• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I seriously hope they don't go attacker with U&Y. King Flamie is the only slime that doesn't fit on this team. I'm hoping for balanced or healer.

Hige

Attacker's just wishful thinking on my part. :p I know U&Y can run a blue row enhance team with Blodin, I&I etc., but how viable would a TPA attacker team be instead? I don't have U&Y so I'm not super familiar with all the sub options, but I imagine a U&Y/ZGL/Athena team has huge damage potential.

Ama/Ceres skillup monster will be in the PAL starting Thursday, along with the spirit jewels

Sucks that you have to depend on PAL luck for skillup fodder but better than nothing :[

xCobalt

Ama/Ceres skillup monster will be in the PAL starting Thursday, along with the spirit jewels

Sucks that you have to depend on PAL luck for skillup fodder but better than nothing :[

Are there any PAL only monsters atm? I wouldn't be surprised if future special dungeons will have this monster.

It does makes it irrelevant for me. U&Y team is stronger than Kirin, stable and flexible.

Is this including x75 burst Physical Kirin teams?

Anyway my friend said that Hera Descended is becoming a permanent dungeon and that the dungeon has a 100% drop rate. I think he is fucking with me. He is right?

TsuXna

Is this including x75 burst Physical Kirin teams?

Anyway my friend said that Hera Descended is becoming a permanent dungeon and that the dungeon has a 100% drop rate. I think he is fucking with me. He is right?
Yes. let's say you use bubblie in uy team, 3x with rows(let's say 1.5x) in the one turn dmg

kirin with izanagi on the other hand, it's 2/0.8/0.8 which is 3.125, even though you don't have much rows here but you could make more combos

So if you compare only burst even here U&Y is stronger.

Other U&Y pros are.
3-4 burst shots (Kirin 1, maybe 2 at max)
Up to 4 orb changers in the team.
Lots of raws.
Utilities (sun quan & orochi and etc. )
Covers two colours.

Personally I use U&Y/i&i/bvalk/blodin/Sun Quan/U&Y.
Sbs 6.
Raws 7.
Kirin can't compare.

linsivvi

So far the pazudora players have said they have gotten Hera/Zeus to drop 100% of the time. I guess its safe to assume the appearance and drop rates might be the same.

Edit: checked http://pad.skyozora.com for dungeon data and it shows the drop rate is 100% for Hera
http://pad.skyozora.com/stage/暗黒の神王妃

Same for Zeus
http://pad.skyozora.com/stage/全知全能の主神

And we know that Zeus challenge can be easily beaten with the right friends. Satan lead can do that with ease.

Yes. let's say you use bubblie in uy team, 3x with rows(let's say 1.5x) in the one turn dmg

kirin with izanagi on the other hand, it's 2/0.8/0.8 which is 3.125, even though you don't have much rows here but you could make more combos

So if you compare only burst even here U&Y is stronger.

Other U&Y pros are.
3-4 burst shots (Kirin 1, maybe 2 at max)
Up to 4 orb changers in the team.
Lots of raws.
Utilities (sun quan & orochi and etc. )
Covers two colours.

Personally I use U&Y/i&i/bvalk/blodin/Sun Quan/U&Y.
Sbs 6.
Raws 7.
Kirin can't compare.

Kirin may not have as many orb changers, but I don't think she is lacking in utility. And meh, your team is extremely REM heavy. No way I would ever get all those subs.

TsuXna

Kirin may not have as many orb changers, but I don't think she is lacking in utility. And meh, your team is extremely REM heavy. No way I would ever get all those subs.
Only one utility which is Izanami.
You can make non iap team U&Y/Wadatsumi/Siegfried /kitten & mimmnya/ hera is, goblin or even golem.
It's not that as strong as iap team. But it's not bad.

Only one utility which is Izanami.
You can make non iap team U&Y/Wadatsumi/Siegfried /kitten & mimmnya/ hera is, goblin or even golem.
It's not that as strong as iap team. But it's not bad.

Is Echidna not a utility sub? There aren't any green, blue, red, or light utility subs in the entire game besides Izanami that Kirin can run?

this is pointless anyway. Even if UY is or becomes better, we know that Kirin teams can clear basically any content with the right subs.

linsivvi

And I'm an idiot...

What am I supposed to use all this stamina on now?

What is a good team for trying to get a Heavy Metal Dragon or a Fagan? I've got a Grodin now, and I've seen him on teams before for Celestial Black Dragon. No Idea on a Team for Kouryu.

New event starts in 9 hours and we are getting super metal and Tamadra dungeon. Save up!

Jagernaut

Event info:

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Dance of Serpents*
[Duration]: 9/10 (Wed), 12:00 AM - 9/21 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

A symbol regarded throughout time immemorial, the Serpent’s life, wisdom, and power manifests itself through the many monsters of Puzzle & Dragons! Whether on sky or land, the Serpent’s form is truly something to behold.

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
9/10 - 9/21 - 1 free Magic Stone daily
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Scorching the Earth
What are Dragons without their fire? This event brings the heat with several three day dungeons! Echidna skill-up, anyone?

9/10 - 9/12 - Sky Dragon Rush!
9/13 - 9/15 - Scarlet Snake Princess
9/17 - 9/19 - Sword of Flames

■③ Shedding a New Skin
The Pal Egg Machine has received a new addition! The guiding Yatagarasu is now available to light your way! And, as a part of the Rare Evo Materials bonus, the Spirit Jewels are available for a limited time!

Pal Egg Event:
9/10 - 9/21 - Rare Evo Materials

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
9/10 - Gaia Descended!
9/11 - Hera-Ur Descended!
9/12 - Takeminakata Descended!
9/13 - Hera-Is Descended!
9/14 - Izanami Descended!
9/15 - Draggie!
9/16 - Hera Descended!
9/17 - Wadatsumi Descended!
9/18 - The Thief Descended!
9/19 - Tengu!!!
9/20 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
9/20 - 9/21 - ???????????????
9/21 - Dragon Zombie

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here: http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Damn I was really hoping Hera would be earlier in the event. My team for her has been ready for awhile, and I have a team ready for Hera-Ur but it requires 3 Hera's. Was also hoping for Dragon in Motley but oh well.

TsuXna

Is Echidna not a utility sub? There aren't any green, blue, red, or light utility subs in the entire game besides Izanami that Kirin can run?

this is pointless anyway. Even if UY is or becomes better, we know that Kirin teams can clear basically any content with the right subs.
???
We are talking about light mono Kirin team, echidn and gbr has nothing to do with this.

There's valkitty for a small delay. Oh but wait, you'll have to sacrifice with 75x burst to put her in the team. There you go... There's no more light utility.

U&Y is already better. There's something which U&Y can't clear? Oo

???
We are talking about light mono Kirin team, echidn and gbr has nothing to do with this.

There's valkitty for a small delay. Oh but wait, you'll have to sacrifice with 75x burst to put her in the team. There you go... There's no more light utility.

U&Y is already better. There's something which U&Y can't clear? Oo

We were talking about light mono Kirin?

Why do all your monsters need x75 burst exactly?

Roubjon

Yo guys, I just downloaded this yesterday and it's fucking awesome.

I want to get those Evangelions, is that still possible? And how would I do it?

EDIT: Omg, I read that guide posted above and now I feel like I'm playing the game completely incorrectly. I was just excited to keep getting new monsters and working towards 5 magic stones in order to get a rad new guy. Now I apparently fucked up after the tutorial lol.

Maybe I'll re-roll and see what happens.

I want to get those Evangelions, is that still possible? And how would I do it?
Evangelion collaboration only comes around every few months. It was just here last month so it'll probably be some time before its turn in the rotation again.

Definitely re-roll the tutorial pull until you get a worthwhile leader.

Again what???

Thanks for such a precious suggestion, but if you can't accept someone's opinion don't even start a debate next time, as it unless and waste of time for both.
[End]

Don't get what you are confused about. We were arguing extremely different things, since apparently you were working under the assumption of mono colored teams and I was not. I don't get why I am not allowed to count Echidna as a utility sub on a Kirin team simply because she usnt light or physical. Mostly because I haven't seen a dungeon where all your monsters need to be light type and all of them need a x75 burst.

Burned through the last of my stash of dark chasers today; Haku ended up one shy of max skill, which is like the worst feeling short of going 0/x on skillups.

Ducarmel

Maybe I'll re-roll and see what happens.

I just want to say we are in an event right now so the account that you already started keep it for now and keep collecting all the stones you can from the dungeans and all the free stones you get in the mail, the next godfest is probably going to be on Monday or Tuesday. Use all the stones you collected to see what you get during godfest. If you get something good then you are set, if not reroll during godfest and try to get something better.

Roubjon

I just want to say we are in an event right now so the account that you already started keep it for now and keep collecting all the stones you can from the dungeans and all the free stones you get in the mail, the next godfest is probably going to be on Monday or Tuesday. Use all the stones you collected to see what you get during godfest. If you get something good then you are set, if not reroll during godfest and try to get something better.

Sounds good, thanks.

Legendary Mountain pass was pretty easy with a Ronia team.

Ronia
Ronia
King Baddie
FA Luci
Lilith
Ronia

I didn't even need to activate the third Ronia, but I'm not sure if there's anything more useful to replace her with. Max-skilled FA Luci is awesome for 1-shotting any Light enemies in a pinch.

linsivvi

q1QUl5S.png

My 0 stone Legendary Mountain Path poverty team. Haku can be replaced by any sub with dark element with at least 1 skill boost; she is otherwise useless.

Burst through floors 1-5.

Floor 6: Use Isis to unbind immediately. Target Tamadra and use Echinda at round 2. Make sure her counter is at 4 when you clear the floor.

Floor 7: Use Izanami before round 2. Use Isis to unbind after round 3. Echinda will be available again before the final attack and the menace shield comes off.

Jagernaut

Legendary Mountain pass was pretty easy with a Ronia team.

Ronia
Ronia
King Baddie
FA Luci
Lilith
Ronia

I didn't even need to activate the third Ronia, but I'm not sure if there's anything more useful to replace her with. Max-skilled FA Luci is awesome for 1-shotting any Light enemies in a pinch.

I don't have devil Lucifer so who would be a good replacement from these choices:

another Ronia
D/D Haku - max skilled
D/D Loki
Ultimate Hadar
Hera Ur
Ultimate D/W Batman

I'd go with another Ronia. 2 skill boosts, another skill activation if you need it. And another primary source of Fire damage against the boss.

Edit: Just realized that if Tamaodin bound Lilith, I would have been fucked. So I guess I would replace the third Ronia with a backup mob in case Lilith gets bound. Another Lilith, Echidna, etc..

Went into the new dungeon with a modified Ronia team

Ronia leads / Lilith/FA Luci/King Baddie/d/d Haku

TamaOdin bound Lilith... Next time I will probably sub in something that can remove bind (no ceres though, so something like Ammy or L.Tron i.e. a waste of a spot) or something that I can use to create hearts and use that -2 bind awakening to use with a row of hearts (like Drawn joker).

got a skill up on my GrOdin from the Tama Odin, and got a skill up on thor though, so not to terrible.

Jagernaut

I'd go with another Ronia. 2 skill boosts, another skill activation if you need it. And another primary source of Fire damage against the boss.

Edit: Just realized that if Tamaodin bound Lilith, I would have been fucked. So I guess I would replace the third Ronia with a backup mob in case Lilith gets bound. Another Lilith, Echidna, etc..

Ok, I'll try it after I max skill my main Ronia.

If you have enough hearts to make a horizontal row, each Ronia that is not bound will remove 3 turns of bind. Bind recovery helps when I run Twinlits with a Ronia team.

chrono01

Well it seems as though I need a few Mystic Masks for my Green Zhuge Liang team, so I guess I'll be leveling/building up my Rebel Seraph Lucifer team to run it. I was thinking Rebel Seraph Lucifer [Leader], Underlord Inferno Hades, Kirin of the Sacred Gleam Sakuya [for Skill Bind Resist as well as additional Gravity], Evil Darkdragon Vritra, and Founder of Nations Okuninushi [with a second Rebel Seraph Lucifer as my Friend]. That will give me 100% Skill Bind Resist as well as two Gravity and a [small] Delay. 2x Gravity, Morning Star/Grudge [Blue], Delay, attack Green [and heal up in the process] until I kill it, then Morning Star Blue again to finish.

I already have my Kirin max leveled/awoken, so I just need to awaken my Lucifer, Vritra, and Okuni and I should be good to go. Well, I'll need to level Lucifer and Vritra a bit first, but that shouldn't be too difficult considering how easy dark XP is.

Jagernaut

This is my new Room of the Sacred Mask team. 100% skill bind resist with another Lucifer. Bring Ancient Green Mask hp down to 25%, and then target Ancient Blue Mask and use Kuromi, Lucifer, Vritra, Xuanzong, Lucifer to kill blue in 1 turn.

Go10EC0.jpg

chrono01

This is my new Room of the Sacred Mask team. 100% skill bind resist with another Lucifer. Bring Ancient Green Mask hp down to 25%, and then target Ancient Blue Mask and use Kuromi, Lucifer, Vritra, Xuanzong, Lucifer to kill blue in 1 turn.

Go10EC0.jpg
Thanks!

I don't have a Yomi, Kuromi, or Xuazong, but I'll definitely keep this composition in-mind for when I [if] do!

Jagernaut

You can use Droiddragon or Shiva instead of Kuromi, and another instant heal instead of Xuanzong but you need to find a total of 4 skill bind resists for your team.

chrono01

You can use Droiddragon or Shiva instead of Kuromi, and another instant heal instead of Xuanzong but you need to find a total of 4 skill bind resists for your team.

DroidDragon I do have, but with the team I mentioned previously [Rebel Seraph Lucifer, Kirin, Vritra, and Okuni] that should give my 4x Skill Bind Resist, with a fifth coming from my Friend [Rebel Seraph Lucifer]. The only downside is awakening Vritra when I'll rarely use him outside of this dungeon, but at least Tamadra are being given away more frequently in the NA version.

Oh, speaking of, Baby Tamadra dungeon later tonight!

Top Bottom