• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

You can always sit on it until a good leader rolls around. I had two light Noels and popped them when I rolled a Kirin and maxed her instantly; I have two red Noels saved up for the same purpose right now.

Zombine

Banned
You still get 1 million exp out of it, if you have nothing else that can benefit the exp bonus then no point on sitting on it.

Well see, I'm level 100 with a team that looks like this:

Extant R Sonia Lv 45
R Sonia Lv 31
King Baddie Lv 42
Witch of the Night, Lilith Lv 34
Chaos Devil Dragon Lv 28

And I have my Dark Evo Shiva, Drawn Joker, and Vampire lord sidelined until I can afford a team change.

I also have my Kirin fully evolved and all the pieces to that team evolved but I can't afford it right now

Edit: and I have Lu Bu unevolved.

Jagernaut

More S ranks. Green pirate saved me on floor 9 of Light Mechdragon. I used Ronias on floors 5, 9, 10 and Lightning Chaser invade on floor 7.
LXWvWBK.jpg

2.5 rarity was automatic S rank for Blade of Justice.

lklMWuL.jpg

Ducarmel

Is a stacked Lu Bu team as easy mode as R Sonia is?

I don't see much a difference between the two if we were to match up the best Lu bu team with the best Ronia team, probably Ronia is slightly better because of the awakenings

Just pointing out with your current rank 100 and team cost of 116 you will be able to field

Divine Flying General, Lu Bu / Drawn Joker / Duke Vampire Lord / un-evolve Ronia / CDD / Lu bu or Ronia friend

So you can use Drawn Joker and Vampire Lord right now if you want.

Around rank 120 if you choose you can busty Drawn Joker and Vampire for the extra stats, or better yet replace un-evolve Ronia with Busty Ronia for the extra stats and awakenings. Or at that point switch to Busty Ronia as your lead and Lu bu as your sub assuming you decide not to ultimate evolve Drawn Joker and Duke Vampire Lord.

Nothing wrong with Ronia just that Lu Bu is a bit more optimal at your rank, you are able to have two more orb changers with better stats then king baddie and Lilith.

Ducarmel

If it happens its typically the last day, but it has happened before where x2 is in the middle of the event but we would have known by now already.

jay23

What are the best non rem subs for a devil team? I'll be using lu bu starter and ronia friend.

And already have a vampire lord btw

Edit: saw that post above, who's cdd?

Jagernaut

What are the best non rem subs for a devil team? I'll be using lu bu starter and ronia friend.

And already have a vampire lord btw

Edit: saw that post above who's cdd?

CDD = Chaos Devil Dragon. Some good non rem devil subs:

King Baddie
Drawn Joker
Hera Ur
Lilith
Hera and Hera Is (for gravity)
Cerberus
Ultimate Hadar
Beelzebub

jay23

Wish I had the pieces for that, I'm only at Oceanus falls.

I can only farm for Lil black dragon and Lilith, just got a king baddie today.

Wish I had the pieces for that, I'm only at Oceanus falls.

I can only farm for Lil black dragon and Lilith, just got a king baddie today.
The Drawn Joker dungeon needs to show up soon. He's the last piece I need for several descend teams, in addition to being a good Lu Bu sub.

colinp

Banned
Aww, all my Kirin friends have ult evo'd her so I can no longer bring her along to try Sandolphon with a Kirin team. Damn, not sure how I'll try tackling him next go around.

Hige

Aww, all my Kirin friends have ult evo'd her so I can no longer bring her along to try Sandolphon with a Kirin team. Damn, not sure how I'll try tackling him next go around.
I know that feel. The first time around it seemed most of my friends didn't have the ult version yet. I can put up F/L Horus if you want to try with that?

I wanted to farm the Kirin jewel from it today, but most of the PADX suggestions require a bind clear of some sort. I think I 1 or 2 stoned it the first time since I just wanted the drop, but I wanted something more consistent for farming.

colinp

Banned
I know that feel. The first time around it seemed most of my friends didn't have the ult version yet. I can put up F/L Horus if you want to try with that?

I wanted to farm the Kirin jewel from it today, but most of the PADX suggestions require a bind clear of some sort. I think I 1 or 2 stoned it the first time since I just wanted the drop, but I wanted something more consistent for farming.

No it's alright, thanks though! Maybe next time. I ended up using my stamina on Sapphire dungeons instead, which is probably more beneficial than another failed Sandalphon run. ;)

smbu2000

So the new GF started on the JP PAD and...
Seriously? Another freaking LMetatron! I already had 3 of them and now I get another on this one... One more and I can make an all LMetatron team...

Also got a new god, Sarasvati, on this one. Now if I can make a water party. If only she was a healer, then I could put her in my existing Water Healing party. (Idunna, BValk, Hatsume, LMetatron and...)

My middle account (iPad) just got (Wood) Zhuge Liang (nice) as well as Krishna. I just wish his skill went more with his leader skill. I only have one other wood attacker character (Michael). I guess I could use him as a sub in my DMetatron party.

Main account wasn't so hot: Another Liu Bei and Sleeping Beauty. I'll have to try again tomorrow when I get my 300 day bonus.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Rolled twice. One junk roll of a red golem and now I just got a Idunna. Wanted a thor though :( Might roll once more tomorrow, am 1 stone short which will be provided whenever the mail comes in.
This Idunna twin thing any good if I only have a dark team and a DQXQ team? Her ult sub is healer so maybe I can use her on DQXQ. I dunno.

Hige

I didn't realize the next JP survey was already taking place. I took a quick glance at the twitter votes, and it seems like maybe LMeta or Genbu skill ups for boss and Sasuke skill ups for regular floors. Dat Athena/Zhuge Liang influence.

chrono01

I figured I'd pull a few times in the Godfest and see how things end up.

As always, I really wanted a Blue Sonia...

Red Riding Hood
Genie [Dupe]
Snow White
Loki
Siren [Ugh!]
Archangel Lucifer [Dupe - I stopped here]

I'm happy with the Loki, but everything else was kind of a disappointment. Not sure I'll ever get that Blue Sonia...

Ducarmel

yolo pull

Red Dragon Caller, Sonia

Pretty excited about it, I have most of her subs and I can run Pandora more often now.

I have not tried to skill up any body in a while I think I will be busy the next 2 weeks farming Pandora and Ronia skill ups.

Jagernaut

3 pulls.

1.Hermes - wanted him but have to wait for Batman dungeon for skillups, wish I could transfer skill level from max skilled S. Grundy.

2. Machine golem - crap, but Dark Golem Mk 3 got a skillup.

3. Sarutobi Sasuke - good, only missing red and light ninjas now.

No godfest featured gods and only 1 (Sasuke) from Fairy Tale Bonus Event.

Not sure if I should spend my ten stones on a couple of pulls or on skilling up a Verche and ADK. I'm not really in desperate need of either but who knows when they'll show up again. It sucks that these survey dungeons are so scarce now.

MikeDip

Pulled again this morning and got Freyja.

Someone tell me what to do with these two norse gods I got (Freyja and Idunn). No good on a DQXQ team right?

Ducarmel

Pulled again this morning and got Freyja.

Someone tell me what to do with these two norse gods I got (Freyja and Idunn). No good on a DQXQ team right?

As subs for DQXQ they are fillers or situational if you need to make a mostly green or blue team for DQXQ, but the type of situation where you would need that kind of build is rare or not even worth spending your time to even build such a situational team.

I have Loki second ultimate but Freyja second ultimate has a better synergy with a lot of the better balance types farmable or REM

I&I mono blue healer teams are probably the best healer teams in the game, but its all REM subs.

MikeDip

As subs for DQXQ they are fillers or situational if you need to make a mostly green or blue team for DQXQ, but the type of situation where you would need that kind of build is rare or not even worth spending your time to even build such a situational team.

I have Loki second ultimate but Freyja second ultimate has a better synergy with a lot of the better balance types farmable or REM

I&I mono blue healer teams are probably the best healer teams in the game, but its all REM subs.

I actually really like blue monsters and saw some amazing blue healer team examples while looking up what to do with my Idunn. Gonna work on that I guess, although it will take extreme luck.

I also got a Loki last time a godfest came out, was gonna make a mono dark with that. I have 3 norse gods and not the Thor I want haha.
Maybe I could do a balanced team? Would a team with loki, freyja, b/b idunn, a d/d yomi and some other stuff work nice? I kinda wanted to make my yomi d/l but then it isn't balanced :(

Yolo roll: Idunn&Idunna.

Question who should I be using as a leader?

I now have Bastet, Idunn&Idunna, Pandora, and DQXQ.

Who would u focus on? recently ive been using bastet, but idunn and idunna seems a bettee healer leader. I now have sandalphon, too.

Ducarmel

I also got a Loki last time a godfest came out, was gonna make a mono dark with that. I have 3 norse gods and not the Thor I want haha.
Maybe I could do a balanced team? Would a team with loki, freyja, b/b idunn, a d/d yomi and some other stuff work nice? I kinda wanted to make my yomi d/l but then it isn't balanced :(

since Loki and Freyja active skills work only for there main attribute I would try to stick to a mono color as much as possible.

You can build farmable balance teams they should be good enough for late game stuff and easy descends, but for the harder descend you will likely need REM subs like Artemis, Genbu, Green Sonia, for their stats, orb changing and awakenings. I have seen Loki gameplay with mostly green subs but he still need Green Sonia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shl-2r4AfgM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVXF2Go0a68

Freyja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfuOBp81t1Y

This vid is interesting Freyja team taking on Takeminakata
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmQWXneFNM

Yolo roll: Idunn&Idunna.

Question who should I be using as a leader?

I now have Bastet, Idunn&Idunna, Pandora, and DQXQ.

Who would u focus on? recently ive been using bastet, but idunn and idunna seems a bettee healer leader. I now have sandalphon, too.

Cant say without knowing what you have in your box, all 4 of those gods are great in their own way.

In terms of which teams you can build the easiest/fastest, would be Bastet and DQXQ, Bastet being the easiest since you can use any sub just fill you team with whatever works for you or you can go with farmable healer team. DQXQ has a lot of farmalbe subs some easy to get some a bit harder. Both can be upgraded with REM subs as you get them.

Pandora and I&I healer both need specific subs to be worth the time to build a team for. I have I&I and I''m missing all of her must have subs. I also have Pandora and only missing one god for the perfect Pandora team but what I got is competent enough.

MikeDip

Thanks for all the advice! I'm probably gonna focus on my dqxq team and start a fun mono dark. Then worry about these new gods later.

I just really wanna use my yomi. I'm still trying to shoehorn it into a dqxq team somehow, but now with Loki too I could do a decent dark yeah?

Jagernaut

I decided to roll 2 more times and got:

1. Drall - ok, completes my toy dragon collection.

2. evolved Idun&Idunna! - great, I can make a nice blue healer team. Only missing blue Valkyrie.

I&I
Sun Quan
Hatsume
Siren
???

Zombine

Banned
Pulled my 2nd Freyr, got my first Lucifer (about 6 months too late), and Apollo, who surprised me because I didn't think he was a part of the event. I may throw Ult Apollo on my Kirin team when I can afford it.

Quantum

I am so tempted to feed all of my rem pulls to a golem at this point.

(I won't - but I'm really tired of seeing what JP is getting compared to our game, and I think I'm non-iap from now on - easier said then done I know.)

Ducarmel

Here's my monster box now.

You have a decent amount of orb changers, that helps with Bastet, and you got all the farmable healer subs for healer Bastet. So I would stick with her for now.

DQXQ farrmable healer also works, she is also easier to activate then Bastet so maybe use her if your having a hard time with bastet. Eventually you will want to build an all light row enhancement team for DQXQ.

I posted this suggestion when ask some time ago

Maybe an alternative to your healer DQXQ team would be to build an all light row enhancement team

farmable subs include

Divigon from gift dungeon or Izanami descended
Lemon dragon also from gift dungeon which we have not gotten yet.
Unicorn
Himi Udon
Tiny Alma
Sandalphon
Hera-Sowilo
Mephisto when we get him

You can make a poverty Pandora team with Hamahime, Vamp, Mystic Dark Knight, Chaos Dark Dragon for orb changing. Tiamat, Batman, Satan for awakenings or skill.

MikeDip

Can someone explain how row enhance works? If I do a dqxq row enhance team how many do I want? How exactly do they stack? I wanna get rid of this damn shynee and this might be the way to do it.

I see it says it adds 10% but then what?

Can someone explain how row enhance works? If I do a dqxq row enhance team how many do I want? How exactly do they stack? I wanna get rid of this damn shynee and this might be the way to do it.

IIRC you need 4 row enhances of a color to make it superior in damage than just making 2 sets of 3 orbs.

Here is a good guide showing the math of row enhance.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=36686

razterik

Did you run the spirit jewel dungeon? You can get a green one from there if you're patient.

That's where my light jewel came from. So I'll have to look elsewhere. It'll be a while before I get her leveled up enough for it to matter anyway.

Here's my monster box now.

Please put quote tags around your image tags. It helps control the image size.

One more NA pull: gold egg!

Drawn joker. Stupid fairy tale event.

linsivvi

Each row enhance adds 10% to your damage for every row matched.

So if you have 8 row enhances and you match 1 row, your damage is multiplied by 1.8x.
If you have 10 row enhances and you match 2 rows, you damage is multiplied by 3x.

Since it's also mass attack, it's extremely broken in dungeons with more than 1 boss, like trifruit.

Top Bottom