• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tried my luck at the REM again. Blue Guardian. Not too upset since I didn't have one yet and at least he'll be useful on my 4/1/4 water team.

Has anyone ever tried DQXQ in a tricolor dungeon? Seems like it could be risky but should be possible. I don't really have another option for the weekend dungeon right now.
I have. My main team is really low level outside of DQXQ, so I need to stall to get Echidna ready for the last floor in case two of the carbuncles are on a 1 turn timer. The rest of the floors are really easy.

Edit: Speaking of Echidna, this survey dungeon is driving me nuts. 25+ runs with two drops and of course no skill ups. The skill-up mechanic is by far my most hated thing about this game. And this is supposed to be one of the "easy" skill ups. Can't imagine how much of a pain it's going to be when I have to start hoarding evo materials and crap.

colinp

Banned
I have. My main team is really low level outside of DQXQ, so I need to stall to get Echidna ready for the last floor in case two of the carbuncles are on a 1 turn timer. The rest of the floors are really easy.

Edit: Speaking of Echidna, this survey dungeon is driving me nuts. 25+ runs with two drops and of course no skill ups. The skill-up mechanic is by far my most hated thing about this game. And this is supposed to be one of the "easy" skill ups. Can't imagine how much of a pain it's going to be when I have to start hoarding evo materials and crap.

The secret to Echidna (and all the other survey dungeons) is waiting fir 2x drops! Usually the last day it's available so tomorrow.

linsivvi

Tried my luck at the REM again. Blue Guardian. Not too upset since I didn't have one yet and at least he'll be useful on my 4/1/4 water team.

Has anyone ever tried DQXQ in a tricolor dungeon? Seems like it could be risky but should be possible. I don't really have another option for the weekend dungeon right now.

Use a Bastet or Kushinadahime friend and you should be fine.

FZZ

Banned
So far 0/4 for echidna skill ups with around 8-10 runs I'd say.

Combining that with the last time the dungeon was available I'm 0/9 on skill ups with the same echidna. Wow gungho. Wow.

Edit: Finally got my first one, 1/6 lol. Hopefully tomorrow the 2x drop rate helps me out a lot.

chrono01

I pulled around 8 times in the Godfest, I got Neptune and Minerva [both of which are new to me] and Ame no Uzume [dupe]. I already had Hades, Okuninushu, Kushinadehime and Izanagi [two of them actually], but I really wanted a Umisachi & Yamasachi to complete the Japanese 2.0 set. Oh well, maybe next time...

On the subject of games such as this, if you're in Canada and have an iOS/Android device, definitely give Terra Battle a try. I just started yesterday and it's a lot of fun. You move your Units similar to Puzzle & Dragons, but the actual gameplay is different. You basically surround the enemy, either from north/south or east/west, and form "lines" with your other allies to bolster your combat abilities. Later on the enemies/surrounding environments become more varied, with poison, spiked floors, enemies that knock you around, etc. I'm pretty impressed with it.

It'll supposedly be released in the US in October, this is basically a "soft-launch/beta" that's available in Canada.

am_dragon

Combining that with the last time the dungeon was available I'm 0/9 on skill ups with the same echidna. Wow gungho. Wow.

Edit: Finally got my first one, 1/6 lol. Hopefully tomorrow the 2x drop rate helps me out a lot.

Skill ups seem much more rare lately. My 2nd Valk maxed in 10 feeds last time poring was around. Pandora on the other hand took 12 for my first skill up. 41 feeds to max. It took 12 stones to do it 5 of which were spent on box space.

I used my extra amelits to evo the Cathy's I had left over, Anubis is 1/12. I think I'm averaging something like 1 skill up for every 6-8 feeds. I've feed less than 10 of each Amberjack, Genie, Shitan, Phoenix, Undine and Thanatos without a skill up on any of them. You think "oh yeah, max skill I'm got this", then you realize you just spent a stone to run more Tower of Trials 10 times at 1/2 stam to get one more dragon flower. It really makes me wonder why I'm even doing this.

That said max skilled awoken Pandora Team is nice, she is up in 4 turns. Persephone max skilled awoken, Hanzo max skilled awoken, Vamp max skilled awoken, Cerberus awoken skill 2, It's not optimal because I don't have Luci, Loki or Haku but it's a nice change from the Valk and safer than Kirin with 2 orb changers up round 1. I haven't beaten Starlight KOG with this team yet but I'm working on it.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Can someone help me on a DQXQ that isn't the standard healer team? I just really hate king shynee.

I also don't have a thor or an izanagi, so those boosts are out :(

I was thinking maybe a team using heracles as the boost? He boosts gods I believe, but brings hp to 1. Is there any better boost I can use with my DQXQ people?

I have a loki, yomi, idunna, uriel, yamato takeru, freja, and bearded deity guan yu as my pulled gods. Would these plus farmable gods work? Any ideas?

J0dy77

I know we go over this every Monday when 5x technicals come up but which dungeons are best for farming + eggs?

I think the consensus last time was Forbidden Tower - Door of Light and Shadow.

Anyone else run the shit out of the weekend dungeon to refill coins? I was slowly going down to about 2million after being up around 10 when they gave us the 1/2 stamina weekend dungeon event. We've only had that happen once and I really hope they bring it back again. So many coins and levels.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Umisachi&Yamasachi are top tier gods. If you reroll, save that account.

You have an extremely warped perception of this game if you think UmiYami isn't good. He is easily top 5. 5x multiplier is one of the highest in the game.

Hmm...well okay i kept the Account and will try to play with them as leaders - just on first sight their Skills dont look too amazing, especially when you consider that they only activate
ATK x5 when attacking with Water, Wood, Light & Dark orb types at the same time.

Pulling this off will be very difficult for me, played it twice with them and so far i havent been able to pull it off and get killed very quick with my current team. Especially coming from my Keeper of Gold leader it feels like a downgrade right now....i finished Castle of Satan with the Keeper of Gold as a leader, but now its getting quite difficult.

Umiyama has a high learning curve but as a reward the payoff is huge. Three things to remember are
1. You don't have to activate his skill every turn. For example you can spend a turn clearing excess fire and heart orbs to make him easier to activate the next turn
2. Endless Corridors takes no stamina so you can practice there
3. You can partner with leaders with more relaxed requirements - for example Isis procs whenever you attack with any three attributes. You can do the easier activation requirement normally and do the harder one when the opportunity presents itself.

Ducarmel

Can someone help me on a DQXQ that isn't the standard healer team? I just really hate king shynee.

I also don't have a thor or an izanagi, so those boosts are out :(

I was thinking maybe a team using heracles as the boost? He boosts gods I believe, but brings hp to 1. Is there any better boost I can use with my DQXQ people?

I have a loki, yomi, idunna, uriel, yamato takeru, freja, and bearded deity guan yu as my pulled gods. Would these plus farmable gods work? Any ideas?
Why do you hate king Shynee? Stats or Cool down

Valhalla is a farmable replacement for Thor if you are trying build an all light and want a light enhancement skill, but his cd is high.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=145

I guess you can also try a blue, dark or green heavy team and boost by color with I&I, Loki, or Freja. They all have skill up fodder in collabs and a permanent dungeon to get skill ups in Legendary Mountain Path.

Mono blue makes sense since DQXQ has a blue sub type, I guess the only problem now is finding a team that cover all the colors.

A list of all the monsters that are blue with a secondary attribute
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp?e1=2&e2=1,3,4,5&e=0&ue=0&s1=1&s2=0&o1=1&o2=1

green
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp?e1=3&e2=1,2,4,5&e=0&ue=0&s1=1&s2=0&o1=1&o2=1

dark
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp?e1=5&e2=1,2,3,4&e=0&ue=0&s1=1&s2=0&o1=1&o2=1

Pulling this off will be very difficult for me, played it twice with them and so far i havent been able to pull it off and get killed very quick with my current team. Especially coming from my Keeper of Gold leader it feels like a downgrade right now....i finished Castle of Satan with the Keeper of Gold as a leader, but now its getting quite difficult.

I do have to ask you made sure your team can attack with blue green light and dark right? Matching the orbs is not the only requirement you need the cards on your team also, and n practice practice practice

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Umiyama has a high learning curve but as a reward the payoff is huge. Three things to remember are
1. You don't have to activate his skill every turn. For example you can spend a turn clearing excess fire and heart orbs to make him easier to activate the next turn
2. Endless Corridors takes no stamina so you can practice there
3. You can partner with leaders with more relaxed requirements - for example Isis procs whenever you attack with any three attributes. You can do the easier activation requirement normally and do the harder one when the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks a lot for the advice, didnt even know about the endless corridors as a training spot. Also will have to spend some more time on looking on friend monsters.

I do have to ask you made sure your team can attack with blue green light and dark right? Matching the orbs is not the only requirement you need the cards on your team also, and n practice practice practice

Yeah, but i still find it difficult to pull of them off. I will train a bit in the endless dungeons now.

Zero_IYAD

tumblr_nbxz22oEOs1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbxz2eXnfp1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Jagernaut

I ultimate evolved Folklore last week. He could be useful as a sub on Ronia/Lu Bu teams. Activate Lu Bu at the boss and switch Ronia for Folklore to double the attack power.

linsivvi

Since Minerva, Neptune and Ceres are getting a 3rd ultimate, is it safe to say that Venus and Hades will follow eventually?

I just got Venus from the Godfest I am thinking of holding off on the ultimate evolution for now.

Since Minerva, Neptune and Ceres are getting a 3rd ultimate, is it safe to say that Venus and Hades will follow eventually?

I just got Venus from the Godfest I am thinking of holding off on the ultimate evolution for now.

I definitely would not waste the evo - materials. I've got a Venus and extra hades that I'm going to keep not ultimate evolved until I see the new one. My guess is that both will require ultimate evolved Zues's (dark for Hades and Light for Venus). but what about Hera?

Hera is definitely the odd girl out on these ultimates. By far the easiest to obtain and could give ultimate Hades a free skill up (because based on the ultimate mech and Mystic dragons if you feed the same skill ups to each other and force an ultimate evolve, that new monster can get a skill up even if the skill changes).

linsivvi

I definitely would not waste the evo - materials. I've got a Venus and extra hades that I'm going to keep not ultimate evolved until I see the new one. My guess is that both will require ultimate evolved Zues's (dark for Hades and Light for Venus). but what about Hera?

Hera is definitely the odd girl out on these ultimates. By far the easiest to obtain and could give ultimate Hades a free skill up (because based on the ultimate mech and Mystic dragons if you feed the same skill ups to each other and force an ultimate evolve, that new monster can get a skill up even if the skill changes).

Whoa. At first I had no idea what you're talking about. What Zeus? And then I looked at the evolve requirement. Holy shit!

Well, with the upgrade of active skills, leadership skills and additional awokens, I guess they have to make it a bit harder to evolve.

Taz

I don't care what anyone says the skill up rate has changed I'm 19/3 that was over a year ago and this time around I'm 21/1 spent all day farming to skill Echidna up and I'm still 2 skill up away from max.

I stopped playing for a year and the skill ups were never this bad.

I max skilled my first Gold Pirate under 20 feeds and another Gold Pirate (because I want to be King Shit of Turd Mountain I guess) with a single stack of feeds. My Byakko on that account has never skilled up nor has Pandora. Grodin comfortably max skilled, Devil Lucifer FKA Bad Luci is sitting at SL8 and refuses to budge. Shit has always been random in the ways you least want to predict.

MikeDip

Why do you hate king Shynee? Stats or Cool down

Both, plus the looks too. I just hate it. (I am also bitter because I tried skilling it up and failed, too many wasted kings)

I don't know if the 1.3x boost will be enough to make me switch away from the healer team though, even if that dragon is farmable. Bleh, I dunno :(

However, I max skilled my echinda this event, wooo!

Hmm...well okay i kept the Account and will try to play with them as leaders - just on first sight their Skills dont look too amazing, especially when you consider that they only activate

Again, 5x is one of the highest multipliers. And it becomes fairly easy to march 4 specific colors after you practice a ton and if you clear off color orbs.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Second Echidna (for Tengu and Gaia) skill up report:
2/5
0/4
1/4
0/5
2/3

Took me 2 stones. Also the by-products are 11 plus eggs.

FZZ

Banned
Just ran Scarlet Snake 4 times straight with no drops and it's a 2x drop day?

I'm gonna spend one stone after my fifth run so I can do five more but this is horrible. I need two more skill ups, hopefully I can get them.

Azusa

57 runs, 29 Nagas and at last I have my first max skilled Echidna.

I have favorited one Naga for low cost dungeon and I'll try to farm 3 more Nagas to fully awoken my Echidna.

Also I levelled my Pyro Demon skill from 1 to 21, 5 levels to go.

Epic Drop

I'm currently 0/14 on echidna skillups. I went 1/25 the last time scarlet snake princess was around... this is ridiculous. I can see why trying to skillup monsters can cause people to get burned out and rage quit this game. If I get shit results after all of the effort I've put into max leveling and evo-ing Amon skillup fodder, I just might to the same :p

There are a few recent trains of thought contesting her status as best sub, since modern descendeds tend to not instagib you and row/prong teams would rather have extra power in that slot.

Not that she's worthless, but you know, not the end of the world if you don't skillmax her, marathon not a sprint, etc.

SaintR

I max skilled my first Gold Pirate under 20 feeds and another Gold Pirate (because I want to be King Shit of Turd Mountain I guess) with a single stack of feeds. My Byakko on that account has never skilled up nor has Pandora. Grodin comfortably max skilled, Devil Lucifer FKA Bad Luci is sitting at SL8 and refuses to budge. Shit has always been random in the ways you least want to predict.
I agree with this. I'm 2/29 on Echidna actively trying to farm skill-ups, yet I'm 4/7 on Hera who I run on occasion for fun. It really is truly random. But I will admit the skill up rate I'm having on enchilada is soul crushing...

Edit: 3/32 progress...

Fbh

God I should have read this before I started playing.... should have rerolled at the beginning because what I got wasn't good (Ivory Dragon).

But now I've played too much to start again.

I still have so many doubts, specially at the beginning of the game:

-Is it worth it leveling up and evolving the first few monsters you get? Currently my team has stuff like a Blue Goblin and a black fighter... and I'm not sure if I should be investing money in leveling up and evolving them

-So the other day there was some event on the REM and I decided to give it a chance. I rolled twice and got 2 Salamanders (one of the them is +1). Is there a point in keeping the 2? Or should I feed one of them to another monster to level it up?

- Just did one of the special dungeons (had never done one).... and now I have a pair of weird monsters. The fact they are badly drawn and they are called stuff like Regent-Kun and White-San is funny... and according to the game they are "rare". Is there anything I can do with them?

God I should have read this before I started playing.... should have rerolled at the beginning because what I got wasn't good (Ivory Dragon).

If you like the game enough to play this for a while, re-roll. Sounds like you're not as far into the game as you think you are. With a better starting roll and the knowledge you've acquired since then, you'll make up your progress in no time.

Ideally, you'd have re-rolled during godfest (which just ended) but you can always try your chances with out the godfest boosted rates now. Or wait until the end of the month for the next godfest to come by.

Ducarmel

@Fbh
I know that feeling I was playing the game for almost 3 months before I realized I was doing it wrong.

I forgot who it was but there was 1 post of somebody who claimed to have been playing for half a year or more before deciding to reroll to get a better starting roll and it was the best decision they made.

Before I suggest rerolling read the guide in the op to make sure you don't actually have a decent god to play with, or post a picture of your box for us to see what you got.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit?pli=1

Those weird drops your getting are from a collab dungeon they are designed to be feed to certain monsters with the same skill to decrease there cool down, so its completely useless to play those dungeons if you don't need the skill ups.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=507

I played for about 4 months with vamp as my lead till the weekend AA Lucifer came out and I said screw it and rerolled(FOR TWO DAYS!) till he dropped. Almost cried when he did. He's nnot that great of a leader anymore but I pulled a Ronia since.

Imouto

Banned
Fuck this skill up bullshit. They should at least have a system where if you feed 5 monsters, you should be guaranteed at least 1 skill up. 10 Nagas and not a single skill up happened.

SaintR

Fuck this skill up bullshit. They should at least have a system where if you feed 5 monsters, you should be guaranteed at least 1 skill up. 10 Nagas and not a single skill up happened.
It really sucks but it's worth maxing her. Just finished her and it took me 39 feeds...so what I'm trying to say...omg why?! am I trying skill up my second one

FZZ

Banned
I honestly think Echidna has one of the hardest skill up rates in the game. 25 feeds with only 3 skill ups, and it seems others have an even harder time getting one to happen. Plus it doesn't help that she even has a shit drop rate on a 2x day.

Has anyone actually seen any Dub-amelits in Door of Light and Shadow? I've been farming +eggs off and on all day and haven't even seen any. However I've gotten a lot of Dub-topalits, which is fine since I want more of those anyway for TAMA evos.

Got my Ronia's HP and RCV maxed but still need 26 ATK. I hate the uneven stat drops. I already have over +50 HP stockpiled for the next monster I decide to raise.

MikeDip

I just can't get over my hatred of king shynee in my DQXQ team. Someone tell me if these four replacements are viable. I need some sort of spike damage. The added stats (specifically hp) is a plus though for the non shynee teams.

Sandlaphon of course, but the cooldown is so high I'd have to work hard on skilling it up
Would be in a DQXQ healer team. This is a 2x, would apply to like 5/6 of the team?

Heracles. Would make a rainbow god DQXQ team. So far I like this? 1.5x over 4 turns, I dunno. Also would apply to 5/6 of the team

Idunn. The enhancement says it boosts water cards, this counts if they are sub too right? This would then boost the two leader dqxq, the idunn itself, and I'd bring a Hera is for gravity and a boost I guess. Then fill the rest with utility subs? This is also just a 1.5x but for 3 turns, would apply to 4/6?

Last option is just stick with the stupid king shynee and maybe try skilling it again. I hate this thing but the 3x for healers is damn good.

Looking at it, I really don't think the boosts that aren't the shynee will be enough for descends. Someone tell me I am wrong I want to never see this monster again.

linsivvi

I just can't get over my hatred of king shynee in my DQXQ team. Someone tell me if these four replacements are viable. I need some sort of spike damage. The added stats (specifically hp) is a plus though for the non shynee teams.

Sandlaphon of course, but the cooldown is so high I'd have to work hard on skilling it up
Would be in a DQXQ healer team. This is a 2x, would apply to like 5/6 of the team?

Heracles. Would make a rainbow god DQXQ team. So far I like this? 1.5x over 4 turns, I dunno. Also would apply to 5/6 of the team

Idunn. The enhancement says it boosts water cards, this counts if they are sub too right? This would then boost the two leader dqxq, the idunn itself, and I'd bring a Hera is for gravity and a boost I guess. Then fill the rest with utility subs? This is also just a 1.5x but for 3 turns, would apply to 4/6?

Last option is just stick with the stupid king shynee and maybe try skilling it again. I hate this thing but the 3x for healers is damn good.

Looking at it, I really don't think the boosts that aren't the shynee will be enough for descends. Someone tell me I am wrong I want to never see this monster again.

Not every descends require a 1-shot boost. You can just use Echidna for any descend without a delay block. You can also use a friend Horus, Kirin, U&Y and even ISIS to get a higher multiplier and build your team accordingly.

For example, Hera Sowilo is a long dungeon. It would benefit a lot if you have Echidna to save your ass and even against the boss if you manage to dodge the skill block. Once you get her down to 50%, you still have 4 turns to kill her. So why would you need King Shynee for this dungeon?

DQXQ is extremely versatile so there's no point in sticking with 1 standard team for all dungeons.

Taz

I still have so many doubts, specially at the beginning of the game:

-Is it worth it leveling up and evolving the first few monsters you get? Currently my team has stuff like a Blue Goblin and a black fighter... and I'm not sure if I should be investing money in leveling up and evolving them

-So the other day there was some event on the REM and I decided to give it a chance. I rolled twice and got 2 Salamanders (one of the them is +1). Is there a point in keeping the 2? Or should I feed one of them to another monster to level it up?

- Just did one of the special dungeons (had never done one).... and now I have a pair of weird monsters. The fact they are badly drawn and they are called stuff like Regent-Kun and White-San is funny... and according to the game they are "rare". Is there anything I can do with them?

Don't carry on unless your well over rank 100 it doesn't take long to get back to rank 50 using exp multiplers on dungeons, I had an account that was over rank 100 and changed phone lost it due to no remeber anything on the account and it been non API, started again with a Luci and only took me a few weekends to
Get to rank 80+ using Tower of Gaints floor 3 on weekends, you can just keep playing none stop up untill rank 90 or something it's pretty boring but it's worth it.

Here is a post showing the best exp dungeons , http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=11508&pid=102646#pid102646

Here is a post I used to help with Non API , http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?pid=102646#pid102646

razterik

Sandalphon is the only one I'd consider over Shynee at all. Heracles isn't enough burst by itself and his HP drop will get you killed unless you heal the same turn. I&I active only boosts blue element attacks, not the cards themselves, so DQXQ only gains extra damage on their sub element. Leading with I&I healer ultimate with sub DQXQ is worth considering, but needs multiple other REM blue healer subs to function.

Sandalphon really needs to be max skill to work. Healer based DQXQ doesn't have much HP to tank and stall with. And it still may not be enough burst unless you can use both leader skills on consecutive turns. If you already have him, I'd wander into endless and sample your damage output before deciding.

5x tech fun:
357 runs of Forbidden Tower 4
211 plus eggs
16 stones and 2 rank ups
15 hour workday
2 bleeding eyeballs

Need to stop running the last hour of these bonus rate events. I got four plus eggs in 45 minutes. Killed my ratio.

I don't even know what to feed these eggs into. And Star Vault is tomorrow..

Top Bottom