• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Cels

got red sonia in 2 rolls last GF, got blue sonia this GF in 2 rolls

(other rolls, red riding hood, highlander - still feel pretty lucky though)

Some rolls

GrOdin (new!)
Freya (new)
Gabriel (new
Riding hood (new)
Mermaid (waste)
Three star trash not even worth remembering...

Might roll once more

Edit: forgot Gabriel

Second edit: last pull red Valkyrie... At least she is easy to skill up...

chrono01

Ugh, I have 59 Magic Stones and I'm tempted to pull more. I know I shouldn't, and that I'll likely get trash, but knowing that I only need a Blue Sonia and I'll have my team ready to go is frustrating. :/

Granted I could use a Freyr, Freyja, Idunn&Idunna too [don't have those yet], since I only have a Loki and Thor from the Norse Gods. As for Archangels, I have two Lucifer and two Michael, so I'd hate to roll another one of those...

I do have my Green Zhuge Liang team to work on, though. I have all of the members [Green Zhuge Liang, Sarutobi Sasuke, Archangel Michael, Kushinada, and Marine Rider], so maybe I can just focus on that instead and hope a Blue Sonia eventually makes its way to me.

smbu2000

Tried once more on my low account and got another Lu Bu. Not bad, I can use him with my current Lu Bu party.

Got the 300 day bonus for my main one, tried once more and got Bastet! Been hoping to get Bastet, so I'm very happy about that. Only bad thing is that the 31 dungeon was yesterday so I can't increase skill level. 13 turns is going to feel so slow. My new account Bastet is level 6 (8 turns.)

I now have Horus, Isis, Anubis and Bastet on my main account. Only need Ra to complete my Egyptian collection.

Dragon fruits in Tower of Heaven are refusing to drop for me today. I have seen at least 10 and no drops. DQXQ will be stuck unevolved for awhile I guess...

TsuXna

Finally!
Screenshot_2014_09_01_07_42_16.png
DQXQ op!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I pulled one more time and got a Dark Archdemon Lucifer. (Not part of the godfest? weird luck)
This any good? Getting a lot of dark devil guys, what's a good team I can do here?
I have a d/d batman, a loki, a yomi, and now this dark lucifer.

colinp

Banned
Two rolls:

Gabriel
Cinderella

I'll take Gabriel, I suppose! Best GF roll in months.

But, what can I use him for? His ult gives him healer, but his skill doesn't really go with a LValk.

I pulled one more time and got a Dark Archdemon Lucifer. (Not part of the godfest? weird luck)
This any good? Getting a lot of dark devil guys, what's a good team I can do here?
I have a d/d batman, a loki, a yomi, and now this dark lucifer.

Slightly missed the boat on him cause his skillup (which takes a shitload of feeds to max SL) is in the Evangelion Collab, but he's a great sub currently thanks to his awakenings and will be a great leader once his busties drop in the US.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Slightly missed the boat on him cause his skillup (which takes a shitload of feeds to max SL) is in the Evangelion Collab, but he's a great sub currently thanks to his awakenings and will be a great leader once his busties drop in the US.

Incredible timing :\ The colab will eventually return, yes?
And does he pair up nicely with loki and yomi?

chrono01

Speaking of, I have 50 Sixth Angels to evolve/feed to him. I'm already at Skill Level 10, so that should be enough, but you know how RNG can be sometimes...

I would have ran the higher difficulties for the pre-evolved ones, but I only have 89 Stamina so I thought Expert [and more chances at a drop] were better than going after the already evolved ones. I have time [and patience] to get the evolution materials, I just wanted as many as I could to safe-guard against not getting the max Skill Level. >_<

quin

i ran the evangelion dungeon well over 100 times for that skill-up. never again.

It is nice to have him max skilled though.

Speaking of, I have 50 Sixth Angels to evolve/feed to him. I'm already at Skill Level 10, so that should be enough, but you know how RNG can be sometimes...

I know what you mean on skill up RNG. This is by far the largest skill up cooldown I've gone after.

Final tally after Eva collab ended was skill level 13 with twenty sixth unevolved (about half max level). Of course I had gone into this week skill level 10, and the first feed gotten two skill ups, then I went 0-20 on skill up feeds on FALuci. So demoralizing.

Got a GrOdin during godfest, but at least his green Tama will be available eventually.

chrono01

I know what you mean on skill up RNG. This is by far the largest skill up cooldown I've gone after.

Final tally after Eva collab ended was skill level 13 with twenty sixth unevolved (about half max level). Of course I had gone into this week skill level 10, and the first feed gotten two skill ups, then I went 0-20 on skill up feeds on FALuci. So demoralizing.

Got a GrOdin during godfest, but at least his green Tama will be available eventually.
Yeah, it can be painful, haha.

I wish us both luck in fully skilling-up our FA Lucifer.

Quantum

this was the reason of my last unhappy post - I had run the heck out of the Eva dungeon - well over 40 feeds so far for skill level 8 on Fal - I have 42 more unevo that I guess I will work with over time - but demoralizing is the perfect word!

quin

Shit FA Lucifer active is amazing at turn 5 cooldown. I don't have him, though.

A year and a half ago he sat at the bottom of everyone's box unused but now he is a staple for so many teams.
I used to be so jealous of everyone who had Seraph Lucifer. How the times have changed.

I wonder what the future will be like.

am_dragon

2 rolls -

Berserk - Blue Valk skilled up so I'm not going to complain
Idunn&Idunna - First one. Good enough.

Now I have to figure out where to put Tamadra. My Pandora team; Pandora, Persephone, Hanzo, Vamp, Cerberus, is fully awoken, as is my primary Kirin team. What are some other good subs I have Chaos Dragon Knight, D/D Batman, Grape Dragon, Dumpty Alma, CDD, all seem ok, but are not awoken.

linsivvi

A year and a half ago he sat at the bottom of everyone's box unused but now he is a staple for so many teams.
I used to be so jealous of everyone who had Seraph Lucifer. How the times have changed.

I wonder what the future will be like.

The slimes could use another upgrade!

I'm glad to see the Dark Faerie dungeon will be here for a few weeks. One of my few REM monsters is Fuma Kotaro so having him max skilled will be awesome.

I feel like they can't boost their stats too much. They're already almost indispensable as subs simply due to their active skill.

quin

I think they are still so strong. Actually, dare I say, overkill

For anyone playing the Japanese version, the jewel invasion rate has been 1.5x since the start of the last event. If you're looking for jewels, now is the time. I'm getting about a 33% invasion rate. The second cycle just started today so if you missed a color last week you can try this week again

Jagernaut

What teams is ultimate Canopus good for? I'm making an ultimate Hadar for my Ronia team but haven't gathered extra Mechdragons for Canopus.

Can anyone put up a max-skilled Dark or Light Golem? I want to finally clear Legendary Earth challenge mode. And hopefully the other 2 people using max-skilled Grodins on my list don't change him either.

Max skilled my verche today, now the only one left is the pathetic fenrir knight.

Got the s rank first time through too. Bastet does make it eAsier if you can meet the atk requirements

Now I will be leveling my new GrOdin for a stat stick and those healing awakenings. Maybe I can actually take down zaerog!

Zero_IYAD

Can anyone put up a max-skilled Dark or Light Golem? I want to finally clear Legendary Earth challenge mode. And hopefully the other 2 people using max-skilled Grodins on my list don't change him either.
My Light Golem is at skill Lvl 4, it's Max leveled & fully awoken tho.
My G.Odin is Maxed fully (Lvl, skill Lvl, Awoken).

Let me know if any of these two could help.

I can put up my max skilled Grodin; he's only LV65 though.
Sure, just in case one of the other 2 on my list switch to something else. Thanks!
My Light Golem is at skill Lvl 4, it's Max leveled & fully awoken tho.
My G.Odin is Maxed fully (Lvl, skill Lvl, Awoken).

Let me know if any of these two could help.
Actually that'll work. I actually only need the Golem to be 12CD with all the skill boosts on the team. Thanks!

I really like how GH allows us to put up 2 helpers now. So people don't have to wait for others to enter dungeons before they go back to using whatever team they're running.

Zero_IYAD

Actually that'll work. I actually only need the Golem to be 12CD with all the skill boosts on the team. Thanks!

I really like how GH allows us to put up 2 helpers now. So people don't have to wait for others to enter dungeons before they go back to using whatever team they're running.
He's up :)

Thanks! But stupid me, I thought Golem started at 15CD so skill Lvl.4 would make it 12CD. I see yours is only at 14CD. Too high for the team. That's okay thanks for trying to help. And I got you back on my list at least. Must have accidentally deleted you or something since you don't have GAF in your handle. I actually found someone using Minerva, so I'm trying it with her. The only possible challenge is that only gives me 11 skill boosts instead of 12 so I had to sub out the fourth Grodin for a Rodin to get the extra skill boost. Which means I'll have to manually heal against the boss. We'll see how it goes...

edit:

Success! And I even got the Heavy Metal Dragon drop. It got precarious at one point when I ran out of Hearts and they just weren't dropping. Then I finally got some right before Zaerog attacked.

Team was:

Grodin
Grodin
Grodin
Rodin
Rodin
F/D Minerva

All were max-awoken/skilled but only the Grodins absolutely needed to be max-skilled.

J7QtDG3.png
tW6j9Hx.png

razterik

I can put up a max skill light golem if you need to try again, GC. No awakenings, but I can throw some Tama at him if necessary.

I can put up a max skill light golem if you need to try again, GC. No awakenings, but I can throw some Tama at him if necessary.
Thanks. I edited my post before seeing yours.

The only challenge dungeons I still need to clear are Legendary Seaway and Paradise of the Holy Beasts. Haven't really looked into those yet, since I wanted to do Legendary Earth first because it had an easy-mode team.

If anyone else wants to run challenge mode Legendary Earth though, I actually have my own max-skilled/awoken Golem I can put up, since no one puts those up otherwise. I also have max-skilled/awoken Grodin, though unfortunately challenge mode only lets you use 1 helper from the same friend. So you can't use both at the same time.

razterik

Glad you made it through. I did my run a couple weeks back. Also did Seaway challenge mode. Lead Megalodran, sub max skill Ra, two max skilled Grodin, two max skilled Kushi. It's not 100% safe since you need Ra to deal with kings each turn and too many green mobs can ruin your run. Ra can be Rodin or Shiva, who might be a better choice outside round one since his defense break will carry over if you get a double king floor. On the boss floor, you have to activate Kushi every time before the blue dragon attacks.

Just thought I'd mention, since I went non-IAP some months ago, I fell all the way to 0 stones at one point and as you can see, I currently have 81. That's purely from free event stones, dungeon clears, and milestone bonuses. And aside from the period that I was sitting at below 10 stones, I really haven't felt limited in playing the game. If a dungeon comes up that has skill-up monsters that I want to farm, I'll go ahead and spend a dozen stones or however many it takes to complete my skill-ups. That happens infrequently enough, that I usually get those stones back and then some by the time another skill-up dungeon I need comes around. I just pick and choose what I invest in more thoughtfully, instead of max-skilling/leveling everything I have, just because. I think it's much easier for me than it may be for others, since I'd already invested significant money and time building up my rank and monsters before going back to non-IAP. So, if I need to build a team, chances are I already have most/all of the needed monsters. I may just need to feed some TAMAs here and there for needed awakenings. Or blitz a Super Jewel/Metal dungeon to quickly level a needed monster I have.

Luckily my high rank gives me plenty of stamina for each stone I do use. I can run a 50 stam dungeon 4 times and wait about an hour for a fifth run on a single stamina bar. It would be nice to get closer to that 250 stam milestone, but my rank-ups have really slowed down since I'm not constantly farming KoG on weekends like I used to.

The single biggest thing that has allowed me to build a stash of stones and still make progress in the game, is NOT PULLING THE REM. Seriously, that slot machine is the biggest stone sink in the game. With the stones for a single pull, I could run a 50 stam dungeon 25+ times. That's easy to say for a player who's already pulled a majority of the REM-only monsters from it. You need to pull from it to get some of the better monsters, e.g., the Sonias, Odins, etc.. But if you can avoid doing so, then the free stones you get while playing PAD can go a long way. And you can still pull conservatively if you want to try your luck once in a while, and still come out ahead in stones.

linsivvi

Glad you made it through. I did my run a couple weeks back. Also did Seaway challenge mode. Lead Megalodran, sub max skill Ra, two max skilled Grodin, two max skilled Kushi. It's not 100% safe since you need Ra to deal with kings each turn and too many green mobs can ruin your run. Ra can be Rodin or Shiva, who might be a better choice outside round one since his defense break will carry over if you get a double king floor. On the boss floor, you have to activate Kushi every time before the blue dragon attacks.

Hmm, my Megalodran is only 1.5M xp from being max so I might try this later, if I can find the subs.

Just thought I'd mention, since I went non-IAP some months ago, I fell all the way to 0 stones at one point and as you can see, I currently have 81. That's purely from free event stones, dungeon clears, and milestone bonuses. And aside from the period that I was sitting at below 10 stones, I really haven't felt limited in playing the game. If a dungeon comes up that has skill-up monsters that I want to farm, I'll go ahead and spend a dozen stones or however many it takes to complete my skill-ups. That happens infrequently enough, that I usually get those stones back and then some by the time another skill-up dungeon I need comes around. I just pick and choose what I invest in more thoughtfully, instead of max-skilling/leveling everything I have, just because. I think it's much easier for me than it may be for others, since I'd already invested significant money and time building up my rank and monsters before going back to non-IAP. So, if I need to build a team, chances are I already have most/all of the needed monsters. I may just need to feed some TAMAs here and there for needed awakenings. Or blitz a Super Jewel/Metal dungeon to quickly level a needed monster I have.

Luckily my high rank gives me plenty of stamina for each stone I do use. I can run a 50 stam dungeon 4 times and wait about an hour for a fifth run on a single stamina bar. It would be nice to get closer to that 250 stam milestone, but my rank-ups have really slowed down since I'm not constantly farming KoG on weekends like I used to.

The single biggest thing that has allowed me to build a stash of stones and still make progress in the game, is NOT PULLING THE REM. Seriously, that slot machine is the biggest stone sink in the game. With the stones for a single pull, I could run a 50 stam dungeon 25+ times. That's easy to say for a player who's already pulled a majority of the REM-only monsters from it. You need to pull from it to get some of the better monsters, e.g., the Sonias, Odins, etc.. But if you can avoid doing so, then the free stones you get while playing PAD can go a long way. And you can still pull conservatively if you want to try your luck once in a while, and still come out ahead in stones.

Yeah. I have only pulled the REM twice this year I think: the player choice fest and the one with the Three Kingdom subs. Once I have a couple top tier leaders I released I don't need to pull the REM at all. There are almost always farmable substitutes for the subs.

I also only skill up monsters that I absolutely need to skill up, since that's the second biggest stone sink in the game. Most of my stones are spent on clearing descend runs or energy refresh for things like King Carnivals, +egg dungeons, etc.

I actually tried that team once and got stomped by a couple of Emerald Pengdras. It's pretty much impossible if you run into 2 or more of those on the same floor no matter what skills you have charged. So, yeah, it takes some luck. I think Ra is still better than Shiva due to his 9CD compared to Shiva's 22CD. Some times you just don't have time to recharge skills when you need to kill a mob or face death. If you desperately/accidentally clear a floor before skills are recharged, and run into a random King, you have a better chance of surviving until Ra is charged than Shiva.

Jagernaut

Thanks. I edited my post before seeing yours.

The only challenge dungeons I still need to clear are Legendary Seaway and Paradise of the Holy Beasts. Haven't really looked into those yet, since I wanted to do Legendary Earth first because it had an easy-mode team.

If anyone else wants to run challenge mode Legendary Earth though, I actually have my own max-skilled/awoken Golem I can put up, since no one puts those up otherwise. I also have max-skilled/awoken Grodin, though unfortunately challenge mode only lets you use 1 helper from the same friend. So you can't use both at the same time.

I saw a video of a mostly +297 and max skilled Haku team challenge clear of Paradise of the Holy Beasts.

D/D Haku
Echidna
DA Lucifer
Lu Bu
D/W Batman
D/D Haku

Edit. Found the link

http://youtu.be/jkGe7lG3tXk

Top Bottom