• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Has anyone got a link to the apk for the update? as Im in the uk :(

I still dont really know what im doing at rank 27. Got a few ninjas that are strong but my starter is pretty rubbish and yeah, just not sure where to go with the game.

smbu2000

Oh, there's a PAD thread. I didn't know so many people played here. I only have JP accounts and it's weird trying to get used to seeing the English names even for ones that I have! (So forgive any mistakes on names, etc.)

Earlier today I just cleared Goemon (both Legend and Mythical) with my healing Idunn/a party (also includes Hatsume, Echidna, LMetatron, and Water Valkryie; only Echidna and Valkyrie are max skill.) That's on my newest account (only rank 155). First time I tried Goemon on this one and first time trying Mythical. Leilan also came out on my Legend try so I picked up a Red Orb as well.

Oh, there's a PAD thread. I didn't know so many people played here. I only have JP accounts and it's weird trying to get used to seeing the English names even for ones that I have! (So forgive any mistakes on names, etc.)

Earlier today I just cleared Goemon (both Legend and Mythical) with my healing Idunn/a party (also includes Hatsume, Echidna, LMetatron, and Water Valkryie; only Echidna and Valkyrie are max skill.) That's on my newest account (only rank 155). First time I tried Goemon on this one and first time trying Mythical. Leilan also came out on my Legend try so I picked up a Red Orb as well.

What's your id for JP? I need more friends on my account.

Mine is 227,274,195

Wish I had noticed Athena has two sets of shades sooner; would have made my Blackbeard runs easier.

Still can't burst him down on Legendary fast enough with Kirin though, especially with all the orb trolling.

So I didn't know about the ultimate Mystic Dragons until someone here mentioned it. I just looked them up on PADX and see that they changed the name of their active skill and dropped the initial cooldown to 6. So I guess I wasted my time getting my Nebradisk to skill Lv.13.

So I didn't know about the ultimate Mystic Dragons until someone here mentioned it. I just looked them up on PADX and see that they changed the name of their active skill and dropped the initial cooldown to 6. So I guess I wasted my time getting my Nebradisk to skill Lv.13.

Wait what? Crap i've been trying to skill nebradisk this entire time too...

smbu2000

What's your id for JP? I need more friends on my account.

Mine is 227,274,195

Rank 185
253,070,175 (leaders: LMetatron, LHorus, Sakuya, RedOdin, Sun Quan, Anubis, Kushinada)

Rank 168
283,078,346 (LMetatron, DMetatron, Idunn/a, FHorus, Sakuya, Cao Cao, DarkRa, Okuninushi)

Rank 155
271,984,210 (LMetatron, Idunn/a, Bastet, Lu Bu, Green Zhuge Liang)

All 3 also have GrOdin who I use as a leader for Choki dungeons.

Hige

You also have a chance at skilling up the ultimate's skill when you do the evolution, since all the normal mystic dragons share the same skill. Don't ask me how that works, it's just like how you can awaken King Mastering with regular Mastering when you do the ultimate evo. So try to do the evolution while 2x skill up is active.

razterik

beKi2jJ.jpg

S rank business.

Since I maxed Light Tron last night and have finished everything else from the current dungeon selection, I've got nothing to do right now. Farming spirit jewels is on hold till rate boost comes over.

I hope Black Fairy dungeon starts next week.

Wow, just got a Regulus drop in the Int. Dungeon. First time playing it, too!
Ugh lucky. I've run master 4 times (including twice at 1.5x drop) and no drop yet. Normally I would wait until 2x drop but I gotta dedicate my stamina to picking/skilling up Verche this weekend.

matt360

Ugh lucky. I've run master 4 times (including twice at 1.5x drop) and no drop yet. Normally I would wait until 2x drop but I gotta dedicate my stamina to picking/skilling up Verche this weekend.

I'm pretty happy. I'm not even high enough level to tackle master and only had enough stamina to try the int. one (which was enough to help me level up). Wasn't expecting anything but man, seeing that gold egg drop sure felt good. But at 50 cost it'll be a while before I'll be able to fit him in on any kind of team.

smbu2000

Oh and if anybody does add me please let me know here or in game, so I know your from GAF and can add you ( not just a random person who I may or may not accept. )

I cleared out some slots from people who haven't logged in for a long while so I do have space open. (Mine are all JP accounts as well.)

Mine is 227,274,195
Rank 185
253,070,175 (leaders: LMetatron, LHorus, Sakuya, RedOdin, Sun Quan, Anubis, Kushinada)

Rank 168
283,078,346 (LMetatron, DMetatron, Idunn/a, FHorus, Sakuya, Cao Cao, DarkRa, Okuninushi)

Rank 155
271,984,210 (LMetatron, Idunn/a, Bastet, Lu Bu, Green Zhuge Liang)

All 3 also have GrOdin who I use as a leader for Choki dungeons.
Last edited by smbu2000; Today at 05:47 AM.

SaintR

Need some red Sonia friends, any of you guys have extra space?
Hey Jay you can add me if you like. Just finished my +eggs on her. Just let me know your in-game name
Also for whomever is running mythical plants let me know if you prefer Ronia or Satan up.

Ducarmel

Where's the best place to get team building optio s for specific dubgeons from? i used to go to puzzledragonx but they kinda suck now. their mobile site barely works

padwiki has team suggestions for dungeons, not all them but most of the descends.

Padforum you can find team suggestions in specific descend threads or in the team building guides for specific gods.

Anyone running Idunna wanna be friends? I'm usually running Kirin and Valk..

Do you need her now I have Healer version max skilled, no awakenings.

Norse and Archangel godfest, just a yolo pull from me on this one. I could use Gabriel and Thor but I'm not in a rush to get them.

linsivvi

Where's the best place to get team building optio s for specific dubgeons from? i used to go to puzzledragonx but they kinda suck now. their mobile site barely works

You're in China right? Go to the Chinese wiki, it's got a lot more teams listed than the English wiki. If you can't read the descriptions just use Google translate.

colinp

Banned
padwiki has team suggestions for dungeons, not all them but most of the descends.

Padforum you can find team suggestions in specific descend threads or in the team building guides for specific gods.

Do you need her now I have Healer version max skilled, no awakenings.

Norse and Archangel godfest, just a yolo pull from me on this one. I could use Gabriel and Thor but I'm not in a rush to get them.

No I don't need her right now, thanks though! Will remember to ask next time I do! ;)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Bleh, just noticed the cooldown on sandalphon's skill. Even if I get one it wont be a good addition to my DQXQ team will it? I hate the stupid slimes but king shynee's cooldown is much more reasonable.

Should I try skilling up king shynee? (yuck) Or should I try skilling up sandalphon (Not even sure I can do the dungeon yet)

linsivvi

Bleh, just noticed the cooldown on sandalphon's skill. Even if I get one it wont be a good addition to my DQXQ team will it? I hate the stupid slimes but king shynee's cooldown is much more reasonable.

Should I try skilling up king shynee? (yuck) Or should I try skilling up sandalphon (Not even sure I can do the dungeon yet)

Sandalphon is awesome for King of Gods farming, since it's easy to stall. Use it on floor 9 if enemy is on 1 cooldown, otherwise save it for Zeus.

But yeah, not something you would normally use for descend runs.

linsivvi

Yeah, I would really like to ultimate evolve Beelzebub since it has the second highest attack in the game and is just a great all-around sub but not at what it costs to get all 5 orbs.

Jagernaut

Yeah, I would really like to ultimate evolve Beelzebub since it has the second highest attack in the game and is just a great all-around sub but not at what it costs to get all 5 orbs.

Same here. Getting 2 orbs for Athena wasn't hard but now I need 5 orbs. I did 3 runs of Goemon the other day but there were no Chinese invades.

MikeDip

Sandalphon is awesome for King of Gods farming, since it's easy to stall. Use it on floor 9 if enemy is on 1 cooldown, otherwise save it for Zeus.

But yeah, not something you would normally use for descend runs.

Do you think I should try skilling up either one?

Hige

I've maxed all of the king slimes and King Shynee was the most worthwhile since healer teams don't usually have a ton of skill boosts. Just take it slowly and make it a side project whenever you get some king dragons from running super dragons. Hopefully you get lucky with skill ups. My best was 5/11 with King Baddie, and worst was King Bubblie at 5/48. Shynee took 21 feeds.

MikeDip

I've maxed all of the king slimes and King Shynee was the most worthwhile since healer teams don't usually have a ton of skill boosts. Just take it slowly and make it a side project whenever you get some king dragons from running super dragons. Hopefully you get lucky with skill ups. My best was 5/11 with King Baddie, and worst was King Bubblie at 5/48. Shynee took 21 feeds.

Can you tell me how you worked on getting the evo mats for the king shynee? Is there a good dungeon to grind for both those kings? Nothing that needs stones though :(
Last level of vesta cave?

Can you tell me how you worked on getting the evo mats for the king shynee? Is there a good dungeon to grind for both those kings? Nothing that needs stones though :(
Last level of vesta cave?
The best way to skill-up King Shynee is to farm Super Golds for the Kings. You can sell the Super Kings for gold or feed for Light exp. Use the Highs for leveling-up Big Shynees. For Shynees and Topalits run the last floor of Dungeon of Light (can run during 1/2 stam events for greater efficiency). Shynee also drops as the boss of the first floor but you'll be getting way more Shynees than Topalits anyway, so farm the last floor for greater Topalit farming efficiency.

coy

Need some red Sonia friends, any of you guys have extra space?

Kirin and/or Ronia are usually up. I need to work on skilling her up but she is getting all my +eggs now.

Hunting for orbs blows. Thought y'all should know.

Paltros

I find myself in a dilemma. I have a GZL, a Freyja (aiming for her new ultimate), 2 Parvatis (one almost max skilled, the other untouched) and a tortured soul who ran green dragon den one too many times. I figure I'll skill up the second Parvati...sometime down the road, but for the skilled up one which of her two ultimates should I go for? Make her G/L for another wood lead or G/R for the subtype and the TPA?

Hige

Monster Strike beating PAD in Top Grossing again, and it's not even in a rarefest this time. Pretty crazy how fast that game has grown.
Is it still difficult to get a rare monster from the gacha (compared to other PAD-likes)? I downloaded it a while ago, but haven't played it yet since I didn't want to go through the reroll marathon. I remember you posting it had a poor gacha rate. Kind of a shame because it reminds me of Metal Walker and seemed interesting.

Yeah rates are still pretty bad, but the tutorial goes by a lot faster than PAD's and I think the post-tutorial roll is rigged to only give you 4* and higher eggs.

It's pretty interesting how gacha rates affect different games. LLSIF's 1% makes you never expect to get a UR card, but that game doesn't require you to beef up on the rarest cards so it doesn't matter if you get LLSIF.gif'd or not. Monstrike's low rates encourage local co-op because you're likely to only roll a few god-tier cards. Dragon Poker's 7% makes you actually afraid to roll since you know you'll get a SSS eventually but not how long it takes, and they devs actually hand out a choice of nine free SSS cards to new players. White Cat Project doesn't have a stamina meter but has separate gachas for both party members and equipment, which is probably how they're still #5 top grossing.

Hige

I've played a few different games and kept track of the gacha rates as I rolled. Obviously not scientific, but I went 1/23 in Dragon Coins for a decent starter, 6 SS cards in 105 pulls in Dragon Poker, and Pictlogica has around an 8% rate for pulling rares. I still log into Dragon Poker for the nanto stones, but haven't played in a while.

Pictlogica is just ridiculous in general lol. They ran an FF8 event for two weeks where you could craft different weapons that had good stats/bonuses, so it was worth using gems for stamina refills. Then a couple weeks later they released slightly better weapons in a different event. The sidegrades were too blatant and you only get enough gems for 2-3 rolls per month so I just log in for bonuses now. I also kept logging in because they made it so your friends can't use your leader if you've been inactive for 3 days. :( Damn that game.

smbu2000

Yeah rates are still pretty bad, but the tutorial goes by a lot faster than PAD's and I think the post-tutorial roll is rigged to only give you 4* and higher eggs.

It's pretty interesting how gacha rates affect different games. LLSIF's 1% makes you never expect to get a UR card, but that game doesn't require you to beef up on the rarest cards so it doesn't matter if you get LLSIF.gif'd or not. Monstrike's low rates encourage local co-op because you're likely to only roll a few god-tier cards. Dragon Poker's 7% makes you actually afraid to roll since you know you'll get a SSS eventually but not how long it takes, and they devs actually hand out a choice of nine free SSS cards to new players. White Cat Project doesn't have a stamina meter but has separate gachas for both party members and equipment, which is probably how they're still #5 top grossing.
The post-tutorial roll does give out Silver eggs (3*) as well. The majority are 4* though. I tried many times when I started up my account until I finally got a 5* character. Luckily the tutorial is much faster than PAD, which takes forever.

There are Monsto events which give out only gold eggs though. 4* or higher. That would be a good time to start an account for a new user.

Top Bottom