for me. My team (lmeta) should be one of the easier to get through, but between od first round and shitty orbs I've gotten screwed four weeks in a row.

Definately back to non-iap until I get ultimates on a few of the mobs I've dropped a ton of coin on already.

I understand how people can think this is a well designed dungeon if you can have the correct REM drops to run it, but this really sucks because I don't want to make a zues team just for this dungeon.

Oh well, at least I'm currently grinding the sphere grid on ffx hd and I feel like I'm making progress there...

shinjijai

The twinlit dungeon is really killing me. I'm using Horus bastet and I either don't kill any of the mythlits on the first turn or I accidentally kill all of them. I may need to rethink my team here. What's annoying is that it feels like most of the recommended end teams involve leaders who have already been evolved with twinlits...

you can use an un-evolved zues if you have one. it works almost as well as l/l zues.

Quantum

My phone ate my last post. It was all angry.

Four weeks of failed twinlits has really tested my patience with this game (Lmeta team)

Should be a slam dunk, but orb troll , od skyfall have screwed me every time.

Definately waiting for a few ult evos to be finished before spending another dime in this.

Had some left over stamina so I tried out legendary Seaway for the first time. Went way better than expected, didn't even have to use the Byakko active and Batman wasn't available yet. Pretty fun dungeon, no heal orbs helps a lot I guess.

Also no idea what I'm looking at in those padw pics.

Really? Seems tricky, gonna run it in an hour or so. But it's so short! Where do you stall for skills???
3 turns on Gigas, 4 turns on Siegfried if you take the maximum turns on each. Cu Chu was the scariest since he'll actually hit you unless you can break his armor and it took me 3 turns to whittle down his health point by point. So with some combination of 5 skill boosts and/or Echidna skillups, delay is up by the time you face Athena. Unless you're using long cooldown skills, they should be available before Menace fades.

Epic Drop

Took out my first Mythic dungeon (Athena) today. I used my B. Sonia team, and it was really easy.

B. Sonia / B. Odin / Ult Amon / Bubblie / Bubblie / B. Sonia

Bubblie + B. Sonia took out siegfried, and at ~50% a second Bubble + B. Sonia took out Athena.

B. Sonia is so much easier to use than my B/G Karin team, it almost feels like cheating.

Jagernaut

The Sonias are awesome, especially when you have an elemental advantage. I took out Goemon mythical with a wish I had Bonia team : ultimate Amon/BOdin/physical Karin/Siegfried/King Bubblie/Bonia.

Quantum

I don't believe in a fair RNG/REM and constantly get screwed,

but I swear - if I complain on gaf I get the drops I want lol.

zero stoned twinlits - textbook clear with Lmeta team.

now I have to see about a Uevo lmeta/sun quan/dqxq/(blue valk or valk)/shynee team.

very interesting.

now I have to see about a Uevo lmeta/sun quan/dqxq/(blue valk or valk)/shynee team.

very interesting.

PAD uses a patented Desire Sensor.

very interesting.

Congrats. I didn't manage to complete it. I made it passed the dublits in one stone but then got bound too much by the tamadra and quit. I'll try again next week I guess.

colinp

Banned
3 turns on Gigas, 4 turns on Siegfried if you take the maximum turns on each. Cu Chu was the scariest since he'll actually hit you unless you can break his armor and it took me 3 turns to whittle down his health point by point. So with some combination of 5 skill boosts and/or Echidna skillups, delay is up by the time you face Athena. Unless you're using long cooldown skills, they should be available before Menace fades.

Did it, thanks! Ended up stoning for better or worse, probably could have done it without but wasn't in the mood, hah.

Also pretty cool to see both metals running at once now.

Quantum

Finally was able to catch myself on camera running Satan Descended 0-stone with L-Meta and finally was able to do the commentary. I'm telling you PADgaf reflector is some mighty awesome iPhone recording software!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdYmFQVw4Fc&list=UU7Efr54Vqn_NF8ODrJfOKwg

Also, whats everyone's prediction for the next GodFest, because my finger is itching for some rolling?

good videos. watched heracles yesterday and believe I have the honor of being view number 2 on satan ^^.

as for the next godfest - personally I'm just currently interested in the special god only mobs, although I didn't go out again this Friday and have a bit of cash thats itching to be used for video games.

and lastly - I just used your Lmeta for my second successful attempt at twinlits with my hybrid team, although this time was messy.

Top Bottom