• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

Same here!

I just rerolled until I got an Archangel, her autoheals with every single combo is really sweet.

I need some gaffer friends

Messenger of God, Archangel?
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=204

If so she is garbage and probably the worse healer girl too.

Read the google doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit?pli=1

Since we are in an event you could keep playing and roll when godfest come around next week, but Archangel is not going to take you anywhere.

xCobalt

Messenger of God, Archangel?
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=204

If so she is garbage and probably the worse healer girl too.

Read the google doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit?pli=1

Since we are in an event you could keep playing and roll when godfest come around next week, but Archangel is not going to take you anywhere.

Archangel is a decent substitute if you don't have Amaterasu. Resist+Heal builds are definitely not as popular nowadays but they still have a few uses depending on the dungeon. She's better than Alraune I'd say.

Archangel is a decent substitute if you don't have Amaterasu. Resist+Heal builds are definitely not as popular nowadays but they still have a few uses depending on the dungeon. She's better than Alraune I'd say.
There's zero reason to use your one reusable roll on a "decent substitute" of a mostly obsolete leader though. Especially a farmable monster at that.

Hige

You guys well let me know when the messenger of the gods event happens, right? Is there a way to know easier?
Godfests happen around the 1st and 15th of each month. They get announced on the PAD facebook page and someone will probably post it here when it's announced. Also, puzzledragonx.com usually has the godfest listed before it's announced due to time travelers. The next one might have Japanese 2.0 gods since they haven't been around in a while, so that would be a good chance to reroll for a strong leader like Umisachi & Yamasachi.

Roubjon

Godfests happen around the 1st and 15th of each month. They get announced on the PAD facebook page and someone will probably post it here when it's announced. Also, puzzledragonx.com usually has the godfest listed before it's announced due to time travelers. The next one might have Japanese 2.0 gods since they haven't been around in a while, so that would be a good chance to reroll for a strong leader like Umisachi & Yamasachi.

Once you have a strong leader, are you pretty much set to go on and play the game however you want? And will that leader be your leader for as long as you are playing that run?

My comment didn't have anything to do with rolls. Ducarmel said she's garbage and the worst healer. I just offered my own thoughts.
Okay. Debating between Alarune and Archangel is kind of splitting hairs, IMO. They are easily the worst two healer girls and are regulated to really niche uses or used as inferior substitutes to better monsters one might not have access to.

Once you have a strong leader, are you pretty much set to go on and play the game however you want? And will that leader be your leader for as long as you are playing that run?
Ideally, you start out with a strong leader that will take you to the endgame. You'll might get a better leader along the way or end up getting better subs for a different leader. If you keep playing, you'll eventually want to have different teams since most teams can't clear everything easily and you may want to try different playstyles.

chrono01

Around 6 runs in the Gold/Metal Dungeons, and I got 3 Baby Tamadra. Not too bad! It's infinitely better than last time where I ran 9 times and only got 1.

linsivvi

Gungho gives out free stones like candies. So if you use them smartly eventually you'll roll another great leader. Ideally you have 2-3 teams so you can pick the most situation team for each end game dungeon, but having that first great leader will allow you to clear 90% of the contents and obtain all the important farmable subs.

Around 6 runs in the Gold/Metal Dungeons, and I got 3 Baby Tamadra. Not too bad! It's infinitely better than last time where I ran 9 times and only got 1.

I was very lucky too. I planned to run until to got 3 baby tamadras and I got it in 3 runs!

J0dy77

If you pick up a top tier god in your starting roll you're set for the life of the game. I'm on 600+ days and still use Horus since I rolled him. The leader is the key part and most random, but there is still a lot of work in finding the right team members, skilling up mobs and finding the right friends list.

Glad to see new people still finding the game, getting through those first descended dungeons is an amazing gaming experience.

Damn. I was looking forward to making my way trough the tech dungeons on Monday since 5x +eggs is active. But I just realized that's probably when echidna is going to be 2x drop and I really need to skill mine up and pick up a second. Oh well.

Mattiator

Hello :)
Looking for some red Sonia friends to help me with hera ur today. I play everyday and my rs is max awoken level 64 and evolved. My Id is 313 521 395. Thanks!

Jagernaut

Hello :)
Looking for some red Sonia friends to help me with hera ur today. I play everyday and my rs is max awoken level 64 and evolved. My Id is 313521395. Thanks!

I sent you a friend request, I'm Static@GAF. I usually have 2 of these leaders up:

Red Sonia
Rose Valkyrie
Dark Ares
Dark Metatron
Dark/Water Batman

Edit. If anyone else runs DTron or Batman and is not already on my friend list, send me an invite at 304848218

Mattiator

I sent you a friend request, I'm Static@GAF. I usually have 2 of these leaders up:

Red Sonia
Rose Valkyrie
Dark Ares
Dark Metatron
Dark/Water Batman

Edit. If anyone else runs DTron or Batman and is not already on my friend list, send me an invite at 304848218

Thank you :) added you :)

I hate to ask this, but does anyone have a +297 seraph Lucifer? I want to try another go at the heavy Metal dragon, and apparently this is the only consistent team I can run (subbing a Nebradisk after killing HMD's friends)...

thanks GC, got my Heavy Metal Dragon... I feel so underwhelmed.

God/Attacker for Mercury Zues? well if U&Y get Attacker as their sub how is this team?

Ultimate U&Y leads / Mercury Zues (blue and light presumably)/ Ultimate Unit-13 (Blue/Dark)/Ultimate Yomi (Dark/Light)/ (literally anything else can go in this spot)

You've got a mono-type team, which meets the x25 requirement, CTW, a whole extra second of move time, some row enhancement, and a free slot for anything else you could want.

Apparently, at some point Gungho has expressed regret making the NA version of PAD having separate servers, as opposed to sharing servers with JP but using a separate client like HK/TW does. What could have been...

Zero_IYAD

Still collecting shrimps to skill up Horus =__=

tumblr_nbl4i1q4Ql1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Totally forgot this thing exists!
After tens of runs I got the invade!

tumblr_nbr4pgoq0Q1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Luckily 0 stoned this..
Random built team:

tumblr_nbr33tbiJ01srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Ducarmel

Greco-Roman and Japanese 2.0 godfest.

I do want Okuni or Hades but I think I might pass on doing a yolo roll this time, need to save my stones dark sprite farming.

Romans were already in the August 1st godfest. What a trollfest.
Yeah, what the hell?

Anyway not sure I'll be pulling this time. I'd love an Izanagi, but other than the godfest only gods, nothing else is crucial since I already have U&Y. I'll put the stones towards box spaces, which I've been neglecting.

razterik

Looks like the Godfest aims to capitalize on new ultimates being shown, since JP 2.0 are featured and we might see return of next level ultimates for the Romans.

quin

Watching the live stream now and they showed the folder with all the monster updates. It looks like there are going to be a lot!

Get ready.

update 7.2 info

-they introduced the coin dungeon. 10 million is the highest cost(tamadora village) and 99 stamina. 5 levels of all tamadoras and babytamas with tama odins as the bosses
-stamina refresh to 5 minutes!!!
-mail now displays whats in it

Winter Update
-challenge your own team, each member is a battle

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So when does the new Godfest begins ? I need to reroll and restart the game since progress after Castle of Satan has been....well ...less than optimal lol.

chrono01

Stamina timer reduced by half, to 1 stamina per 5 minutes instead of 10 [in upcoming update].

Thank you, Gungho!

Also, purchasable dungeons for in-game Gold, including a Tamadra dungeon [99 Stamina].

Yes, you heard correctly. An ALL TAMADRA dungeon!!! *faints*

It looks to be 3 Baby Tamadra and 1 Normal Tamadra per floor [5 floors], with a guaranteed drop for one per floor.

Edit: Never mind, final floor has Red/Green Odin Tamadra and a Normal one.

Ducarmel

PuzzChallenge looks interesting, I do wonder how balanced it will be. it could suck if you are a non iap player and you have friends who are heavy iap players.

chrono01

wow, ceres, minerva and neptune look awesome!
as does bastet
I guess we know why we're getting another Greco-Roman Gods Godfest, as well as Japanese 2.0.

Now, show us that Okuninushi Ultimate.

[It's a shame that I own 4/5 of the Japanese 2.0 Gods. Not sure it'll be worth pulling just for U&Y ~_~.]

quin

I guess we know why we're getting another Greco-Roman Gods Godfest, as well as Japanese 2.0.

Now, show us that Okuninushi Ultimate.

[It's a shame that I own 4/5 of the Japanese 2.0 Gods. Not sure it'll be worth pulling just for U&Y ~_~.]

u&y, kushinada healer subtype as well
bastet becomes a devil

Jagernaut

Stamina timer reduced by half, to 1 stamina per 5 minutes instead of 10 [in upcoming update].

Thank you, Gungho!

Also, purchasable dungeons for in-game Gold, including a Tamadra dungeon [99 Stamina].

Yes, you heard correctly. An ALL TAMADRA dungeon!!! *faints*

It looks to be 3 Baby Tamadra and 1 Normal Tamadra per floor [5 floors], with a guaranteed drop for one per floor.

Edit: Never mind, final floor has Red/Green Odin Tamadra and a Normal one.

Stamina rate increase is the best news. Now we will regenerate 288 stamina every 24 hrs instead of 144.

Hige

Stamina rate increase is the best news. Now we will regenerate 288 stamina every 24 hrs instead of 144.
I just hit 144 stamina recently, so this is awesome but at the same time bittersweet lol.

I hope they can bring the stamina update over sooner even if the rest of the update takes longer. I read somewhere the recent ult evos have been given to us out of sync with respect to JP's timeline, so it's possible?

Top Bottom