• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I saw a video of a mostly +297 and max skilled Haku team challenge clear of Paradise of the Holy Beasts.

D/D Haku
Echidna
DA Lucifer
Lu Bu
D/W Batman
D/D Haku

Edit. Found the link

http://youtu.be/jkGe7lG3tXk
Thanks. I know there are a lot of teams that can pull it off with enough skill and luck, but I'm hoping to figure out an easier team if someone else hasn't already. That Haku player barely beat it with a few close deaths. Wonder how many tries it took.

Zero_IYAD

Just thought I'd mention, since I went non-IAP some months ago, I fell all the way to 0 stones at one point and as you can see, I currently have 81. That's purely from free event stones, dungeon clears, and milestone bonuses. And aside from the period that I was sitting at below 10 stones, I really haven't felt limited in playing the game. If a dungeon comes up that has skill-up monsters that I want to farm, I'll go ahead and spend a dozen stones or however many it takes to complete my skill-ups. That happens infrequently enough, that I usually get those stones back and then some by the time another skill-up dungeon I need comes around. I just pick and choose what I invest in more thoughtfully, instead of max-skilling/leveling everything I have, just because. I think it's much easier for me than it may be for others, since I'd already invested significant money and time building up my rank and monsters before going back to non-IAP. So, if I need to build a team, chances are I already have most/all of the needed monsters. I may just need to feed some TAMAs here and there for needed awakenings. Or blitz a Super Jewel/Metal dungeon to quickly level a needed monster I have.

Luckily my high rank gives me plenty of stamina for each stone I do use. I can run a 50 stam dungeon 4 times and wait about an hour for a fifth run on a single stamina bar. It would be nice to get closer to that 250 stam milestone, but my rank-ups have really slowed down since I'm not constantly farming KoG on weekends like I used to.

The single biggest thing that has allowed me to build a stash of stones and still make progress in the game, is NOT PULLING THE REM. Seriously, that slot machine is the biggest stone sink in the game. With the stones for a single pull, I could run a 50 stam dungeon 25+ times. That's easy to say for a player who's already pulled a majority of the REM-only monsters from it. You need to pull from it to get some of the better monsters, e.g., the Sonias, Odins, etc.. But if you can avoid doing so, then the free stones you get while playing PAD can go a long way. And you can still pull conservatively if you want to try your luck once in a while, and still come out ahead in stones.
Since you brought this up, I have to agree with you.
I think the last time I pulled them REM was when I got my R.Odin in April.
I was down to 4 stones & skilled up tons of monsters since then & as you can see, I still got me >30 stones -& I still barely went through Challenge Mode-.

The game is actually VERY generous compared to the days I started playing..
& you can agree with me it was even way much strict in the days you started playing the game.

I believe I have the necessary variety of monsters to take down almost anything we got so far.
Ranking up sure is slow now, but hey, who'd complain once their stamina exceed 150?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I did some challenge dungeons to get 5 more stones and puled again :\

Got an Uriel. Happy it's a god but I keep getting the ones I don't want. Is Uriel good?

From the archangels I wanted gabriel, from the norse I wanted Thor. From this godfest I got
Idunn, Freyja, FA lucifer, and Uriel. Nothing for my DQXQ :(

linsivvi

sm07SZZ.png

Pretty straightforward.

colinp

Banned
Went to a festival at a local shrine last night and along the entrance they had lanterns decorated by local kids. Thought you guys would like this one:

This was the only PAD one. There were a lot of Pokemon and Yokai Watch related ones, too. Pretty fun!

Hige

Watch them introduce Baby Hera. No active skill, 250k exp to max and requires rainbow + dark keeper to evolve. The sad part is that wouldn't surprise me.

I think my megazord mechdragon might get a permanent spot on my ronia team. Grest stats, dark/red colors and pretty good awakenings. Now just need to up my cost cause he is pricey.

Diodiablo

Banned
Quick question. Got a second Ronia and I'm using her as a sub, it would be better to evolve her for the increased stats/awake or keep her unevolved to use her active in no dupes dungeons?

Quick question. Got a second Ronia and I'm using her as a sub, it would be better to evolve her for the increased stats/awake or keep her unevolved to use her active in no dupes dungeons?
Awakens are a part of what makes Ronia so good. Just pair with a Lu Bu in the handful of dungeons barring dupes.

Jagernaut

hanzo leads
dtron
uvo gryps
anubis
king flamie.

tho probably if i ever get my lilith maxed i could switch gryps for her. i prefer always having a bit more rcv.

The Hanzo team is good for Gold Keeper but I've switched to Ronia now, it's faster.

Ronia
Ronia
Ronia
Devil Haku
King Baddie (Lu Bu would be better)
Ronia

chrono01

Went to a festival at a local shrine last night and along the entrance they had lanterns decorated by local kids. Thought you guys would like this one:

This was the only PAD one. There were a lot of Pokemon and Yokai Watch related ones, too. Pretty fun!
Haha, that's great.

Thanks for sharing!

SaintR

I think my megazord mechdragon might get a permanent spot on my ronia team. Grest stats, dark/red colors and pretty good awakenings. Now just need to up my cost cause he is pricey.
He's a main stay on my Ronia team so much so that I'm putting my +eggs on him now on my quest to my full +297 Ronia team. I was trying to save them for my a future lu bu or haku but I deciceded I'm not pulling for a good while.

He's a main stay on my Ronia team so much so that I'm putting my +eggs on him now on my quest to my full +297 Ronia team. I was trying to save them for my a future lu bu or haku but I deciceded I'm not pulling for a good while.

King baddie or megazord Hadar? Other three spots are D/D Haku, FA Luci, devil shiva (to not waste a majority red Ronia skill). All of them are fully awoken (except for the king baddie). FA Luci has 13 skill ups, Haku, shiva and Hadar have 1 skill up, Ronia and king baddie have no skill ups.

This goes to four red row enhance (just enough to make it worth it for a majority red Ronia skill), seven row enhancements for dark (with Hadar, 6 without), 9 skill cooldown awakenings (with Hadar, 8 without).

Hadar adds A lot of atk and hp, but outside of FA Luci rcv sucks on this team, Ronia leader skill helps but it's still terrible.

Yeah Il have him, baddie, haku and belial for some red enhancements. I'd like Lubu and Shiva but pulls have been terrible lately.

SaintR

King baddie or megazord Hadar? Other three spots are D/D Haku, FA Luci, devil shiva (to not waste a majority red Ronia skill). All of them are fully awoken (except for the king baddie). FA Luci has 13 skill ups, Haku, shiva and Hadar have 1 skill up, Ronia and king baddie have no skill ups.

This goes to four red row enhance (just enough to make it worth it for a majority red Ronia skill), seven row enhancements for dark (with Hadar, 6 without), 9 skill cooldown awakenings (with Hadar, 8 without).

Hadar adds A lot of atk and hp, but outside of FA Luci rcv sucks on this team, Ronia leader skill helps but it's still terrible.
On Hadar because his awakenings are so good with prong and row enhance but baddie should've been what I went first but since I don't have a haku shiva or lu bu I got to have a makeshift Ronia team with non-REM. Now only if I can max skill Stratios Zeus....
Edit: but the right thing is to put +eggs on baddie and feed him if/when you do pull a better REM mob and raise another baddie

Yeah Il have him, baddie, haku and belial for some red enhancements. I'd like Lubu and Shiva but pulls have been terrible lately.
I've been too lucky in earlier PAD career pulls that my luck has run out in terms of devil specific pulls.

Woohoo. I have now beaten all the normal dungeons. Seaway was the last one. I'm super stoked about that. Now for challenge mode. haha
Congrats!

chrono01

I just saw three Baby Tamadra in two runs of Pengdra village, two times of which they were alone with a single Pengdra.

Neither dropped.

Rage. All my rage.

Also, had 21 Pulls on the Pal Egg Machine [hoping for a single Blue Mask so I can Ultimate EVO my Marine Rider for my Zhuge Liang team], and I didn't get it. I'm not exactly interested in leveling/awakening my Lucifer just for it, but I suppose I might as well. I could always try to run it with my Kirin team...

Actually, maybe Bastet might be better. I can run with her as Leader, as well as Kirin, Kushinada, Zhuge Liang, [Filler], and another Bastet as my Friend. That will give me 100% Skill Resist as well as Green being the overwhelming type. I already have them all Awoken too, so no need to use any more Tamadra. I just need to increase the level of a few of them first.

Good news: PAL was kind enough to grant me the evo mats for Horus ult, Siren ult, and LHD ult.

Bad news: I'm now 0/5 in trying to get a GREAT/SUPER with snowglobe feeds

FZZ

Banned
Ended up spending the ten stones I got for 200 days to beat Zeus Descended lol.

Anyways now that I got Zeus I was just wondering if you guys would recommend evoing him to Zeus Stratios because of the two prong awakenings he got recently. I have three devilits I got from the PAL egg machine and I'll be able to tackle Super Metal Dragons Thursday. I'm mainly wondering if a Stratios team is viable.

For reference I've only been using a Misato&AAA Wunder team for a majority of the game to tackle normal, technical, and descended dungeons. REM hasn't been kind to me.

Ducarmel

Ended up spending the ten stones I got for 200 days to beat Zeus Descended lol.

Anyways now that I got Zeus I was just wondering if you guys would recommend evoing him to Zeus Stratios because of the two prong awakenings he got recently. I have three devilits I got from the PAL egg machine and I'll be able to tackle Super Metal Dragons Thursday. I'm mainly wondering if a Stratios team is viable.

For reference I've only been using a Misato&AAA Wunder team for a majority of the game to tackle normal, technical, and descended dungeons. REM hasn't been kind to me.

Do you have 2 or 3 max awoken Gryps Rider Vector Finn, and a max awoken Hanzo? The 2 prong attack teams shine when the whole team has two prong attack awakenings not just the leader.

Kodama/Green Chaser won the survey dungeon vote as predicted.

This is actually not to terrible, currently the only way to get Kodamas are PAL, Tengu, and that Light Samurai Dragon dungeon (an the drops are terrible). Any more regular appearance is welcome.

Shine sprite is kind of worthless to me, Fuma is ok, but I don't use him... Focused on Green Odin Evo (achieved), ultimate EVO (need Dub green lit), max awakening (have a few s ranks to go after and the remaining free Tamas).

Fuma I might work on after today (need those Super Emeralds)

Jagernaut

I just pulled a Sasuke in the godfest so the new survey dungeon is good for me.

I have ultimate evolved Raphael, Hadar, and Ifrit in the last few days and just need a few materials to ultimate evolve Sasuke and Idun&Idunna.

razterik

This is actually not to terrible, currently the only way to get Kodamas are PAL, Tengu, and that Light Samurai Dragon dungeon (an the drops are terrible). Any more regular appearance is welcome.

Shine sprite is kind of worthless to me, Fuma is ok, but I don't use him... Focused on Green Odin Evo (achieved), ultimate EVO (need Dub green lit), max awakening (have a few s ranks to go after and the remaining free Tamas).

Fuma I might work on after today (need those Super Emeralds)

Neneko is in Tengu. Kodama is in Gaia and new love dragon descend. Also in both fire/light samurai. I maxed my first Sasuke way back then and didn't think the drop rate was that bad. Either way, I'll take an easier way to max my second.

Dark sprite is a good low cost dark sub or leader, especially with a few skill ups.

Neneko is in Tengu. Kodama is in Gaia and new love dragon descend. Also in both fire/light samurai. I maxed my first Sasuke way back then and didn't think the drop rate was that bad. Either way, I'll take an easier way to max my second.

Dark sprite is a good low cost dark sub or leader, especially with a few skill ups.

you are right neneko is in Tengu. I tried to max my sasuke with the samurai dungeon, and I had a lot of trouble with the Gaia dungeon.

I have one evolved dark sprite, but it's bad enough trying to evolve Haku skill ups than her...

Jagernaut

finally got an Angelit from PAL machine... is it worth it to busty LTron?

I don't have her but definitely yes. Her leader skill goes from 3.5x atk when above 80% hp to 3.5x atk when above 50% hp. Easier to stay in the attack zone. You also get an extra skill boost awakening.

Top Bottom