• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Zombine

Banned
I rolled one time. I needed next to nothing from this fest and only did it as a YOLO pull.

I got Yumi & Yama. The only god I wanted.

3eg3pfl9er8bu69lv3aanxn5c.320x240x71.gif

Pulled 6 times and ended up with Thanatos, Okuninushi x 2, Red Riding Hood, Titan, and R. Sonia.

Does Sonia any good with farmable teams? Looking around, most of the teams I found had stuff like 2 (or even 3...) Sonias, Loki, Belial, FA Lucifer etc.

Ducarmel

Yolo Rollo

Okuninushi

At least he is a new card, now I have all the combo based leaders in the game. All I want is special gods or great subs at this point. I have to many leaders not enough subs.

Ducarmel

Sorry double post.

Pulled 6 times and ended up with Thanatos, Okuninushi x 2, Red Riding Hood, Titan, and R. Sonia.

Does Sonia any good with farmable teams? Looking around, most of the teams I found had stuff like 2 (or even 3...) Sonias, Loki, Belial, FA Lucifer etc.

She has farmable subs that are capable but you probably need a decent amount of plus eggs or willing to spend a stone or two for a few descends.

Ronia guide
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=40406

Ronia descend guide
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=56231

Roubjon

So I waited for today like you guys suggested and go Ame no Uzume:

799.png

Should I restart the tutorial and try again? Or is this good enough? Don't really like her design though so I'm thinking I might re-roll. And Damn she takes a lot of points to use. I can only use her and one other dude.

Sorry double post.

She has farmable subs that are capable but you probably need a decent amount of plus eggs or willing to spend a stone or two for a few descends.

Ronia guide
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com....php?tid=40406

Ronia descend guide
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com....php?tid=56231
Thanks. Those farmable Sonia teams still look a little better than the DQXQ team I'm using right now. The low health on that team is starting to drive me nuts.

Ducarmel

799.png

Should I restart the tutorial and try again? Or is this good enough? Don't really like her design though so I'm thinking I might re-roll. And Damn she takes a lot of points to use. I can only use her and one other dude.

I have Ame and when I was into Mono color teams I used her almost 90% of the time before I had to finally give up on her and started using my Kushinada and Horus more.

With the introduction of row enhancement, mono teams are still relevant, but Ame as a lead to even tackle normal dungeons like king of the gods needs a lot of great subs.

Mono red team guide to get an idea what you would need and what they can do
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=34505

As much as i loved my mono red team, I still hit a wall and needed a better team. I would back up the account and reroll and see if I can get Umisachi&Yamasachi, Kushinadahime or Okuninushi.

I would say U&Y is the best out of the 3 in terms of potential to beat a majority of the game. Kushinada one of my favorite is great but requires good combo skill and luck to get her max potential damage, but is a great leader for new players. Okuninushi is great also but he has a strict leader skill that will take time to get used too.

Red gala is active so you might get other red leaders, the only one I would consider is Horus. He is still one of the best gods with the right team.

Special gods are also available the only one worth keeping as a starter for new players is Red Sonia but because she cost so much to play with you will be playing with your starter dragon for a while before you able to use her properly.

Of course there is a chance to get other good gods like Kirin so make sure you check
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...HhVgByFMk18/edit?pli=1#heading=h.9a8ouvo1mj1z
if you are not sure

smbu2000

Well my iPad had two silver pulls, which weren't that good. I picked up another stone, tried one more time and....

Ronia! yes! First time getting one.
(Now I need to see about making a demon party. I can pair her up with my other accounts Lu Bu.)

Had two Red Dragon Fruits and was able to raise her skill level up 1 with that.

My first Hera-Is run was successful and I got the drop. I'm contemplating taking the same team into mythical, but I may wait until later when I have a lot more levels all around.

Also pulled once: ivory dragon. I wouldn't mind the silver egg as much if it wasn't one of the ten pulls I already have...

Taz

Did Hera cost me 2 stones , took a resist team into Hera-Is thinking I had no chance and managed to do it with spending just 1 stone , make a mistake on judging damage got instantly killed. How do people manage to skill up these I'll never know , it must take months and months.

Kreed

Definitely happy about the stamina reduction and using coins to buy time in dungeons (particularly dungeons like King Carnival). Now I don't have to be at the mercy of PAD's annoying schedules for running metal dungeons and can just run them when I want.

Did Hera cost me 2 stones , took a resist team into Hera-Is thinking I had no chance and managed to do it with spending just 1 stone , make a mistake on judging damage got instantly killed. How do people manage to skill up these I'll never know , it must take months and months.
It's not terribly difficult to put together a Valkyrie team that can reliably farm Hera in about 10 minutes. As long as you're willing to spend stones refilling stamina the real limiting factor is how often her dungeon comes around.

It's not terribly difficult to put together a Valkyrie team that can reliably farm Hera in about 10 minutes. As long as you're willing to spend stones refilling stamina the real limiting factor is how often her dungeon comes around.
Hera's descended dungeon is going to be made a permanent normal dungeon. So people will be able to farm her anytime they want.

Quantum

Not going to pull today.

I might buy a pack tomorrow for the carnival of kings if I can get a team together to run it in under a minute or so - figure if I can run it about 60 times I should get somewhere between 13 - 18 million exp (off color/oncolor) without any super kings.

It would certainly go a long way to level some teams. That being said - If I buy stones to run for exp I know I'm going to use the remainder to pull...

Tobe

one roll, dark knight well fml lol. wouldve loved to get the twins. well i still have an unvolved kirin lol. really wish i could iap that red attacker teams looks really fun but i have to invest so much on it to get it to work.

Quantum

Yup. My roommate is pissed. He spent 400 dollars on the game and he doesn't have a second Ronia.

I still don't have my first!

you can always find someone to be "pissed" at!

edit: I always find it interesting that the success stories always make me want to roll more, but the painful lists of bad rolls just don't have the same effect on me. I would be better off if it were the reverse.

razterik

NA pull: Kagutsuchi
Dupe, saved for future awoken ultimate.

Five JP pulls: 3 junk, Seiryuu and Apocalypse
Guess he can go on Athena eventually. Can't think of much else for him.

matt360

Quick question, when people refer to Valk in this thread and on the PAD forums, are they talking about regular Valk only, or any version of Valk?

Ugh I need to pick up a Gigas at some point but I don't relish the idea of running Tower of Giants who knows how many times. Is there a better alternative that I don't know of?

For a godfest I had little interest in rolling, it turned out to be one of my best. Dark Metatron, Hades, Blue Sonia, Pierdrawn (1/1 skillup feed).

Now to build up my stone count again and patiently wait for archdemons.

You could wait for Athena's dungeon to come around. He even drops as Gigas instead of Titan.
Yeah I thought about that. I'm not sure I'll have a team ready next time she appears though, and it would be nice to have Gigas ASAP. I was hoping to pick up Goemon this week and have a team ready next time Zeus comes around (though that may be a little ambitious).

Althane

Went in for two rolls for the Godfest only rolls, as well as the usual stuff.

Got Minerva and a Fairlion (already have).

So, I know Minerva has a R/D Devil busty, but is any of that actually useful?

Kind of thinking I might've been better off with the 50 new slots (500->550 would be nice). Ah well, so it goes.

Jagernaut

Day 600, received 10 free stones and pulled twice.

1. Salamander. - useless since I already have an ultimate Ifrit.

2. Red Sonia. - my 4th one. I don't have Blue or Green Sonia, Light Metatron, or Red Odin. I also don't have any Japan 2.0 gods, I just keep pulling Red Sonias. One more and I will have a full team.

matt360

Pulled 6 times since I had plenty of stones to spare for recently unlocking challenge mode.

-Okuninushi
-Pierdra (actually pretty stoked as I love the artwork)
-Grodin (first one!)
-Grape Dragon
-MK II
-Empress of Serpents, Echidna (not bad, but I JUST got my 2nd Naga)

I've heard that Okuni is good but I'm not really sure how to use him, and I don't think he'll help me with my Devil team. Actually, I probably shouldn't have pulled at all.

Ducarmel

^Okuninushi teams need orb changers and utility.

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=21267&pid=186234#pid186234

So, I know Minerva has a R/D Devil busty, but is any of that actually useful?

Kind of thinking I might've been better off with the 50 new slots (500->550 would be nice). Ah well, so it goes.
She is useless now and probably the worse god in the game now since Lakshmi got her ultimate.

But in month and a half or more we will get this.

C0WS6QB.png

Awoken Minerva
Dragon/Devil
AS: Halves defense for one turn and changes dark orbs to fire orbs (7->5)
LS: 2.5x attack for dragons and fire type, dark and light 50% resist
Additional awakenings: Fire row, + fire orb, skill-boost, fire resist
Auvo: Awoken Zeus Vulcan, Awoken Hera-Ur, Red Dragon Fruit, Jewel of Light, Jewel of Dark
She will fit well on your Ronia team, so evolve her to War Deity Minerva and collect her material so you can busty her when Awoken Minerva goes live.

Ducarmel

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised reading that they added a master difficulty, I hope it means the other survey dungeons get updated.

Quantum

Picked up some stones for carnival and of course its at 1 am est.

have to save like half for the carnival...

pulled a few - absolute dreck except for a bodin - which - of course is something I had not thought to work on.

Althane

^Okuninushi teams need orb changers and utility.

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=21267&pid=186234#pid186234

She is useless now and probably the worse god in the game now since Lakshmi got her ultimate.

But in month and a half or more we will get this.

C0WS6QB.png

She will fit well on your Ronia team, so evolve her to War Deity Minerva and collect her material so you can busty her when Awoken Minerva goes live.

Well then, that's intense.

Do most top-tier Ronia teams keep the King Baddie in their setup?

Well it's a new survey dungeon so there wasn't an S-rank opportunity beforehand. I'm foreseeing low cost Valking it to be difficult cause there's a lot of high-def mid ninjas in it that hit kinda hard. This is also gonna make lazy farming difficult cause you have to do big combos to break their def. Athena pronging might work idk I don't have the stam to attempt it right now

Edit: hahaha just noticed Minerva appears to have stolen Hera-Ur's balls and Zeus-Vulcan's sword in her art.

Jagernaut

S ranked Takaoka City Collab. I was worried about the 600,000 defense of the evolved shrimp on level 5 but I one shot all 3 enemies. The highest combo I reached was 21.

or6OiDa.jpg

799.png

Pulled her too. Pretty happy to be able to use my mono red team again, they're way more fun then my healer team.

Tried my luck at the REM again. Blue Guardian. Not too upset since I didn't have one yet and at least he'll be useful on my 4/1/4 water team.

Has anyone ever tried DQXQ in a tricolor dungeon? Seems like it could be risky but should be possible. I don't really have another option for the weekend dungeon right now.

Top Bottom