• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

chrono01

Japan only?
Nope, North America is getting it as well it seems!

I only have 8 Magic Stones [since I'm new to the game, I just started this month and have been using them to increase the size of my Monster Box to an adequate amount, just so I don't have to sell everything I come across. I'm seriously considering spending some money on the IAP for this event as well as Godfest, but no more than $20 or so.

I feel dirty. ~_~

J0dy77

*The Dark Knight Descends*
[Duration] 10/30, 12:00 AM - 11/12, 11:59 PM (PDT)

A thrilling new collab event is on its way. We are proud to announce a two-week event featuring characters from Batman: Arkham Origins. The collaboration will feature a new Dungeon where players have a chance to capture the infamous Joker. Players will also be able to use the Batman-themed Egg Machine for a chance to pull Robin, Catwoman, or three unique versions of the Caped Crusader himself!

Looks like that answers our questions about how to get the mobs. Joker is going to be the farmed character boss drop and the 4 heroes from the egg machine? If I could get away with a batman on the first roll i'd be very happy.

Ducarmel

Nope, North America is getting it as well it seems!

I only have 8 Magic Stones [since I'm new to the game, I just started this month and have been using them to increase the size of my Monster Box to an adequate amount, just so I don't have to sell everything I come across. I'm seriously considering spending some money on the IAP for this event as well as Godfest, but no more than $20 or so.

I feel dirty. ~_~

Getting the batman mobs seem worth the money, but REM pulls might as well prepare yourself physically and mentally for disappointment.

chrono01

Getting the batman mobs seem worth the money, but REM pulls might as well prepare physically and mentally for disappointment.
Trust me, I'm prepared for disappointment [I have horrible luck]. :(

I'd feel better if I at least gave it multiple shots, though, rather than do it once and no more [due to lack of stones]. :(

BTW, for this Godfest is there any monster I should go after? I was hoping for an event that included Horus/Archangel Lucifer, but I guess I'm out of luck there. I might just toss all of my Magic Stones at the Batman event...

lenni

Man, I seriously don't know where to spend my stones. I'm in need of a burst leader, so I was happy that the next God fest is Japanese 2.0, but the chance of a Robin seems great, too. Don't know what to do @_@

Ashodin

1393456_719937281368200_867533396_n.jpg

damn. one and done.

PAD : Come for the Rolls, Stay for the Trolls

Wait, you can only roll once on the Batman machine?

chrono01

Man, I seriously don't know where to spend my stones. I'm in need of a burst leader, so I was happy that the next God fest is Japanese 2.0, but the chance of a Robin seems great, too. Don't know what to do @_@
You can do what I'm going to do and...

iUPGExYczTfDn.gif

Wait, you can only roll once on the Batman machine?
I believe they mean that they're only going to roll once and not get addicted to multiple rolls.

I wish I were as strong as that.

lenni

You can do what I'm going to do and...

iUPGExYczTfDn.gif

I still have a 5€ code for Google Play, so there's that. But I think I'll just roll Batman, as I couldn't stand the gungtroll if I got 3 stars from the normal REM. God fest will come again, chance for a Robin is (most likely) only during those 2 weeks.

chrono01

I still have a 5€ code for Google Play, so there's that. But I think I'll just roll Batman, as I couldn't stand the gungtroll if I got 3 stars from the normal REM. God fest will come again, chance for a Robin is (most likely) only during those 2 weeks.
Yeah, if I had to choose between the two I would definitely go for the Batman collaboration before anything else. These will only be available here, and probably for a single-timed event.

What I plan on doing is getting 30 Magic Stones [to add to my current total] and use them at the Batman Gatcha. If, for some miraculous reason, I manage to get the ones I want, I'll use the remainder at the Egg Machine for Godfest.

So you can only pull the Batman characters from the Batman Gatcha? Well, at least that eliminates the possibility of getting normal/useless monsters. :)

will they ever gimme again the healer girl rem?
i have just my genbu...
want kirin.. suzaku.. byakko... everything!
Those are the Chinese gods, not the healer girls (who are almost universally terrible)

The Japanese 2.0 gods are good leaders to build new teams around but aren't particularly good as subs (save maybe Ookunishi), so if you're already set as far as archetypes go might want to roll Batdragon instead.

ccbfan

Geez other than Cat woman all the Batman gods are better than any leaders I have.

Easily rolling this instead. Japanese Gods was what I was saving my stones for but these are really freakin good.

(Waiting to get 5 cat women)

Those are the Chinese gods, not the healer girls (who are almost universally terrible)

The Japanese 2.0 gods are good leaders to build new teams around but aren't particularly good as subs (save maybe Ookunishi), so if you're already set as far as archetypes go might want to roll Batdragon instead.
My bad i meant chiese god :p
Gotta be uber stupid after 9 straight working hours

I've got three pulls... might spring to even it out to four. three pulls is "on average" 1 god pull during godfest (not a guarantee, just an average based on pull rates from others and previous godfests).

Batman is guaranteed 4* or 5*, and at least that first pull is going to be completely new, no possibility of a dupe.

however, I really can't see myself using any of the batman pulls except MAYBE Dark/light Batman (situationally at that).

and the batman monsters do not have evolutions right?

I could use the Japan 2.0 blue, green, and an astaroth, also never have I pulled either Odin or Metatron. Just a bunch of not sure how to use my pulls, just that I have some...

If the Batman delayers work like Time Mage and stacks with Menace/Force, though...

Does Time mage allow you to stack between menace/Force? (example: Menace for three turns, then on the last turn time mage, then on it's last turn can you menace again?)

If Batman Turns stack then I'll pull it, if it doesn't I still think I want to spend more time in Godfest...

Kreed

For new players, probably. None of these new monsters look that hot to me.

Agreed. I mean, they're cool looking, but I don't think they're game changers. I wouldn't mind a dark delay option, though.

If you already have S-tier monsters like Horus/Kirin/Lucifer/etc... then you could afford to skip this because none of these monsters are going to add anything to your team. Otherwise all the batmen monsters are great leads (The three Batmen would at least be in A tier, Robin could potentially be in S), and three of the new Japanese gods (green, blue, and dark) are S, and the other two A.

suko_32

If you already have S-tier monsters like Horus/Kirin/Lucifer/etc... then you could afford to skip this because none of these monsters are going to add anything to your team. Otherwise all the batmen monsters are great leads (The three Batmen would at least be in A tier, Robin could potentially be in S), and three of the new Japanese gods (green, blue, and dark) are S, and the other two A.

Yeah...my main account already has stuff like Horus/Luci so I'm going to skip godfest and probably do 1 pull for Batman.

My sub account on my tablet only has Horus and Orochi, but these new Japanese gods arn't good subs and there's only one devil I want. Will pull 1-2 times for Batman though.

Good luck everyone!

ccbfan

Whats so great about Hades?

Its seems to be such a popular character.

From the stats and skills its doesn't seem much better Hera-Is/Hera.

Well Hera-Is is relatively new....soooo she doesn't really count. and dat 5mil xp curve. Hades > Hera because of multiple elements and better stats. Hades is REM only (compared to farmable Heras). Hades big draw was 60% dark resist...which will soon be nuked with the resist updates coming soon.

Kreed

I doubt he'll remain as popular now that all the half damage roman gods got their leader skills boosted to 60%.

Hades is also as easily max skilled as other gravity users and provides a 2nd "fast" gravity with two attribute damage for the egyptian teams along with Hera-Is. You'd almost always want Hera-is+D/L Hades if you need two gravities in a Horus team.

reposting this from @PG. READY FOR DOGEFEST?

YeveLAL.jpg

Always keep in mind you really want multiple possible game-changing hits in a godfest before rolling, because you have to get through these guys to get a gold egg in the first place.

Does Time mage allow you to stack between menace/Force? (example: Menace for three turns, then on the last turn time mage, then on it's last turn can you menace again?)

If Batman Turns stack then I'll pull it, if it doesn't I still think I want to spend more time in Godfest...

This doesn't work since the debuff(s) only wear off once the monster gets to attack.

Limit

reposting this from @PG. READY FOR DOGEFEST?

YeveLAL.jpg

Always keep in mind you really want multiple possible game-changing hits in a godfest before rolling, because you have to get through these guys to get a gold egg in the first place.

You know, if Gungho is going to include farmable monsters in golden egg machine they might as well throw in descended dungeon monsters in there too. Better to acquire a Hera than X Golem.

You know, if Gungho is going to include farmable monsters in golden egg machine they might as well throw in descended dungeon monsters in there too. Better to acquire a Hera than X Golem.

I think it's important for the game to have some content walled off behind a hard "gear" and skill challenge, and to be increasingly aggressive about moving the bar higher and higher as the inevitable create creep continues.You want personal milestones and victories in this game, and getting your first Hera is definitely one of them.

Welp, unless you have a ridiculous amount of HP you get 12 turns to kill Joker before he uses a 117k attack on you. Not to mention the jammers, poison orbs, and 21k potshots he takes at you beforehand.

The BGM is Batman as fuck though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Still deciding if I should pull Batman or Godfest. I have Luci, Kirin, Horus, and Haku. Those seem to be the top 4 REM leads. I wouldn't mind another Gr/BlOdin or two...

JP Wiki currently estimates chances at either of the two "good" Batman monsters at 10% each, which is kinda bad and collectively below Godfest rates of a gold egg. Not going to waste more than one roll on it.

also i kinda want to make a thread based on the sheer shark jumping of the collab

Ashodin

JP Wiki currently estimates chances at either of the two "good" Batman monsters at 10% each, which is kinda bad and collectively below Godfest rates of a gold egg. Not going to waste more than one roll on it.

also i kinda want to make a thread based on the sheer shark jumping of the collab

Already been made.

Genji

Wow, the batman dungeon is difficult.

Yeah, just read up on what he does and watched some poor Japanese player get stomped in 2 turns. Looks super hard to me, especially since my main is a Luci team and you can't stall at all. Will probably give it a go with my weak Horus team for the first 2 difficulties only for fun.

Top Bottom