• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Got the Gung-ho Collab S rank. Dual Ronia, FA Luci, King Baddie, a red mask and a light mask (1 stars). 110,000 for just the rarity, after that it was just 40k in combos (6-7 combo average), and stalling for Ronia, which is harder than it sounds when you face melt everything and HAVE to 6-7 combo...
Used almost the same team except used a 3* evolved Wicked Lady as recommended on PADX instead of Luci to get a guaranteed S with rarity, alone. Did most of my stalling on on rd 5 Alma until Wicked Lady was active, then used her to 1-shot Alma before she got below 30% HP. 1 Ronia sweeps rd 9, and Ronia + Baddie sweeps rd 10.

gvObweL.jpg

razterik

New Hera-Ur countdown is 16, max at 12. That's disappointing and the first instance I'm aware of where an altered active skill in the ultimate is longer than the original active skill.

The HP and RCV boost is 1.2x. Not terrible, a 44% increase with both leads.

Edit: math

Gaspode_T

Nothing much to say about your Japanse account but to stick with Kushi or Bastet, and hope to get lucky and get Meimei, Yomi/Venus, and Izanagi some day. Lmeta can do descends too if you can get good healerr subs and commit a lot of plus eggs to them.

Your US account stick with Kirin for descends and build a Ronia or Pandora general farming team. Your Pandora would be good for descends too if you can get Hanzo.

Pandora / Hanzo / Ronia / Vamp (Dark Blue) / DMeta / Pandoara is the best Pandora team.

I have yomi on the Japanese account but haven't evo'd to the final form yet

Meimei is better than Leilan? For activating Kirin's x5 I keep thinking after activating Leilan I will get lucky and blue will match on the skyfall but it rarely happens in practice...I thought dark orbs would be "in the way" for Kirin's usage, I usually try to aggressively get rid of them

Ducarmel

I have yomi on the Japanese account but haven't evo'd to the final form yet

Meimei is better than Leilan? For activating Kirin's x5 I keep thinking after activating Leilan I will get lucky and blue will match on the skyfall but it rarely happens in practice...I thought dark orbs would be "in the way" for Kirin's usage, I usually try to aggressively get rid of them

I don't have Leilan so I dont know how well she works with Kushi/Bastet but Miemie/Yomi combo is better then Leilan/Yomi.

Yeah the other Chinese gods are terrible subs for Kirin just stick to her typical farmable subs.

Jagernaut

Used almost the same team except used a 3* evolved Wicked Lady as recommended on PADX instead of Luci to get a guaranteed S with rarity, alone. Did most of my stalling on on rd 5 Alma until Wicked Lady was active, then used her to 1-shot Alma before she got below 30% HP. 1 Ronia sweeps rd 9, and Ronia + Baddie sweeps rd 10.

gvObweL.jpg

Used a similar team (my Ronia and King Baddie have no skillups and not many plusses) to easily get the S rank. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quantum

ugh just fused 10 fa luci skill up mats for 0 skill ups. Doesn't seem like max skill for this is possible before the dungeon rotates out...

dropped a ton of effort into the eva colab to skill up my new toys. its a bit like thievery.

they give the game free then figure out how to squeeze a low percent of the players - then they run skill up dungeons where the rate is just shit, I've considered throwing more money to run the collab but seriously...

FA luci has 16 skill ups.

my skill up rate with the "20%" has been about 8%. I have gotten 4 skill ups on FAL and 1 on Godin.

I just picked up a 64 GB card for my vita and a ps4 to try to pull me away from this game.

there is no question that Gungho is generous with their stones, and you can play as a non-iap. Once you switch over though it is a fucking money pit - and a second class one at that - we get updates late, don't get the collabs jp gets and are basically second class citizens if you have a question or problem.

I've fully enjoyed my time with this game and don't mind throwing money at it once and awhile - I've never played a game for 500+ days before (other than a few mmorpgs), but I utterly feel like shit after realizing I'm trying to skill up a drop I got after throwing money at the game - and need to throw money to skill up the drop.

I have been watching the app on ios charts - its interesting - it isn't reaching as high as it used to - even during the god fests. It is not doing as well in the US - which puts no pressure on the US team to update or keep us current.

I know I'm addicted - and as recently mentioned - this thread has kept me playing and gotten me involved with a game I never thought I would be playing. I am happy with that and genuinely like reading this thread with my morning coffee.

but I know its a total addiction when I'm trying to find alternatives so that I don't fall into a multi-K trap - and even worse - with a company that doesn't even bother keeping us on par with JP's game.

Hige

the odin character looks to be the best. great for a bearded guan yu sub.
1500.jpg
Green Guan Yu finally gets a sub and it'll probably stay JP only? Oh, cruel world.

I also wish GungHo would make some alternate versions of JP only skill up monsters from collabs we'll never see. Rider skill ups plz.

I like Puzzle and Dragon, but I find myself not really as "in" to it as I was before.

If I collect stones and pull I get something useless (pretty much any green God because no one runs green) I have great teams (Ronia, L/Meta, Kirin, Haku, and Shiva teams), but just about the only way to improve them is REM. Descends are fun, but after I run it once I have no desire to run them again.

I like Skilling and evolving monsters (because it requires us to actually play the dungeons), but that gets boring with the 8 hour waits. Trying desperately to go back to non-IAP after being IAP for so long makes the game feel so much slower.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I just max skilled my valk. Excellent. Now to actually evolve her, she takes so much exp to get to lvl 70. (And then I need to get the mats to super evolve her)

I got pretty tired of the game after playing heavy IAP for awhile then switching to non-IAP for a few months. I took about 6 months off and then started a new account, and now I'm enjoying it as much as I ever did. The end game was missing the sense of accomplishment you get early on. I still play the old account occasionally (mostly just to evolve my leaders) but starting over really resparked my interest.

quin

Green Guan Yu finally gets a sub and it'll probably stay JP only? Oh, cruel world.

I also wish GungHo would make some alternate versions of JP only skill up monsters from collabs we'll never see. Rider skill ups plz.

I can't believe gungho hasn't offered you dragon rider skill ups yet. we have two different dungeons them now

Got the materials to ultimate evolved Bastet. What's a good team for her?

500 days pops up for me on Sunday. The wiki does not have any bonuses listed after that. Does Japan have a bonus for 550 & 600 days?

Ducarmel

Got the materials to ultimate evolved Bastet. What's a good team for her?
I have Bastet but I like to use my Kushinad more then her but I use both the same way

Bastet / tri color full board changer / ctw / enhancer / orb changer or utility / Bastet

The team I was lucky enough to build is

Kushinada / Meiei / Yomi / Izanagi / Echidna or something else / Kushinada or Bastet Friend Leader.

Edit

Another type of team i use sometimes for fun is to set up a 2 color board

example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT8dWFvQbio

Depending on two colors you want you would need a combination of one of the three Archangel orb changers, one of the Mystic Knights, and one of the Heart breakers.

padforum thread that explains it better
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=30155

linsivvi

I am happy with eventually evolving and maxing every notable farmable monsters except the weekly dragons. So as long as I can still clear the latest descends, I'm fine. I'll just play other games or do other stuff in between. With the way it's been going most of the time I just login once to do 3x super jewels anyway.

Anyone know if we are due for whatever dungeon/event lets you get Verche? I am starting to feel the weakness of not having a light orb maker on my Kirin team.

matt360

Hey guys, I'm still fairly new(ish) to the game and I'm looking for some advice for a Dark Team and a Healer Team. I'm at rank 81 and I'm up to Hyperion Lava Flow. I'm not particularly stuck or anything, but I'd love some team building advice from the pros or maybe some guidance as to what I should be doing.

With my Dark Team, I've been using a Batman + Batwing leader, an Arch Luci, Keeper of Rainbow, Vampire Lord, Lilith (previously a dub-mythlit), and a Red Sonia Friend Leader where possible. I've been doing pretty good after Satan's Castle, but I think this team could be better. I also sometimes use Luci as my leader when I need the HP. I also have some other Batman, Joker, and Persephone Friend Leaders that I like to use.

Anyways, here are my monsters

If there are potential makings for other decent/good teams I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks so much!

Run either Blue Valk or Sun Quan as the leader of a blue Healer team. If you had a Hatsume you'd have an absurd Water Healer team but you already have two of the four REM-dependent mobs for that team anyways.

You can also run a Ronia lead, which is currently considered the "best" team in the game.

Run either Blue Valk or Sun Quan as the leader of a blue Healer team. If you had a Hatsume you'd have an absurd Water Healer team but you already have two of the four REM-dependent mobs for that team anyways.

You can also run a Ronia lead, which is currently considered the "best" team in the game.

Is it? I thought Ronia shared a top spot with the likes of Zhuge Liang. Granted Ronia seems to be able to tackle anything so I could see her being the best.

Hige

Anyone else collecting 4 of each mech dragons and mystic dragons for their ultimates?
I've been trying to collect extras, but I already messed up since I only picked up 3 Betelgeuse without feeding any for awakenings. Too many special dungeons going on at the same time!

Don't forget to go a step further and feed 4 of the same dragon to the base dragon (at least for Hadar/Canopus/Crystal Skull/Antikythera) that way when you ult evo it all the awakenings are unlocked.

linsivvi

I've been trying to collect extras, but I already messed up since I only picked up 3 Betelgeuse without feeding any for awakenings. Too many special dungeons going on at the same time!

Don't forget to go a step further and feed 4 of the same dragon to the base dragon (at least for Hadar/Canopus/Crystal Skull/Antikythera) that way when you ult evo it all the awakenings are unlocked.

Ohhhhhh I didn't do that!

matt360

Thanks! Who are the other two REM mobs for the Water Healer team just so I can keep a lookout? Once I get a King Shynee I was gonna put him on the team as well.

I'd love to make a Ronia led team. Any advice for the subs? I don't think I currently have enough devil types to make a really great one, but I was thinking Ifrit, Batman, Luci, and either Vampire or Chaos Devil Dragon once I evolve all of them. That'd be a cool thing to work towards.

Any advice for my current Dark Team?

Thanks again!

Ducarmel

Thanks! Who are the other two REM mobs for the Water Healer team just so I can keep a lookout? Once I get a King Shynee I was gonna put him on the team as well.

Thanks again!
Idunn&Idunna but needs to be its twinlit busty to get healer type.

Gabriel he also needs to be busty to get healer type

and the extremely rare Bikinitron

If you ever pull I&I or your one of the blessed few to get Bikinitron she would be your new Blue healer leader.

Ronia guide, its complete gives advice for farmable team build and REM heavy build
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=40406

Nothing much to say about mono dark teams, Vamp, Pandora are two great subs you have so far. For farmable subs try to get Pierdra, Hera, Cerebus or Ninth Angel, Eco Dumpty, Yomi God Izanami, and Grape dragon (when they give us the fruit dragon gift).

Hige

Hatsume and Idunn & Idunna. Blue healer team is usually I&I/Blue Valk/Hatsume/Sun Quan/??? with the last spot being something like Light Metatron, Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao, Siren, or Gabriel's ultimate evo when it's available in the NA version. It's been ages since there was a Norse godfest so there should be a chance at I&I pretty soon.

Ok fed 4 wind mechs into the main wind mechdragon, so when I ultimate evolve him he should automatically fully awaken.

Now back to Eva collab for FA Luci skill ups...

matt360

Idunn&Idunna but needs to be its twinlit busty to get healer type.

Gabriel he also needs to be busty to get healer type

and the extremely rare Bikinitron

If you ever pull I&I or your one of the blessed few to get Bikinitron she would be your new Blue healer leader.

Ronia guide, its complete gives advice for farmable team build and REM heavy build
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=40406

Nothing much to say about mono dark teams, Vamp, Pandora are two great subs you have so far. For farmable subs try to get Pierdra, Hera, Cerebus or Ninth Angel, Eco Dumpty, Yomi God Izanami, and Grape dragon (when they give us the fruit dragon gift).

Oh wow, thanks for pointing me to that Ronia guide! Looks like I'll have some work to do before I can get a real kickass team together. But at least I've almost got a King Badee.

With Pierdra, he's only available in some limited time dungeon that comes around every so often, no? I just love the way he looks, so I'm really hoping to grab one soon.

Is there any chance that I could take on Hera yet? I'm guessing no.

Ducarmel

Oh wow, thanks for pointing me to that Ronia guide! Looks like I'll have some work to do before I can get a real kickass team together. But at least I've almost got a King Badee.

With Pierdra, he's only available in some limited time dungeon that comes around every so often, no? I just love the way he looks, so I'm really hoping to grab one soon.

Is there any chance that I could take on Hera yet? I'm guessing no.
looking at the pattern so far Piedra shows up 2 months in a row then 4 months later. we last had him in April/May so chances are he will show up in September or October.

You probably can Resist/Odin Hera descend if you max awoken Siren, and lead with Chaos Devil Dragon or Drawn Joker if you get him.

Chaos Devil Dragon / Siren Max Awoken / Lilith Max Awoken / Echidna / Lightning Holy Dragon Or Any AOE attack skill user / Busty Odin Max Awoken friend.

You will have enough auto heal to take a hit and heal back to full health, the only trouble you may have is the first floor synced mobs so make sure to kill one of the synced mobs as soon as possible, Echidna is not necessary so you can probably bring another AOE skill.

But I would do it with Ronia, she is that good. Ronia, King baddie and Ronia friend. You can fill the rest of the spots with the best devils you have. Hera will always come around there is no rush to get her, I would finish building a Ronia team, once you have done that you can do all those beginner descend dungeons.

matt360

looking at the pattern so far Piedra shows up 2 months in a row then 4 months later. we last had him in April/May so chances are he will show up in September or October.

You probably can Resist/Odin Hera descend if you max awoken Siren, and lead with Chaos Devil Dragon or Drawn Joker if you get him.

Chaos Devil Dragon / Siren Max Awoken / Lilith Max Awoken / Echidna / Lightning Holy Dragon Or Any AOE attack skill user / Busty Odin Max Awoken friend.

You will have enough auto heal to take a hit and heal back to full health, the only trouble you may have is the first floor synced mobs so make sure to kill one of the synced mobs as soon as possible, Echidna is not necessary so you can probably bring another AOE skill.

But I would do it with Ronia, she is that good. Ronia, King baddie and Ronia friend. You can fill the rest of the spots with the best devils you have. Hera will always come around there is no rush to get her, I would finish building a Ronia team, once you have done that you can do all those beginner descend dungeons.

Excellent. Well it looks like I now have something clear to work towards. Thanks so much for the advice!

What's the best place to get Mythlits between the Friday dungeon, T4 normal dungeons, and the T1 technical dungeons? I heard it was the T4 dungeons, so I've been doing nothing but that yesterday and haven't gotten a single one.

colinp

Banned
What's the best place to get Mythlits between the Friday dungeon, T4 normal dungeons, and the T1 technical dungeons? I heard it was the T4 dungeons, so I've been doing nothing but that yesterday and haven't gotten a single one.

These days I feel like I often get both mythlits and dub-mythlits when I run the first two tiers of the Friday dungeon. I'm overflowing with dubmythlits at the moment! Crazy because I remember not too many months ago when I was stoning in order to get one to drop to evolve my Kirin. I think they're drop rate has increased as new evo materials have taken their place, making their 2x drops especially fruitful.

Top Bottom