• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

jay23

Do you guys think I can take on evo materials unite with my terrible team of monsters? Could really use a keeper of rainbow.

KK70tv0.jpg

Any other advice for a noob? I've read the Google doc guide here and it's helped a lot. Currently trying to evolve my vampire Lord.

Don't think you have the team to take down the Rainbow Keeper in 4-6 turns before it kills you in one attack, even if you bring a strong helper. Do your PAL rolls during rare evo mats and hope you get lucky.

I guess you could try resolve + autoheal friend but I don't recommend chipping away at the RK's health (I think it has 900k HP?).

Can someone throw up a powerful Bastet?

I'm spending all my stamina today trying to take down Ancient Ocean Master. If I can't pick up Cleopatra today I won't have a good enough poisoner to take on Hera whenever she shows up. But if I can get her my Hera team will be complete.

J0dy77

I got pretty tired of the game after playing heavy IAP for awhile then switching to non-IAP for a few months. I took about 6 months off and then started a new account, and now I'm enjoying it as much as I ever did. The end game was missing the sense of accomplishment you get early on. I still play the old account occasionally (mostly just to evolve my leaders) but starting over really resparked my interest.

I hit 600 days today and I think I hit the wall. With Clash of Clans taking up most of my phone time I just don't have the desire to play anymore. I'm logging in just to waste stamina. We've beaten it to death in our threads but they haven't done anything in a long time to keep the game fresh. That first initial climb, as AG stated above, was such an amazing experience. Now with Super dragons running all of the time, never needing to run plants on Thursday and having tons of stamina it's just too easy. I am maxing out characters left and right. Each event is basically collecting stones and rolling for alt teams at this point having already beaten every descended. The last few descendeds have been really fun, best in a while, but it's not enough to keep my interest now for that one experience a month and the 2nd class treatment.

It's a lot to expect more than 600 days out of any one game but we can continue to hope Gungho makes some more drastic changes to freshen up the game.

Quantum

So a new "pre-event" starts tomorrow for the US -

has gung ho just given up announcing these things?

feels like they are just phoning shit in lately.

"the Rainbow Bridge" (pre-event)

EDIT: I guess they did say the US team went to Japan - makes total sense that they don't update on time....

Jagernaut

From puzzleanddragonsforum :

Unknown_PC
08-25-2014, 04:04 AM
They just pushed down new art for the NA client, actual ultimates aren't enabled yet until GungHo announcement as usual:

Grodin Tama, ult Gabriel, Raphael, Astaroth, Extreme King Metal, Freyr, Freyja, Loki, Sopdet, Thoth, Threedia, Pirate Zaerog, Yatagarasu (Ammy skill-up)

I want to switch my Wood/ Wood Freyja to Wood/Light, and ultimate evolve Raphael. Not sure about switching D/D Loki to D/W or ultimate evolving Zaerog to Pirate Zaerog. Which Loki and Zaerog are preferred?

From puzzleanddragonsforum :

I want to switch my Wood/ Wood Freyja to Wood/Light, and ultimate evolve Raphael. Not sure about switching D/D Loki to D/W or ultimate evolving Zaerog to Pirate Zaerog. Which Loki and Zaerog are preferred?

D/W Loki syncs well with D/D Haku and also with a D/W batman lead.Pirate Zaerog's new awoken skills are awesome. He will make a fantastic sub for many teams.

Ducarmel

Regarding FA Luci, which ultimate is better for a Ronia team? D/D or D/F?

Go with Dark/Red better synergy.

Which Loki and Zaerog are preferred?
Balanced type teams are pretty strong with the right subs and he eclipses there best leaders Chu Chu, Parvati, and Alrune.

DW loki is a even better sub for Haku or Karin.

Pirate Zaerog looks nice but if your one of those guys that max skilled old Zaerog :( I feel really bad for you.

Ducarmel

Anybody got a high level Neptune they can put up I want to finish tower of Ice challenge mode and need poison.

ducrml@gaf 368,865,267

chrono01

So I've trimmed down my Friend List considerably [since some of the people I had added seemed to have stopped playing], so I have around 14 slots open.

As for my Leaders, I have:

Fully Awoken:

Kirin of the Sacred Gleam, Sakuya
Keeper of the Sacred Texts, Metatron
Soul Guardian Byakko, Haku [will D/D Ultimate Evolve soon]
Awoken Deity Odin
Goddess of Rice Fields, Kushinada
Dark Archdemon Lucifer
Genius Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang

Working On:

Heavenly Guide Suzaku, Leilan
Founder of Nations, Okuninushi
Seraph of Dawn Lucifer
Feline Deity of Harmony, Bastet [3/4 Awakening]
Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
Izanagi
Lu Bu
Misato&AAA Wunder
Asuka&Upgraded Eva Unit-02, Code 777

Also a few others. The fully-awoken ones aren't all maximum level yet, but they will be soon [Kirin, Odin, and Metatron are, though].

My ID is: 382,376,283.

If anyone has some space on their Friend List, feel free to add me.

Two Heroes was a nice surprise today. I was planning on waiting until I picked up a couple Hera's, but decided to go for it with a triple resist team and picked up one of each. Took a long time but I managed to avoid spending stones.

Jagernaut

46 minutes ago ·
*Rainbow Bridge Pre-Event*
[Duration] 8/25 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 8/26 (Tues), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The Rainbow Bridge Bifrost is the fastest way to travel! Step aboard and see where it takes you!

The following dungeons will appear during this special pre-event:

8/25 - Heroes Descended!
8/26 - Xuanzang Descended!

As a bonus for these special weekdays, *1000 Pal Points* are being awarded to players each day!

Announcement 16 hours after event started, very timely.

Zero_IYAD

Have you ever considered making a combo video cause I want to see this American Paprika shit for myself

Props to Zero_IYAD. That average combo is mighty impressive. Get my free tamas for me, please. -_-

Average combo 11 0_0, you have any videos zero?
Am pretty average compared to many of you here!
As I said before, using Bastet for almost a year pushes your matching skills..
I never get the S score on the 1st try, I stone once or twice & keep changing teams till it goes right.
My usual average combo chain in regular dungeons is 5-8 I guess..
In Tri-color dungeons & dungeons lacking certain color/healer orbs I can pretty easily score >8 combo ((lucky skyfalls play a huge role in these dungeons too)).
For my S runs I follow what one of our members once advised, imagine how your combo will go & even use a paper & a pen to draw at least the 1st 3-4 chain match.

Never considered shooting videos nor have the time =_=
Am a noob when it comes to Android apps & I think most 'record your screen' apps require rooting.
Also am a fresh doctor dying between daily hospital work & preparing for my USMLE Step 1 Exam which I have to take by the end of this year's December =__=

Some of my studying pain:

tumblr_navrckcRpq1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Am trying to link the names of these medications with ANYTHING to make them memorable =__=
R.Odin helped there!

Edit: Damn it! I messed up & forgot to pick a second Nebradisk!
Here goes my plan to collect both Mystic Ultis =__=

Ducarmel

Any tips on good subs for s-ranking with Bastet? I've got a fully awoken and max skilled yomi, but buyond that now clue.

I don't think it really matters if your purely going for s rank by average combo alone. Just use subs you would use normally, if you need more extend time Lilith, Dumpty, and GC CRAB are farmable.

Jagernaut

Next event. 6 free stones and 6 Tamadra.

*Halls of Asgard*
[Duration]: 8/27 (Wed), 12:00 AM - 9/7 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)
The great Rainbow Bridge has transported us to Asgard! Many a mythical beast and advanced society has dwelled within these Halls. The Norse Gods have truly created a beautiful world!
■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
8/27 - 9/1 - 1 free Magic Stone daily
9/2 - 9/7 - 1 free TAMADRA daily
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.
■② The Pillars of Order
A golden society like Asgard needs it’s protectors! They’re stepping forth in the form of special 3-day dungeons for you to enjoy!
8/27 - 8/29 - Legendary Dragon Rush!
8/30 - 9/1 - Blade of Justice
9/2 - 9/4 - Dragon Guardian
■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
8/27 - Beelzebub Descended!
8/28 - The Thief Descended!
8/29 - Satan Descended!
8/30 - Sandalphon Descended!
8/31 - Athena Descended!
9/1 - Zeus Vulcan Descended!
9/2 - Zeus Descended!
9/3 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
9/4 - Tengu!!!
9/5 - The Goddess Descended!
9/6 - 9/7 - ???????????????
■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
8/27 - 9/1 - Jewel/Metal King Dragons
9/2 - 9/7 - Rare Evo Materials
1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon
*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

chrono01

Next event. 6 free stones and 6 Tamadra.
This pleases me greatly.

I might actually go after an Athena. Should serve me well for my new Zhuge Liang team I'm building.

Also, given the event, we're definitely getting a Norse God Godfest. Not sure what the other half will be, though.

chrono01

So, does anyone want a present?

I hit 20 a while ago but forgot to ask the peeps on here:

If you can't find someone to trade yours with, I'll take it.

I could always use the opportunity for another Snow Globe Dragon. >_<

If yes, my ID is: 382,376,283.
If no, simply disregard [and I wish you luck].

colinp

Banned
Oooh CornBurito you'll be able to get your Verche!

This is a nice event. I'll be able to max awoken my fruit dragon, even! Nice time to get tamadras indeed.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Really wanna get a sandlaphone, Any tips?
Would be running DQXQ/Echinda/angelion/king shynee/???
Choices would be yomi or Keeper of rainbow

For friend leader I guess a high Bastet? I dunno.
Help please

Quantum

Am trying to link the names of these medications with ANYTHING to make them memorable =__=

Way off topic, but I sat for step 1 almost 20 years ago - I've re-certified with the ABR and have been fortunate enough this year to sit for an ABIM exam - I feel your pain.

Its work, but look into a frequency flashcard program - like Anki (or other statistical freeware), it seems like it would work well for step 1's need for visual recognition for basic science and drug names.

personally I tend to make flashcards (the physical type) but I still derive a lot of memorization from physically writing names and silly mnemonics.

GOOD LUCK!

on topic:

I picked up another pack of stones thinking I would use them to skill a few of my recent bad decision REM grabs - I now have a ton of un-evo'd mobs for both Grodin and FAL - ended up doing a few off godfest rolls which was (of course) useless.

having built a strange healer team which is able to run most content I haven't decided what team I'd like to put together next - so I've been wasting exp in multiple leaders and haven't really become goal oriented.

I know its asking a lot, but I wish that they would release another set of regular dungeons - only significantly more difficult - something with a challenge that didn't feel like an absolute scam for stones like the recent trend in decends (minimal floors - the creep of both hp and need to skill up quickly).

Zero_IYAD

Way off topic, but I sat for step 1 almost 20 years ago - I've re-certified with the ABR and have been fortunate enough this year to sit for an ABIM exam - I feel your pain.

Its work, but look into a frequency flashcard program - like Anki (or other statistical freeware), it seems like it would work well for step 1's need for visual recognition for basic science and drug names.

personally I tend to make flashcards (the physical type) but I still derive a lot of memorization from physically writing names and silly mnemonics.

GOOD LUCK!
20 years ago!! Sir, how old are you @_@?!
I turned 26 this June & I just completed my 2nd year post grad. & I feel old & late for the match.
Pharma & Biochem are a pain X_X
Am using Kaplan Pharma Flashcards.. they are helping along with the huge tables in First Aid, yet some medications are hopeless to remember =_=

Thanks for your wishes : )

Sorry guys for going off topic

hermit7

Finally have gotten my team cost up to 228 enough for an ideal blonia team. Only issue is no one runs her and all the requests I have sent out haven't come back.

I thought they took the golems out of the REM machine? How the fuck did I draw a level 17 Fire Golem?? During the water monsters event, no less!

Epic Drop

Finally have gotten my team cost up to 228 enough for an ideal blonia team. Only issue is no one runs her and all the requests I have sent out haven't come back.

My B.Sonia is up at all times. Max level and max awoken. I only need another 3 ranks before I'll have the team cost to run my ideal B. Sonia team... so I'm excited! Shoot me a request!

ID: 347,606,314

I've honestly got more B. Sonia friends than I can possible use from the B. Sonia team guide on puzzledragonforums. Here's a link if you are interested. There's also a link within that thread to a spreadsheet which contains a ton of other B. Sonia users.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=37642

I thought they took the golems out of the REM machine? How the fuck did I draw a level 17 Fire Golem?? During the water monsters event, no less!

My understanding is that they just significantly reduced their chance to appear in the NA version... but that sucks :(

I've run Noble Mechdragon around 6 times on Master and not a single Verche has shown and I still have not gotten the boss drop. Is the boss drop rate really 40%?

hermit7

My B.Sonia is up at all times. Max level and max awoken. I only need another 3 ranks before I'll have the team cost to run my ideal B. Sonia team... so I'm excited! Shoot me a request!

ID: 347,606,314

I've honestly got more B. Sonia friends than I can possible use from the B. Sonia team guide on puzzledragonforums. Here's a link if you are interested. There's also a link within that thread to a spreadsheet which contains a ton of other B. Sonia users.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=37642

My understanding is that they just significantly reduced their chance to appear in the NA version... but that sucks :(

Sent you a request but it said you were all full.

Ducarmel

I've run Noble Mechdragon around 6 times on Master and not a single Verche has shown and I still have not gotten the boss drop. Is the boss drop rate really 40%?
6 times and no boss drops is shitty, but you will probably have to run it couple more times then that for Verche, you probably should wait for x2 or try you luck running Legend.

Top Bottom