• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

colinp

Banned
As leaders they are your typical mono tank team leader, nothing special.

As subs they are used mostly for the awakenings, very useful for teams that need to have skills ready as soon as possible and make use of row enhancement awakening.

Got it, thanks!

SaintR

Dragon Zombie, Cerberus, Beelzebub, and Ult Hadar are some nice dark subs.

The first two are relatively easy to obtain.
Btw Josoncao hope my post didn't come off as dickish with the lol...it was more an admission that we might have a problem with the Damn beautiful golden Dragon ...oh god why can't I quit you

I'm thinking about trying Cleopatra Master with the following team.

DQXQ
Rainbow keeper
Echidna
UmiYama
D/W vampire
Bastet

Everyone is low level. Best case scenario (aka +297 Bastet) I'll have about 13k HP and 2.5k RCV. I figure I can use RK to help survive Cleopatra until I get her to 50% health, then pop Echidna and hope I can burst her down. Still seems pretty risky. I'm not sure about stalling 20 turns for RK's skill. Also I have to hope I can break through 54k defense on floor 5.

Any thoughts? It's pretty much either this or keep grinding away at expert, which feels like a huge waste of stamina.

I spent my stamina running Jupiter, City in the Sky today instead of Friday dungeon, I did not get any.

I swear since they introduced baby tama the drop rates for topalit has been horrible.
Went hunting for dubtopas again. Only one showed up in 15-ish runs of Jupiter and, of course, it didn't drop. Upside is that I got a few plus eggs and rank experience for my trouble, unlike Friday dungeon.

Ducarmel

lol I was just about to bitch about dub-topalit, I have a couple of runs left so I still got a chance to get one before I run out of stamina but so far nothing. One run topalit invaded on 3 floors and none of them dropped.

edit: 4 more runs and nothing, really sucks the last couple of dubdtopalit I got were from pal.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Thanks for all the advice all :)

And corn, the DQXQ is still doing very well. I just got a valk and a hera sol when they came out for this last event so I am working on leveling and evolving those. Will be nice to stick in that valk once I get her ready.

Thanks for all the advice all :)

And corn, the DQXQ is still doing very well. I just got a valk and a hera sol when they came out for this last event so I am working on leveling and evolving those. Will be nice to stick in that valk once I get her ready.

Nice. I was unable to do Valk sadly. Fucked up my burst turn with DQXQ and then failed with Kirin once. Later tried again with kirin but i could not activate first turn and the Devils killed me. I get so damn nervous during descends lol. Think I can do it for sure next time tho.

colinp

Banned
Nice. I was unable to do Valk sadly. Fucked up my burst turn with DQXQ and then failed with Kirin once. Later tried again with kirin but i could not activate first turn and the Devils killed me. I get so damn nervous during descends lol. Think I can do it for sure next time tho.

Totally know what you mean about getting nervous! I'm doing much better now, just takes doing a couple of them successfully, but before I would shake and just screw up wildly. Hah, so silly but I hate wasting that stamina! Every once in awhile I still have to take a deep breath, slow down and concentrate extra hard.

colinp

Banned
*GungHo Collaboration Returns for Samba Celebration*
[Duration]: 8/21 (Thurs), 12:00 AM - 8/23 (Sat), 11:59 PM

Guess who’s back! The lovely cast of GungHo characters has returned to Puzzle & Dragons to show some GungHo Pride for this year’s Asakusa Samba Festival! The North American office will be joining our Japanese headquarters, showing the world that we know how to strut our stuff and have a good time!

Coupled with the GungHo Collab is the Samba Celebration, a rare gift dungeon led by the majestic Samba Ruby Dragon! Be sure to take some lessons from him before he leaves!

GungHo Collab is also full of powerful skill-up monsters--be sure to check which ones you can use. Crazy Cathy herself shares the same skill as Anubis! There’s also plenty to see from our other titles, whether it’s Emil Chronicle Online, Freak Tower, or Princess Punt, so check out this collab while you can!

Love that Samba Ruby!

Cels

i got a ronia. pretty far off from leveling her and evoing but when i do...what are the best farmable subs?

i have a persephone that i can use. i also have haku and shiva but i don't have devilits and i can't do twinlits yet.

so far i'm thinking ronia/persephone/hera-ur and 2 of baddie/vampire/awoken hera

i got a ronia. pretty far off from leveling her and evoing but when i do...what are the best farmable subs?

i have a persephone that i can use. i also have haku and shiva but i don't have devilits and i can't do twinlits yet.

so far i'm thinking ronia/persephone/hera-ur and 2 of baddie/vampire/awoken hera

That's a good start for now. eventually you want Haku and Shiva cause they are both some of the best subs for her.

Here is a good guide.

quin

gungho japan just gave one of each colored jewels for belzebub as an apology for changing his skill. . very nice gift

Althane

I think it's doable if you drop Vamp for a low cooldown red orb changer/heartbreaker and get some skill boosts in there. Maybe use another Ronia friend instead of Shiva. I've done it with 2x Ronia leads but it's not ideal compared to Shiva leads.

I use:
F/D Shiva
Echidna (max skilled)
Ronia
Gigas (max skilled)
Lu Bu
Ronia friend, but F/D Shiva preferred

You want enough skill boosts in your team to have an orb changer ready on floor 1 or you risk getting orb trolled. I try to take my time and maximize the number of turns before clearing each floor so I can have Echidna up by floor 3 if possible. That way I can take my time killing the fruit/flower without worrying about my leaders getting bound and gimping damage. Then I stall for skills, wait out bind by moving orbs without making matches, then use all skills on the final floor.

Thanks for the tips guys. I've got a Gigas that's almost max skilled on Attack Stance - Fire. Don't have enough skill boosts to get him active right from the start, so it might be relying on orbs. Distasteful, but we'll see how it goes.

In other news, I bothered to max out my Red Noel, so I now have a ton of experience sitting around, ready for me to feed. My busty Shiva is level 38 right now, while my Ronia is 88. If I feed it to my Ronia, it'll be about 2x the amount of experience she needs to be level 99.

Shiva, on the other hand, will probably get like 50 levels out of it, or so.

OR I could feed it to my Ifrit (non-busy right now).

Thoughts?

Edit: Or I could hold onto it, get my Gigas into the busty Great Gigas, and feed it ot him.

Hige

No point in using it on Ronia if there's spillover exp. Shiva's a good candidate because he's a late bloomer, so he doesn't get the biggest stat boosts until the upper levels. I was doing trifruits with a level 50-60 Shiva and the 4 star (lv70 max) Gigas, so Shiva's leader skill was more important than my raw stats anyway.

Althane

No point in using it on Ronia if there's spillover exp. Shiva's a good candidate because he's a late bloomer, so he doesn't get the biggest stat boosts until the upper levels. I was doing trifruits with a level 50-60 Shiva and the 4 star (lv70 max) Gigas, so Shiva's leader skill was more important than my raw stats anyway.

Ended up putting it on Shiva, with a 1.5x boost. THAT was awesome. So he went from level 38 to 83. Impressive boost in stats. I just ran the Mecha Wind Dragon using the following team, and crushed it:

L: Shiva
1. Ronia
2. Ame no Uzume (Busty, max level)
3. Echidna
4. Ifrit
F: Ares

Holy shit the damage output was ridiculous. And a lot safer than running Ame/Ame teams.

Wish GungHo would lift the restriction that leader skills don't activate for Explorers. At high rank all it does is ensure you never receive any new friend requests.

am_dragon

Wish GungHo would lift the restriction that leader skills don't activate for Explorers. At high rank all it does is ensure you never receive any new friend requests.

If they would just let you pick them up with a lower cost dungeon I'd waste the stamina.

"Oh sweet a lvl 99 Pandora Explorer" when I'm trying to enter a 50 cost dungeon. Switch to a dungeon with 10 cost, "wait where did it go?" Switch back to 50 cost. "oh... never mind."

If they would just let you pick them up with a lower cost dungeon I'd waste the stamina.

"Oh sweet a lvl 99 Pandora Explorer" when I'm trying to enter a 50 cost dungeon. Switch to a dungeon with 10 cost, "wait where did it go?" Switch back to 50 cost. "oh... never mind."
Couldn't you keep selecting the low cost dungeon until that helper shows up on the list? Worst part is that you have to keep a specific lead in your active slot until the other person accepts (and you have no idea if he/she rejected your request) to improve the chances of acceptance.

colinp

Banned
I just want to say you guys are the best. Everyone in the thread is friendly and supportive and tries to help, there is rarely ever any drama and what there is dies really really quickly.

<3 PAD GAF.

You guys rock!

Couldn't you keep selecting the low cost dungeon until that helper shows up on the list? Worst part is that you have to keep a specific lead in your active slot until the other person accepts (and you have no idea if he/she rejected your request) to improve the chances of acceptance.

Sometimes they never show up again. :(

Hige

Yeah, just keep selecting a low stamina dungeon and exiting to the previous menu until you see them again. There are only like 10 leaders that you can choose from at any one time, so eventually they cycle back in again.

I wish they would widen the selection a little so you can see more people than just those active within the last few minutes. There's also the visibility factor of people using certain popular leaders more (Ronia, LMeta, DQXQ), so you might never know if they have less common leaders available. I want to try out Red Guan Yu, dammit. I'll have to check reddit or PAD forum for friends.

Gaspode_T

My current "favorite" teams to use do not seem to do very well on descendeds...I especially keep thinking for whatever reason they can deal with Satan but it's difficult to 0 stone and I don't want to pay stones unless I really need to...

I have realized that I have spread my plus eggs around way too much, it's hard to focus on single monster when I have many diff good ones...

Any advice about change up is welcome:

Jpn acct (non-IAP)

Kushinada Leader (Max lvl, max awake, +6 only..)
Bastet (Lvl 89, max awake, +6)
Blue Odin (Lvl 81, max awake, +18)
Shiva (Max lvl, dark ult evolve, +18)
Chu-chu (Max lvl, ult evolve to be 1209, +26)

It's basically "how consistently can I get huge combos" with another Kushi or Bastet, or something 3.5x if I'm not worried about huge damage.

Other available:
Dark evo Astarot
Physical dark evo Karin
Dragon evol Frei
Gigas the Great
Luci
Blue evo Vampire duke
Light meta
Evol Raphael

US acct (some IAP)

Kirin (not the gold keeper ver) (Max lvl, max awake, +2)
Leilan (L58, 3 awakes)
Amenouzume (L91, attacker evolved to 1296, 2 awakes, +2)
Sun Quan (L85, no awake, +3)
Liu Bei (L92, 2 awakes, +8)

Liu Bei sets up Kirin x5 pretty well, leader another Kirin or whatever seems to work okay when I can keep x5 going.

Other available for US acct:
L79 Dark Meta
L36 War Ares
L55 RSonia (just got her recently)
L68 Grodin w almost all awakenings
L58 vampire duke
L47 Shinji & Eva Unit01
L42 Meimei
L53 Blodin
L54 Guan Yu
L66 Light Meta
L51 Pandora
L29 Horus (just got it...)

Maybe better to just set up all my monsters in one of those management sites...

Ducarmel

My current "favorite" teams to use do not seem to do very well on descendeds...I especially keep thinking for whatever reason they can deal with Satan but it's difficult to 0 stone and I don't want to pay stones unless I really need to...

Maybe better to just set up all my monsters in one of those management sites...
Nothing much to say about your Japanse account but to stick with Kushi or Bastet, and hope to get lucky and get Meimei, Yomi/Venus, and Izanagi some day. Lmeta can do descends too if you can get good healerr subs and commit a lot of plus eggs to them.

Your US account stick with Kirin for descends and build a Ronia or Pandora general farming team. Your Pandora would be good for descends too if you can get Hanzo.

Pandora / Hanzo / Ronia / Vamp (Dark Blue) / DMeta / Pandoara is the best Pandora team.

J0dy77

I just want to say you guys are the best. Everyone in the thread is friendly and supportive and tries to help, there is rarely ever any drama and what there is dies really really quickly.

<3 PAD GAF.

You guys rock!

Drama? What Drama? Only drama we have around here is the bitching at Gungho sessions that make us all feel better. lol

PAD Gaf is the only reason I've been able to play this game for almost 600 days. Definitely not the same as it used to be for a lot of us but still one of my all time favorite communities.

Damn you Cosmo for sucking me into this!! I think you're back on OT3 duties in Nico's absence.

Zero_IYAD

Finally S-ed this one..
Kept trying so many times the last time we got it but I never got the S..
Changed the team a lil & tried a few times this time & actually got a way better score!
Am swimming in a sea of Tamadras in my box right now -almost 20-

tumblr_nanq76dQrZ1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Jonsoncao

Banned
Finally S-ed this one..
Kept trying so many times the last time we got it but I never got the S..
Changed the team a lil & tried a few times this time & actually got a way better score!

tumblr_nanq76dQrZ1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Wow, that's so paprika!

Hige

It doesn't feel like I'm melting faces with Pandora as much as I expected from all the youtube videos. I know they usually have everything +297, but it should be serviceable even without all that. My team is almost perfect (Hanzo/Dark Valk/Ronia/DA Luci), but there's something about the play style that hasn't clicked for me just yet. Not sure if I want to give her any plus eggs or focus on something else.

I just fed all of mine to RGY and now I'm sad. Send them to me!

colinp

Banned
I was all excited to evolve my Grape Dragon, waiting all damn week to get a Dragon Fruit, only to realize I don't have any more Keeper of Dark because I used two earlier to evolve Hera. Gah!

Well, managed to 0 stone Legend Wadatsumi and get the drop, too. Going to have to start expanding my boxes soon getting all these specials dragons and descends.

As I said I love PAD GAF, but I think if there was no such thing as PadGuide I wouldn't still be playing. Websites are a poor substitute, too. I swear I check PadGuide more than I open and play PAD!

Anything in the Gung-Ho Collab worth it if I don't have any monsters that the drops skill up? At the very least Jelly's Angels seems neat for low cost tricolor dungeons (of those exist).

Got the Gung-ho Collab S rank. Dual Ronia, FA Luci, King Baddie, a red mask and a light mask (1 stars). 110,000 for just the rarity, after that it was just 40k in combos (6-7 combo average), and stalling for Ronia, which is harder than it sounds when you face melt everything and HAVE to 6-7 combo...

So now I've max awoken everything I care about. What do I use the Tamas on? Awoken monsters - R/D Shiva, R/B Shiva, Freyr, Ronia, B/D Karin, Unit-13 S&K, U&Y, Bastet, L. Meta, Kirin, Ammy, Izanagi, D/D Haku, FA Luci, D/L Yomi, and D/D Loki.

Some REM monster that are sort of there, Seraph Luci (3 awakenings), B/D Neptune (2 awakenings), Artemis ( awakenings), Hades (1 awakening). Only evolved gods with no awakenings are Susano-o, kagatsuchi, Minerva, Raphael, Persephone, and Ra

I can work on Evolving monsters, Ifrit would be nice, same with Grape dragon. Or I could use them on Ninjas (Hanzo and Sasuke are ready for awakening, chiyome and Fuma would need evolving first). Also have Liu Biu, Archangel Michael (2x) and Perseus that are unevolved Gods.

linsivvi

Got the Gung-ho Collab S rank. Dual Ronia, FA Luci, King Baddie, a red mask and a light mask (1 stars). 110,000 for just the rarity, after that it was just 40k in combos (6-7 combo average), and stalling for Ronia, which is harder than it sounds when you face melt everything and HAVE to 6-7 combo...

So now I've max awoken everything I care about. What do I use the Tamas on? Awoken monsters - R/D Shiva, R/B Shiva, Freyr, Ronia, B/D Karin, Unit-13 S&K, U&Y, Bastet, L. Meta, Kirin, Ammy, Izanagi, D/D Haku, FA Luci, D/L Yomi, and D/D Loki.

Some REM monster that are sort of there, Seraph Luci (3 awakenings), B/D Neptune (2 awakenings), Artemis ( awakenings), Hades (1 awakening). Only evolved gods with no awakenings are Susano-o, kagatsuchi, Minerva, Raphael, Persephone, and Ra

I can work on Evolving monsters, Ifrit would be nice, same with Grape dragon. Or I could use them on Ninjas (Hanzo and Sasuke are ready for awakening, chiyome and Fuma would need evolving first). Also have Liu Biu, Archangel Michael (2x) and Perseus that are unevolved Gods.

I've started slowly evolving monsters with that I don't care too much about, but might prove to be useful later.

For example, Xuanzang to help field a team with 100% skill lock protection. Beelzebub for the ultimate form.

Hige

I'd save them if you have box space. When you want to try a new team and realize you need like 15 of the little bastards you'll be glad lol. Otherwise, maybe ninjas? They're pretty much must-haves for certain teams, and the awakenings are solid.

Jagernaut

Finally max skilled Sun Quan. I got 3 skillups running Master on the first 2x drop Saturday but it took the next 5 days to get the last skillup. The floor with the Kelpie and 2 Waron is not a guaranteed drop even on Legend unless there is a 1.5x or 2x drop bonus. I had a lot of runs with no drop or just Kelpie drops. At least I max skilled 2 ogres.

Oiln4uf.jpg

Tobe

i got cao cao max skilled, btw is anybody here gonna run red attacker team? cao cao? misatos? what other red attacker is out there that could be a good lead?

chrono01

i got cao cao max skilled, btw is anybody here gonna run red attacker team? cao cao? misatos? what other red attacker is out there that could be a good lead?
I'm leveling my Misato now.

I still need to put the rest of my team together, though. At least I have enough Tamadra to instantly Awaken her.

J0dy77

Can someone explain invades to me? I never really paid attention but want to evolve Athena. Will running wind mech get me what I need?

Ducarmel

Can someone explain invades to me? I never really paid attention but want to evolve Athena. Will running wind mech get me what I need?

Jewels?

They only invade legend and mythical descends when they are active, so it wont show up for the weekly/biweekly dragon dungeons. Depending on the descend that day only one type will invade if you are lucky or unlucky if your not interested in them.

Apparently tomorrow Japan will get a dedicated dungeon for those jewels, not sure how it will work but I guess you fight all the Chinese gods and hope it drops.

here is padx news article when it was first announced. I know it says mythical but i believe they updated it to make them even invade legend difficulty.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=66

Top Bottom