• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

FZZ

Banned
Lol. I was finally able to zero stone Heroes with my makeshift Misato Attacker team. Also got the last of the heartbreaker series with the Highlander drop.

Had enough eggs to do 1 pull for GF, and with the number of eggs they have been giving out I decided what the heck. My run of less-than-stellar luck continued as I saw a silver egg come out. At least it was something I didn't have - a Melon Dragon...

Ducarmel

Nice video, I wish twinlit was that easy for me.

I have Zeus team for twinlit but I have only been able to zero stone it once.

My Horus/Haku team is too unstable, and I'm missing 1 solid sub for Sun Wukong / Pandora twinlit team.

Not sure what possessed me to uvo Gryps Rider, but I did. Trying to lab out a dark attacker team with Hanzo as leader but there is just no synergy with the team. I got Hanzo/Yomi/DD Batman/Finn/???? so far but don't really have any worthwhile attackers for that last slot.

Also, I've been keeping Batman unevolved for low cost dungeons thus far but can't really think of a reason why I need him since I just run TAMAPURIN these days. Evolve him for stat bonuses or no?

Quantum

it was a good night. opted for the jameson (obviously) - didn't buy stones, still tempted but know it really wont help me or my game.

I really would like a jameson dragon - and I'm not far off right? there exists a whole serious of whiskey dragons

might just buy watchdogs instead.

TGIF everyone! To celebrate this lovely day I did a commentary for Twinlits for all of my Healer Team bretheren! Also, happy GodFestmas if thou partaketh in this holiday :p!

http://youtu.be/4xrePyTvgdw

number 15 this time. at least this week I have my light meta Uevo'd

good video again, always fun seeing your lead on u-tube as I use it for my twinlit runs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No luck getting my account back, so I'm just going to screw around non-IAP. Used my 5 stones I've saved up during this godfest and got a Ronia (lol). Need people so I can make progress and farm again.

shinjijai

No luck getting my account back, so I'm just going to screw around non-IAP. Used my 5 stones I've saved up during this godfest and got a Ronia (lol). Need people so I can make progress and farm again.

sad to hear that you couldn't recover your account. i just added you. normally have ronia or shiva up in slot 2, but bastet up all the time in slot 1.

Quantum

I'm sorry to hear that as well, but I would say that you should keep trying. I have posted my hassle with Gungho trying to get mine back and by continually bugging them I was eventually able to get mine back

I was told a number of times in the e-mails that they were unable to obtain my account and it did happen - so while this is not good news I would continue to bother then - especially if you have spend money.

I ended up sending over 20 e-mails to the company - daily, in response to their static e-mails. (notice they always say almost the exact same thing?)

I'm pretty sure you would get more value out of throwing stones at the gold dragon than if you used that money to buy Watch Dogs

I don't disagree, and will probably wait till watchdogs is 20 bucks before picking it up (I hate uplay) - my last 120 bucks I've thrown at the gold dragons has gotten me nothing. my last 20 pulls yielded 1 gold egg.

while I want to pull I can't justify it (even though my first two sets of rolls were absolutely fantastic)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm sorry to hear that as well, but I would say that you should keep trying. I have posted my hassle with Gungho trying to get mine back and by continually bugging them I was eventually able to get mine back

I was told a number of times in the e-mails that they were unable to obtain my account and it did happen - so while this is not good news I would continue to bother then - especially if you have spend money.

I ended up sending over 20 e-mails to the company - daily, in response to their static e-mails. (notice they always say almost the exact same thing?)

Yeah, the emails are literally identical, despite my responses inquiring about different aspects to the issue. I may keep bitching...

razterik

Not sure what possessed me to uvo Gryps Rider, but I did. Trying to lab out a dark attacker team with Hanzo as leader but there is just no synergy with the team. I got Hanzo/Yomi/DD Batman/Finn/???? so far but don't really have any worthwhile attackers for that last slot.

Also, I've been keeping Batman unevolved for low cost dungeons thus far but can't really think of a reason why I need him since I just run TAMAPURIN these days. Evolve him for stat bonuses or no?

I don't use any riders without ultimate anymore. The extra awakenings are too useful. For the last slot, only things I can think of are Cerberus, Twinlit evo Lilith, or a King Flammie.

Not sure about evolving Batman. I'm still sitting on my max skilled low cost one because I don't need him in any of my teams. But I also haven't touched him since I have Flame Chaser, Asuka, and Wangren available now. Maybe if a light-focused low cost dungeon came out, but they tend to mess with preexisting teams anyway.

J0dy77

I rolled Bastet on my first rare egg machine but i dont understand why she is S tier. Make a 4 combo is not always easy

Your still new, stick with it. For people that have been playing for hundreds of days 4 combos is on the low side. When you practice enough not getting at least 5 combos is a mistake/disapointment.

J0dy77

Yeah, the emails are literally identical, despite my responses inquiring about different aspects to the issue. I may keep bitching...

How is that even possible that you can't get your account back after the amount of money you spent? You should have a gold level call in line directly to the recovery team. BS.

Def keeping fighting.

I rolled Bastet on my first rare egg machine but i dont understand why she is S tier. Make a 4 combo is not always easy
It becomes easier with practice. Learn to recognize the patterns in this graphic:

y9IvO.png

You'll be hitting 5+ combos in no time!

Jagernaut

Did you ultimate evolve her to Wood/Light? If you did her attack increases to:

4 combo - 2.5x attack
5 combo - 3x attack
6 combo - 3.5x attack
7 combo - 4x attack

What makes her good is that you can use any subs and that everything counts as a combo, even matching jammers. You can almost always make the combos if you have the skill. Keep practicing.

Edit. You should practice with Bastet in the Weekend Dungeon. There are no dark or light orbs so making big combos is much easier.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How is that even possible that you can't get your account back after the amount of money you spent? You should have a gold level call in line directly to the recovery team. BS.

Def keeping fighting.

I'm not thrilled by their responses. I sent an email asking for more specifics on why they can't restore my account. I was nice at first, but I'm getting more and more upset as my string of emails goes on. We shall see...

am_dragon

I didn't pull REM this time because I'm trying to level subs, and level to 150 stamina. I feel like the stones are better spent on stamina refresh. As a testament to this I pulled 2x on my alt account (non-iap).

Berserk
Berry Dragon

Quantum

I'm not thrilled by their responses. I sent an email asking for more specifics on why they can't restore my account. I was nice at first, but I'm getting more and more upset as my string of emails goes on. We shall see...

the responses are pretty much emotionless. don't personally get upset - its only gonna make you angry and they couldn't give a shit (trust me I was there) - just send an e-mail before you go to work int he morning (the e-mails always arrived at like 3am EST for me)

but definitely keep at it.

might as well submit a new request as well.

my theory is kinda like the old sprint operators - you had to keep calling in to find a knowledgeable one to help you with discounts - eventually you always found someone just "hang up" and try again.

edit:

I remember you had stated they got to the step where they asked for your current ID and to change your name - then attemptto push the data to your device.

if you got to that point it sounds like they have your account but you might need to push it to a different device then transfer it - although thats just a guess on my part.

Took me eight months, but I finally rolled a second S-class monster in Monstrike. Ignore that I only log in every 2-3 months to collect apology stones and roll in super fests in that game.

BondFancy

Nice video, I wish twinlit was that easy for me.

I have Zeus team for twinlit but I have only been able to zero stone it once.

My Horus/Haku team is too unstable, and I'm missing 1 solid sub for Sun Wukong / Pandora twinlit team.

Yeah Twinlits is notorious for being strict as hell in respect to team composition. Even having an optimal team I will have streaks of winning 3 times in a row then losing 5 times in a row, too many variables that affect success. Most issues come from failing on the first floor and not enough combos to "one-shot" the Angelit and Devilit.

number 15 this time. at least this week I have my light meta Uevo'd

good video again, always fun seeing your lead on u-tube as I use it for my twinlit runs.

And thanks Quantum! It's tough finding videos for the Descendeds especially for L-Meta, so figured I'd have some fun with it. Glad my L-Meta is actually getting use! It would have more pluses by now if I stopped working on my Red Sonia team...but, I so badly need a Trifruit farming team as well...so much to do in this game, and not enough stamina to do it...

razterik

FINALLY. Took 49 feeds. Thankfully my Deathstroke appearance rate was pretty good, including a five for five run in the last hour that netted me two skill ups to finish.

For comparison, other skill ups over the course of running the collab include 9 levels on Kagutsuchi, 1 level on Lilith (WTF), 3 levels each on Grundy/Bane, and max levels on second Ra, second Hermes, and first Bane.

I think my second Blodin can wait till Blue Odin Tamadra shows up somewhere. I'm sick of this dungeon.

Rodin, you're next!

NineH

I was feeling lucky so I bought an 85 stone pack and rolled 10 times. I got 5 silver eggs, 4 gold eggs and 1 star egg. I should have just saved my money since I got my 8th Grodin, 6th Hades, 2nd Green Guan Yu and my only new monster was Apollo. The stupid REM has sunk its hooks in me so I gotta resist it next time.

am_dragon

I sucked at combos, something wasn't clicking for me. Then I rolled Kirin and after going though dungeon after dungeon yellow, red, green, blue... I realized I was hitting 4 combos every time I had enough orbs to match 4 colors, and often I'd have a heal, and dark match in there too.

Think about making 2 green matches, and 2 yellow matches not about making a 10 combo. The diagram above is key to getting better also, don't just learn how to recognize those patterns, learn how to make them. Clearing them is one small movement, setup and clearing them can be 2 small movements. Making them also allows you to clear orbs on the edge you can't get at using the movement shown.

Like anything else it's just a matter of practicing, practice on metal dragons. Practice on Endless Corridors when out of stamina. I'm still not the best at combos but I can hit 5 pretty much at will. Getting up to 8 for Anubis and Robin is the next step.

Quantum

Glad my L-Meta is actually getting use! It would have more pluses by now if I stopped working on my Red Sonia team...but, I so badly need a Trifruit farming team as well...so much to do in this game, and not enough stamina to do it...

I've been using my pluses terribly. Some here, some there - I put a bunch on my dqxq, even a bunch on my original siren (45 I think - a total waste). all said and done I have a few hundred badly spent across a number of mobs.

I just still after 500 days have no idea what team I'm trying to get together and use at the end - the Lmeta/valk teams are great for farming exp and have started using them.

I am fortunate enough to have a bunch of great leaders but like playing a number of different ways and never settle with a single team.

today I was messing with a Lmeta/Sun quan/valk/dqxq/enc/valk which seems to work fantastically for two boss (mid/end) dungeons just a little weak with the final spike (3.5 x 3 x 2)

Li Kao

I'm tempted to play the game again, but I have a little question first. I see there is now an European version of the game. Is it on par content wise with the US one ? Are the updates done at the same time to the two versions ?

Tobe

Wooooo 300 days playing pad. Guess I'll spend sones on super metals need to level up my teams fast. Ronia is super stronk but everything is underleved.

Ducarmel

I'm tempted to play the game again, but I have a little question first. I see there is now an European version of the game. Is it on par content wise with the US one ? Are the updates done at the same time to the two versions ?
It's the same as the NA servers, when it first came out I believed they had an updated REM with the blue and dark valk before the NA version got them, but since I'm pretty sure its the same content the only difference is that the godfest may be different from the NA server godfest except when they introduce new gods then the godfest are the same or slightly different.

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23

Mattiator

I got a red sonia out of the godfest and I read that hera is a must for her. Does anyone have any strategies for how to beat the hera dungeon at a lower level, I'm still pretty low rank 55.
My team is all over the place but I could post all if need be.

Last Time batmen came around. I got DD batman(stupidly evolved him) and a catwoman. This time I wanted to get another DD batman for low cost teams and pulled three times. Robin, Robin, Catwoman. Fuck.

Ducarmel

I got a red sonia out of the godfest and I read that hera is a must for her. Does anyone have any strategies for how to beat the hera dungeon at a lower level, I'm still pretty low rank 55.
My team is all over the place but I could post all if need be.

Hera is just a filler, unless she is max skilled and you need gravity there are better subs that fit Ronia's style of play.

Classic guide to beating Hera with Resist/GOdin team
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8266

Still post your box you probably have an easier way to do it.

padforum Ronia guide if you have not read it
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=40406

But your immediate problem is you probably wont be able to use Ronia until you rank up to increase you team cost to around 150-180. You eventially going to want to make it to level 134+ to run the typical Ronia team.

Mattiator

Hera is just a filler, unless she is max skilled and you need gravity there are better subs that fit Ronia's style of play.

Classic guide to beating Hera with Resist/GOdin team
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8266

Still post your box you probably have an easier way to do it.

padforum Ronia guide if you have not read it
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=40406

But your immediate problem is you probably wont be able to use Ronia until you rank up to increase you team cost to around 150-180. You eventially going to want to make it to level 134+ to run the typical Ronia team.

Thanks Ducarmel your the best I will do some reading for sure :) :) :).
Here's my box I don't think I am ready but your the pro :). Those are just my mains. I have a bunch of others. I hoard.

Screenshot_2014-08-02-14-32-18.png

thanks once again :).

Ducarmel

You can build something other Resist/Godin but your too low ranked and the monsters are under leveled for me to even consider it. For Resist/Godin team you need to evolve your devil dragon, and siren needs to be max skilled and awoken.

I say skip Hera, in fact don't even think about descends yet until you at least ranked up to around 90-100 and leveled up and evolved some of your cards.

Its easy to grind up to level 80-90 during weekend bonus, if you got a couple of hours to kill today and tomorrow you can grind for exp at Tower of Giants / Dragons of the Tower.

Then over the week just try to do a much of the normal dungeons you can specifically the ones that have the bonus drop rate to level up your monsters.

this guide explains it better then I can
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8279

Its all boring power gaming stuff, its not required at all, in the end just do what you feel is fun. But if you want to progress fast and efficiently and do Hera next time this is the work you will have to put in.

Hige

This game makes you want things you didn't give a second glance before. I pulled a third Ronia this last godfest and I suddenly want Red Guan Yu really bad now lol.

J0dy77

Since no one runs Goemon on the weekend anymore I finally got around to perfecting a secondary team. Running Haku with dual gravity, echidna and viper. Working like a charm, enjoying the team. Really sad no d/w batman.

Good news: I got five skillups in one feed
Bad news: It was on a second Gold Pirate cause I needed to clear space for Black Fairies and my first Gold Pirate already was max skilled

Top Bottom