• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

So you will get new stones for the descends and biweekly dungeons once they become regular. Great news.
Does this mean that those of us who never got stone for the original dungeon will only get one (from the new normal)? I think I've beaten each of those descends but not all the biweeklies...

linsivvi

My 0-stone Noah team:

Horus/Echidna/Cu Chulainn/Valk/Hera/Isis

Isis satisfies the color restriction as well as providing bind protection. Round 2 is perfect for stalling though I didn't stall for Hera. Used Echinda in round 4 and against Noah right before her final attack.

0 stoned Noah mythical, Kirin leads, yomi, GrOdin, physical Karin, echidna.

Stalled five turns at the pengdras because they were all off sync, took two turns to 25x the light fairy, took all three turns against the chimeras (no 25x first turn, and then two turns of 25x to kill), blue aurora dragon died in three turns (it helped that it bound yomi on it's first turn, the only sub I didn't need to activate 25x). If Any other sub had been bounds or I couldn't match 25x after she dropped below 75% I would have had to stone here.

Noah I popped echidna first turn, then both kirins and CTW. Got her down below 50% first turn and then it was simple to burst down before menace ended.

It wasn't terrible, and I probably would have run a U&Y team instead if any were on my friends list (that blue drop increase would be killer with two high level blue characters.

I'm looking for opinions on +egg use. I have about 80 saved up and can't decide how to go about using them. Should I go ahead and invest in one of my good leaders or invest in a sub that will be on lots of teams (Valk,Echidna, etc)?

I have DQXQ, Lu Bu and UmiYama as far as good leads go. DQXQ is my primary lead at the moment, but UmiYama will be useful down the road for descends, and a solid Lu Bu team seems like it would be really good. I already have Echidna, but I haven't picked up Valkerie yet (though I'll hopefully be able to pick her up next time she comes around, assuming Hera shows up first).

Any thoughts?

Quantum

I'm looking for opinions on +egg use. I have about 80 saved up and can't decide how to go about using them. Should I go ahead and invest in one of my good leaders or invest in a sub that will be on lots of teams (Valk,Echidna, etc)?

I have DQXQ, Lu Bu and UmiYama as far as good leads go. DQXQ is my primary lead at the moment, but UmiYama will be useful down the road for descends, and a solid Lu Bu team seems like it would be really good. I already have Echidna, but I haven't picked up Valkerie yet (though I'll hopefully be able to pick her up next time she comes around, assuming Hera shows up first).

Any thoughts?

I've put a lot into my DQXQ. I now primarily use Lmeta as a lead and use DQXQ as a sub and in the future I think I will work on a row enh god team for DQXQ.

the further I progress in the game the more I depend on +'s to help with the crappy healer HP - I guess I would recommend using them on a mob you intend to use both as a lead and a sub - the reason I've put a lot into DQXQ.

another arguement I see a lot is to use +'s on an Echidna - she's used on a lot of teams.

Ducarmel

Any thoughts?

Echidna is the safe bet.

She does not synergies well with the 3 main leads your working on but at least she is so useful it does not matter if she does not fit on the team.

You could always feed her away for the plus eggs and get another one if she every outlives her usefulness.

Jagernaut

Easy clear of Noah - Legend with a double Horus team but she didn't drop. I used my max skilled Sun Quan instead of Echidna, can't have 3 fire monsters. I'll try Mythical later.

11UpE4j.jpg

Echidna for plus eggs. She's honestly the best thing in the game, sub-wise.

She's on so many different teams, and besides descends with a lot of no status ailment bosses she's pretty much useful on *any* team.

Tobe

im so tempted to iap, the amount of super dragons coming its easy levels on almost all elements besides light.

thinking of a red attacker team, so far i have leilan, ame un no uzume, phoenix, dino rider, asuka, caocao what aother options do i have (no i dont have ares, misato, or rodin :( )

Ducarmel

Drop% x2 my ass, spent well over 200+ stamina today and did not get even one black fairy. Lost all confidence spending stones on this.

Ducarmel

I got like 6 and sold them because I don't have a Pandora lol

grand total of one gold pirate though, which of course I actually need
sigh

I max skilled a gold pirate for fun and been selling or feeding the rest.

I'm still gonna stone for a refresh hopefully it was just bad luck.

Jagernaut

1 stoned Noah Mythical with the same team as before. I used delay a little too early and couldn't finish her before the big attack. I continued and beat her the next turn. Pretty straightforward dungeon, no shitty gimmicks.

I only bring out Horus for descends. Hitting 25x is nice but I wish I had Izanagi for a 1 turn boost to 50x.

coy

Has PnD always required 5 magic stones to rare summon. I swear it only required 1 at one point.

I cannot recall a time when it was not 5. The time I played on JPN I believe it was the same.

I just realized I never grabbed a Canopus the times it has cycled thru including the most recent. No Hadar for Ronia dark team.

Dragon dungeons opened in JP; Mechdragons are placed above Hill of Iris and Legendary Dragons above KOG. Not sure if those are indicative of when they unlock.

Cleared Noah legend using double Bastet. Mythical using Ra+Horus, had no Ra friends available. Pretty neat dungeon. Yomi da real MVP.

4 total black fairy so far. That's no good.

linsivvi

Dragon dungeons opened in JP; Mechdragons are placed above Hill of Iris and Legendary Dragons above KOG. Not sure if those are indicative of when they unlock.

From what I've read,

Ocean of Heaven -> Legendary Dragons -> Sky Dragons -> Hera -> Heroes.
Hill of Iris' Rainbow -> Mechdragons -> Ancient Dragons -> Zeus

Do you know if these dungeons have challenge mode too?

am_dragon

I spent a bunch of stones farming Pandora's skillup on 2x, and amelits on friday to level her. So far I'm 4/22 with 10 unevo'ed black fairies in my box. Need mats.

The drop rate on amelits in the Friday Dungeon is no better than the fairy drop rate. I ended up running 1/2 stam Dungeon of Darkness Friday night. In 10 runs or 30 stamina I had farmed 8 amelits which was as many as I had pulled out of Shrine of Sprites after 300 stamina.

Dragon Flowers at lest drop every time when plants are at 2x rate.

Ducarmel

Yeah getting evo material through normal dungeon on bonus drops rate seem to be the better option more runs, more exp, and even chance to get +eggs. Thursdays being the exception, but sometimes I would run Dragons of the tower for plants.

I hope one day they add a new tier of normal dungeons that drop keepers.

S ranked Gunma, now all of my project awakenings are done. Time to evo more stuff and awaken that (or grape dragon).

So this event, I snagged, evolved, then ultimate evolved and fully awoke GrOdin, fully awoke and ultimate evolved Raphael, max skilled verche, got four more skill ups on FALuci and got noah.
Fairly productive event

razterik

My squad telling Noah what they think of her "no dragons" policy for the Ark:

Got Pandora to skill 4 yesterday before running out of dark lits. Have ten fairies waiting and will finish during next 2x. Also max skilled Gabriel last night. I hope Poring comes back soon so I can skill Blue Valk and finish my I&I team.

J0dy77

Cleared Noah with Horus/Kirin on Legend and Mythical. I used a stone on Legend after getting orb trolled badly on Noah (no drop). Then zero stoned mythical since there wasn't a big difference in difficulty. Fun dungeon, stalled on rounds 2 and 5. Had enough time to stall for Hera-IS. With minor gravity, gravity and yomi she went down really easy on Mythical.

Edit: did you guys see the new Susano and Viper busties? Susano gets 1800 attack and 400 rcv. Insanely better on my Horus team where he was already a staple. Bad ass artwork on both too.

Kreed

AppBank stream - Ult U&Y

ljshSzW.jpg

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=134
http://minpuzz.com/blog-entry-3996.html

Izangagi and Ame got screwed, they did not get extra awakenings.

I don't have U&Y but patiently waiting for Kushinada busty.

This was expected since Kirin got the same "upgrade" (no leader skill change), and I'm expecting the third Kirin clone from the Indian 2 series to get the same. Remember that Kirin's upgrade was announced as a "new type" of Ultimate to excuse them not giving her a leader skill change.

Izangagi and Ame no Uzume got leader skill changes, so they didn't get extra awakenings to compensate.

Ducarmel

Your right, I forgot about that.

I guess I should expect kushinada to get 3 more awakenings I don't see how they could make her leader skill better without breaking the game.

razterik

Wasn't Izanagi due for some awakening changes or something because of the free PAD Bear? Maybe I misread that.

New UmiYama is nothing unexpected. Hoping for blue row, skill lock resist and extend time. Another two prong would be preferred, but that sounds too good. Type almost looks like attacker, maybe balanced?

Probably won't outclass Kirin, but should even things out again.

Izangagi and Ame no Uzume got leader skill changes, so they didn't get extra awakenings to compensate.

Izanagi did get a leader skill change, but it was probably the most useless leader skill "upgrade" ever. "rcv x 3.5 when above 80%", why even bother? Now if it had been a split leader skill, i.e. "atk 3.5x when HP is above 80%, rcv 3.5 when HP is below 50%" then that would have been sort of useful.

They did Izanagi no favors with his ultimate evolution. at least Ame got a wider range of atk up activation. I'm not even sure why they did Izanagi during the first wave of Japanese 2.0 ultimates.

Now with U&Y getting some more awakenings, I wonder if more of them will show up on my friends list. Kirin is by far the more popular leader for these two teams.

New U&Y is exciting. I'm still a long way off from being able to collect whatever materials it will require though. Then again we are a long way off from getting it.

Edit: actually the other JP 2.0 gods had pretty simple materials. I assumed it would take a couple ancient masks.

raiot

New U&Y is exciting. I'm still a long way off from being able to collect whatever materials it will require though. Then again we are a long way off from getting it.

Edit: actually the other JP 2.0 gods had pretty simple materials. I assumed it would take a couple ancient masks.

Just hope those white and black orbs in the U&Y picture is no forshadowing of its required materials... Like Athena, Belze, Fagan etc.

Nothing REM exclusive has required spirit orbs, has it?

Anyways the other JP busties fell along the "tame" axis so that's probably why they didn't require rare evo mats. Umiyama probably gonna need ancient masks at the very least.

razterik

Secondary ultimate evolutions usually use tougher mats. But the ultimate angels did use harder mats as well, so there's no real consistency. I expect UmiYama to have at least one since Kirin needed a Gold Keeper. If they are really good, they might even need a new mythical material that will be introduced.

Hige

Attacker U&Y with a second two prong attack would be amazing for my ZGL team. I don't have a Marine Rider so they would be a great replacement.

Top Bottom