• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Hige

It's weird to be excited about owning 2 Minervas now. Dark > Fire orb change and lower enemy def by 50% AND Dragon/Devil typing is a really nice option for Ronia/RGY teams if you don't need the damage boost from making combos.

Ducarmel

I wonder if we will get more 1/5 stamina weekend dungeon now that we can buy access to some dungeons. I only remember it happening once for NA and JP has had it a couple of times already.

Nice upcoming updates. Looks like the purchaseable dungeons only get unlocked for an hour. I thought they would just unlock permananently for a cost. So 10mil gold for only 1hr of the TAMA dungeon. Pretty steep cost, but at least the option is there.

Interesting making U&Y a Healer. With 2 2-prong attacks and King Shynee, they have huge burst potential.

I'm guessing we'll be getting the Sanrio collab again or at least another way to skill-up the fruit Dragons.

Hige

I'm guessing we'll be getting the Sanrio collab again or at least another way to skill-up the fruit Dragons.
JP version (and presumably NA) is getting shield knights that skill up the fruit dragons, which is leading people to speculate that maybe the Hello Kitty collab won't be coming back due to licensing or whatnot.

Jagernaut

Nice upcoming updates. Looks like the purchaseable dungeons only get unlocked for an hour. I thought they would just unlock permananently for a cost. So 10mil gold for only 1hr of the TAMA dungeon. Pretty steep cost, but at least the option is there.

Interesting making U&Y a Healer. With 2 2-prong attacks and King Shynee, they have huge burst potential.

If you have him Sun Quan is on color, has much better stats and awakenings, and gives 2 turns of delay + boost.

Ducarmel

Yeah I don't think the usual U&Y team compositions will change at all, it seems like U&Y players wanted balanced or Attacker. I don't get Kushinada healer type either I honesty expected balanced.

Caspel if your still reading, imo the new Japanese 2.0 ultimate's don't seem to help them as leaders just make them better subs.

I feel like the lack of dark healers is a bit of an issue for U&Y. Still, the awakenings are nice, and now he'll fit even better on my DQXQ team.

Yeah I'm probably not going to change up my current U&Y teams due to the healer subtype, but I might run I&I / Sun Quan / Kushi / Dark Valk and see how it plays. I'm really happy about the skill boost awakening, not real happy with the extra orb enhance awakening.

I have a max skill, +297 U&Y up all of the time so if anyone wants to add me feel free - 352,165,220.

Yeah I'm probably not going to change up my current U&Y teams due to the healer subtype, but I might run I&I / Sun Quan / Kushi / Dark Valk and see how it plays. I'm really happy about the skill boost awakening, not real happy with the extra orb enhance awakening.

I have a max skill, +297 U&Y up all of the time so if anyone wants to add me feel free - 352,165,220.
I tried to add you but you have too many invites. Not a lot of people seem to run them, so I'd love another U&Y friend.

Healer U&Y is fine, not best (would have liked attacker) but fine.

Devil Bastet gets rid of her best feature (her leader skill), She makes thing so easy to S-Rank.

Awoken Neptune - easy choice, my Neptune will become him as soon as I get the Materials.
Awoken Minerva - An even EASIER choice, She can fit really well with a Fire led Ronia team, and pretty well on my Shiva 3x Fire team (lots of fire row enhancements on that one too)

no Ceres, so I can't say one way or another

Looking forward to Hades alt Ult and venus alt Ult - I hope for Hades active skill to get either a larger gravity and orb enhance OR same gravity and some other effect. cool down will probably get shorter based on the other three alt ults maybe start at 20?

Venus - If she gets a leader skill change, my guess is that it will be a longer CTW at some turn between 15 and 20 OR same time CTW with another effect. Cooldown will probably start between 15 and 20

Stealth edit: four Hour stamina refreshes for super kings and descends? Heck yes. May make farming those 88 stamina dungeons feasible too

razterik

I'm glad to hear postive feedback.

Requesting a rush job on the stamina update! ;)

I feel like the lack of dark healers is a bit of an issue for U&Y. Still, the awakenings are nice, and now he'll fit even better on my DQXQ team.

Best dark sub still Yomi for time extends/CTW. Dark Valk and Lilith are okay in a pinch. Not like the whole team needs boosted healer damage. Sandalphon and Sun Quan both got a lot more useful with Kushi/UmiYama ultimates. UmiYama isn't best fit for I&I, but he works great in many other places now.

Best update - new Minerva. Devils, dragons, straight red teams all boosted. And the leader skill isn't shabby at all. Will likely trivialize some content.

Worst update - second Bastet. Green devils still terrible. If she's kept her current leader skill, she would have been amazing. Now it's just box trophy.

Most forgotten - Green Guan Yu. Seriously, he needs to be a dark horse in the next ultimate evo vote so he can become useful somehow...

Dark Bastet becomes a better sub for Durga now, which doesn't matter for anybody cause it seems like I'm the only person in the universe with one, but it's one of the few positives for new Bastet!

I'll vote for GGY since I don't really have any horse in the race ATM.

Also PDX has the revised evo mats for the super busties; they take another spirit jewel as opposed to a second Ceres.

Oh. Guaranteed skill-up mobs! I wonder how hard/expensive/rare those will be to obtain. I'm guessing ultra invades that won't be feasible to farm or limited time gifts like Noel Dragons.

linsivvi

Wow. What a nice update.

Wish I had a Cat Woman now, but then it might not be viable to lead with her on the new Legend difficulty anyway. Really depends on whether running Cat Woman on Master or without on Legend will yield more coins. But it shouldn't be that hard to get 3M coins running the dungeon through a weekend during an event, which will get you an hour of King Carnival.

Leveling up mobs just got so much easier!

Zero_IYAD

Awesome changes!
Stamina refresh going down to half the original time & putting these coins to use are the best!
But seriously those Spirit Jewels need their own dungeon asap, hunting for them is almost impossible with current system :|
Help us get these updates to our side as fast as possible tho.
It's like Nintendo releasing SSB in JP & we have to wait for it 6-8 months to get it on our side :|

J0dy77

Glad to see you're still hanging around the thread Caspel. Again, great update.

Now if we could just start to see the JP content release at the same time as NA and cross device synchronization I'd be super excited.

Quantum

The stamina refresh sounds like a great idea, although I guess they could have just halved the cost for the dungeons - the stamina requirement was creeping up anyway - most descends are at 50 now regardless of difficulty.

the only negative I now see are the newly released 70, 80, 100 stamina dungeons going forward...

I hope these changes come soon to the US as I've pulled so many times at the REM the added stam will help me actually level a few of my mobs.

I've still had some terrible luck with skill ups, and my fallen angel is at level 12 now with only 28 sixth angels left (farming the 'lits is driving me batty) I went 18 or 19 feeds without a level up and actually got 2 in a row this morning.

I've had terrible luck with my pandora - the fairy dropped only twice for me so far from the shadow sprite dungeon but I did get one level out of it! (1/2)

I am definitely not rolling tonight, although a venus would be nice (I have a tiny alma)

Also with all the times I've REM rolled I've never gotten a Ronia so I'm jealous of that.

(I've gotten 6 *six* LMeta, 3 Grodin, 3 GGY, 1 Rodin, 1 Bonia from godfests which hasn't been really helpful)

currently working on my healer team - which is fantastic but still a bit HP weak, Devil/dark team which I am playing around with using ult fallen d/r Lucifer as a lead and/or a Pandora depending on the situation. I have a AME team and a GGY team I'm working on but both are not ready for prime time.

linsivvi

The stamina refresh sounds like a great idea, although I guess they could have just halved the cost for the dungeons - the stamina requirement was creeping up anyway - most descends are at 50 now regardless of difficulty.

I get that why they wouldn't do that. If they halved the stamina cost it would seriously eat into their profits from stone refreshes. At 100 stamina you can still only do 2 super metal per refill. So while you will be able to do twice as much stuff each day, you still need to spend the same number of stones if you want to do a full hour of super metal, plus eggs dungeons, king carnival, etc.

It's still a very good thing. Recently on most days I just login to do super metal, and then wait for the next day's super metal, and repeat. Now I can use the stamina to do some other dungeons in the middle of the day.

Quantum

I get that why they wouldn't do that. If they halved the stamina cost it would seriously eat into their profits from stone refreshes. At 100 stamina you can still only do 2 super metal per refill. So while you will be able to do twice as much stuff each day, you still need to spend the same number of stones if you want to do a full hour of super metal, plus eggs dungeons, king carnival, etc.

It's still a very good thing. Recently on most days I just login to do super metal, and then wait for the next day's super metal, and repeat. Now I can use the stamina to do some other dungeons in the middle of the day.

Point taken - I haven't thrown stones at leveling up my mobs, didn't think of it like that.

Jagernaut

I like the upcoming updates but I would also like some kind of skill level transfer. I have a max skilled S. Grundy and pulled a Hermes recently. I would like to transfer the skill levels to Hermes and would even pay in stones for it.

Thinking about taking my low level UmiYama team into Hera-Is legend tomorrow. I'll only have about 13k HP but hopefully it'll go well. If I pull it off I will weirdly have beaten Hera-Is before Hera.

quin

I really need to stop throwing away stamina trying to beat Legendary Mulan; I don't think it's going to happen (or at least not with a Horus build).

They upped the difficulty on this dungeon big time. I died so many times until I added a defense breaker. Minerva works great, if you don't have her, the Golems work better i would think. this makes it much easier.

thetechkid

Red Riding Hood
Earth Guardian
Venus
Thumbelina
Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang

So I'm going to try to build a ZL team now but I'm not sure if I got the right monsters for one, this is my box and I'd like some help with this.

smbu2000

Looking forward to the stamina taking half as long. Definitely a good thing in my book.

Disappointed with Bastet's new ultimate. If I had a second Bastet I guess I'd go with the new one, but her original Lskill is better.(IMO)

Pulled twice on my main account and got Umiyama and another sleeping beauty.
I keep getting these types on here (first Kirin, then that new dark one Druaga? and now U&Y), but I still prefer using my LHorus.

My iPad wasn't good at all. 2 silver although I will get a chance for one more pull tomorrow.

My other one was another Grape Dragon, Ceres and Genie. Ceres is alright, but I was hoping for better results. Probably try once more after picking up another stone.

Cels

rolled 3x: pierdra, agdrall, U&Y

not sure if i should be happy or not, b/c as a non-iap player, building a good U&Y team is hard. i'll level him just for the hell of it though.

Azusa

How do I kill Hera-Is with my team on legend?

This is the best I could manage on my first run. Maybe I need to take different subs or do better combos? I don't know.
KYsBm96.png
Here is my team on PadHerder.

Cels

This is the best I could manage on my first run. Maybe I need to take different subs or do better combos? I don't know.

i'm no expert but if you are running a burst team like that without bind resist and without delay, wouldn't you have to kill hera-is on the first turn? after her bind counter hits you you are kind of screwed without a way to tank the damage.

yami4ct

New PvP dungeon mechanics and rogue-like stuff sounds freaking awesome. Some great new ideas there. Stamina refresh increase is the best thing I've seen done in an update since I started.

Most interesting thing to me is the revision to the skill-up system. The first part (100% skill-up for lvl 99 same card UEVO fodder) is kind of worthless. I can see it being useful in very limited scenarios. The addition of present dragon like mobs for 100% skill-up on same color is fantastic, though. Assuming we get those at a rate similar to (or hopefully even better), I'll be pretty happy with that change.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well so i got Umi&Yamasachi as a god and Cinderella lol - both dont look too hot. Will be able to play another time tomorrow if i get another magic stone. If get nothing good i will start a new game and reroll.

Hige

So I'm going to try to build a ZL team now but I'm not sure if I got the right monsters for one, this is my box and I'd like some help with this.
You can toss pretty much any green subs onto a ZGL team if you're not doing descends. Use Cu Chu for sure since it's max skilled. Kushinada is amazing for managing your HP. Look into Dino Rider if you can ult evo it. It's useful for sniping with fire even if the orb changing isn't ideal. Then I'd go with Ancient Dragon Knight, Thumbelina or U&Y for the last spot.

You might be able to put Athena in there somewhere if you can ult evolve it. Other than that, look out for godfests with Sasuke, Genbu, Green Sonia, and to a lesser extent Artemis and Archangel Michael.

linsivvi

At least replace Lilith with Hera-Ur so you will add an extra punch to your burst. Actually it almost triples your damage.

If you can stall in the first round, consider replacing Persephone with Hera too and use the water demon to stall for gravity.

Jagernaut

Well so i got Umi&Yamasachi as a god and Cinderella lol - both dont look too hot. Will be able to play another time tomorrow if i get another magic stone. If get nothing good i will start a new game and reroll.

Umisachi&Yamasachi are top tier gods. If you reroll, save that account.

Two rolls: Mystic ice knight, Fire golem.

Fuck this game.

You have an extremely warped perception of this game if you think UmiYami isn't good. He is easily top 5. 5x multiplier is one of the highest in the game.

Top Bottom