• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

linsivvi

I failed Wadatsumi Legend with a Horus team. I was hit by jammers on the 3rd stage so I couldn't activate 16x and then fire bound. I came back with a Haku team, zero stoned it and got the drop.

Devil Haku
Echidna
BOdin
Drawn Joker
D/W Vampire
Devil Haku

Did it with the same team on both difficulties but replaced Odin with King Baddie. Was in a tight spot a couple times but it worked in the end.

Played some of PADW, and while I still don't understand the overarching goal the basic gameplay aspects are more clear.
- stones and friends are shared between games. That's it
- no REM; you either spend 5,000 Tama medals (the equivalent of PAL points) for a bad roll or 50,000 for a rare+
- every board has some fixed goal, like "2+ combo" or "clear 4 dark orbs simultaneously". Your combo doesn't deal damage unless the goal is met
- there are special orbs that can skyfall that have various effects like orb changing, erasing all orbs of a certain color, etc. these are activated by tapping the orb
- your equipment can affect the type and probability of special orbs appearing, I think
- no fusion of any kind; dupes are automatically fed to each other to level them up
- owing to the larger board the goals so far have been pretty simple, but I can see them ramping up in difficulty over time.
- check out my wig
WYTn2xf.jpg

Edit: okay I just came across TAMA VEGAS and I think the gameplay hook is a lot more apparent now. Instead of a lifebar you have a timer that represents the total amount of time you have before you die. This can be filled with RCV orbs or by clearing waves. In TAMA VEGAS you just have the goal of clearing X number of color orbs before time runs out. There's also a combo meter which can be leveled up by clearing orbs. The higher the level, the better the rewards, but your timer drains faster. So the tension comes from trying to level up as high as possible without clearing the stage and without running out of time.

Trying to minmax TAMAVEGAS is fun but who knows how I'll feel about it months down the road. You only have 7 stamina and there doesn't appear to be a way to increase the quantity so its usefulness as a side attraction may be limited. I think it's 15 minutes / heart too which is a long time, but the most expensive thing thus far has been TAMAVEGAS at 4 hearts on Expert.

SaintR

Forbidden Tower, stage 4, Door of Light and Shadow. 64 eggs so far after 120 runs.

Last stage of Talos is recommended if you aren't dropping stones or are below rank 300.
Tbh at x5 rate I feel like the drop rate doesn't reflect it at times. I mean it should be +egg every other run at the minimum. I've ran a different set of tech dungeons to test and I feel like I could get this kind of drop rate on a regular 1.5x Monday. Or it could be just an off +egg day for me lol

I think Gungho turned off 5x rates for me.

0 +eggs in the last 4 runs of Talos 5 (64 wasted stamina for a dungeon that's supposedly ~24 stamina per +egg during 5x and 1.5x)

If I hadn't started with 7 +eggs in my first 8 runs, my overall rates would be abysmal.

SaintR

I think Gungho turned off 5x rates for me.

0 +eggs in the last 4 runs of Talos 5 (64 wasted stamina for a dungeon that's supposedly ~24 stamina per +egg during 5x and 1.5x)

If I hadn't started with 7 +eggs in my first 8 runs, my overall rates would be abysmal.
It's not just you. I just feel these are the same rates as a normal Monday.

Hige

I think you guys don't have a large enough sample size. An increased % chance doesn't guarantee you anything, so you might get lucky or you might not get anything. Swings and roundabouts.

PADW is actually a sneaky ass way to fill up your friends list. Rank and leader aren't displayed in PADW and there is no sorting, so you may go back to the regular game to find some random rank 400+ whale has friende you cause you happened to have some cool equips.

Hige

I've been using a rubber-tipped stylus that I bought like two years ago for PAD, but I noticed it sometimes doesn't slide smoothly and messes up my combos. So I decided to order a microfiber stylus and holy crap it's like night and day. It's so smooth and the diagonals are more consistent. Join the microfiber master race if you haven't already.

razterik

Final 5x tech Monday tally:

170 plus eggs (and I finally overcame my HP egg deficiency)
310 runs of Forbidden Tower stage 4

Dark Tron now +297. Next plus egg target is undecided.

colinp

Banned
I've been using a rubber-tipped stylus that I bought like two years ago for PAD, but I noticed it sometimes doesn't slide smoothly and messes up my combos. So I decided to order a microfiber stylus and holy crap it's like night and day. It's so smooth and the diagonals are more consistent. Join the microfiber master race if you haven't already.

Yes! It's the best!!

Anyone have a Bastet they can put up for me?

razterik

What team were you running for this with no Leader Skill?

DA Lucifer, Rodin x4, Ronia. All max skill. Challenge mode since leaders don't matter. A quick match clears first floor, Rodin skills clear next four, pop Ronia to prepare board and hit Lucifer to down Genie, then make a couple rows to finish Thanatos. Takes a little over a minute. This is actually slower than some other teams because I have to match orbs on the last floor. Four Rodins with Meteor Volcano dragon+Ronia combo or five Rodins with max skill Goemon are better options. Best team will eventually be five Rodins and max skill Noah with 11 ATK eggs for Thanatos one shot.

linsivvi

DA Lucifer, Rodin x4, Ronia. All max skill. Challenge mode since leaders don't matter. A quick match clears first floor, Rodin skills clear next four, pop Ronia to prepare board and hit Lucifer to down Genie, then make a couple rows to finish Thanatos. Takes a little over a minute. This is actually slower than some other teams because I have to match orbs on the last floor. Four Rodins with Meteor Volcano dragon+Ronia combo or five Rodins with max skill Goemon are better options. Best team will eventually be five Rodins and max skill Noah with 11 ATK eggs for Thanatos one shot.

So challenge mode is the key. Gotta keep that in mind for the future.

Any tips on S ranking the Fire Knight dungeon? I must have wasted 150 stamina yesterday.

I tried a Kirin/Ra team, but orb trolling occurred immediately (potential team)
Then I tried a Metatron/DQXQ team (almost worked, but the hp limit boned me for the king shynee burst, if I had had a valk at least the dungeon would have been complete)

finally just trying to beat the dungeon I tried a whale Ronia/Hera-Ur team (not going for S ranking), but here the rider decided it wanted to grind my bones to make it's bread... just not enough damage unless I get lucky AND have already stalled (which is hard for this team)

Any tips are welcome. any leader team will be considered.

razterik

So challenge mode is the key. Gotta keep that in mind for the future.

Unless you super whale and roll/max skill four or five Rodins, it's definitely best to do challenge mode. I favorite the five or six leaders I need and quick sort them to the top.

Finally got around to trying PADW. I have no idea what I'm doing, but the frequent "tama, tama~" is adorable. The occasional free stone is nice, too.

J0dy77

Your team is well out of my reach, I have to remember what team I used to clear it the first time around. I was focusing on the new descended and a bit busy yesterday.

On a side note: I finally got around to evolving my D/D Batman, keeping him unevolved just for low level teams was a waste. The extra one turn delay and row enhance will go a really long way on my Haku team.

Any tips on S ranking the Fire Knight dungeon? I must have wasted 150 stamina yesterday.

I tried a Kirin/Ra team, but orb trolling occurred immediately (potential team)
Then I tried a Metatron/DQXQ team (almost worked, but the hp limit boned me for the king shynee burst, if I had had a valk at least the dungeon would have been complete)

finally just trying to beat the dungeon I tried a whale Ronia/Hera-Ur team (not going for S ranking), but here the rider decided it wanted to grind my bones to make it's bread... just not enough damage unless I get lucky AND have already stalled (which is hard for this team)

Any tips are welcome. any leader team will be considered.

I tried with Horus/Kirin and was able to pull it off despite getting mega orb trolled at the end. I think I ended up at like 13 turns or something and still managed the S-rank due to high combos.

linsivvi

Your team is well out of my reach, I have to remember what team I used to clear it the first time around. I was focusing on the new descended and a bit busy yesterday.

On a side note: I finally got around to evolving my D/D Batman, keeping him unevolved just for low level teams was a waste. The extra one turn delay and row enhance will go a really long way on my Haku team.

It's challenge mode. All you need is to add the right friends.

SaintR

Thanks guys on the challenge mode tip, completely forgot about it now that i went thru almost all the dungeons.
Definitely doing that next 5x event for techs.
And I agree it's just a matter of luck but you see 5x and you expect instant gratification.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Anyone has some suggestions on s ranking the devil-less nest?

Tried F/L Horus+1 star mob team, and ROnia + baddie+ 3 mask team, both fell short, like 230k.

Ducarmel

Noob question: why use 2 Ronias and 4 other "weak guys" for S Rank?

The way score is calculated the lower the rarity of your team the higher the score you can get.

It's a common tactic for s-rank score to bring extremely powerful leaders and fill it with 1 star rarity subs.

hermit7

The average rarity increases if you only have a couple 6 or 7 star monsters you get like 220000. If your average rarity was like 6 you would only get 50000.

With combos it is easy.

18 rolls at the pem got an angelit and a Tamadra. I wish we had an event where those were being given away. I could use 15 or so.

Jagernaut

To get a high enough score to get the S rank which gives you a free Tamadra. If you use high rarity (*) monsters you will have to make an average of 10 or more combos per turn which is very difficult. If you use 4 1-star monsters as subs you bring down the average combo needed to a reasonable 5.5 per turn. The score needed for S rank varies for each dungeon, it was 250,000 for this one.

J0dy77

Don't need anything from this Godfest, going to throw one more roll at the batman REM. If I can somehow avoid another Robin/Catwoman and grab D/W Batman my Haku team would be godly.

colinp

Banned
Don't need anything from this Godfest, going to throw one more roll at the batman REM. If I can somehow avoid another Robin/Catwoman and grab D/W Batman my Haku team would be godly.

Thinking of doing the same, though a Godfest roll wouldn't be a terrible choice either. Decisions decisions...

Hige

I just want an Apollo for my Kirin team, but I don't really want any of the Roman gods.

Also, that feel when you get 0 skill ups after feeding ~30 skill up mobs of various types. Feels bad, man.

Somehow I forgot a blue keeper yesterday for my Metatron Ultimate Evolve...

what is the rate on Blue Mystic dragon? Kirin Challenge team with awesome subs or Ronia Challenge team with awesome subs?

Jonsoncao

Banned
Somehow I forgot a blue keeper yesterday for my Metatron Ultimate Evolve...

what is the rate on Blue Mystic dragon? Kirin Challenge team with awesome subs or Ronia Challenge team with awesome subs?
You mean stone dragon? In my impression the keeper is a guaranteed drop when 1.5x.

razterik

You mean stone dragon? In my impression the keeper is a guaranteed drop when 1.5x.

It's not. Probably about 80% though. Non 1.5x is 40-50%.

Haven't finished these in challenge mode yet, but don't think I would suggest Ronia against the blue one that binds fire.

J0dy77

Thinking of doing the same, though a Godfest roll wouldn't be a terrible choice either. Decisions decisions...

Well 560+ days an zero Godfest gods makes my choice on this one easy, lol. Figure my odds are better on any of the batmen. My last 6 rolls in the batman machine have been robin and catwoman, I'm due for some luck. Just need to farm a stone.

It's not. Probably about 80% though. Non 1.5x is 40-50%.

Haven't finished these in challenge mode yet, but don't think I would suggest Ronia against the blue one that binds fire.

40-50%, but then I might not have to wait until next tuesday.... Thanks forgot about the bind, Kirin it is then...

shinjijai

Well 560+ days an zero Godfest gods makes my choice on this one easy, lol. Figure my odds are better on any of the batmen. My last 6 rolls in the batman machine have been robin and catwoman, I'm due for some luck. Just need to farm a stone.

do you do iap? that's crazy to not have a godfest only god in that amount of time.

chrono01

That feeling when you have all of the available subs for a Blue Sonia team [Fully-Awoken Blue Odin x2, Amon, and King Bubblie] but no Blue Sonia. ~_~

I'm tempted to try a few rolls in the Godfest just to see if I can be lucky enough. I know it's probably not a good idea, though.

razterik

It's quite possible to run Blue Sonia friends with Blodin, Amon, or Siegfried. Really need Hermes/Seiryuu for more orb changes, though.

This Godfest is the pits. Not rolling.

Top Bottom